13 Things The Bible Forbids Other Than Homosexuality

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Come on now, you're ending the discussion because because you can't justify the cherry-picking of certain biblical laws whilst ignoring others. That's the only reason. See you around.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Homosexuality may not be a violent act, but its certainly a destructive life style. And that is the reason the Bible condemns it as a sin.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

It is less destructive than christianity.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Akragon

Homosexuality may not be a violent act, but its certainly a destructive life style. And that is the reason the Bible condemns it as a sin.

Do you live a heterosexual Life Style?

What exactly is a Life Style anyway?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by colbe
It's not "bigotry" to defend God's teachings...

It is if you can't even prove your stupid god is real or not. Hey god! where are you dude? Oh ok, just cbf I suppose.

God only reveals himself to people that seek him with a humble genuine heart. Not someone who is practicing the sin of homosexuality and rebelling against him. God will not be tested in the fashion you want him to...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

So says you and a book of fairy tales. That's not good enough from something that is supposed to be all powerful.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Akragon

Do you live a heterosexual Life Style?

What exactly is a Life Style anyway?

God intended us to be heterosexuals hence why homosexuals can't produce offspring by themselves. Homosexuality is going against the grain of God's plan for us, it is the ultimate form of rebellion and is sinful. There are also alot of dangers of becoming a homosexual such as the risk for disease, which statistically is more prevalent amongst homosexual men.
edit on 10-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

So says you and a book of fairy tales. That's not good enough from something that is supposed to be all powerful.

That so called "book of fairy tales" is the #1 best selling book of all time and has never been proven false by archaeology in over 1500 years and counting. Seems strange from a person claiming the bible to be a fairy tale you would go out your way to attack it so vehemently. People don't get angry and attack fairy tales. But they do with the truth of Gods word that they are so desperately trying to suppress.
edit on 10-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Just because real locations were included in the stories and that they have been so often printed does not mean the stories themselves are true.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Just because real locations were included in the stories and that they have been so often printed does not mean the stories themselves are true.

How do you know there was a Korean "Police Action"?

That Hitler, Churchill, and Roosevelt ever really existed?

That there was a genocide of the Jews in Europe in the early-mid 20th century?

That Columbus ever sailed across the Atlantic from Palos de la Frontera in 1492?

That there ever was a Joan of Arc?

That Napoleon Bonaparte actually lived from the 15th of August, 1769 until the 5th of May, 1821?

All that you think you know may be just your imagination or someone's lies.

Right?

But are you sure?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

God intended us to be heterosexuals hence why homosexuals can't produce offspring by themselves.

What a load of antiquated uninformed garbage.

There's real creation - - which includes a whole spectrum of natural sexual attraction.

Then there is religion - - - which is man made - - including Fear Based loonacies - - - such as Red Hair.

Red hair was thought to be a mark of a beastly sexual desire and moral degeneration. A savage red-haired man is portrayed in the fable by Grimm brothers (Der Eisenhans) as the spirit of the forest of iron. Theophilus Presbyter describes how the blood of a red-haired young man is necessary to create gold from copper, in a mixture with the ashes of a basilisk. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

God intended us to be heterosexuals hence why homosexuals can't produce offspring by themselves.

What a load of antiquated uninformed garbage.

There's real creation - - which includes a whole spectrum of natural sexual attraction.

Then there is religion - - - which is man made - - including Fear Based loonacies - - - such as Red Hair.

But that still doesn't change the fact that Adam and Eve pre-date any religion.

And they we're created as man and woman. Both needing each other equally in order to create the human race.

Homosexuality is selfish and destructive. It's not only an abomination to God. It is an attack on humanity.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Any real history of the "biblical mythical Jesus" is nonexistent.

There is Nothing - - Zip - - Zero - - to support the myth of "biblical Jesus".

There is definite real history of the time of Jesus - - and a real Jesus that was a political dissident.

Any person who studies the real truth - - real history - - will come away as a non-believer. Because there is nothing there.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Most of that, I assume to be correct but as I am not a scholar of those subjects I rely on best guess and faith that those who documented the facts got it right and did so with no bias. Of course, we know that this is not always the case.

As for the others, because they are within living memory.

The difference though is that I do not base my entire belief system on what I cannot prove. An example is that I was not there the day that Columbus 'discovered' America, so I can never be sure what actually happened. I can rely on accounts of those who were or allegedly were but that is as far as it can ever go.

The thing is, all of this is so vague an ambiguous and to base a predjudice upon such is, at least to me, folly.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Who?

You want to believe this myth - - - then do it at home. Stay out of other peoples lives.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Any real history of the "biblical mythical Jesus" is nonexistent.

There is Nothing - - Zip - - Zero - - to support the myth of "biblical Jesus".

There is definite real history of the time of Jesus - - and a real Jesus that was a political dissident.

Any person who studies the real truth - - real history - - will come away as a non-believer. Because there is nothing there.

He was talking about the Bible not the person of Jesus. And in-actual fact there is more evidence for the historical Jesus then any other person in the ancient world. Their were numerous Roman historians that mentioned him, Josephus, Tacitus, Emperor Tiberitus, Lucian, Suetonius are just some of the people who wrote about Jesus out-side of the bible. I think people are smart enough to see through your blatant lies making claims like that, not even the secular theologians would agree with you.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Who?

You want to believe this myth - - - then do it at home. Stay out of other peoples lives.

Jesus talked about Adam and Eve as if they were literal people, so your attacks on Adam & Eve are quite pitiful.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Most of that, I assume to be correct but as I am not a scholar of those subjects I rely on best guess and faith that those who documented the facts got it right and did so with no bias. Of course, we know that this is not always the case.

One does not have to be a scholar to know basic history.

The difference though is that I do not base my entire belief system on what I cannot prove. An example is that I was not there the day that Columbus 'discovered' America, so I can never be sure what actually happened. I can rely on accounts of those who were or allegedly were but that is as far as it can ever go.

Well what can you prove... Evolution? I think not.

The bible is the only religious book that claims to be the inspired word of God. And Jesus to be the only way to heaven, so everyone has to make a decision in their life to ether accept the gospel or reject it.

God gives enough evidence to every soul for his existence. There is evidence all over creation, the world and dna are just some. Things didn't just pop into existence on their own, and nobody with an inch of common sense believes that. I base my belief system on the evidence I have seen. God does not call anyone to believe blindly.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I beg you do not take me for an uneducated fool. I never said I don't know basic history, what I did say was that I know the limit to what I can know for sure. Anyone that says otherwise is in fact a fool, which is often why the validity of the beliefs of our religious brethren are so often questioned.

Also, I also never mentioned evolution or what my opinion is on it.

What we should be focussing on in this thread is that there are contradictions in the bible which is supposed to be absolute and infallible.

edit on 10-3-2012 by Garfee because: rarrrw!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

So what do you base your belief system on?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join