It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Concerning Galactic Plane and Solar Flares

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

Wow.. nice reply..not.. I'm not trying to spread fear.. I didn't make the video.. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to discuss it.. I've learned from the other reply's, but not yours.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
HEY! NASA said niabru don't exist bruh..... That tree is a no barking zone....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
I'm not trying to spread fear. ... I've learned from the other reply's, but not yours.

Oh good, well there's still time to edit your OP and remove this garbage from the interwebs.... Oh? never mind, I see that you haven't learned spreading ignorance on ATS is despicable.

Continue with the doom n gloom.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Oh I see. Well if your happy with it then fine, but you could have saved yourself from some of this flak. I appreciate your replies though.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I didn't make the video and don't believe in Nibiru, but I thought the part about the Earth going through the gravity plane was interesting and how that may increase solar activity, which is what I worry about.

I think it is as we pass through the center line of the elliptical plain that the Mayans have ended their calender at this point.
Hence perhaps 21st 12/2012 is the center of the seven years of tribulation spoken of in the bible when we pass over to the other side?

As for Planet X I think it is referred to as 'X' because it could be any one of a barrage of asteroids/comets Space Debri that could hit us as we pass through this elliptical plain of the Milky Way if this is the case 'X' would be very appropriate as it can't be identified before hand.

Anyway, thanks for sharing - it brings it all together in one video. S&F

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside

I'm not trying to spread fear. ... I've learned from the other reply's, but not yours.

Oh good, well there's still time to edit your OP and remove this garbage from the interwebs.... Oh? never mind, I see that you haven't learned spreading ignorance on ATS is despicable.

Why - Because you say so!

Your manners are more despicable and if you simply want to discuss the title instead of joining in civilized debate then I suggest you make a thread of your own about titles.

Please move over and give the guy a break there are members who enjoy this type of discussion and at the end of the day we and that includes you are all ignorant when it comes to space and the few facts we have established is minuscule, compared to what is yet to be learned - As demonstrated in the Video, it is all theory!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Why you talk to me like this? I'm not spreading anything.. just discussing a video. I've changed the title since you guys thought it was so bad.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hi to all...

I was going to create my 1st thread but ain't got yet the 20 posts... but i think this could be a good topic..
I came aware that Nasa made a video debunking the doomsday in 21/12/12... its on their site www.space.com

Nasa debunking 21-12-12

what do you guys/girls think on this...? feel free to start a thread if you think it is worth it...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by quelmarth

That was a good video.. still concerned about solar activity though. I don't think the sun will end the world in 2012, but I do think it could do a lot of damage. I'll be watching the solar activity closely.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

What is the motto of this forum?

I have no tolerance for those who spit in the face of that mission statement, nor am I willing to offer them pleasantries. I have no woes about educating the ignorant in a civil pleasant discussion. However, this was not a case of ignorance.

As I said, if the OP watched the video, than the OP already knew the claim of NASA issuing a warning about Nibiru/Doomsday was a false statement. Hence, spreading fallacy intentionally. No one forced the OP to use the title, that was a choice.

The wording of the OP presents the video as an attempt to share and spread this "warning" just as much as it presents the video as an attempt to open a discussion about it's content.

I will however give props to the OP for at least changing the title of this thread removing any indication that NASA is warning us all to run and hide, as that was clearly NOT the case.

P.S. the dangers involved in extreme solar storms is not "all theory". It is very real, feel free to educate yourself.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by quelmarth
Hi to all...

I was going to create my 1st thread but ain't got yet the 20 posts... but i think this could be a good topic..
I came aware that Nasa made a video debunking the doomsday in 21/12/12... its on their site www.space.com

Nasa debunking 21-12-12

what do you guys/girls think on this...? feel free to start a thread if you think it is worth it...

I think the main difference between NASA (Politically Motivated) and a well known widely respected Physicist like Michio Kaku is that one speaks 'out of the box' and the other remains inside it and keeps the lid tightly shut.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by quelmarth
Hi to all...

Nasa debunking 21-12-12

Go find your intro thread post in it. Send me a u2u with the link. I'll help you get your 20 posts in just a few minutes. The, you can start your own thread...

Des

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
this 'Galactic Plane" stuff is just nonsensical

take a dime hold it up edgewise in front of your face (up-down, not flat ways).... that is a representational model of our Solar System in relation to the Galactic center, (your eye being the galaxy center)

now understand that the theoretical Galactic Plane, which does exist, has absolutely no command of energy or act as a conduit for exotic energy to travel within=====

If anything ... the Galactic Center's Poles would be where to look for explosions of gamma rays
and those positions would send energetic beams of energy 90º from the Galactic Equatorial Plane and into inter-galactic space which is nowhere near shooting energy into the main mass of the galaxies parts like stars or solar systems
so there is no threat about our solar system crossing the Galactic Plane, until some 4 million years from now

(our dime sized, set on edge, solar system is currently some 2 light years 'above' the galactic plane & will continue rising away from the Plane for another 1-2 million years... until this solar system again descends below the galactic plane as it forever oscillates up and down - all through Its galactic orbit - of more than 250 million years )

tell the others about the photon belt
edit on 8-3-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

No the difference is that when NASA speaks about thing like the Sun they either have the statement come from a heliophysicist or the statement was prepared by a heliophysicist. Kaku, while smart, is a theoretical physicist. He isn't spending every day monitoring the Sun and running equations in regards to it. He is instead busy running equations trying to prove phenomena that cannot be observed. Kaku really needs to stick to his own field. Ever since he's become a media darling it seems like he's less interested about actual science and more about the spotlight.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

reply to post by quedup

I have no tolerance for those who spit in the face of that mission statement, nor am I willing to offer them pleasantries. I have no woes about educating the ignorant in a civil pleasant discussion. However, this was not a case of ignorance.

As I said, if the OP watched the video, than the OP already knew the claim of NASA issuing a warning about Nibiru/Doomsday was a false statement. Hence, spreading fallacy intentionally. No one forced the OP to use the title, that was a choice.

The wording of the OP presents the video as an attempt to share and spread this "warning" just as much as it presents the video as an attempt to open a discussion about it's content.

I will however give props to the OP for at least changing the title of this thread removing any indication that NASA is warning us all to run and hide, as that was clearly NOT the case.

P.S. the dangers involved in extreme solar storms is not "all theory". It is very real,

Manners and Decorum is also a rule of ATS!

NASA will never warn us to run and hide!

No Solar Storms are not 'All Theory' but as a self appointed expert I guess you know that.

I don't think the OP has demonstrated any ignorance whatsoever by sharing this video however, on the other hand your attitude and lack of Manners and Decorum does deter other members from expressing their own theories. But then perhaps that was your goal.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

reply to post by quedup

P.S. the dangers involved in extreme solar storms is not "all theory". It is very real, feel free to educate yourself.

I'm sorry I didn't point out that NASA wasn't issuing a warning.. I figured the video could be interpreted by who ever watched it.. next time I'll write more about the video.. still don't like how you treated me.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

No Solar Storms are not 'All Theory' but as a self appointed expert I guess you know that.

I don't think the OP has demonstrated any ignorance whatsoever by sharing this video however, on the other hand your attitude and lack of Manners and Decorum does deter other members from expressing their own theories. But then perhaps that was your goal.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09

I didn't make the video and don't believe in Nibiru, but I thought the part about the Earth going through the gravity plane was interesting and how that may increase solar activity, which is what I worry about.

How can Earth moving through anything cause the sun, to unleash anything? I don't understand how that would work? I think many of the planets in our Solar System are often aligned with and/or going through something at some point in their lifetimes, so how would Earth going through anything make the sun react differently than it has in the past?

If it helps any, the shows and research material I've collected on the Galactic Plane issue boils down to a fairly simple concept once visualized.

Imagine the enormous black hole they say sits as the center of the Milky way. Now, imagine that spinning at speeds we can't really fathom here. The image of it's gravity well would normally be a bubble or some other shape outward in in many or all directions from the black hole, right?

Well,., The theory as I've come to understand it is that by spinning at these extreme speeds some think it does, the Black Hole in the center has it's gravity compressed and extended in a very thin, very large (diameter wise) and VERY intense "sheet" of gravity, for lack of a better term to visualize. (Like Saturn's Rings) Earth rides above or below this gravity 'sheet' but we occasionally pass through it as our own Solar System moves on it's own larger orbits around that center.

So.....As the thinking goes....The compressed gravity field is so intense that passing through it has everything going a little haywire. Apparently it's suppose to be short, but intense.

Do I believe it personally? Well..... I'd planned a whole thread in January on this and had most of my pages laid out....and it slammed me. I had speculation, Reams of it. I had fancy charts with distances and speeds and gravitational values. What I didn't have was a single fact outside of educated guessing and theory.

Do *I* believe this? I believe there is far more we don't know about Space around us than we DO know. I also believe we'll all find out the truth of this together. I'm not changing my life plans based on it....but I'm absolutely not ignoring it either.

The OP is interesting (in it's modified and corrected form)..........as long as one keeps it firmly in the realm of speculative theory, IMO.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

I stated the OP should be ashamed for the spread of lies and ignorance. There's an ALERT function, feel free to use it if you feel so inclined.

As for the video, I also don't think the OP demonstrated ignorance by sharing this video, nor have I stated such. What I did express is that I believed the OP was spreading ignorance by sharing this video. Big difference.

No, I am not a "self-appointed solar storm expert" as you claim I am. And it doesn't take a rocket scie.... err.. a "self-appointed solar storm expert" to see the blatant lie the video perpetrated.

And I have only one goal as a member of this site. To deny ignorance. Feel free to join us rather than throwing words in peoples mouth and making unverifiable accusations.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join