It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Sandra Fluke Coordinating with the White House?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Sandra Fluke is claiming she is being silenced by -- Rush Limbaugh !!
( although some may think it's the other way around
)

Sandra was on the TV show "The View" and makes some people think she is acting from a script.

A Breitbart article suggests that she is sending out signals that her agenda might include:

supporting Obamacare, destroying religious liberty and silencing the right.
(who would believe it !)

Liberal activist Sandra Fluke made her case to the mostly female audience of the ABC show "The View," where she claimed —apparently without irony— that she is being silenced by Rush Limbaugh. She also gave a significant clue that her "stunned” sense of outrage seems to be a scripted part of a larger narrative trifecta: supporting Obamacare, destroying religious liberty and silencing the right.

Anyone who follows the Institutional Left was probably suspicious when President Obama called Ms. Fluke on the phone in his unofficial role as Community Organizer in Chief. I scoured the history books and can't find another case of a sitting president personally contacting a US citizen because a radio talk show host had said something about them that hurt their feelings. Certainly, President Obama made no such called to Laura Ingraham when MSNBC's Ed Schultz called her a slut. Ms. Fluke described the President as "kind."

However, Ms. Fluke pulled back the curtain midway through her interview on "The View" when she suggested that viewers head over to the website of Media Matters for America. As The Daily Caller recently exposed, there's been a high level of coordination between the White House and Media Matters for America, so of course it's no shock that Ms. Fluke chose MMFA as her leftist propaganda arm of choice.
Breitbart Article - Sandra Fluke

The author seems to believe that Sandra is working closely with the White House !

Perhaps so, since she was "invited" to Capitol Hill by Nancy Pelosi

I bet she gets a cabinet or czar position (if and when) !

This lady is definitely a professional !

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Her complaints are just, and tie in nicely with that ridiculous GOP-proposed Blunt bill that got rejected by the senate.

I couldn't care less about Fluke, but she makes a good point and I'm happy to see the GOP is running against a wall trying to defend their stance

By the way, don't you think you're being a hypocrite by talking about religious freedom while being totally ok with cutting the freedom of women? It's not even you paying for it (contrary to what the GOP muppets and FOX want to make people believe), it's insurance companies covering the cost!! Why? Because in the end it's cheaper for them compared to pregnancies!!!

But I guess it's ok to throw logic right out of the window when it comes to religious bigotry

edit on 7-3-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Sandra was on the TV show "The View" ...

STOP right there. Gawd I hate that show. I'm sure the brainless ninnies on that show just LUV'd her. Who watches that? Who'd admit to it? Anyways ... her buddy-buddy stuff with Pelosi ...
I agree with ya ... Fluke may well indeed by coordinating with someone on the far left who is connected with the White House. Either that or she's totally rogue and the White House likes it
edit on 3/7/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

She's presenting the majority as 99% of women use contraception

Last I checked, that counts for something...and the elected representatives are well advised being on her side...

To those who are against contraception because they're believe it's anti-Christian: Shut up unless you are also never touching/eating pigs, mixing different kinds of clothes, wearing jewellery, or eating shrimp...because according to your belief, that's also an "abomination".

And as I said, it's NOT religious institutions paying for it anyway, it's the INSURANCE COMPANIES paying for it because it saves them money and helping people (not their goal, but a nice side effect).

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Sandra was on the TV show "The View" ...

STOP right there. Gawd I hate that show. I'm sure the brainless ninnies on that show just LUV'd her. Who watches that? Who'd admit to it? Anyways ... her buddy-buddy stuff with Pelosi ...
I agree with ya ... Fluke may well indeed by coordinating with someone on the far left who is connected with the White House. Either that or she's totally rogue and the White House likes it
edit on 3/7/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

I know people who DO watch the View !!

But they all have a TV in their closets !!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Insurance companies charge "premiums".

Everybody pays.

Employees get hacked at the wage level.

The higher the insurance cost for the employers, The less your raise is.

And does anyone know about those prescription mail order companies that insurance companies use ?

They are the ones who would be covering this maybe.

edit on Mar-07-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Sick of hearing about as the world crumbles around us, but this is what the White House wants.
keeps the sheeple away from whats really going on.

The view is for the mindless, as is listening to Fluke ( I thought they made a dog movie named Fluke)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Everybody pays.

Yes, and since contraception is the cheaper option over pregnancies (as insurance companies openly admit...it's the very reason they're ok paying for it) for them, it will ensure premiums are actually cheaper IF contraception is covered. But hey, let's ignore that fact, shall we?

So not only is it helping millions of women, it also ensures premiums are kept lower! Your "it's costing people more" argument is a blatant lie and factually incorrect!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Her complaints are just, and tie in nicely with that ridiculous GOP-proposed Blunt bill that got rejected by the senate.

I couldn't care less about Fluke, but she makes a good point and I'm happy to see the GOP is running against a wall trying to defend their stance

By the way, don't you think you're being a hypocrite by talking about religious freedom while being totally ok with cutting the freedom of women? It's not even you paying for it (contrary to what the GOP muppets and FOX want to make people believe), it's insurance companies covering the cost!! Why? Because in the end it's cheaper for them compared to pregnancies!!!

But I guess it's ok to throw logic right out of the window when it comes to religious bigotry

You mean her stance that a person that can afford $20k per semester for college ($25k for a graduate degree) can't afford $10 a month for condoms? Yeah, great point there.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

It keeps premiums down, that's all that matters. Doesn't matter if she's rich or poor, if overall it keeps premiums lower, contraception should be covered...and it DOES keep 'em lower as insurance companies admit themselves

Plus...it's helping thousands of women who's freedom you obviously don't care about...on top of not caring if premiums go up

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Well I'm sure people would love to see some stats.

Your opinion is good, but many will not believe it.

My insurance has gone up already in one year, more than ever before.

And the bulk of the health bill isn't in effect yet.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I find it suspicious that now 30 sponsors have withdrawn from his show. I've never seen anything like this in my life. We've all heard rumors about Obama silencing people behind the scenes in less than savory ways. Something is going on here. This is not about contraception. This is about Fluke seemingly helping him with his anti Catholic agenda and promoting the idea of the government having the right to force people to install his policies. I'm glad you posted this even though a lot of people seem too brainwashed to be able to see what's really going on here.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I don't know if this is accurate ....

January 5, 2012

SAN DIEGO — A new survey from the California HealthCare Foundation shows a growing number of employers are dropping health coverage for their workers. The survey reveals rising insurance premiums are really taking a toll.

The survey finds over the last decade, premiums for employer-provided health insurance have jumped by 153 percent. The proportion of companies that offer coverage has fallen by more than 13 percent in the last two years alone.

The California Association of Health Plans maintains insurer profits are not to blame for the rise in premiums. But Doug Heller, with the non-profit group Consumer Watchdog, disagrees.

"That money's goin' somewhere, and you and I and everybody knows it's not stickin' in our pockets, it's goin' right to their bank accounts," Heller argued. "Their premiums have gone up five times faster than inflation. It doesn't make sense, and it's gotta stop."

A measure that would have regulated health insurance rates failed in the state legislature this year.
Rising Health Insurance Premiums Causing More Employers To Drop Coverage

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Well I'm sure people would love to see some stats.

Your opinion is good, but many will not believe it.

My insurance has gone up already in one year, more than ever before.

And the bulk of the health bill isn't in effect yet.

Premiums are going up because of rampant inflation. As for it being cheaper, you'd have to be a moron to claim an unwanted pregnancy is cheaper than taking the pill. I take it you don't have children

It's not just about the cost of children healthcare, it's also the follow up cost of an unwanted pregnancy that puts a strain on the public. Guess what, that extra unwanted child will also cost the tax payer for schooling and a ton of other stuff. You can't simply ignore those costs!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie
I find it suspicious that now 30 sponsors have withdrawn from his show. I've never seen anything like this in my life. We've all heard rumors about Obama silencing people behind the scenes in less than savory ways. Something is going on here. This is not about contraception. This is about Fluke seemingly helping him with his anti Catholic agenda and promoting the idea of the government having the right to force people to install his policies. I'm glad you posted this even though a lot of people seem too brainwashed to be able to see what's really going on here.

They're leaving that crook because of public outrage. He's a clown, so why would any company wish to be associated with him?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Probably true !!

But if 99% of women use contraception,

How many pregnancies will be prevented with a new health plan ?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Everybody pays.

Yes, and since contraception is the cheaper option over pregnancies (as insurance companies openly admit...it's the very reason they're ok paying for it) for them, it will ensure premiums are actually cheaper IF contraception is covered. But hey, let's ignore that fact, shall we?

So not only is it helping millions of women, it also ensures premiums are kept lower! Your "it's costing people more" argument is a blatant lie and factually incorrect!

Wow
then why are we even talking about forcing insurance into paying for women's needs.
How about we stop passing laws forcing anyone or anything

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Probably true !!

But if 99% of women use contraception,

How many pregnancies will be prevented with a new health plan ?

99% use it now because it's covered by health insurance...once it isn't (as that ridiculous GOP Blunt bill proposed), less people will be able to afford it. Ergo the amount of unwanted pregnancies will rise, which will cost taxpayers waaaaaay more than the pill

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

reply to post by The Old American

It keeps premiums down, that's all that matters. Doesn't matter if she's rich or poor, if overall it keeps premiums lower, contraception should be covered...and it DOES keep 'em lower as insurance companies admit themselves

Plus...it's helping thousands of women who's freedom you obviously don't care about...on top of not caring if premiums go up

Not sure who's question you were answering, but it wasn't mine.

You said her "complaints were just". Her complaint is that no method of contraception is affordable. She was brought to testify to this in a hearing. So she swore, under oath presumably, that students at Georgetown University, which charges $20,000 per semester just for an undergraduate degree, can't, under any circumstances, work $10 a month into their budget, nor can they be expected to abstain from sex, even though that activity has a risk factor to cause a budget to slide into the $1000 a month category.

They aren't willing to put up $10 of their own money, to prevent a cost of $1000 of ours.

That was the question I asked. Still awaiting your reply on that.

/TOA
edit on 7-3-2012 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
What will happen when the forced insurance starts ...

I hope everybody is ready for taxpayers to "help" people who can't afford the exchange policies rates.

There are too many unemployed that won't qualify for medicaid.

And any increases in medicaid enrollments will be taxpayer funded.

Who's ready to pay ??

I'm not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join