It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens MINDBLOWING episode "The NASA Connection".

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by buzzEmiller
reply to post by JimOberg

Jim...I just googled Martyn Stubbs & looked under 'most recent'...& there it was listed..I went some forum & bingo, I see the producers message & name.

Thanks for the kind words AND to both of you for the GOOD internet research!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

Originally posted by draknoir2

reply to post by Xcalibur254

No visits in the past huh... what about the mines they found down in Africa that were like 200,000 yrs old?

I guess Fred, Barney, Wilma and Betty were smarter then we thought...

I don't know... what about them? I've not heard of this. I'm sure you have a reliable, qualified source that can be linked, yes?

Here you go... google.com
do some research and find it yourself...

I am not here to do your research for you. If you want to know the information is there. All you have to do is look.

Couldn't find anything so you throw Google at him?

You're the one who made the (false) claim. You're the one that has to back it up. I know you're lying, but you likely can't admit it so you try to force others to do the work for you.

Good luck with that.

In fact, you know that it is not there and that the oldest gold mine ever found is only about 6,000 years old.

Harte

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

No visits in the past huh... what about the mines they found down in Africa that were like 200,000 yrs old?

I don't know... what about them? I've not heard of this. I'm sure you have a reliable, qualified source that can be linked, yes?

will it change anything when you find out they really exist? do you have the courage to change your mind?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

will it change anything when you find out they really exist? do you have the courage to change your mind?

Do you have the courage to read the whole thread before making such a post? Might help.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

whut'd I miss? the one guy DOES believe in aliens and is already courageous? sorry

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
An appeal to authority is no evidence. I understand ppl believe in alien life. But there is not one shred of evidence to suggest it. That is the fact. We can all say we would like to believe in aliens, hell it would be foolish not to think there is some life out there. But to continually tie it up with speculations from non-scientists, quotes taken.from context, and ultimately appeals to authority, this does nothing to provide the evidence that would be needed to argue ETs existence.

What could prove alien contact?; simple, ALIEN CONTACT! Not conjecture about what ppl "think" has happened or what ppl "think" they saw. These are simply arguments of ignorance.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
And one more thing... ad respectfully as I can say, these conspiracies about alien contact cover up will never do justice either. To constantly assume "the powers that be" does not want the public to know about alien contact, really must end. It is a striking pattern that unproven claims, always end up as "the powers that be do not want the public informed." Well they have done a great job of allowing the tools that allow for quick information dissemination. If these powers are so pervasive, why allow us to even have this technology? I can answer that too.

You would have to do better than to assert the powers want us ignorant, and provide sound reasoning for that claim. Why would they care about ppl knowing about alien contact? Social upheaval? What could that knowledge possibly upset? What balance would that knowledge disrupt? These are the kind of questions I would ask before I fooled myself into thinking the powers are always systematically against everything I want to know and believe. Are those same powers concealing the truth about God or Gods?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
To be Catholic you have to have blind faith - it's a prerequisite
To be Moslem you cannot question the Quaran - It's blasphemous
To believe in aliens? You have to have no understanding of science.

Their crafts defy gravity
They travel at light speeds
They breakdown and rebuild matter in seconds as they pass through walls
They are grey, hairless, and speak to your mind
They never enter our atmosphere, but they are seen here
They have no sexuality
They visit us, leave some technology behind, then go.

Conclusion: Alien belief is a failed religion.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaborofLove

They have no sexuality

Hahaha! I love this!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The only 'belief' one needs to be fascinated by the subject, as I am, is that among all the noise, there may well be 'signals' of significant importance. And that it is possible with disciplined, diligent research and analysis, to filter them out -- THAT is a bold act of faith, but one that I hold to enough to act on.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
The only 'belief' one needs to be fascinated by the subject, as I am, is that among all the noise, there may well be 'signals' of significant importance. And that it is possible with disciplined, diligent research and analysis, to filter them out -- THAT is a bold act of faith, but one that I hold to enough to act on.

Jim...You have said this before on TV! A young you said, that this ''noise" is distracting us from genuine phenomena such as..."insect manifestations"! (So UFOs are...living critters ??)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by buzzEmiller

Originally posted by JimOberg

Jim...You have said this before on TV! A young you said, that this ''noise" is distracting us from genuine phenomena such as..."insect manifestations"! (So UFOs are...living critters ??)

"UFO reports" are lots of things, and insect swarms is probably one minor stimulus. I focus on stimuli I'm more familiar with, such as space and missile events. But there's no single, or even single page of, explanations.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

They have no sexuality

Alien belief?
So its a religion now..Hmm...Then i guess im out a here...

Obtw...
What are you?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

What part of the Drake's equation did you not understand? Existence of life in the universe, intelligent life in the universe and intelligent life visiting the Earth (and in our lifetime) have probabilities bigger than zero. We have three facts related to the discussion:

1) So far we don't have evidence which would prove the existence of any of those without a shadow of doubt.
2) There is a great deal of evidence of unknown events, encounters, physical structures which could be explained by terresterial AND extraterresterial explanations with equal probability. (meaning the explanation has an equal likelihood of being terresterial and extreterresterial = we don't know what the heck it is)
3) If, even 1 (one) of those unexplained things, events, sightings, structures is Aliens, then it means intelligent alien species are real and have been here (simple logic, just 1 proves it). In order to disprove the probability of inteligent E.T. theory, a sceptic needs to disprove all of those unexplained items with terresterial means with 100% certainty.

Given these 3 facts, and the unknowns I have been presented so far, I find it much more plausible to believe in the existence of E.T. life than believing in a "Big invisible man in the sky, who loves us but will burn us for all eternity if we eat bacon and have premerital sex".

This is not to say that I take Aliens as "gods" or belief in Aliens as a religion. I do not. Belief in E.T. life is about someone's perception about the universe imo. It's like thinking the universe is finite or infinite. Just a way of placing things on perspective.

Originally posted by ConspiracyFearist22
And one more thing... ad respectfully as I can say, these conspiracies about alien contact cover up will never do justice either. To constantly assume "the powers that be" does not want the public to know about alien contact, really must end. It is a striking pattern that unproven claims, always end up as "the powers that be do not want the public informed." Well they have done a great job of allowing the tools that allow for quick information dissemination. If these powers are so pervasive, why allow us to even have this technology? I can answer that too.

You would have to do better than to assert the powers want us ignorant, and provide sound reasoning for that claim. Why would they care about ppl knowing about alien contact? Social upheaval? What could that knowledge possibly upset? What balance would that knowledge disrupt? These are the kind of questions I would ask before I fooled myself into thinking the powers are always systematically against everything I want to know and believe. Are those same powers concealing the truth about God or Gods?

Sir, I'm a believer as you can understand from my post. I've argued with quite a few sceptics myslef and was only left frustrated by the discussion most of the time. Your argument and the way you are presenting it is among the best I have seen. I'd like to say "kudos"

Edit: @ConspiracyFearist22 Yes, the way to prove it is actual "Alien contact" but there is also another way. If for something we have (an object, an event) we can say that "this cannot be explained by terresterial means" with 100% certainty then we can concur that it is E.T. Since we don't have direct proof, most of the discussions are around this reverse proof. The rest is around the credibility of the claimed direct proof.
edit on 21-3-2012 by bilb_o because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bilb_o

What part of the Drake's equation did you not understand? Existence of life in the universe, intelligent life in the universe and intelligent life visiting the Earth (and in our lifetime) have probabilities bigger than zero.

99.999999% of anything you can think of has a probability greater than zero.

It is not necessary to misunderstand the Drake equation to not believe we've been visited by aliens.

In fact, because the poster was obviously referring to alien visitations of Earth, it appears that it is you who misunderstands the Drake equation.

The Drake equation purports to calculate how many different planets hold intelligent life (through a series of "if" after "if," BTW.)

It says not word one about the probability of alien visitation.

Of course it doesn't. There's no way to calculate such a probability, given the knowledge we have at this time regarding mass, energy and the speed of light.

2) There is a great deal of evidence of unknown events, encounters, physical structures which could be explained by terresterial AND extraterresterial explanations with equal probability. (meaning the explanation has an equal likelihood of being terresterial and extreterresterial = we don't know what the heck it is)

This part of your post indicates you have little understanding of the term "probability."

Given these 3 facts, and the unknowns I have been presented so far, I find it much more plausible to believe in the existence of E.T. life than believing in a "Big invisible man in the sky, who loves us but will burn us for all eternity if we eat bacon and have premerital sex".

Apparently, you also have a problem with the meaning iof the word "fact."

Harte

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bilb_o

Thanks for Kudos!

Just a quick point;

Firstly, when you state that "this cannot be explained by terresterial means' with 100% certainty," that would be understandable if we knew everything right now. You and I know that everything cannot be known. So, for us to conclude that "something cannot be explained by terrestrial mean," we would have to know what everything is that CAN be explained by "terrestrial means." Right?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Factual errors in Ancient Aliens 4/5: The NASA Connection
-----------------------------------------------------------
00:45 (Bara) "The Brookings Report said very specifically ... Don't tell anybody." It did not. The report recommended that the question of public dissemination of extraterrestrial intelligence _should_be_considered_, but it did not express any prejudicial opinion on the matter.

05:05 (Narr) Coordinates of the Apollo 11 landing site "lined up directly under Orion's belt." Not true, there was no such alignment.

05:08 (Bara) Farouk El-Baz picked all the Apollo landing sites, dates & times. Not true. Dr Farouk El-Baz was the Secretary of the Apollo Landing Site Selection Committee. As such, he was very influential over the actual landing sites, but not the dates and times. Those were dictated by technical factors unrelated to El-Baz's specialty, geology & selenology.

06:33 (Bara) Orion on the horizon 33 minutes after Apollo 11 landing. It was not. See Bara's own book, 'Dark Mission,' p.14.

06:44 (Bara) Buzz Aldrin performed a ceremony 33 minutes after Apollo 11 landing. He did not. His ceremony, a catholic mass, was performed at MET 105:25:38, 2h 40m after landing. This can easily be checked in the official transcripts.

06:47 (Bara) "...with Neil Armstrong." Not true. Armstrong took no part in the ceremony.

07:05 (Bara) Catholic mass "has it's origins" in Egyptian ritual. It does not. Its origin is, of course, the last supper of Christ.

11:22 (Von Daniken) Mariner photographed the "Face on Mars." No, it was Viking Orbiter.

22:05 (Narr) President and Congress established NASA as part of DoD. Absolutely NOT. NASA was specifically designated a civilian agency whose space activities were to remain separate from those of the armed forces.

23:30 (Narr) "Founding scientists" of NASA (over a still of Paperclip scientists inc. Von Braun). The Paperclip group did not join NASA until 2 years after its establishment.

24:10 (Bara) Kenneth Kleinknecht Head of the Mercury Program, the Apollo Program, the Gemini Program. Inaccurate. Kleinknecht was Manager of the Mercury Program, Deputy Manager of the Gemini Project Office and Manager for the Command and Service Modules in the Apollo Spacecraft Office.

25:12 (Narr) Again, "NASA's founding fathers" over a still that did not depict the so-called "founding fathers."

26:04 (Bara) "The only launch pad (at White Sands) is launch pad #33." Not true. There are Launch complexes designated LC-32, LC-35, LC-37, LC-38. Pad 33 was built by the US Army in 1945, 17 YEARS BEFORE NASA WAS ESTABLISHED. Thus it cannot possibly support the wild notion that NASA uses the number 33 in a ritualistic way.

35:14 (Prod) Anachronism. Kennedy's speech "We choose to go to the Moon...." was not delivered until Sept 12, 1962, at Rice University. The narration erroneously introduced it as the speech he made to Congress on May 25th.

42:34 (Bara) ""NASA's core mission was to go to the Moon and retrieve evidence that there was a prior civilization." Not true. No such mission was ever envisaged or declared.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Asertus

Very Good Info!

Sources?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by robhines

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Boogeyman1976

I suppose for the self same reasons Christianity is pushed so hard in here, people can feel something very big coming, and they are sorely afraid. When one is scared, other scared people make for good company. Humanity is in the process of waking up, I for one am very curious at to which way they will go when fully awake.

Am kind of thinking and feeling that too, and the way people are arguing lately just kind of adds to the tension. Something is surely going to be revealed soon, and I just hope things turn out well for us and it's not some false flag crap.

Not all of "humanity" needs to wake up, just the believers. But that is an impossibility. Humanity cannot wake up on its own. There has to be a radical event such as every believer going to sleep at the same time all over earth and their brains/minds reprogrammed to become clear thinkers or, skeptics/atheists. I'm a skeptic/atheist and I am fully awake and I operate on all cylinders with no one affecting my thinking. My brain/mind is 100% mine and is not under anyone's control as believers are. When you believe in fantasies such as what religions are and when you believe that a Jesus really existed and walked on water, performed miracles, brought the dead back to life including himself, you will never "wake up".

When you believe in extraterrestrials from vast distances away, when you believe same ETs are abducting people, when you believe in "disclosure," when you believe, period, you are not your own person. Your brain/mind is someone else's property.

edit on 17-3-2012 by The Shrike because: To correct reply.

Shrike, This has to be the best post ever!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyFearist22
Sources (some cited already):

Brookings Report: Text of the report.
Apollo 11/Orion: Stellarium
El-Baz: NASA History Office
Face on Mars: Mission documentation
NASA/DoD: Text of The Space Act, contemporary reporting.
Von Braun: Biog.history.msfc.nasa.gov...
Kleinknecht: Biog www.collectspace.com...
White Sands: Official website www.wsmr.army.mil...
Kennedy speech: Rice U. explore.rice.edu...
Bara's final comment: Can't prove a negative. Trust me.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join