It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KONY 2012 and the Invisible Children

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I just watched the video for the first time or at least most of it. Did anybody else notice when that one guy said “there are people involved from Canada and Mexico, and every other state I can think of”? I thought I misheard him and had to rewind it. Really? I refuse to believe that he doesn't know Canada and Mexico are not states.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
"We've identified 12 policy makers that could change the game regarding Kony"

And I see war criminal George W. Bush on there?

Just..... LOL.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicConsciousness

I have read a lot of people comments on this video and a lot a people seem to say this joseph kony isn't even around any more nobody knows where he is and don't even think he's still active..

strange..

SMR

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

'Kony 2012' Honcho Jason Russell Detained for Allegedly Masturbating in Public

The mastermind behind the now-famous "Kony 2012" video was detained by police in San Diego yesterday for allegedly being drunk in public and masturbating. Jason Russell was taken into custody by San Diego cops. In addition to allegedly masturbating, cops say he vandalized cars. Cops told NBC7 in SD they received several calls around 11:30 AM ... reporting a man in "various stages of undress." Sources tell us ... Russell was dancing around the Intersection of Ingraham and Riviera wearing "speedo-like underwear" ... and eventually removed the underwear and began to make sexual gestures. We're told ... it appeared Russell was under the influence of some kind of substance. Cops told NBC, "Officers detained [Russell] and transferred him to a local medical facility for further evaluation and treatment." Russell is the father of two, and says he wants to have 9 more kids.

SOURCE

==============================================================
==============================================================

UPDATE - 1:45PM PST

1:45 PM PST: The CEO of Invisible Children, Ben Keesey, tells TMZ ..."Jason Russell was unfortunately hospitalized yesterday suffering from exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition." The statement continues, "He is now receiving medical care and is focused on getting better. The past two weeks have taken a severe emotional toll on all of us, Jason especially, and that toll manifested itself in an unfortunate incident yesterday." "Jason’s passion and his work have done so much to help so many, and we are devastated to see him dealing with this personal health issue. We will always love and support Jason, and we ask that you give his entire family privacy during this difficult time.”

Witnesses told the San Diego Police Department they saw 33-year-old Jason Russell walking back and forth in his underwear and talking to himself near Ingraham Street and Riviera Road shortly before 11:30 a.m. Thursday. A witness told police a man believed to be Russell's father-in-law approached him, but Russell became agitated, removed his underwear and then proceeded to masturbate. He then began walking into traffic, the witness said. Several bystanders held Russell down until police arrived, 10News learned. 10News' Michael Chen reported police did not arrest Russell but took him into custody for medical reasons.

SOURCE

With all eyes on this guy and his organization, not really the publicity you want.

===========================================================
===========================================================

2:08 PM PST: Law enforcement sources tell us ... Russell is being hospitalized on a 5150 psychiatric hold so authorities can assess his mental state. The 5150 hold allows authorities to keep Russell for up to 3 days to determine if he represents a threat to either himself or others.

2:15 PM PST: Law enforcement sources tell us ... there are NO plans to charge Russell with a crime for yesterday's incident.

WHAT!?
Maybe this really is what others here have been saying about this "organization"

Video now online

Link to video on TMZ
edit on 3/16/2012 by SMR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

WTF! CIA programming gone haywire or what? Unreal, that is really bizare.

SMR

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Artisan Says Invisible Children Took Her Idea

One day in late November, Corine Grant says, a group from the charity Invisible Children stopped by her kiosk at Horton Plaza.

Grant said one of them was drawn to her signature bracelets, and they asked if she wanted to partner with the nonprofit.

Nothing came of the encounter; Grant was busy and never followed through. A week before Christmas, an email landed from Chadwick Gantes, an Invisible Children graphic designer. He wanted one of Grant’s bracelets.

“Just a silver medallion w/ something lovey dovey on it that I would be able to give to my wife,” Gantes wrote to Grant.

Gantes bought a bracelet at the mall later that day and Grant thought nothing more about it.

Until last week.

That’s when a documentary from Invisible Children called “Kony 2012” about a warlord in Africa exploded across social media and Grant began hearing from from friends who thought they recognized her bracelet in the film.

Stamped metal bracelets are not uncommon in hobby jewelry circles. But the “Kony 2012” bracelets being sold by Invisible Children for $10 are strikingly similar to Grant’s, even in the packaging. They are so popular the charity has them on back order.

Grant believes the San Diego-based charity, which raises awareness of strife in Africa, stole her idea.

“I spent five years and lots and lots of money trying to build a brand around these bracelets and develop them,” said Grant, who calls her company Hammered. “To see them in the film like that and on their website, that hurts.”

SOURCE / Rest of story

Not a good week for this organization ...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Here's the crazy video showing the director beating fists on concrete in public, butt naked:

I don't think this is any MKULTRA, or the result of hard drug use...I think the dude just cracked.

He's probably been on the web, watching everyone talk smack about him, and hearing it from people around him. He's been doing a lot of interviews lately as well.

If you shaped your life around a naive cause that you truly believed in, and figured out your approach and inspiration was misdirected, and could cause more suffering than good....you probably would too.

This is just a man going primal. We're all beasts deep down.
edit on 17-3-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicConsciousness
There's something completely off about this. I really don't know what to think of this, but something isn't right here. There's something else behind this.

you are definetly right , i cannot wrap my finger around this one, it feels as if there is an underlying message of some sort, that i just cant decipher.
as for the facts: invisible children raises awareness. simply said , apart from telling people, help is far fetched, i can only look sceptical at this kony stuff.
because why uganda?, sudan's border conflict(oil) darfur(religion) and a military junta(birma), also al assad's following the trail where hafez al assad left of(bombing cities.etc)
if you see all this stuff, why should i be surprised when a dude in uganda does it.
of course its bad, but why now, why so late?
invisible children missed the plane,boat, or whatever. and they arrived about 20 years to late.
and still they get cuddled like america's new care bear.
i will not post kony junk.
except this one.

kony. putting the infant back in infantry!

i know its awful

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
"We've identified 12 policy makers that could change the game regarding Kony"

And I see war criminal George W. Bush on there?

Just..... LOL.

I know and people on YouTube actually believed all this?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

it's awful isn't it, that video went viral like no other.
even the schools inmy country have started raising funds for the capture of kony by funding the ugandan government,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that is, considering facts, really dumb.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join