It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Things The Bible Forbids Other Than Homosexuality

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Too Late she's gone
edit on 9-3-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The Huffington -gay- link is nonsense. It doesn't even take faith, look at the natural law. It follows...who created nature?

God gave us the Commandments for our benefit. He is love and goodness. Look at the fruit of not following God. No good comes from disobeying God, you can see in choosing to "sin" here, the
consequences. And after we die...

It's written in the Gospel two places. Do not die with the grave sin of sodomy on your soul, there are unrepentant sodomites in hell. Repent and confess this sin to God now, you do not know your last day.

2 Peter 2:4-6
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but delivered them, drawn down by infernal ropes to the lower hell, unto torments, to be reserved unto judgment: 5 And spared not the original world, but preserved Noah, the eighth person, the preacher of justice, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly. 6 And reducing the cities of the Sodomites, and of the Gomorrhites, into ashes, condemned them to be overthrown, making them an example to those that should after act wickedly.

Peter speaks of sodomites in hell, comparing them to the fallen angels and we all know where they are. The other Gospel reference is Jude, verse 5-7, it states the same.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Sodomy is defined in the bible as a violent act... Stemming from the story with Lot...

The term comes from the Ecclesiastical Latin: peccatum Sodomiticum, or "sin of Sodom." The Book of Genesis (chapters 18-20) tells how God wished to destroy the sinful cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. Two angels (literally "messengers") are invited by Lot to take refuge with his family for the night. The men of Sodom surrounded Lot's house and demanded that he bring the messengers out, so that they can "know" them. Lot protests that the "messengers" are his guests, and offers them his virgin daughters instead, but the Sodomites threaten to "do worse" with Lot than with his guests; whereupon the angels strike the Sodomites blind, "so that they wearied themselves to find the door." (Genesis 19:4-11, KJV)

en.wikipedia.org...

Homosexuality is not a violent act...

Er.... Not that i'd know i guess...

edit on 9-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by colbe

Sodomy is defined in the bible as a violent act... Stemming from the story with Lot...

The term comes from the Ecclesiastical Latin: peccatum Sodomiticum, or "sin of Sodom." The Book of Genesis (chapters 18-20) tells how God wished to destroy the sinful cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. Two angels (literally "messengers") are invited by Lot to take refuge with his family for the night. The men of Sodom surrounded Lot's house and demanded that he bring the messengers out, so that they can "know" them. Lot protests that the "messengers" are his guests, and offers them his virgin daughters instead, but the Sodomites threaten to "do worse" with Lot than with his guests; whereupon the angels strike the Sodomites blind, "so that they wearied themselves to find the door." (Genesis 19:4-11, KJV)

en.wikipedia.org...

Wrongo,

Everyone knows what sodomy is, your excuse, your Wiki definition
is a laugh. Are you trying to tell me something personal?

I pray not. If only you had put up the quote from Scripture about
unrepentant sodomites in hell. You have until the moment you die to
get right with God.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

reply to post by colbe

en.wikipedia.org...

Wrongo,

get right with God.

As usual... He makes it a personal issue...

This has nothing to do with me...

Its like me suggesting you're a closet homosexual for hating on the act...

Grow up bud

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Nope, you're still dancing around things. You assert that those who wrote and compiled the bible deliberately included 'contradictory views as to promote diversity of denomination' - really? How do you know this? Were you there? If you remember that all three main religions consider their way to be the only way, how does this marry with your opinion?

If theologians and philosophers have been addressing the issue for thousands of years then why don't we have any answers as to why there are so many contradictions in the bible? You'll have to excuse me if I don't accept the reason you gave that I referenced above because it's rubbish. In any event, YOU still haven't addressed all of the points made in the OP's link; you just jumped in with a high-handed and condescending response to a post that wasn't addressing you in the first place and STILL failed to provide any real answers.

Originally posted by lucid eyes

Anyone pointing out a logical fallacy of religion-haters must be religious then? Another fallacy. Maybe you should educate yourself a little before venturing out to partake in public debates about important issues.

If the issues here are as important to you as you make out, then it's quite clear that you ARE religious so don't be disingenuous about it. Your posts are dripping with butthurt and that tells me all I need to know.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Amadeo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

en.wikipedia.org...

Wrongo,

get right with God.

As usual... He makes it a personal issue...
This has nothing to do with me...

Its like me suggesting you're a closet homosexual for hating on the act...

Grow up bud

Excuse me, all the "fun" protest you put up at ATS isn't personal. Okay,
you're playing the devil's advocate.

You support the "act", defend it. God has revealed sodomy is as an abomination.

Trying to tell all now you're not a sodomite? Phhhhewww....good deal.

I would smile, if wasn't a grave sin and for some who die unrepentant, damning.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I'll have to laugh at that reply... it seems the only thing that God has revealed here is another bigot. Don't worry you're not alone... Theres lots of them in this world.

I neither support nor condem those that choose that lifestyle... its not my business.

What i do oppose are those who think they have the right to condem anyone because a book says so...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

I'll have to laugh at that reply... it seems the only thing that God has revealed here is another bigot. Don't worry you're not alone... Theres lots of them in this world.

I neither support nor condem those that choose that lifestyle... its not my business.
What i do oppose are those who think they have the right to condem anyone because a book says so...

A "book"...hey smiling kitty, the Bible is God's revelation, remember, your creator.

You are now trying to get out of what you said, you gave a contrary definition of sodomy trying to justify the act, everyone read it. Mocking Akragon, it is God who condemns the "act"

Defending sodomy is so stupid.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

IF you say so bud

Honestly i've heard enough bigotry for one day...

Edit: You Win... i will quietly back out of this thread
edit on 9-3-2012 by Akragon because: Until further notice

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Genesis 18:20-21
Then the Lord said, “Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great and their sin is very grave, I will go down to see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry which has come to me.”

The inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah were guilty of homosexual activity. So far gone were they in this vice that the men of the town would not even accept heterosexual license with Lot’s daughters, both virgins, as a means of sating their lust (see 19:8-9).

See how perverse they became...

To say there is nothing wrong with sodomy shows darkening of conscience. In our time, history repeats itself and you see it with other grave sins today like the acceptance of contraception as not being a sin.

Contraception, the "pill" lead to the legalization of abortion.

www.catholicculture.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

IF you say so bud

Honestly i've heard enough bigotry for one day...

Down to a mocking pic and an unfinished sentence....

Next time you defend the "act" think about your soul.

It's not "bigotry" to defend God's teachings, obvious natural law.

Time is short, change your ways.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Akragon,

We've talked in other threads. I love you brother. My going with God
on sodomy is not judging but trying to save souls. People hopefully will read the two references to sodomites posted from the Gospel.

I offered the Stations of the Cross for your intention and for disbelievers
at ATS.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

It's not "bigotry" to defend God's teachings...

It is if you can't even prove your stupid god is real or not. Hey god! where are you dude? Oh ok, just cbf I suppose.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo

You assert that those who wrote and compiled the bible deliberately included 'contradictory views as to promote diversity of denomination' - really? How do you know this? Were you there? If you remember that all three main religions consider their way to be the only way, how does this marry with your opinion?

You are butthurt.

Plebs/Liberals dont understand the first thing about history or theology

When you are done raining hate on religion, start by studying the deliberate use of paradox and its effects on the psyche and usage in the world religions. Also look up "The Rashomon Effect" on Wikipedia.

As you will not even in the slightest own up to the countless logical fallacies and misinformation (no I am not religious) you have posted in this thread I now end this discussion.

edit on 10-3-2012 by lucid eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

If sodomy is so wrong, why did God create the male anatomy in such a way, that he can achieve orgasm through anal sex? And, why would some married couples find anal sex pleasurable, if God didn't create that "pleasure spot?"

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
Plebs/Liberals dont understand the first thing about history or theology

Please provide citations on this little factoid...otherwise it's simply rectally sourced and we do try to rise above mere insults on this site. Something you might want to consider when 'debating'.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Thumbs down for the huffington post.

Being critical of another person's religion while being uncritical of your own reading comprehension skills for the sake of creating a sensationalist argument is bigotry or just irresponsible writing.

However, this type of approach should be expected by anyone who subscribes to a religion. Misconceptions and generalizations to groups like: "Islam is intrinsically violent." or questions like "Are most Muslims Jihadists?" are far too common. And of course questions like the OP to Christians.

The persecution of Christians will continue and intensify until the end of days.

I don't agree with this quote, but it's certainly applicable.

"Don't be a Christian if you're afraid of controversy."

Simply educate, and move on, even if the questioner is too biased or intent on in ridiculing your beliefs.
edit on 10-3-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Being critical of another person's religion while being uncritical of your own reading comprehension skills for the sake of creating a sensationalist argument is bigotry or just irresponsible writing.

However, this type of approach should be expected by anyone who subscribes to a religion. Misconceptions and generalizations to groups like: "Islam is intrinsically violent." or questions like "Are most Muslims Jihadists?" are far too common. And of course questions like the OP to Christians.

The persecution of Christians will continue and intensify until the end of days.

I don't agree with this quote, but it's certainly applicable.

"Don't be a Christian if you're afraid of controversy."

Simply educate, and move on, even if the questioner is too biased or intent on in ridiculing your beliefs.

As for me, I am not against religion in and of itself. It is people who are evil, prejudiced, violent, and hateful. Some of those people hide behind religion. They use and abuse religion for their own evil purposes. If we eliminated all religion tomorrow, these evil people would still exist - they would just find something else to hide behind.

I have known good, decent, kind, tolerant people who were atheists, and I have known good, decent, kind, tolerant people who were devoutly religious. And I have known really nasty people that fell into both those categories as well.
edit on 10-3-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

This is not commentary on Christianity per se...it is a commentary on hypocrisy.
But if the shoe fits, eh?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join