It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historical review : Failure of US Military Attack on Tabas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Thirty years ago on April 25, 1980, the US staged a military aggression against Iran's soil with a number of choppers and planes.

The US administration, whose different plots to defeat the sacred Islamic system had failed, launched this military aggression with the goal of releasing the spies that had been detained throughout the seizure of US spy den in Tehran.

Meanwhile, despite precise planning, usage of advanced equipment, and numerous exercises that the Americans had done in similar locations, this military assault failed due to occurrence of a sand storm throughout the deserts in the vicinity of the city of Tabas, central Iran, while a number of US choppers and planes caught fire; a number of US troopers were killed; and the rest of these US troopers fled Iran's soil. The Americans had planned to fly to Tehran with a chopper, after landing in the city of Tabas. The occurrence of a sand storm astounded the American officials, who had made all the essential arrangements and had even studied the weather conditions.

In fact, with divine blessings, US military aggression was doomed to fail.

Meanwhile, in reference to the humiliating military failure of the US in Tabas, the Founder of Islamic Republic of Iran late Imam Khomeini (May his soul rest in peace) noted now that the Great Satan has committed such an absurd act, the honorable Iranian nation should become fully prepared for confrontation with the enemies, with all its potential and through reliance on God's strength.

April 25, 1980 is a memorable day for the Iranian nation. This date is unforgettable for the Iranian nation because on this day the Iranian people were blessed by the Almighty in the face of the enemy's plot and conspiracy. This day will also not be forgotten in US history, because it showed that sole reliance on military equipment in confrontation with faithful people will not bring about victory.

Tabas incident paved the way for further unity and solidarity of Iran's revolutionary forces, while also proving Islamic Revolution's righteousness throughout the international community. Throughout the course of this incident, the true ominous visage of the enemy was revealed more than ever and the divine nature of Islamic Revolution was proved to the international community.

In fact, this sand storm unveiled the ugly visage of Washington's rulers and displayed their clear aggression, which was in violation to international rules and regulations.

Anniversary of Failure of US Military Attack on Tabas

It seems to teach me a lesson , the people who don't learn their history lessons are doomed to repeat the same mistakes.

This thread is made to response to TPTB and warmongers that have been trying to dishearten Iranian people.

This is also a lesson for :

1.Those warmongers :

We are not afraid of you.

2.To the fear spreaders :

Find some moral attitudes , respect those attitudes.

Peace + Justice
edit on 3/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I did not know about this failed mission, just goes to show even with the best meteorological advice, Mother Nature has a way of spoiling things!!

Unfortunately Iran will not be so lucky next time. Tomahawk Missiles and Drones will take care of any unecessary risks involving the need to use Ground Troops, well at least initially.

I believe Iraq went through a 'Shock and Awe' bombardment for a couple of weeks before any land invasion. The same will be used against Iran. Whether Russia or China will merely sit back and allow this to happen, we will have to wait and see.

ETA:- Found this on Wikipedia.

Operation Eagle Claw (or Operation Evening Light or Operation Rice Bowl)[1] was an American military operation ordered by President Jimmy Carter to attempt to put an end to the Iran hostage crisis by rescuing 52 Americans held captive at the U.S. Embassy in Tehran, Iran on 24 April 1980. The humiliating public debacle that ensued damaged American prestige worldwide and is believed by many, including Carter himself, to have played a major role in his defeat in the 1980 presidential election.[2]

edit on 3/11/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Enjoy the internet while you still have it.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Kinda like the failed Mongol invasion of Japan in 1274.A divine wind.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Mother Nature has a way of spoiling things!!

Unfortunately Iran will not be so lucky next time

It is not about luck and nature. It is about Allah-Lord and his willing

I believe Iraq went through a 'Shock and Awe' bombardment for a couple of weeks before any land invasion

Iranian are just believers and they have not invaded any country like Iraqis invaded Iran. So , we believe and we stand for it. We will see soon what we will get from Allah and what you will get from your mother nature.
edit on 3/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Whilst I totally respect your beliefs, I believe that Mother Nature acted as more of a divine intervention. But, that's cool if you believe that.

The thing that puzzles me is that you have Allah and the U.S has God. One of them will lose if, (and I really really hope it doesn't) a conflict erupts. Peace.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Does your govt respect that god or just does as it wills ?

I mean , there are religions and there are rules made by those religion.

Is your govt respecting the rules or is abusing those people of believe ?

IMO people should be controlling their govt to see if the govt is acting logical or not ?

I don't defend my govt blindly , I respect it because

1.my govt has not imposed a war on any nation and
2.has not dropped nuclear bomb on any other nation
3. Is more respectful to my living and my afterlife

top topics

join