It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth why Iran Wants a Nuke…

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I have been hearing a lot of members advocate allowing Iran have a bomb, but they don’t stop and think about the reasons why Iran wants a bomb.
We all know it’s not for defense reasons, because no one wants or could even if they wanted to invade Iran. Iran is one of the strongest Islamic military states in the Middle East.

The only two reasons the current Iranian regime wants a bomb are because:

1. Their power in the country is very shaky and most experts say that in the next 10 years both the regime and governmental structure will completely change (no more Iranian religious supreme leader and all that primitive BS). Almost half of the Iranian population is under 30 years old and don’t want to be under the rule of a religious regime. In the last election they were close to a revolution and the current regime crashed it with force. So having a bomb would insure that the west and foreign influences would not intervene and get involved against the current regime and help the moderate voices in the country.

2. Having a bomb will solidify Iran as an Islamic superpower in the region and allow them to control and influence the other Islamic and Arab states.

So all you supporters of Iran having a bomb, all you are doing is helping this current Islamic regime who even the Iranian people don’t want and are fighting to get rid off stay in power. And helping them take control and influence other Arab and Islamic countries in the Middle East.
If you really want an extreme Islamic regime who still allows stoning of women do death and cutting the hands of thieves in their own country to control the other Arab states in the Middle East, then go ahead and support them…

But please don’t be surprised if in the next 50 years the Islamic states in the Middle East are STILL the lowest in the world when it comes to civil liberties, and the highest in the world after Africa when it comes to poverty and sickness…

edit on 5-3-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Not denying them a weapon is not the same thing as supporting them having one. I don't support drinking alcohol to excess..but I don't deny anyone's right to do so.

Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spav5

Unless you didnt notice, the world is trying to get rid of the bombs not make more...
So how is having a religious regime with one of the lowest civil liberties in the world (still stoning women to death for adultery) have a bomb benefit humanity?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

So you say the truth in the title and then offer me only your opinion??
Care to back it up with some links and/or research??

Iran probably (see how I use the word probably) wants a nuke for a few reasons.
1.Power
2.They feel left out in the cold because others have them.
3.Isreal.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Israel? Israel with its 7mill population will invade Iran or wants to start a war with Iran?
Give me a break, use common sense...
As for links you seem smart enough to post here, so I'm sure you are smart enough to search the web and see my facts as true...

And let them feel out in the cold. There is no reason to let Iran and its fanatic religious regime with one of the lowest civil liberties in the world (still stoning women to death for adultery) have a bomb.
edit on 5-3-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

That only works if ALL nations of the world remove their aresenals. I don't see the US or Russia or any other major nation moving towards 0 nukes, they just want "less" of them.

Nuclear weapons will always be around nations who have them have no right denying another nation the opportunity to do so. The only reason Iran wants a nuke ( if it does, I've see no credible evidence) is so that they can tell the rest of the world to shove it when they attempt to use their international influence to sway them one way or another.

Mind you the ironic part is that Israel is the one wanting them removed from the ME playing field, using nuclear weapons as a excuse, meanwhile they stockpile nuclear weapons, refuse to allow inspectors and refuse to sign the NNPRT..

So..pot meet kettle.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Israel? Israel with its 7mill population will invade Iran or wants to start a war with Iran?

tell it to the Palestinians

also good luck putting the nuclear genie back in the bottle

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
India, and Pakistan both have nukes, it has not stopped their masses from wanting change, just like that one woman Benazir Bhutto who was going to be elected in Pakistan, but was blown up in a car bomb. If you get in the way, they dont drop a nuke on you, they silence you, in the middle east, its mostly car bombs, in the west, its usually making someone look like they committed suicide, or went of the deep end, lol Iran will continue its regime, unless the inner mass of its populos starts an all out country revolution, and I think the Iranians are closer to starting one then what is being said.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by spav5

Unless you didnt notice, the world is trying to get rid of the bombs not make more...
So how is having a religious regime with one of the lowest civil liberties in the world (still stoning women to death for adultery) have a bomb benefit humanity?

I have not noticed...please show me where we have stopped creating nuclear weapons and are actually destroying them..not just out dated ones either.

Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

We can argue all day about israel, india and Pakistan but the fact is that they have bombs already and there is nothing we can do about it.
So please tell me the logic of and reason of letting Iran and its fanatic religious regime with one of the lowest civil liberties in the world (still stoning women to death for adultery) get a bomb when we still can stop it?
What would have happened if Israel listened to the world and didnt attack Saddam Hussein nuke facility when they had a chance and we would have dealt with a nuclear Iraq controlled by Saddam?

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

We can argue all day about israel, india and Pakistan but the fact is that they have bombs already and there is nothing we can do about it.
So please tell me the logic of and reason of letting Iran and its fanatic religious regime with one of the lowest civil liberties in the world (still stoning women to death for adultery) get a bomb when we still can stop it?
What would have happened if Israel listened to the world and didnt attack Saddam Hussein nuke facility when they had a chance and we would have dealt with a nuclear Iraq controlled by Saddam?

Please tell me the logic of going to war to prevent war?

Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Here you are simply making a presupposition based on lies told. First, before discussing whether or not Iran should have nuclear warheads, you should be providing proof that this is Iran's intended goal for making nuclear power plants, the two are not exactly the same dear. You cannot discuss an untruth. Thread itself is bogus.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I'm sure you are smart enough to search the web and see my facts as true...

Its your thread so you are the one who has to do the research to show me why you think its truth,especially if you are saying your opinion is the truth.

This issue isn't as clean cut and dried as you are making it to be.
Its complicated....hence why it is your responsibility to make the sense and the point you are trying to make while still calling your opinion the truth.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spav5

No need to go to war just blow up their nuke facilities like israel did to Iraq and Syria lately (no war started). If Iran is stupid enough to go to war and attack civilians over its nuke program its their choice and they will be destroyed...

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Oh god! Not that old "Iraqi nuke" story... the one Israel bombed, that in fact DID NOT contain any clandestine underground weapons research and production facility. As confirmed by western experts after the invasion. Oh, and the Syrian nuclear plant Israel bombed that also seems to have been a fabrication.

See, Israel has a nasty habit of throwing around accusations and bombing people. I say let them attack Iran if they want, and suffer the consequences of a retaliation, alone. I for one would applaud it!

Oh, and by the way, seen the way some of those crazy ultra orthodox Jews treat others, espcially women? Hardly beacons of equality or tolerance. And let us also not forget Israels human rights record of murder, torture, indefinite detention without charge...etc...etc

edit on 5-3-2012 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

reply to post by spav5

No need to go to war just blow up their nuke facilities like israel did to Iraq and Syria lately (no war started). If Iran is stupid enough to go to war and attack civilians over its nuke program its their choice and they will be destroyed...

I guess you are right on that one...we have attacked many nations since WWII but have not declared war..so technically you are right.

But the rest of the "civilized" world calls it war when you bomb another nation.

Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

HA! that worked.

Ok, so, under the Shah of Iran, it was fine to build nuclear power plants, encouraged and everyone was happy. It is religious prejudice and persecution to say that because Iran wanted an Islamic republic as their method of governance that now they cant build nuclear power plants.

and it is hype and lies against people due to their choice of religion that makes Israel and America tell you they want bombs.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Nor should you, it's hypocritical of another nation to try and tell another nation what to do..

It's none of our business. There's this idea in the West that we are suppose to police the world, and really it's false. Stay out of other people's business until a legitimate thread arises; one you can prove, not just suggest as possibility.

So were now using conjecture to win an argument? This is a straw man, what if's are not part of the reasoning to start a war, or have pre-emptive strikes against another sovereign nation. Those are war crimes.

Besides, the US placed MOST of the dictators they are now trying to remove. Again, pot meet kettle.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Dude you got facts and history all wrong. I don’t often answer Ignorant posts but I just couldn’t help myself. You are mixing up the first and second Iraq war with something completely unrelated.

Here take a read and learn something new:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
To be honest Iran is light years ahead of Saudi Arabia with regards to human rights and Saudi Arabia are our allies, I think instead of stressing out about a country like Iran you should be asking yourself

Why are we allied to and arming an ultra religious feudalistic monarchy that has one of the worst human rights records on the planet and still adopts slavery with billions upon billions of dollar worth of military hardware.

That would kinda be my main concern all things considered. But yet you are concerned with a vivid hypothetical scenario that possibly involves the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people you have never met.

You know, before I went on some moralistic crusade against a country and a people I knew nothing about other than what I learned from the mainstream media, id have some pretty serious questions to get answered.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join