It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth why Iran Wants a Nuke…

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0317
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yeah great logic, you have one so so I want one...like children. The sooner the Islamic regime is collapsed the better, hell bring back the "kings time" as those Iranian like me put it all the time where freedom existed.

Question, honestly what do we care individually if Iranian nuclear plants are bombed...? How will it effect your daily life if you don't watch tv or go on the internet or listen to the radio...tell me how will it effect your daily life...?

You are all a bunch of whinny wimps, I chose a side and joined the Marine's and all you tough internet guys do is bitch and moan online, wow your doing your part I guess...I hate to break it to you but nothing will change without force period, have all your non violent protests and see where it gets you...OWS = a JOKE, protests in general = JOKE...

Put some force behind it and you may wake up the Govt enough to change direction but it will take a mini revolution...and yes life will be lost but that is apart of freedom...someone wise said "freedom cannot be gained without war"...

Sniper

Wow, there's so much wrong there.

Anyway, respect to you first for being a Marine, that must be some tough stuff to go through to become one.

So first : "what do we care individually if Iranian nuclear plants are bombed?" Well, what about all the innocent people living near those plants that are going to be affected? What about the people that are in the wrong place at the wrong time? A lot of innocent people will be affected, injured and killed. What about the corporations making cash off all the bombs used to do that who don't care about lives being lost as long as they get richer?

Secondly, a lot of people on the internet are raising awareness of what's really going on in the world. Our awareness of what's actually happening when it comes to the levels of corruption in so many areas of life has increased a lot with the internet and more people know the truth about the way the world works. So people talking and spreading the right info around are helping, they're not just being whinny wimps or internet tough guys.

Thirdly, things can change without force if enough intelligence is used by the right people. In fact if enough people in enough places in power used their intelligence and courage properly and calmly enough the world would be changed within 24 hours. So no, it doesn't have to be force.

As for protests not changing anything, they do. They raise awareness, bring people together, help create better movements and let those in power know that they're in trouble if they keep doing what they're doing. And if the military decide to side with protesters because there's so many of them and they're sick of their government, you have a peaceful revolution as they take over government buildings.

Freedom can be gained without war if it's done properly.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Why must you look at the negative implications of nuclear technology???

I have no idea why a peacefull country that doesnt start wars would want a
weapons of mass destruction, having such a long record of peace.

PLEASE tell me a good reason with solid evidence.

Because if you do then buddy you should go work for the IAEA because clearly your see something they dont?

btw do you have any degrees in chemical / nuclear engineering? they might want that....

Because it would also help open up your small mind to the benefits of nuclear technology SUCH AS medical isotopes to help treat severe conditions like cancer and help SAVE lives using chemotherapy.

OR provide nuclear energy to alleviate and progress an aging infrastructure inside iran, improving their economy GREATLY.

Is it wrong for a nation to want to better theselves and give their people the best of technology?

Is it right for only a select few outside of the nation to hinder that oppurtunity and SABOTAGE IT by murdering innocent nuclear scientists in cold blood???? those people had families.

You're being fed lies over and over again, but its no excuse that you dont even question what comes out of your government ass via the false media outlets, because it happened in iraq and it happened in libya, and its going to happen again until someone realises that theres a pattern here, which is no different then the patterns you see as a baby you know when you put the toy square block into the square shape, and the sphere into the circle shape so it fits? anyways..

You're thread is a complete joke, utterly bias and provides no solid evidence for your accusations, simply feeble opinions of an uneducated mind,i read all of that from the title and your reasoning.

Translation for you: #Fail

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
2. Having a bomb will solidify Iran as an Islamic superpower in the region and allow them to control and influence the other Islamic and Arab states.

Haha, you obviously don't understand Muslims or what an Islamic State is.

1. Iran is predominately Shia, a sect of Islam that is considered outside the folds of Islam by the majority of Muslims.

2. Arabs are a different sect of Muslims, from the larger percentage of Sunni's however they tend to only be Muslims externally whereby internally they practice no religion or some form of old traditional Arab paganism.

3. Most central Arabs are considered Wahabis and as such staunch adversaries of Shias (in Iran and Iraq).

The question should be, who stands to benefit from any outcome? Israel, always. By Israel I am referring to the the aspect of this country that is the regime, the military and intelligence arms that interfere (Syria), influence and often times hinder the Arab region (from a perceived threat...that is part real as the Arabs have their own maligned agenda).

The majority of Sunni, Sufi Muslims around the world (the largest percentage) do not see Iran as a corner stone of an Islamic society, quite the contrary but then that doesn't make sensationalist news or retro fit into peoples armchair view of the world.

However...I agree that Iran needs to be challenged, no controlled so they do not spiral out of control. As a nation Iran is very hot blooded and not afraid to to unify itself against a perceived threat, and that is the real danger to the west.

Not the nukes, not the so called threat to the rest of the world but the fact that this is one country that will not take lightly to people ***** around with it. Whether they are in agreement or not with their rules, these people are ballsy enough to come together and that my friend is dangerous for any army regardless of how well equipped it is.

Iran should have been handled very differently imo but not one seems to be paying attention and just stoking the fire even further.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I don't care too much who has the bomb as no one should in the first place- you can't sit there wasted off your behind and tell a non-drinker to never touch a sip of alcohol.

Point being, the US is the only one who has ever had the balls to use one since their creation- N.K. has it, and you don't hear too much about it anymore- because they have them, they test them, and they keep them to themselves. If I'm not correct India has nuclear weapons, if they are allowed to have them- who is to say no-one else should.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I have been hearing a lot of members advocate allowing Iran have a bomb, but they don’t stop and think about the reasons why Iran wants a bomb.
We all know it’s not for defense reasons, because no one wants or could even if they wanted to invade Iran. Iran is one of the strongest Islamic military states in the Middle East.

The only two reasons the current Iranian regime wants a bomb are because:

1. Their power in the country is very shaky and most experts say that in the next 10 years both the regime and governmental structure will completely change (no more Iranian religious supreme leader and all that primitive BS). Almost half of the Iranian population is under 30 years old and don’t want to be under the rule of a religious regime. In the last election they were close to a revolution and the current regime crashed it with force. So having a bomb would insure that the west and foreign influences would not intervene and get involved against the current regime and help the moderate voices in the country.

2. Having a bomb will solidify Iran as an Islamic superpower in the region and allow them to control and influence the other Islamic and Arab states.

So all you supporters of Iran having a bomb, all you are doing is helping this current Islamic regime who even the Iranian people don’t want and are fighting to get rid off stay in power. And helping them take control and influence other Arab and Islamic countries in the Middle East.
If you really want an extreme Islamic regime who still allows stoning of women do death and cutting the hands of thieves in their own country to control the other Arab states in the Middle East, then go ahead and support them…

But please don’t be surprised if in the next 50 years the Islamic states in the Middle East are STILL the lowest in the world when it comes to civil liberties, and the highest in the world after Africa when it comes to poverty and sickness…

edit on 5-3-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

S&F for a fresh and insightful point of view. I, for one, do not want to see Iran with nukes.

Neither am I pro-Zionist. I agree that there may be a variety of reasons for the Western powers to attack Iran (oil, banking system, strategic position, etc.) -- but I do NOT want Iran with nukes. Their leadership is dangerous, not only to their own people, but to the world.

We really are in a no-win situation -- either way we're damned. And if Israel attacks, it will be seen as a US attack.(World leaders know that the US and Israel are joined at the hip, even if some Americans cannot see this.)

With Russia & China backing Iran, this could be World War III.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

WHY on earth should a religion modernize ,that is a silly sentiment, defeats the whole point, dont even bother bringing religion into this, you have no comprehension.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

We all know it’s not for defense reasons

Do we now? I wasn't aware that I possessed that knowledge.

1. Their power in the country is very shaky and most experts say that in the next 10 years both the regime and governmental structure will completely change (no more Iranian religious supreme leader and all that primitive BS).

I don't now what the proverbial 'experts' have been basing their research on lately, but evidence suggests that the reality of the situation is quite to the contrary, my friend. If you check out a thread I authored recently, you may notice that - likely as a result of our 'intervention' - the polls are actually showing a renewed support for fundamentalism.

At least back up your thread with some facts if you're going to make claims like that.
edit on 6-3-2012 by CaptainIraq because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hmmmm....

Everybody except the antisemites are worried about Iran having the bomb and using it to nuke Israel.

I've realized something.

He once threatened to shut the oil supply off from the world.

So what if he uses the nuclear bomb to destroy the oil supplies and reserves?

What would people think then?

Just one more possibility.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Can you tell me your self ?

Are you referring to :

Historical review : Failure of US Military Attack on Tabas
edit on 6/3/12 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISeekTruth101

Why must you look at the negative implications of nuclear technology???

I have no idea why a peacefull country that doesnt start wars would want a
weapons of mass destruction, having such a long record of peace.

PLEASE tell me a good reason with solid evidence.

Because if you do then buddy you should go work for the IAEA because clearly your see something they dont?

btw do you have any degrees in chemical / nuclear engineering? they might want that....

Because it would also help open up your small mind to the benefits of nuclear technology SUCH AS medical isotopes to help treat severe conditions like cancer and help SAVE lives using chemotherapy.

OR provide nuclear energy to alleviate and progress an aging infrastructure inside iran, improving their economy GREATLY.

Is it wrong for a nation to want to better theselves and give their people the best of technology?

Is it right for only a select few outside of the nation to hinder that oppurtunity and SABOTAGE IT by murdering innocent nuclear scientists in cold blood???? those people had families.

You're being fed lies over and over again, but its no excuse that you dont even question what comes out of your government ass via the false media outlets, because it happened in iraq and it happened in libya, and its going to happen again until someone realises that theres a pattern here, which is no different then the patterns you see as a baby you know when you put the toy square block into the square shape, and the sphere into the circle shape so it fits? anyways..

You're thread is a complete joke, utterly bias and provides no solid evidence for your accusations, simply feeble opinions of an uneducated mind,i read all of that from the title and your reasoning.

Translation for you: #Fail

Iran isn't a peaceful country. It has stated several times that it wants to destroy Israel.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

like this ?

Supreme Leader’s Speech at International Conference on Palestinian Intifada

Two points should be clarified in advance. The first point is that our demand is the liberation of Palestine, not the liberation of a part of Palestine. Any plan to divide Palestine is completely unacceptable. The two-state idea which has been presented in the self-righteous clothing of "recognizing the Palestinian government as a member of the United Nations" is nothing but giving in to the demands of the Zionists - namely, "recognizing the Zionist government in Palestinian lands". This would mean trampling on the rights of the Palestinian nation, ignoring the historical right of the displaced Palestinians and even jeopardizing the right of the Palestinians settled in "1948 lands". It would mean leaving the cancerous tumor intact and exposing the Islamic Ummah - especially the regional nations - to constant danger. It would mean bringing back decades-long sufferings and trampling upon the blood of the martyrs.

Any operational solution must be based on the principle of "all of Palestine for all Palestinian people". Palestine is the land that extends "from the river to the sea", not one inch less than that. Of course it should be noted that through its elected government, the Palestinian people will run the affairs of the any part of the Palestinian soil they manage to liberate, just as they did in the case of Gaza, but they will never forget the ultimate goal.

The second point is that in order to reach this lofty goal, what is necessary is action, not words. It is necessary to be serious, not to make ceremonial gestures. It is necessary to have patience and wisdom, not engage in a variety of impatient actions. It is necessary to consider horizons that lie far ahead and to move forward step by step with determination, reliance on God and hope. Muslim governments and nations and the resistance groups in Palestine, Lebanon and other countries can each identify their share of work in this general struggle and solve the puzzle of resistance with Allah's permission.

Oh I see what the problem is.

Israel wants the who middle east. Iran is not surrendering .

Israel and it's puppet are angry.
edit on 6/3/12 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Are you suggesting that because there is dissent from the people in regards to the government, the West has an obligation to perform another coup and install a puppet leader? Do you really think that the people want to lose their sovereignty at the expense of replacing the current regime? The Iranian people must fight for their own freedom; we have no right, yet alone obligation, to intervene and impose our skewed imperialist agenda upon them.

As for them getting the bomb, do you really think that the regime will nuke itself? As for military intervention, even if Iran has the strongest military in the Middle East, it's still just the Middle East; no country can stand alone against our military industrial complex save China or Russia. Iran's military will be crushed and dissembled rather quickly; Iran will turn to a proxy war and Guerrilla warfare battleground, and as such it will become another forever bleeding economic wound upon our country. That is, if Russia/China don't intervene. Regardless, war with Iran is something you do not want, unless you're prepared for retaliation on American soil. Iran does have sleeper cells here which have the ability to inflict damage if we go to war with them.

Iran will not be another Iraq/Afghanistan, though people seem convinced otherwise.
If Russia retaliates, you can expect a real war. If China retaliates, you can expect the collapse of the dollar.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
First of all how do you know Iran wants a nuke? All of it is propaganda by the west to lead up to another false flag invasion and none of it is true. There is no evidence Iran is building a nuclear bomb.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainIraq

Well this actually makes perfect sense; if we had Russia or China beating the drums of war against us, we would become more united as a nation in an attempt to bolster our defenses. The people have seen what happened to Iraq and Afghanistan; I think anyone would rather have an oppressive, conservative government in place than have their country and culture obliterated.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Yes brother this is to what I am referring
beautiful

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I doubt Iran has any desire to "destroy" Israel; Israel is holy ground for Jews, Christians, and Muslims. As such, a fundamentalist Islamic regime knows better than to lay devastation to such a revered place. They have stated they want to destroy the Israeli regime which is hardly the same thing as wanting to destroy Israel. From an Islamic perspective, Israel is an unjust invader which has usurped the lands which they occupied for centuries. It makes sense for them to want Palestine to have its lands back, but it does not make sense for them to stage a nuclear strike upon Israeli soil. As stated, the land is holy to all three major religions.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Can you please provide a chart that correlates to your statement made in the OP

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I don't know why US/Ireal are so intertwined in the state affairs of other countries? The US is OWNED by Israel. So in thoery they own YOU the citizen. And you accept that?? You're whole country is controlled by puppets, cowards and power hungry Egos. Why is all this concern about Iran? You live clear across the world!! People are sooo easily manipulated these days that when they think for themselves - they ignore their OWN thoughts. Think logically for yourself and you will find this is the dumbest BS that shouldn't concern anyone but Iran and the international nuclear inspectors.

The US been bombing the sh*t outta some parts of world and still are. What country has Iran admittedly bombed? none. What has Iran done to you or your family? Nothing. What does Iran contain that almost no other country has? Do your research! The US has done more to harm YOUR family in the last yr, than 'Iran' ever will.

The fact is the US is no longer a super power. Face it. A country founded by murderers, liars and manipulators has put up this 'patriotic' front - you are all full of it. A true patriot isn't one who invades but One who defends with honour. In no way is that the case - you know it! No matter how much others deny it, the fact is, the Israel/US are clearly(obviously) the bullying aggressors, and this is being perpetuated as a story about Iran being the 'bad guy'?

Honestly think about what you do collectively, because the dollar is about to face a HEAD ON collapse pretty soon (look up ehat happened to Britain when they defaulted) - and you're wondering why there are FEMA CAMPS EVERYWHERE. This site supposedly denies ignorance, yet ignorance not only seems to be encouraged, but past around to shape the thoughts and lives of others, only forgetting who your true 'SELF' is. With all of these misplaced negativity, lack of empathy and real care for others, you country looks to be dying the worst way - slowly.

Find your truth.

Peace

Peace.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by blah2200

Sorry mate but you got part of that right! They are reducing the nukes they have, these so called word police force! There has been no proof till this day that supports Iran accessing and enriching Uranium for weapons use. When you come up with proof for your argument please come back so we may have a civilized argument, until then no one here can build an argument against Iran, you have no proof!!! Lets change the headline to "World running low on oil. Iran discovers largest oil field in the world, lets gettem, before they bring noooclear war on the good ol US and the world" Almost laughable if it was not true!

I think you nailed it!

Huge oil field recently discovered in southern Iran... considered to be one of the largest fields ever discovered with several more fields to be announced.

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatest
Iran want's a nuclear warhead because it's leaders believe the end is near and the 12th imnam in approaching, and anything they can do to hurry that event along they will try and do.

Well duh. Just look what state of affairs the world is in right now regarding Iran. Do you suppose for just a minute that every person living in that country could be a tiny bit concerned about their lives and their future right now? To them, the end may be very near. They are not bringing this upon themselves. Israel is.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join