It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KONY 2012 and the Invisible Children

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmall89
Although I agree that this man should be brought to justice I find it very ironic that it's the liberals shouting for involvement. Although this guy should be taken out, it would no doubt cause lots of international problems and be another seemingly endless war. Look, Saddam was no peach either. He gassed his own people people. Yet that war was condemned especially after we caught Saddam. So if the US goes into Uganda takes out Kony and ends up staying there years after because of terrorism and what not, will the liberals condemn the very war they helped started?

It hurts me to see this going on but the US can't take out all these bad guys, and there are plenty. What about the Los Zetas in Mexico? Other rebels in other African countries doing the same thing? Sierra Leone had the same problem. America can assist other countries but we can't fight their wars for them, like we pretty much did in Vietnam.

I'm in agreement with this. As a diehard liberal I came to a point where I had to stop and think of the BIG PICTURE. We weren't put here to police the world, our best and brightest keep dieing for other country's interests, and all of this bankrupts us further while our own are suffering (wheres the outrage for that?).

America became what it is based upon an act of upheaval unrivaled the world over. The blueprint for such a revolution is there for ANYONE to utilize, yet nobody does. It's always us fighting and donating to everyone. I don't want to see anyone suffer, especially kids, but sometimes it begins to come across as a panhandling scam. Does this ever end? The world took our kindness and turned it against us. They play us like suckers sometimes.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This should be called KRONY 2012

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

I question why is Gaddafi on the hit list. But not to be off topic, Gaddafi was a man that did some good.

Now Kony, from what the producer said, I would personally take up arms and hunt him down and make him pay for what he has done to the young.

But it's not my place to take up arms when everything else begins to fall apart.

Kony's crimes are his sins, he's not willing to repent, and not willing to let up. Let those who he has murdered haunt his life and soul forever.

I was surprised by Obama's action to send troops, I believe he did that to quiet down the crowd and stop the "annoyance" how selfish of him.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Has anyone actually got evidence to back up what this kony 2012 movie is saying?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
this thing has gone absolutely viral here in australia. its been on the news, radio, paper and its all everyone is talking about in the media over here.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
HELLO Obama , where are you with your predator drone assassinations now eh ! , why noit just blast this guy with a predator drone problem solved no more sex slave , warrior kids !

Oh wait yeh since he isnt a direct threat to the US we will just leave him alone to molest kids

sickening that we can kill someone for suspected crimes , but when we have evidence of child molestation , torture and human trafficing , nothing is done about it !

Obama really shouldnt drone kill anyone , but you get my point !

edit on 8-3-2012 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Wait wait wait. So if Kony has an army of children, and invisible children is advocating military intervention, won't they have to kill the children they are trying to save?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MrRamblinRose

The aim isn't to kill him, as yes, it puts the children at risk. The plan is to capture him and take him to trial, while retrieving the children and rehabilitating them.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

And how do you do that without cutting through a considerable amount of them? Brainwashed little bodyguards, drugged up to the eyeballs. Sure collateral damage, and the catalyst used to spark up anger and bile to flame another wave of war.
edit on Thu, 08 Mar 2012 03:46:48 -0600 by TKDRL because: jeez can't type this morning

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
reply to post by MrRamblinRose

The aim isn't to kill him, as yes, it puts the children at risk. The plan is to capture him and take him to trial, while retrieving the children and rehabilitating them.

So let the Africans do it. Why is it that every time that continent has a problem, we in the civilised, modern West are expected to pick up the peices? We give billions and billions of pounds in aid money, whilst our own people freeze and starve. I want our money to be spent on us and us only. Screw the rest of the world.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Justwork because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Give me a break, this # have been going on for over 20 years and people suddenly start talking about it because they saw a video about it on Youtube. As if that wasn't enough, these sheep's are now spamming the # out of Youtube and Facebook.

Within 1 week the world will have forgotten this man and his tyranny.

Wanna know why? In truth, most 1st world citizens simply don't give a # about worldly matters. They only do it so they can look like they're sympathetic on their facebook status, nothing more than an egotistical stage performance. The reality is, they're urging everyone to stop this horrific event taking place in Africa.... yet they're using the very technology that requires minerals from Africa that encourages men like Koby to rule his reign of control.

It's a level of hypocrisy unlike anything i've ever seen before. Africa is a continent that should of been left alone, having foreign cultures influence their behavior have only made things worse. I really don't think Africa was this #ed up 1,000 years ago. Something happened when foreigners stepped on their land.

Kony and the LRA have been ERADICATED and have been INACTIVE in Uganda since 2006; there is now a peace process in place.
Of the money that gets donated to Invisible Children, only 31% goes on their charity work. The rest goes to film making.
But this 31% of your money, that you either directly give to them or help them raise through sharing their video, goes toward causes like funding Uganda’s military and the Sudan People’s Liberation Army (both of which have done despicable things, such as using rape and torture as a weapon of war, and pilaging homes and businesses).

The organization behind Kony 2012 — Invisible Children Inc. — is an extremely shady nonprofit that has been called ”misleading,” “naive,” and “dangerous” by a Yale political science professor, and has been accused by Foreign Affairs of “manipulating facts for strategic purposes.” They have also been criticized by the Better Business Bureau for refusing to provide information necessary to determine if IC meets the Bureau’s standards. Invisible Children, a nonprofit organisation, has also been criticised for channeling a majority of its raised funds - some 70 per cent or more according to some accounts - to salaries, travel expenses and filmmaking.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
this is a experiment to see how easy the masses can be contorled through emotion,and it worked,kony has been inactive since 2006 still an evil man but this is an experiment it even tells you at the start.
edit on 8-3-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
this is just too weird or i am just too paranoid.

first off you shouldn't be telling your cute little kid stories like that. Who does this? Look heres my cute little blonde haired kid and here is the big bad nasty man.

this guy seems to be an american. he wants to help kids in other countries.

why the F does he not stop the US drone war is believed to be responsible for the deaths of 178 kids.

anyway , this wants you to go and sign a pledge here kony2012.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com...

what are you signing.. this has gripped the world in a matter of days. what are you really signing? is something hidden here.

if you look at the the pledge page there seems to be something written across the background picture , its impossible to see! what is it? what is being hidden? we have one of the slickest youtube videos ever , yet the background picture on the pledge page has some 'invisible writing' , what are you signing?

i don't like the fact that they are trying to rename planet facebook instead of earth in the video.
i really don't like the clip where all the kids are marching with a one hand salute shouting we will fight war.

and the bad guys army is called 'the lords resistance army' ?? what the hell?

what is this really about.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
reply to post by Bonkrh

I question why is Gaddafi on the hit list. But not to be off topic, Gaddafi was a man that did some good.

Now Kony, from what the producer said, I would personally take up arms and hunt him down and make him pay for what he has done to the young.

But it's not my place to take up arms when everything else begins to fall apart.

Kony's crimes are his sins, he's not willing to repent, and not willing to let up. Let those who he has murdered haunt his life and soul forever.

I was surprised by Obama's action to send troops, I believe he did that to quiet down the crowd and stop the "annoyance" how selfish of him.

He was on the list because they didn't really think you'd pay attention to it.
He wasn't a bad person. That's just one of the many subliminal messages in the video.

In memory of Gaddafi.
Gaddafi wasn't bad...

A little off-topic but do you ever notice how all the names
of people that are bad, their names can be changed easily
(rhymed) to fit the propaganda more?

Obama 2012 - Osama 2012
Kony 2012 - Phony 2012

People just follow the crowd. They don't think for themselves,
its much easier to allow the news & public to think for you.
It'll be a sad & controlled life 50 years from now.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Exactly!!!

The information is right in our faces and yet the masses fall for it. Its ridiculous.
Its like tricking a 8 year old. You can do it even if the truth & lies are laid out
before you.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
My observations

this was an extraordinarily well made film

As someone that reads alot of news and non MSM I can say I have not heard of this man before -- I have heard of the children in central Africa being abducted and turned into killers

So I ask myself why if Kony has been #1 on the World court list since 2005 haven't I heard of him

This man is certainly worthy of being put on trial for his crimes.

The MSM has no interest in bringing him to justice --- therefore to the Congresscritters it was unimportant to stop these crimes until they are shamed into it.

I suspect the Invisible Children 'movement' will be a blueprint for things to come

I say BRING IT

Well done.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This might have some truth in it....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

[COLOR=GOLD]
1 sees this type of evol still slowing the genetic progression of EA*RTH. Joseph Kony and other WARLORD ELITES of EA*RTH located elsewhere need to FACE the REFLECTIONS from the MIRRORS designed from their EVOL deeds. This type of EVOL projected upon others is unfair and very LOW VIBRATING to the collective they ALL need to be collected into 1 location for discussions of their deeds to verify their intents. A man who can sit in safety and be responsible for so much negativity shows signs that this EA*RTH governing systems need upgraded or better evaluated. 1 hopes the actions needed are not held back because these areas of EA*RTH are not financially strong or don't possess minerals deposits to make finances. If that's the case as many others have stated then YES THINGS NEED TO CHANGE AND CHANGE FAST. These types of individuals should not be able to cause so much harm on others and feel free to exist on EA*RTH. I pray for those harmed by this evol creation KONY and his KINDS (GLOBALLY) and that in the near future those responsible for the lowering of EA*RTH vibrations are held responsible for their evol deeds. Its sad the civilian population has to go thru so much strain just to help. Its not like a gov. force cannot come up with the funds to get at these kinds who lower the collective in regions of EA*RTH. For his deeds in the 3rd dimension KONY soul WILL be asked of his deeds and 1 is sure the GODS WILL make the best of his energies during his time of JUDGMENT.

I respect and appreciate all those who have influence on these types of agenda to rid EA*RTH of these negative influences. And have hope for the species that in time no longer will there be BLIND spots or areas where these SICKS can grow to power.

Thanks Bonkrh for the update on this creation KONY, the message with the OP was beautiful as well as powerful ALL ARE 1 SO ALL SHOULD SUPPORT EACH OTHER AS 1 OR FAMILY to EVOLVE passed this type of IGNORANCE. 1 cannot wait till Uganda/ and ALL 3rd WORLD type locations are free of the LEFT BEHIND FEELINGS and are welcome to the world as = family members and not as non significants.

(IS 1 SAYING TO TAKE UGANDA AND OTHER NATIONS TO WAR EXHAUSTING THE GLOBAL GOVS. FINANCES NO) BUT..... It doesnt take a whole military to find this creation just joint operations from global govs. on his energy outputs and the issue is FIXED and EXAMPLE MADE to other WARLORD ELITES who think its ok to behave as this KONY does..

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

[/COLOR]
edit on 3/8/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcrockett

My observations

this was an extraordinarily well made film

So I ask myself why if Kony has been #1 on the World court list since 2005 haven't I heard of him

I agree, such a crisp HD quality and a precise mix of African child soldiers together with rich American suburb teens that it made me sick to my stomach. Oh well

The other thing is the list which is publicly available at ICC website ever since the tribunal was founded LIST and it is not numbered as you can see, there is no villain numero uno in the eyes of the law. The piece of paper you've seen in the video is just a piece of paper, an illusion (extraordinarily well made)
edit on 8-3-2012 by Exitt because: .

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have never encountered a thread at ATS before where so many of the same arguments are being stated over and over and over again. From page one, this thread is filled with:
"Only 31 percent of their donations!!!!!!"
"Its a cover up for an invasion!!!!!!"
"Its just a facebook fad!!!!!"
"Nobody cared about this guy before the video came out!!!!"
There is a layer of truth in all of these, but when you research further they are fabricated and irrelevant. Look, even those against the IC and KONY movement agree that Joseph Kony needs to be stoped. If you don't you have some serious problems.
My opinion is, if you know a better way to go about stopping him, by all means, go for it. But don't sit here and criticize. IC has achieved alot. I will say again, NO ORGANIZATION IS PERFECT. They only do the best they can.
Seriously, think for yourselves. I don't agree with everything they do, and I have looked into the distension. But I am not going to disregard the entire movement that has done a great amount of benevolence because they made some mistakes. Organizations are made up of people, people make mistakes. Welcome to life.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join