It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KONY 2012 and the Invisible Children

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Link to Invisible Childrens financials if anyone is interested.

I just went through the last three available years.

The salaries on the 990 Forms are not out of line and range only up to $90,000. Since that one case is a round number, that may be the limit now. I've not been involved in a charitable organization to know in almost twenty years.

On the Financial Statements the costs of making the documentary are rather excessive though. In fact insanely excessive considering how they were made.

Either way the head honcho's are not starving and they are enjoying lots of perks. Travel, accommodations and whatever else.

If you add up all the years, I think this is more about money than Kony. But then I'm the suspicious sort. I imagine it was freinds getting the large numbers shown in the expenses for the film making. Hard to tell with these things. You can draw a salary as an Officer and then be paid for other work as well and that would not show up on the financials anyway.

I'd say this depends on how you view it?

My response is why have the African Nations not banded together and dealt with this themselves? They must not care enough to do that. Granted it's a terrible thing and if we went in and took him out, I'd applaud it. But, which is it folks; are we the worlds police or not?

Interesting them showing the letter and signature from Obama and even more interesting it comes out now rather than when it happened.

If the 100 Advisers there can't deal with this, what is it they want? If the people in the countries involved don't deal with it themselves, why is it others responsibility? Advisers means they are supposed to be training people to do the dirty themselves.

We are apparently talking a Guerrilla Army here spread across multiple countries. Now where have we seen that before?

It's reminiscent of Mao and how he operated and is he not now the Hero of the Progressive movement? You can't laud one insane maniac and condemn another.

All in all though to be fair this seems to not be political other than their choice of celebrities who will drive away people who don't like them.

That's a lot of years and a lot of money. I'd like to know if this is the only income source for the paid people in Invisible Children? If it is, their income ends when Kony is caught.
edit on 3/7/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/7/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Could it be that someone wants a reason to invade africa, and are using this guy as an excuse? Nah, they would never do that would they?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
i.imgur.com...

lol, wow that was pretty good....you think that kony vid is a scam to get us into another war? i'll check out the vid

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I may be young but I smell a rat.

During lunchtime today my friend told us about Kony and his agenda and he was very passionate about it- even going as far to say that he would go to hell to bring Kony down. I've been lurking on this site long enough to know that there is always something going on behind the scenes in stories like these, especially if the story spreads like wildfire.Yes, I do believe that it plays on the emotions and yes I do believe that the majority of the people my age do not know how to separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. Nevertheless there are some of us who do see and try to educate others on the reality of things.

There is definitely more than meets the eye with this Kony fiasco and I don't buy it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The Young Turks discuss the financing at about 5:30...

Most of the donations went to their costs.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Probably made up. Not our business. If private citizens want to form a private army and go over there, great. Otherwise, it is definitely not an issue for the U.S. Military.
Let Africa handle it. it's their business. Their dog. Their fight.

The whole thing smacks of propaganda to me. I bet Kony doesn't even exist and if he does, he is likely CIA funded anyway.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
For those of you who 'smell a rat' or have a grievance with methods etc used by the Invisible Children, hopefully this clears some of your issues.
Invisible Children Criticism Response

This is the last I'm going to post on this thread, as I find it absolutely sickening that three people tried to make something right in a bad place in the world, and all you people can do is bitch and moan about psy ops and how it's all a cover and a scam.

As a certain video game character is fond of saying, "If something smells, it's usually the Butz." And many of you are acting like asses over this...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
There are some seriously ignorant people in this thread. There must be some seriously ignorant people on this website.

I personally know someone from Uganda who was taken from his family at age 7 and forced into killing people, doing drugs, and committing rape.

You guys need to seriously do your research. I am reading some really ignorant crap on this website today.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Here is a video. I know this person in real life, i spent 2 years of my life boxing with him at our gym in Florida around 2004 and 2005.

I have to admit it. I am furious at some of the post i read in this thread and at some of the threads being authored today on ATS.
edit on 7-3-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I enjoyed the response page, particularly this quote
"But, credibility in the eyes of policymakers, fellow non-profit workers, LRA-affected communities, and YOU is our most important asset, so we would like to encourage you, if you have critiques, to get specific: find facts, dig deeper, and we’ll gladly continue the conversation from there. If encountering something you disagree with, suggest an alternative to what we are doing- and we will absolutely take heed. If it’s a matter of opinion, taste, humor, or style: we apologize, and will have to agree to disagree."

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicConsciousness
There's something completely off about this. I really don't know what to think of this, but something isn't right here. There's something else behind this.

How do we know that TPTB don't want to go into Uganda for other reasons, and are using this "Kony 2012" movement to finance another war?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

See my above post please.

Currently denying ignorance. That includes your post.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Kony deserves a .45 round to the head and a shallow grave.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

not many people saying this guy isnt a monster and this isnt happening
we just see the possibility that certain people would have no problem preying on the misfortune of others and wouldnt think twice about using these really messed up circumstances to their advantage as seems to be the case

something should be done for sure..... but does that something really have to end with long term US military presence in Uganda? (i cant see that turning out well for ugandans in the long run can you?)

theres more than one way to skin a kony you know.

p.s. you might want to be a little more careful before calling others ignorant.
edit on 7-3-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Although I agree that this man should be brought to justice I find it very ironic that it's the liberals shouting for involvement. Although this guy should be taken out, it would no doubt cause lots of international problems and be another seemingly endless war. Look, Saddam was no peach either. He gassed his own people people. Yet that war was condemned especially after we caught Saddam. So if the US goes into Uganda takes out Kony and ends up staying there years after because of terrorism and what not, will the liberals condemn the very war they helped started?

It hurts me to see this going on but the US can't take out all these bad guys, and there are plenty. What about the Los Zetas in Mexico? Other rebels in other African countries doing the same thing? Sierra Leone had the same problem. America can assist other countries but we can't fight their wars for them, like we pretty much did in Vietnam.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
For those of you who 'smell a rat' or have a grievance with methods etc used by the Invisible Children, hopefully this clears some of your issues.
Invisible Children Criticism Response

This is the last I'm going to post on this thread, as I find it absolutely sickening that three people tried to make something right in a bad place in the world, and all you people can do is bitch and moan about psy ops and how it's all a cover and a scam.

As a certain video game character is fond of saying, "If something smells, it's usually the Butz." And many of you are acting like asses over this...

Thank you for posting this.

Personally I think lots of people are looking for excuses to point fingers. Everything I've read and seen so far suggests to be the people of Invisible Children have nothing but good intentions, even if they unfortunately may not be going about this the absolute best way and may be taken advantage by others.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

p.s. you might want to be a little more careful before calling others ignorant.

When i call people ignorant its because i believe it.

100 people is not a long term military presence. People have spent their entire lives trying to bring attention to Africa and imo Africa deserves our presence. I am more willing to spend my tax dollars helping the African community then i am spending my tax dollars in Iraq and Iran any day of the week.
edit on 7-3-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

You are more than welcome to go to africa and help if you want. Many people have, and I am sure many people will in the future.

Say the US goes and gets this guy, you think it will magically solve all their problems? We have tried that before, is there a single victory to boast of? Vietnam failed. Korea, failed. Iraq and afganastan are on their way to failure. Why would Africa be any different?

We cannot solve the world's problems, especially when we have our own that have not been dealt with. We have human trafficing, sex slavery, all kinds of messed up things happening in our own borders.

Why is it that no one wants to take a look at the problems we have here and solve it? Too scary to think that these kind of attrocities are happening here? It helps to take your focus off of yourself and find some other puppy worth saving? I don't get it.
edit on Thu, 08 Mar 2012 00:04:50 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I hate to sound ignorant...but I am!

My wife was just checking her facebook and saw this Kony thing and asked me about it...and I have no idea.

Can someone give me a real quick...(would be much appreciated)....run down of what this is?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

there are 100 there right now you mean
and to deny any possibility especially when faced with so little information is incredibly ignorant
i know your personal experiences make this emotional for you but please take time and consider
do you want this to end up like iraq with kony as our new saddam hussein?

please calm down and approach this from a more rational angle
nobody is disagreeing with you that this man needs to be stopped its HOW that is at issue here

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join