It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KONY 2012 and the Invisible Children

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Here's a Washington Post interview with the photographer who took the photo, which is causing a lot of controversy, of the founders of IC.

The image showed the founders of Invisible Children — Bobby Bailey, Laren Poole, and Jason Russell — posing with guns alongside members of the Sudan People’s Liberation Army (SPLA), who have fought against the LRA.

To get the story behind the photograph, we turned to Glenna Gordon. who captured the moment at the Sudan-Congo border during the 2008 Juba Peace Talks while she was on assignment for the Associated Press. Hear her take on the Kony 2012 campaign after the jump.

Invisible Children founders posing with guns: an interview with the photographer

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
this is just too weird or i am just too paranoid.

first off you shouldn't be telling your cute little kid stories like that. Who does this? Look heres my cute little blonde haired kid and here is the big bad nasty man.

I was horrified one day when picking up my 5yr old (kindergarten) from school. She was very sad and and had been crying. Come to find out, the school district ordered that all students be shown a graphic film about 9/11.... The wife and I were furious. We purposely did not discuss that fateful day with our child. We decided to wait until she was older. Let her be a kid without the burden of knowing the really bad things about the world.
Right and wrong and strangers are bad, yeah heavily enforced into our children, but exposure to evil and bad things on a grand scale? No way. She lost a little piece of the innocence of childhood that day.

5yrs old...

Private school to boot...just following some directive that was given to all districts.

I am barely able to watch videos about bad things without becoming emotional and I am a 40-something Army vet.

I feel for those people as well as for the black Sudanese who have been slaughtered by their Arab countrymen. Anywhere where innocent people are slaughtered and abused because of what they look like, or where their house is built. Yeah the world needs to change.
This Invisible Children effort could be a double-edged sword, but then again, it could be exactly what is needed. I don't know.

If Kony has been idle for a few years, it doesn't mean he should go free. He still needs to be apprehended and face a trial of his peers.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Yes on the face of it it is to be applauded , that is until you do some checking up on the issues surrounding Kony, he has not been a threat for a long time, and asking for money and soldiers to intervene and bomb the hell out of wherever it is they think they will get the best photo and video footage, we need less and less intervention and bombs going off throughout the world, and certainly not hand over money to rich video companies that put it's cameras in the faces of little black kids and demanded tears from them, I mean really'' for christ's sake Children have been murdered in the Middle East' Palestine actually, and we have never heard much from the rich media industry in America, to stop Netanyahu' and his right wing Zionist's, I'm all for using the media to free the childrens future, all the childrens future, and it's to be done at the UN HEADQUARTERS' to make sure America sign's up to the Geneva convention on "Human Right's" and to hand over her own war criminals to the Hague for a"Fair" trial and not allow the American soldiers to bomb the hell out of whoever, and scream at whoever won't do her bidding , and call them all sort's of names, like "War Criminals" etc' etc.
So people if you really want to use your energy wisely and where it will do the most good' it's in your own backyard' and to scream at her (your) own war criminals, and that is in ' the Good old, US of A, where you lock up your innocent's (for they are innocent , till been given a fair trial) and take away all their right's as "Human Being's", for America has lost her moral High Ground" when she went out and bombed the hell out of''' well who was it again ??

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

I dont feel that he should get his child , involved the people he is dealing with will have no issues with hurting his family to get to him

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolpolitealex4
reply to post by seenavv

Yes on the face of it it is to be applauded , that is until you do some checking up on the issues surrounding Kony, he has not been a threat for a long time, and asking for money and soldiers to intervene and bomb the hell out of wherever it is they think they will get the best photo and video footage, we need less and less intervention and bombs going off throughout the world, and certainly not hand over money to rich video companies that put it's cameras in the faces of little black kids and demanded tears from them, I mean really'' for christ's sake Children have been murdered in the Middle East' Palestine actually, and we have never heard much from the rich media industry in America, to stop Netanyahu' and his right wing Zionist's, I'm all for using the media to free the childrens future, all the childrens future, and it's to be done at the UN HEADQUARTERS' to make sure America sign's up to the Geneva convention on "Human Right's" and to hand over her own war criminals to the Hague for a"Fair" trial and not allow the American soldiers to bomb the hell out of whoever, and scream at whoever won't do her bidding , and call them all sort's of names, like "War Criminals" etc' etc.
So people if you really want to use your energy wisely and where it will do the most good' it's in your own backyard' and to scream at her (your) own war criminals, and that is in ' the Good old, US of A, where you lock up your innocent's (for they are innocent , till been given a fair trial) and take away all their right's as "Human Being's", for America has lost her moral High Ground" when she went out and bombed the hell out of''' well who was it again ??

Nobody is asking anyone to bomb the hell out of anywhere. They want the guy captured. No bombs used in capturing.

We're spending how many billions of dollars preparing for a possible war over something that a country might, possibly, maybe could have some day now or in the future. Why not use that Might and Right, capture a multinational criminal organization's leadership, rescue some exploited people, make some damn good friends on the African continent in the process?

I don't promote or condone world policing, but if we're doing it anyway, there are better places than on Persian shores where we're not welcome.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Just to throw this one into the mix... you all do realize that there was a bill passed by congress and signed by Obama stating that the US will pledge assistance to the capture of Kony.. right? If you've watched the video to the point where one of the co-founders of Invisible Children is celebrating the letter from Obama stating he is authorizing 100 "advisors" to be sent to the area, here is the bill that made all that possible:

S.1067 - Lord's Resistance Army Disarmament & Northern Uganda Recovery Act of 2009

Section 9 of this bill sets aside up to $10M dollars a year for 3 years starting in 2011 for this effort:

SEC. 9. SENSE OF CONGRESS ON FUNDING
It is the sense of Congress that--
(1) of the total amounts to be appropriated for fiscal year 2011 for the Department of State and foreign operations, up to $10,000,000 should be used to carry out activities under section 5; andCommentsPermalink
(2) of the total amounts to be appropriated for fiscal year 2011 through 2013 for the Department of State and foreign operations, up to $10,000,000 in each such fiscal year should be used to carry out activities under section 7.

So for those chiding the US Government for not getting involved, this shows they are. Just thought some may find this interesting.

~MMIMO

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Trower

Saddam was evil too, he killed tons of people and tortured tons of people. Osama was evil too he killed people and tortured people. Was it our place to in and take them down...no. Also Satan isn't jealous what so ever of this guy, I know its a turn of phrase but its simply not true. Murder is a sin just like stealing a penny all sins are equal. Maybe when I get on the internet instead of doing homework someone should come and take me down. Technically I am just as evil as that man, so are you. He may kill people and kidnap, but we all sin and to God they're all equal. I will sleep fine, because he's already on the down and out. If you can't sleep well at night then go over there and take care of it, I don't support this one bit.
Just an aside, we invaded Afghanistan to get Osama because he wronged us, that was the story you and I were told to get our support. Who's to say that this issue isn't the same case. Once again I have no problem with you supporting this issue but don't just sit on a computer go over there and stop him if it bothers you so much.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
if this campain is sucessful i would like to see this sort of thing get a roll on. next to be targeted could be india with all the "bride burnings", killing of girls as they are considered worthless then onto the middle east and egypt with the bedouins kidnapping african refugees and using them as organ donors.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

No one is saying it's not happening.

We're just calling BS on why the PTB care now. It's been going on for years while western governments have turned a blind eye. Now that they want a foot hold in Africa to tap natural resources, they use a slick marketing campaign against it to justify the use of military force.

It's classic psyops. And double think, as the meme goes - using military force to protect kids from military force.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Fantastic post Unity!

And now they have the perfect platform in which to launch these
campaigns, Facebook and Twitter. The speed at which information
travels these days ...it took them what 2 days to reach the world with
it? And very cost effective, they can spend the money on high tech
equipment, secret aircraft and spy satellites. Gone are the days
of expensive radio and tv campaigns.

Thanks for the links!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hell NO to KONY 2012!!!

The US Constitution does not authorize this type of foreign intervention. End of Story!

i.imgur.com...
edit on 3/9/2012 by Missing Blue Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I can not believe all the posts that say this is so great that social media can rally us all together to go after this guy!

Are you crazy? You are promoting Mob mentality!!! Lets go after this bad guy next and then this one.....I fell like Alice in wonderland who is dealing with creatures with no reason. We should NEVER "go after" anyone.

Are you not offended he used a video explaining this to a toddler to explain it to you?

We should be a people of calm, judicious reason who very carefully study the issues and work for common ground.

We have a CIA, State Dept and Dept of Defense.

If only Ron Paul would win, he could stop this madness.
edit on 3/9/2012 by Missing Blue Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky

We have a CIA, State Dept and Dept of Defense.

Yes, and thats the thing.

I'd like to share a few things that I posted in another thread here
and here 11 pages into that thread, so likely it got buried.

This LRA is all but proven to be a CIA operation and Kony and his buds,
specifically David Matsanga are operatives.

KONY has been out of sight now for a few years, no one has seen
him since 2010, and Matsanga is moved towards the safe house...
and its time for a Regime change.

Connect the dots...

CIA behind ‘Walk to Work’ protests – Matsanga claims

The United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has been accused of hiding behind the on-going ‘Walk to Work’ protests that have resulted into the beating up of the country’s opposition leader Dr Kizza Besigye and the imprisonment of several leading and minor opposition figures.

In a scathing attack on the American secret agency and the methods used by Uganda’s political opposition, Dr David Matsanga, a former spokesman of Ugandan rebel movement, the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) has written to Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni pleading with him to find a way of reaching out to the opposition and not fall into a trap allegedly being set by the CIA in an attempt to bring down the Ugandan government. He said: “My position on the Uganda scenario is that the current acrimony created by foreign instigators under the guise of “walk to work” is a simple CIA mechanism of regime change in Africa.”
www.thelondoneveningpost.com...

There is a leaked cable that seems to implicate Matsanga is a CIA operative:

But it states it is CLASSIFIED.
Search terms : LRA David Matsanga CIA
US embassy cable - 09KAMPALA1304

ETA Richard Cottrell just did an expose that explains more in detail,
& gives overview of Uganda, Kony and Matsanga, along with Yoweri Museveni and how
have they have been "supping" with the CIA for quite some time.

Richard Cottrell is a former European MP

(LRA) rampaging around Uganda is nothing more than a US and Mossad-backed guerilla force.

Its task is to destabilize wide areas of Africa rich in minerals like Uganda, ex-French and Belgian Congo, and Sudan.

Joseph Kony, the self-appointed leader of the LRA, ex-choir boy, brilliantly flexible break dancer, the new US terrorist poster boy, has been on the CIA’s books for years.

More at EndtheLie.com - EndtheLie.com...

Going back to 2008 the LRA's delegation leader is reported speaking of himself
as an CIA operative. All is not as it seems

Apira famously refused to shake Museveni’s hand, claiming it was blood stained, when the Uganda president made a brief appearance in Juba and shook hands with some members of the Kony team.

The compromises meant the composition of the Kony team kept changing.

"That is why David Matsanga and others came in," she added, referring to the LRA’s current delegation leader to the peace negotiations. "The role of Matsanga needs some investigations. Who funded and facilitate him for the talks?

Sometimes he calls himself a CIA agent; other times an ICC expert; a conflict resolution expert and so forth."
blackstarnews.com...

And facebook and twitter make a great platform in which to launch a Psy Op,
and in todays instant world, it took off like wildfire. Simply amazing!

SAN DIEGO, California - September 28, 2011 – As totalitarian regimes around the world fall through
revolutions fueled by modern social networks like Twitter and Facebook,

www.blacklistednews.com...

The US military currently has one hundred military officers training and overseeing the Ugandan military in anti-LRA operations. Due to the complete absence of LRA activity in Uganda, it becomes feasible that the US may be planning further operations in the resource rich DRC.

Over six million Congolese nationals have been killed in war since 1996, largely with US complicity. The regimes of Paul Kagame in Rwanda and Yoweri Museveni in Uganda have both received millions in military aid from the United States. Since the abhorrent failure of the 1993 US intervention in Somalia, the US has relied on the militaries of Rwanda, Uganda and Ethiopia to carry out US interests in proxy.

Back in October 2011 in the New York Times...

A senior Pentagon official underscored that the American military personnel would not be operating independently nor carrying out unilateral operations.

The official also said the United States had provided about $33 million in support to regional efforts to battle the Lord’s Resistance Army since 2008, an effort that has not been sufficient to guarantee that local security forces dismantle the group.

One effort has trained a light infantry battalion of the Democratic Republic of Congo’s military, with that unit now deployed in the Dungu region of northeastern Congo, where the Lord’s Resistance Army is operating.

www.nytimes.com...

From that article we learn that this goes back to George Bush in 2008.

American efforts to combat the group also took place during the administration of President George W. Bush, which authorized the Pentagon to send a team of 17 counterterrorism advisers to train Ugandan troops and provided millions of dollars worth of aid, including fuel trucks, satellite phones and night-vision goggles, to the Ugandan Army. Those efforts scattered segments of the Lord’s Resistance Army in recent years; its remnants dispersed and regrouped in Uganda’s neighbors

edit on 9-3-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Anyone else notice that in the video at 1:34 it says "the next 27 minutes are an experiment, but in order for it to work you have to pay attention". Obviously millions of people weren't paying attention then. This whole thing's a hoax.
Kony and the LRA left Uganda in 2006, invisiblechildren say so themselves. Only a third of their income goes to their cause. Also google "Africom" this thing is also about sending US troops to Africa with people's consent.

Perhaps an experiment to see how much mind control they have on the general public.

People caring about African children because a video says they should. Mind control at it's best
edit on 9-3-2012 by NewUser because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewUser
Anyone else notice that in the video at 1:34 it says "the next 27 minutes are an experiment, but in order for it to work you have to pay attention". Obviously millions of people were't paying attention then.

Excellent catch. Nice work!

Now I am going to go watch the video for the first time.
I have to hear that.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicConsciousness
There's something completely off about this. I really don't know what to think of this, but something isn't right here. There's something else behind this.

You're right; it's a complete psy-op propaganda piece using the cover of Joseph Kony to get the US and the west more heavily involved in Africa to get the oil up and flowing and the minerals mined. Kony hasn't operated in Uganda since 2006, and the Ugandan dictator (US backed) has done infinitely more damage to the region than Joseph Kony.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The "advisers" sent to Uganda were sent to scout out for oil in the south of Uganda. This has NOTHING to do with Joseph Kony. It's a Trojan horse.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
No one cared about General Butt Naked (yes that was what he was called, his real name is Joshua Milton Blahyi) who would kidnap children and eat them as a sacrifice, sometimes eating the heart of infants. He said he would swim under water up to a child playing, pull them under then break their necks. He always had a human sacrifice in which he would eat before battle. He is responsible for the brutal killing of over 20,000 people in Liberia. What about

Rwanda? 1994. No one wanted to do anything. Until after 800,000 were killed in 4 months. Then finally something was "done"

In many African countries, (if not most) there are warlords guilty of horrendous atrocities. What is different about Uganda? I don't know, maybe the fact that the Chinese have been there for a few years now, making money where we could have been. Getting involved in trade as well as helping with an infrastructure there.

this cartoon explains it pretty well.
why are we going to Uganda?

On top of this, (i know it is just "some girl" but listen to what she says. It might give you some ideas and what to look for.

Anyway, Whenever we get involved in another country, It isn't to help them out. EVER. There is another reason for it.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
if this campain is sucessful i would like to see this sort of thing get a roll on. next to be targeted could be india with all the "bride burnings", killing of girls as they are considered worthless then onto the middle east and egypt with the bedouins kidnapping african refugees and using them as organ donors.

So we are going to solve the worlds problems with 30 minute youtube videos on each crisis in the world, then we can buy a wrist band for each crisis and then everything will be better.

Who shall we target after those you've mentioned? An arm can only accomodate so many wristbands.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I along with fellow students at my high school attended an assembly today held by our local Invisible Children, Inc. chapter. They played the video and then had an Ugandan speak to us for the remaining ten minutes. All I can say is that I find this whole thing very disturbing, especially the part of the video where the narrator emphasizes that "we won't be fighting this for self-defense, we'll be fighting because it's the right thing to do." Am I the only one who pays any attention to my history class and recalls that every single war we've fought out of "moral obligation" has been a total disaster? Even a friend of mine who happens to be one of the few people I know that is against the organization was close to changing his opinion after seeing the video a second time. What I've learned from this is that propaganda is indeed a powerful tool. I'm just glad that I see right through it, but I'm not sure it matters when everyone else can't.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Who sends money to rich radio and tv evangelists? The elder population.
What does it take to get the rest to send money? More bucks? More Buck Rogers.
If your gut says it's off, trust that.
Why would you trust a movie? Made by someone you don't know? With who knows what intentions?
If they're legit, it's not a money problem. Unless you hire privateers to do the job.
Enough questions are being raised even by MSM that something's not right.
Glitch in the Matrix?
Hard to say.
Cui bono? Who benefits?
Certainly not KONY. Is he real? Seems so. But why now? Why us? Why not any number of countries nearby?
And since when did an operation to take out a figurehead require an online telethon to raise money?

Of course it stinks. This isn't Bibles For India or Feed Whoever. This is take out a guy. And we need money.

My gut says GFY to this whole thing. If 5% of the conspiracies on this site have any merit, then you have to question the whole charade. I'll say it again. You aren't supposed to see that it's a con. That is why you are the mark. That is what makes the con so great.

There's some pretty damning evidence of full out shenanigans going on. And depending what you want to believe, it ranges from CNN & Fox blatant edits to staged "news" and terror events including actors. Mainstream scheise that the majority believe to be true. It only confirms how the mind computer works. Inputs > Electricity > Feeling/Emotion/Judgment > Desired Response > Send $, War, Behave, Riot, Hate, Care.

They have you by wires my friends. It's blatant. In your face. And you'll defend it to the grave.

Because it is attached to beliefs and emotions. The two creative forces that humans are supposed to use in tandem to flesh out anything. Egoless-ness. But it's not the case. They train you from day one to submit and attach ego to everything. It takes a lifetime to breakout and truly understand the level of hypnosis taking place.

Take your money, and help your neighbor. Find a kid in town that needs a leg up or some financial assistance. Make a difference and model Christ, Buddha, or the spaghetti monster to someone in need. Turn off the matrix and plug into a reality of your making. Not some multi-layered program uploaded to you by everyone but you.

Facebook and TV (and probably most time-suck sites
) should get your own version of the kill switch. Shut the m-effers off for only two months. No paper, no tv, only itunes you select (no radio, no mpr). Consciously select your inputs to your computer for two months and see how many trojans you have in your body machine. How many virus are you harboring? How many backdoors?

Who is running you?

If you have an M-16 slung on your shoulder, I'm guessing Uncle Sam owns your software.
If you're getting ulcers from a job you hate so you can keep the house and maybe get a kid to college, you're being run by a program. It's ok if it's your program. Break a leg. Otherwise, why let your mind computer get hijacked 24/7 by others programming?

There aren't just computer hackers. There are professional mind hackers.

Beware the inputs to your system that cause you to act. Act with intention and purpose and awareness. Know that there is a real matrix that has gotten past humanity's firewall-less hardware architecture. The emotions and beliefs currently control the firewall -- and those are merely others programs and bots. Format the drive and start over. No matter your age. "Why did my body get full of rage just now?" "Why do I feel emotional from this show?" "Hmm, the mind is bored and wants to eat to pacify boredom..." Put a pause between stimulus and reaction and you will find the present moment. You will see how serious the deception is. Get to the present. Out of the drama. Start to see the matrix. Understand your architecture, use more of the controls, ditch the matrix, see reality for the first time since childhood.

Namaste.

edit on 9-3-2012 by elmoastro because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join