It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Concerning Galactic Plane and Solar Flares

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

Man I think you're overreacting.. I got your PM. I came across the video and found it disturbing.. wanted to know what others thought.. so I started this thread and quoted the title of the video in the title of the thread (Video: title of video).. didn't think it was a no.no. Like I said before, next time I'll write a little summary of the video.. you really upset over 13 minutes? You don't need to get angry at me.. want to be angry at the video fine.

Take it easy.

edit on 3/8/2012 by Morpheas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

The U2U was off the topic of your thread, which is why I relayed it via U2U, with the intent to clarify my intentions.

But since we are all going off topic anyway and no one seems to mind then I'll just address it here.

Please understand, nothing I said was an attack on your character or person. If you don't like others pointing out that you are spreading ignorance on a site dedicated to denying it, might I suggest you be a little more careful of the content you post. You might not have liked my cold approach to it, but I don't like others coming along and essentially "pooping in my garden" (posting a false claim on ATS), then having me step in it (by watching the video) by coaxing me into looking for some NASA warning that never was, bait and switch. You going to give me my 13min back? Didn't think so. I think what you did here today was malicious. I think what you did wasted my time. I think what you did only helped to spread ignorance to those who don't know better. I applaud you for at the very least changing the title. I however am not apologetic for taking a stand against ignorance.

Was I mad I wasted 13min watching that nonsense? No.
Was I annoyed? Yes.
Was I disgusted in seeing this on ATS? Every time.
Do I still think this video being posted on ATS is an atrocity? Yep.
Do I think it's only fair to warn others before they too invest the time to watch it? Absolutely.

That being said, I don't believe I overreacted at all. The sole point of the video is a blatant lie. Which I made as clear as possible. I also called you out for fear mongering, and intentional or not, it was exactly what you were doing by spreading this video. In retrospect I believe that your intent is not as malicious as I assumed due to the actions you took in changing the title of the thread and the replies you've left. Am I mad at you? Not in the slightest, in fact you've been very fair with your conversation unlike others that seem to wanna get personal, though I still think this thread is wrong.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Wasn't this supposed to happen last year or was it the year before. Nice to see it still lives at least in someones head

I'm no expert on the subject, but wasn't Nibiru supposed to hit/pass Earth in like 2003/2004? Since then the Nibiru crowd has been saying "Yeah it's in the solar system already but it's hidden by gas clouds, but really for sure it's gonna be here any day now!!11"

This video is BS.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Shred because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Be warned saint birgatti or whatever it's called is full of propaganda, I take anything they post on youtube with a grain of salt.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I didn't see anything about Nibiru as I skimmed through it but what the video tells is there is a real life threat coming from the sun at any given moment, it can cause lots of damage, do you ignorethat too? don't be foolish

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuan
Be warned saint birgatti or whatever it's called is full of propaganda, I take anything they post on youtube with a grain of salt.

This would normally be true but physical evidence corroborated by scientists would say otherwise. The theory is as the Earth moves across the galactic plane our magnetic field goes berserk and eventually flips. This results in crazy weather anomalies, possible electrical grid failure, food delivery systems frozen, not to mention higher bombardment from solar radiation. The evidence of the magnetic field changes can be viewed in the following video.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoallThis results in crazy weather anomalies, possible electrical grid failure, food delivery systems frozen, not to mention higher bombardment from solar radiation.
Well seeing's how noone was around to record the last time this type of event occurred (about 780,000 years ago), I don't understand how you can explicitly state what the effects will be.

Typically, magnetic pole reversals [or Geomagnetic reversals] take place over a long period of time (a period of about 1,000 to 10,000 years are the most common) and they occur once about every 450,000 years (on average). As for the effects on the biosphere:

Not long after the first geomagnetic polarity time scales were produced, scientists began exploring the possibility that reversals could be linked to extinctions. Most such proposals rest on the assumption that the Earth's field has much lower intensity during reversals. Possibly the first such hypothesis was that high energy particles trapped in the Van Allen radiation belt could be liberated and bombard the Earth.[35][36] Detailed calculations confirm that, if the Earth's dipole field disappeared entirely (leaving the quadrupole and higher components), most of the atmosphere could be reached by high energy particles. However, the atmosphere would stop them. Instead there would be secondary radiation of 10Be or 36Cl from collisions of cosmic rays with the atmosphere. There is evidence that this occurs both during secular variation[37][38] and during reversals.[39][40]

Another hypothesis by McCormac and Evans assumes that the Earth's field would disappear entirely during reversals.[41] They argue that the atmosphere of Mars may have been eroded away by the solar wind because it had no magnetic field to protect it. They predict that ions would be stripped away from Earth's atmosphere above 100 km. However, the evidence from paleointensity measurements is that the magnetic field does not disappear. Based on paleointensity data for the last 800,000 years,[42] the magnetopause is still estimated to be at about 3 Earth radii during the Brunhes-Matuyama reversal.[35] Even if the magnetic field disappeared, the solar wind may induce a sufficient magnetic field in the Earth's ionosphere to shield the surface from energetic particles.[43]

Hypotheses have also been advanced linking reversals to mass extinctions.[44] Many such arguments were based on an apparent periodicity in the rate of reversals; more careful analyses show that the reversal record is not periodic.[14] It may be, however, that the ends of superchrons have caused vigorous convection leading to widespread volcanism, and that the subsequent airborne ash caused extinctions.[45]

Tests of correlations between extinctions and reversals are difficult for a number of reasons. Larger animals are too scarce in the fossil record for good statistics, so paleontologists have analyzed microfossil extinctions. Even microfossil data can be unreliable if there are hiatuses in the fossil record. It can appear that the extinction occurs at the end of a polarity interval when the rest of that polarity interval was simply eroded away.[19] Statistical analysis shows no evidence for a correlation between reversals and extinctions.[46][35]

Source

-saige-

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join