It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh yeah!, X-5 flare just happened.. May be earth directed, Bring it Sun!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Does anyone else find it interesting that the eruption took place almost exactly at 00:00 UTC or is it just me?
Coincidence or is there a scientific explanation to that?

Oh and by the way the chance for an upcoming M-Class (one class beneath X-Class) flare just went up by 50% in the last couple of hours if that means anything. Thought it might be worth throwing out there.

Don't mean to fearmonger.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeillieN
WARNING - Time code skips from 2012/03/06 22:24 to 2012/03/07 07:00 The blast peaked on March 7th at 00:28 This part is MISSING!!!

THIS IS HUGE PEOPLE MISSING OR ALTERED DATA WITHIN HOURS OF THE BLAST. On guard!

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Please elaborate on what you feel that might mean.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Mattodlum

S&F for the title alone...

I said earlier that I wanted to bitch slap the sun for trying to cripple our way of life, I can definitely get behind talking sh*t to it to now....haha

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

anyone else find it interesting that the eruption took place almost exactly at 00:00 UTC or is it just me? Coincidence or is there a scientific explanation to that?
To be in trends..(joking)

1429...14...2+9=11

Today is 7(that 7)

and 11 march is approaching very fast.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anim8tr
Does anyone else find it interesting that the eruption took place almost exactly at 00:00 UTC or is it just me?
Coincidence or is there a scientific explanation to that?

Oh and by the way the chance for an upcoming M-Class (one class beneath X-Class) flare just went up by 50% in the last couple of hours if that means anything. Thought it might be worth throwing out there.

Don't mean to fearmonger.

Meh...that's not fearmongering...that's just...well quoting scientific forecasting...and an "M" class is nothing to get excited about anyway...

btw...

According to the NOAA forecast, there is an 80% chance of am "M" class and a 30% chance of an "X" class in the next 48 hours.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

anyone else find it interesting that the eruption took place almost exactly at 00:00 UTC or is it just me? Coincidence or is there a scientific explanation to that?
To be in trends..(joking)

1429...14...2+9=11

Today is 7(that 7)

Tomorrow is March 8 and 8+3 =11

and 11 march is approaching very fast.

edit on 7-3-2012 by diamondsmith because: add

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Bring it on

Being fried alive is not my idea of having a peaceful death.

Personally I don't like pain.

Hope this burp or fart misses us.

Picture above is called Maori Sun by Endymion85
edit on 7-3-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The sun honestly doesn't care what time it is on earth.

So I suppose we'll have to call the timing of this rather mundane if a bit stronger than usual flare a coincidence. But as pointed out, there have been more than 30 flares much greater than this one.. don't see the fuss honestly.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Do we got all the fire trucks ready and on high alert?

I mean it is coming from the sun after all.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So...did anybody else notice the speedometer and dynamic pressure gauges have "quit working". The CMEs are not supposed to hit before tomorrow midday (EST), but for whatever reason, NOAA Prediction Center is down due to "upgrades" and the only gauge working for the magnetosphere right now is the Bz index.

This is strange indeed, at the speed in which this X-flare occurred makes me wonder if there isn't something we're not being told. Cover the electronics ladies and gentlemen, this may be a doozy.

SOLARHAM

*EDIT*

BTW, this is my first post here at ATS, have been an avid observer for some time now, but since GLP went to # and pretty much banned all IPs, this will be my new home. Nice to meet you all finally.
edit on 7-3-2012 by s0l4rn1ghtm4r3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

RADIATION STORM ALERT: A Strong S3 Radiation Storm (10MeV Integral Flux > 1000pfu) is now in progress. This is the result if high energy protons incoming from a large solar flare.

GEOMAGNETIC STORM ALERT: A moderate Geomagnetic Storm (KP=6) is again in progress due to an incoming CME shock. Be on the lookout for Aurora at high latitudes. Stay tuned to SolarHam.com for the latest information.
source(solarham.com...

Incoming Incoming! The new WSA-Enlil Solar Wind Prediction is calling for an almost direct CME impact during the middle of tomorrow (March 8).

The solar wind is expected to increase to over 800 km/s and Strong Geomagnetic Storming will be possible. This plasma cloud is the result of the X5.4 and X1.3 Solar Flare event very early this morning.

in the new movie below, you can see that the plasma cloud is Full_Halo and heading this way. Click HERE to watch the latest model run.
source(solarham.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by s0l4rn1ghtm4r3

The data from the ACE satellite (the source for the "gauges") is available here:
www.swpc.noaa.gov...
A graphical depiction is available here:
www2.nict.go.jp...

The CME associated with the X flare will not arrive for a day or so.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks a lot, I guess I didn't think of the initial source. Must be Solarham having an issue then?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Yah, moderate burp... may cause some stuff...
Link below to table and interactive to call up various warning announcements. According to the whole graph the sun woke up with a bang this morning. I was watching TV last night when I noticed some channels getting scrabbled (from earlier flare). People were asking about aurora's?

flare data timeline

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's not even going to hit the Earth....

iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov...

....Doom Canceled....again..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I was a brainwashed child. It had nothing to do with heart. I didn't really have much of a choice as the logic and emotional regions of a child's brain is not developed which made me susceptible to idiocy. It's the same reason why kids can openly believe in Santa or the Tooth Fairy and not look mentally retarded.

I use logic now, I need proof, not an ancient book written by primitive humans. Your religion also varies by where you were born and when you were born. This makes it highly unreliable that there is one true God seeing as there have been thousands in the past. And if there is a true God, chances are you picked the wrong one since you would have a 1 in 1000000 chance of getting it right.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl
It's not even going to hit the Earth....

iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov...

....Doom Canceled....again..

The latest data from the X5.4 flare isnt yet added to the model

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by s0l4rn1ghtm4r3

OH, this is really the SUN'S doing rather than ANONYMOUS and the FBI killing the internet and all the hoopla. They knew it was the Sun that would be taking out the internet instead, why the gauges aren't working and that black whatever that cut the sun in half.

Just another diversion from the real truth.

edit on 7-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This particular warning has ended but was interesting...

flare data timeline

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
We have lost communications on our ham radio.
Always lots of chatter in the morning, absolutely
nothing today. Must be from the X-1, way too
early for effects from the X5.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join