It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth why Iran Wants a Nuke…

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Are you seriously justifying stoning as suitable punishment for cheating on your partner?! WOW! You need to get some perspective on this and/or help or find a partner you trust! And i am 100% sure that Judaism is bound by judicial law, even in Israel, and not at all by religious law does and therefore does not allow stoning someone to death in any instance, let alone cheating on someone.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz
reply to post by CountDrac

yea...well i haven't gotten the chance to read through the thread. But there is a difference between "truth" and "opinion".

You're right about certain things(i like your 2nd opinion), but do you think you're 100% correct? How did you come to these conclusions?

I hope you don't think every thought you have is pure gold and correct all the time..please don't be one of those people

OH, and i don't think people "support" Iran having a nuke, like you say. I think they either don't think Iran can develop a nuclear weapon (like i think). Or they see it as the US being hypocritical, i don't agree with those people because Iran's leaders are obviously not the most stable.

We talk everyday about Iran making a nuke, wouldn't it be funny if they weren't even capable of it?

edit on 6-3-2012 by dannotz because: chyeaaa

Can you please explain to me your statement of "Iran's leaders are obviously not the most stable"?? What is your proof they are unstable...first what is your definition of stable leader(s)?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

That only works if ALL nations of the world remove their aresenals. I don't see the US or Russia or any other major nation moving towards 0 nukes, they just want "less" of them.

Nuclear weapons will always be around nations who have them have no right denying another nation the opportunity to do so. The only reason Iran wants a nuke ( if it does, I've see no credible evidence) is so that they can tell the rest of the world to shove it when they attempt to use their international influence to sway them one way or another.

Mind you the ironic part is that Israel is the one wanting them removed from the ME playing field, using nuclear weapons as a excuse, meanwhile they stockpile nuclear weapons, refuse to allow inspectors and refuse to sign the NNPRT..

So..pot meet kettle.

~Tenth

So thats how it works... Since thats the case, then ##snip## it! Everyone should have a nuke.. Lets let it spiral out of control and let every nation have one, i mean why not the u.s and russia has them..

Im glad you are just a moderator
edit on Tue Mar 6 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I dont think anyone wants to see a nuclear armed Iran. But going to war will start WW III. The best thing we can hope for is to let the sanctions destabilize the regime there, a large segment of the population in Iran is against the regime running it. If that fails and they develop a nuke, we park a sub in the Persian Gulf and let them know in no uncertain terms that if they initiate violence, we will utterly destroy them. Mutually assured destruction kept the US and USSR from pulverizing each other for 50 years. Unfortunately I think thats going to end up being our only option.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by spav5

Unless you didnt notice, the world is trying to get rid of the bombs not make more...
So how is having a religious regime with one of the lowest civil liberties in the world (still stoning women to death for adultery) have a bomb benefit humanity?

But it's fine for the US to have them yea?

Give me a break dude, see further than the end of your own nose!!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Yet another "insert word of choice" with an opinion about Iran huh?

Ok CountDrac here we go:
You post an opinion, nothing factual yet you also seem to be highly biased against Iran, stating we shouldn't allow them to have a bomb, but at the same time, in your very own OP, you state noone would be crazy enough to attack Iran.

Look it's really simple. Noone cares about individual opinions, we're all here to deny ignorance, not welcome it with clapping hands like a bunch of seals looking for their next fish meal.

You're judging and you seem to be doing it from the furthest opposite side of the fence.

TLDR; boooooring.

T

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
CounDrac, Instead of pointing out what the problems of Iran is you should take the time to investigate the problems of your own country. If you're having the same or worse problem than Iran has I doubt you could speak for them and say that they should stop with what they are doing. I support the cutting hand of a thief because it's a great solution. In Saudi Arabia you could leave your house open and go away for a while without anyone even entering your house, big solution to thieving. Most of children and older have stolen at least something in their life, if it's repeated it should have consequences. Putting them in a bar and telling them you can't do it for another day isn't a solution.
Just because America is a land of whatever you call "freedom" doesn't mean the rest of the world has to follow what you think is "right".
And just to add a bit salt to the wound, Iran says it's a Islamic country but does it follow the Islamic rules? It denies a lot that has happened in the history of Islam that a muslim must belief in. Their banks have interest which is strongly forbidden in Islam. They have short time (2-hour) marriages that are and never been allowed in Islam. They treat their Imams as Gods (khomeini and khamenei) just as the Jews treat the Rabbis.
If you're going to say that Iran represents Islam then does America really represent Christianity? Does America represent the freedom it's talking about?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Here are the facts:

1) Iran is a member of the NNPT. As such, it is our obligation to help them attain peaceful nuclear research.
2) Iran has stated they are not after nuclear weapons
3) IAEA inspections have shown there is no nuclear weapons program in Iran.
4) The CIA has stated that Iran is not in research or development of a nuclear weapon.

Everything else is speculation. You can say "oooh oooh Muslims BAD. MUSLIMS BAD" all you want. The facts are above. There are many other uses for nuclear technology besides weapons.

"Oh but Iran has oil... they don't need nuclear energy!!!". Has it ever occurred to you that oil is a finite resource? Perhaps THAT nation doesn't want to depend on oil like corporate America that wants to suck its citizens dry while crying :"oil oil oil"??

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Iran want's a nuclear warhead because it's leaders believe the end is near and the 12th imnam in approaching, and anything they can do to hurry that event along they will try and do.

Iran should of been stopped from the very beginning when they first refused UN inspectors into their facilities. The leaders of the country should be FORCED to answer for their blatant breaking of UN treaties and international laws.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

So your point is that some old book written 1000's of years ago is now proving the truth that Iran is seeking Nukes to fullfil a prophecy written by cavemen? Lets nuke the world due to a books info? The real people looking to fabricate a prophecy are the angelics that believe all the Jews of the world will convert to christianity to be saved, these ppl will defend their beliefs tooth n nail!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

reply to post by VBarbarino

Yes I worry about a country with one of the lowest rates of civil liberties in the region. A country ruled by primitive religious freaks with no separation of religion and state.

A country that’s it’s legal to stone a woman to death on even the suspicion of adultery. Yes, I’m worried about a nation ruled by barbaric primitive Muslims like this...

edit on 5-3-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

You've got to get passed your in-built xenophobia. I know the US press indoctrinate you into it left right and centre, but use your own mind.....

Also, I'm on page 3 and that is the 7th reference to the stoning of women. Have any bizarre desires much?!?!?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by blah2200
reply to post by TheGreatest

So your point is that some old book written 1000's of years ago is now proving the truth that Iran is seeking Nukes to fullfil a prophecy written by cavemen? Lets nuke the world due to a books info? The real people looking to fabricate a prophecy are the angelics that believe all the Jews of the world will convert to christianity to be saved, these ppl will defend their beliefs tooth n nail!

Where did I say I believed that?

The grand Ayatollah believes it, who just so happens to be the supreme ruler of an Islamic state, in a region surrounded by Muslim countries and beliefs.

We may not believe what they do in the West, but we don't have too.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

If you really want an extreme Islamic regime who still allows stoning of women do death and cutting the hands of thieves in their own country to control the other Arab states in the Middle East, then go ahead and support…

...Saudi Arabia and her greatest ally-United States of America.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

so erm, why does it it boil down to having a bomb? why cant they just have cheap nuclear power to increase their revenues, where is their motive for making a bomb i have no idea how thats even plausible.

seriously where did you get your information from??????

it makes MUCH better sense that they need nuclear power stations to use for cheaper electricity so they can sell ALL their oil abroad and make lots of PROFIT

it does NOT make any sense that they would want to make a nuclear weapon using 20 per cent enriched fuel, with inadequate delivery systems which have slighlty below average accuracy and targeting compared to israel and USA.

knowing FULL well the consequences of using any type of nuclear weapon....

Basically you are saying IRAN wants to destroy itself instead of make money and prosper because they are all monkeys right? no brains? slightly below human intellect? islamic terrorists hell bent on world domination?

stop spreading propaganda and demonising iran with lies.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

Originally posted by spav5
Not denying them a weapon is not the same thing as supporting them having one. I don't support drinking alcohol to excess..but I don't deny anyone's right to do so.

Peace

And the Herpa Derp Award for the worst, glib analogy in the history of cockspiracy discussion forums goes to... *drum roll *

Piss.
edit on 6-3-2012 by Sablicious because: coz

And those who have nothing to offer..try to get stars by pulling their pants down.
Peace

Ouch..your attempt for stars at the expense of others..backfired a little. Now you have a sniper mad at you. Better quit while you have a head.

Peace again
edit on 6-3-2012 by spav5 because: (EDIT: Removed your pic and added)

edit on 6-3-2012 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yeah great logic, you have one so so I want one...like children. The sooner the Islamic regime is collapsed the better, hell bring back the "kings time" as those Iranian like me put it all the time where freedom existed.

Question, honestly what do we care individually if Iranian nuclear plants are bombed...? How will it effect your daily life if you don't watch tv or go on the internet or listen to the radio...tell me how will it effect your daily life...?

You are all a bunch of whinny wimps, I chose a side and joined the Marine's and all you tough internet guys do is bitch and moan online, wow your doing your part I guess...I hate to break it to you but nothing will change without force period, have all your non violent protests and see where it gets you...OWS = a JOKE, protests in general = JOKE...

Put some force behind it and you may wake up the Govt enough to change direction but it will take a mini revolution...and yes life will be lost but that is apart of freedom...someone wise said "freedom cannot be gained without war"...

Sniper

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Is anyone else getting sick of seeing this and that about Iran as the hottest topic on the forum front page?

It's like....we come here to try and figure out what's really going on, but the headline on the main page is the same subject as what the MSM are cramming into peoples heads! It's crazy.

...and so many of you having pointless arguments going around in circles. It's exactly what they want, so well done to those of you doing that.
edit on 6-3-2012 by robhines because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

Before I assume, with this photo are you making fun of the disabled...? Or is it the size of the award...? or because he has a US flag on his shirt...? or because he appears to be a boy scout...?

Regardless he seems happy, why would you post this picture, not everything in life is funny like a 175 grn .308 round aimed at your head at 400 yards...

Maybe I missed something in your post...because insulting the mentally handicap is morally pathetic at best and deserving of a trip to the ER at worst...

Sniper

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Really? That's the article you quote. Let's see what evidence exists in this report shall we?

The actual statewment provided by the IAEA is Here, in which states clearly:

Developments since my last report include: the tripling of monthly production of 20% enriched UF6 in Iran as four cascades started operation at Fordow for the first time; the operation of fifteen additional cascades at Natanz; the start of production at Esfahan of fuel plates and a fuel assembly for use in the Tehran Research Reactor; and the start of fabrication of fuel pellets and rods for use in the Iran Nuclear Research Reactor, the IR-40.

The Agency continues to verify the non-diversion of nuclear material declared by Iran under its Safeguards Agreement

That means that Iran has NOT moved any of it's nuclear material in any way shape or form that shows the possibility of a nuclear weapons program. Although the article does state the following afterwards:

But, as Iran is not providing the necessary cooperation, including by not implementing its Additional Protocol, the Agency is unable to provide credible assurance about the absence of undeclared nuclear material and activities in Iran, and therefore to conclude that all nuclear material in Iran is in peaceful activities.

PEACEFUL, they do not automatically assume that Iran is evil and dangerous because they cannot verify this information, they provide them with the benefit of the doubt because there is no reason not to.

So please, provide me with REAL evidence, instead of a source that you probably really didn't read, just the news story that was peppered with bias and opinion.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join