It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Things The Bible Forbids Other Than Homosexuality

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
hey, the best way to beat leviticus et al is to:

well, there are certain people who aren't supposed to get stoned
be a hippy type dude or dudette

phew!
gets us out of a lot of biblical type repercussions
man

I knew i could figure out a safe way to eat pork chops

couldn't stand to see all those apples go to waste
( gotta have pork on my apple sauce )

right! they stone you, then they throw you in jail for getting stoned
what's wrong with that picture?

edit on 9-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
oh crap. And to think I ate that ham sandwich in celebration of my divorce and remarriage while I got my rounded haircut on the Sabbath

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
well im off to get a rounded haircut and a tattoo of a ham sandwich

see you all in h e double hockey sitcks

edit on 9-3-2012 by spaceg0at because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Wow another Christian troll bashing thread! How unique to ATS. Let me guess, all the people here bashing Christianity for laws from the OT that haven't been relevant for two thousand years (that they don't practice) fully support Islam who STILL PRACTICES laws from 2000 years ago that shouldn't apply, like stoning women, making women cover their entire bodies, and not eating pork.

Christian Bashing?

So...why do you think its Christian bashing and not Jew bashing?
I mean..we are talking Old Testament here...

And you guess wrong. I bash all religions equally...from judism, to christianity, islam, wiccan, etc. All a bunch of ceremonial nonsense to pretend they know what a deity would want from the insect species of mankind.

Choose your delusions...I choose to view all with equal amusement and slight distain.

Your right though. and that is the overall subtext of the thread..if your some religious nutjob thumping a holy book and saying gays are damned..you better be following the rest of the nonsense OT rules, such as no rounded haircuts, no cloven hoof meat, no tattoos, etc.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by fictitious
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

I had no clue about the sheep thing. If only dinosaurs could have fit in there if there were less sheep!

But if there was less sheep, who would vote for our politicians?

HA...get it...see what I did there? erm..the sheep..and..oh nevermind..
I miss having friends.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I knew i could figure out a safe way to eat pork chops
couldn't stand to see all those apples go to waste
( gotta have pork on my apple sauce )

Best meal ever? Pork chops, applesauce and latke. YUM!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
***snip***
The many different ways of seeing things requires high tolerance. Why not just let every denomination believe whatever they choose?
***snip***

Because the high tolerance has to be exercised by the people NOT believing in what they do. Hence the term Bible Bashing. It hasn't been invented to discredit christians. It was coined to describe a huge number of those tolerent (?) christians.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Nothing like seeing those dudes with a cross tattooed on their arm or whatnot..boy wont they be suprised when they are having tea with lucifer on death because of it.

I have a cross tattooed on my arm, but it's on flames.
So I think I'm ok in hell with the Devil, he might like the tat and get one himself.
Then again, JC might like it aswell since that's where they nailed him to, allegedly.
I'd want to burn that piece of wood to ash if I was him.
The Devil better have Twinnings an all, I don't want that Pg Tips crap.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
reply to post by SaturnFX

Nothing like seeing those dudes with a cross tattooed on their arm or whatnot..boy wont they be suprised when they are having tea with lucifer on death because of it.

I have a cross tattooed on my arm, but it's on flames.
So I think I'm ok in hell with the Devil, he might like the tat and get one himself.
Then again, JC might like it aswell since that's where they nailed him to, allegedly.
I'd want to burn that piece of wood to ash if I was him.
The Devil better have Twinnings an all, I don't want that Pg Tips crap.

Its hell dude
Lipton is all they have...nice corporate flavorless lipton tea

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Bummer for religious folk....

Their God condems them for having a ham sandwich?

Thats just tragic..

Yep thats sucks. I don't much care for ham, but i like bacon

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Yeah see the thing about those Old Testament Laws, Jesus shields you from reaping the repercussions of breaking them, which is eternal death. He doesn't give you a license to keep breaking them, he just says "stop doing them, k?" and if you really love him, you will be cool with it.

His ministry concerned the 10 commandments but he did preach against sexual immorality. The 10 are still in play:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21: 5-8

5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”
6 And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Oh yes, you better believe the Decalogue is still in play. Revelation 21 has Decalogue written all over it.
edit on 9-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Lol, so pretty much everyone in government forcing taxes on the people or facing the repercussions of being audited by the I.R.S. will have a hot eternity.
. Romney and Obama, whoever wins you better stop taxing people, your extortion will find you out.
edit on 9-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Another bible bashing thread. yawn.....
All you people supporting homosexuality, why you want approval of christians who view that behaviour in negative light???
Be confident if you think you are right.
I think there is some part of you which is in constant denial/fear when any christian says that homsex is sin.
Since you probably don't believe in sin, why you feel insulted and thereby spewing insults on others??
I feel both sides are equally wrong because fighting insult with insult isn't a good option.
There should be a place for mutual understanding from both sides.
BTW i ain't a Christian but i love Jesus even as a Hindu.
His teachings on homosexuality are very clear and believe me no true spiritual or religilous leader would disagree.
You have to understand that you can be homosexual and Christian as the others but you have to overcome lust as the others.
Beware of religious fanatics and non believers as both are dangerous.....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm
Another bible bashing thread. yawn.....

Coffee should help that

All you people supporting homosexuality, why you want approval of christians who view that behaviour in negative light???

Although not a homosexual, I can answer the captain obvious answer
laws are created that treats hetrosexual couples better than same sex partners.
try going to see a companion in the hospital when its family only...
also tax incentives and the like...etc.
All of this is based on a religious institution that permeates the government and tries to deny equal rights to homosexual couples.

so ya..its not the approval of christians they are wanting..rather, the non exclusive opinions influencing policy from holier than thou christians whom are hypocrites (as demonstrated by this thread)

BTW i ain't a Christian but i love Jesus even as a Hindu.
His teachings on homosexuality are very clear and believe me no true spiritual or religilous leader would disagree.

Agreed..his teachings on homosexuality is quite clear
incidently, he did not say a single word ever about it.
So...his silence says it all...and nobody whom read the bible would disagree with that (the fact he did not weigh in at all on it.)

So...I guess it is about as taboo as getting a tat, working on sabbath, ham sandwiches, curved haircuts, etc....

Beware of religious fanatics and non believers as both are dangerous.....

Fairly random. ok...erm...don't run with scissors.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Thats Paul
Christians are to follow Christ...not Paul
Let me show you the issue here...will snip out the irrelevant bits...

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither... thieves,

So ya, not only is it not christ saying anything about that..but it goes fully against the example that christ gave on the cross (telling in no uncertain terms the thief beside him is going to heaven).

1 Cor 3:11 should give you enough info on this...Paul cannot then lay a foundation all his own and pretend its straight from god...it did not come from Christ, therefore it is false, period.

Revelation 21: 5-8

Channeled information
Don't subscribe to psychics and their "Visions" or channeled information, be it from dream angles, or whitecloud the indian spirit guide.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by fictitious
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

I had no clue about the sheep thing. If only dinosaurs could have fit in there if there were less sheep!

But if there was less sheep, who would vote for our politicians?

HA...get it...see what I did there? erm..the sheep..and..oh nevermind..
I miss having friends.

I guess that means Noah was in a conspiracy to populate the world with more sheep! He did well.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Nice try but Kirk Cameron wasn't "taking shots at Homosexuality" he was asked some questions and simply answered them honestly. Why do you feel the need to take shots at Kirk Cameron? He's a nice man.
edit on 9-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I am pretty sure a lot of these laws were man made. In Mark 7:14-23: “Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, ‘Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. Nothing outside a man can make him unclean by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him unclean.’

In ages long since past, infections may have been the product of tattoos. Without the medical means to fight such infections would have meant that it's possible more than a few people (tribal warriors and slaves) who were tattooed died from infections. It stands to reason that the Religious men of the day decided marking the skin with ink was bad for you. No quite so much now.

The most important commandment anyone really need remember is "Love thy neighbour as thyself". If more people did this, the world would be a different place entirely.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyStewart

Exactly the point I was making on my previous post...which seems to have been completely ignored. I wonder why? Perhaps the atheists want to believe that nothing rational can ever come from the bible, and the christians want to believe that everything in the bible is an absolute command that must be followed...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

IMO it sounds like the Gods shalt not lie with mankind... Nephilim? "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination."

But then again I have no knowledge of the bible... Tried to read it once but after I got to the Adam/Eve part and it started taking about this person's brother father's uncle's aunt's cousin... I put that book to rest for good...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MollyStewart

I am pretty sure a lot of these laws were man made. In Mark 7:14-23: “Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, ‘Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. Nothing outside a man can make him unclean by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him unclean.’

In ages long since past, infections may have been the product of tattoos. Without the medical means to fight such infections would have meant that it's possible more than a few people (tribal warriors and slaves) who were tattooed died from infections. It stands to reason that the Religious men of the day decided marking the skin with ink was bad for you. No quite so much now.

The most important commandment anyone really need remember is "Love thy neighbour as thyself". If more people did this, the world would be a different place entirely.

^

Good post. However, even though I think you're right about tattoos causing infection, that doesn't seen to be the intent of the command.

Lev. 19:28 You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks upon you: I am the LORD

Seems the "LORD" was more concerned about out of control wailing and self mutilation for the dead. Makes sense.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join