It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Back A Military Strike On Iran?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'll take a slightly different tack than my previous posts here by how direct the Headline/OP question is.

Yes. I would support a military strike on Iran. Under two conditions I doubt we ever see happen.

1). Provocation must exist and must be so clear and so blatant that the average American citizen can view the evidence and agree without having it explained. It it needs to be explained, even by some simple power point, then war is by no means justified. Not even a limited raid.

Oh ,,,pshawwwwww

all they have to do is fly a few planes into buildings full of civilians and kill them and by some miracle before the fire even clears find magical iranian passports in the burning rubble and a few blocks away.

That might do the trick.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

TextAre you saying netanyahu isn't religious? The whole concept of zionism goes by the assumption that all this land was given to the jews by god. Thats the justification they have. lol. How is that any less extreme than muslim "extremists"?
reply to post by mayabong

First off I truly believe the powers in Iran want a war to usher in their Mahadi who they believe will bring peace to the world , war is a terrible terrible thing but in this case it will happen sooner or later , so I say hit their military hard and fast without mercy leaving them little to respond with and then see if the people truly wanted them out of power

To answer the quote above the Koran speaks of the land of Israel belonging to them , Islam does not like this dirty little secret to get out and if you confront a Muslim with this verses which are 5:20&5:21 amongst others. They ignore you on the subject because they know this to be true and it takes away from their justification for hating Israel .

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok

TextAre you saying netanyahu isn't religious? The whole concept of zionism goes by the assumption that all this land was given to the jews by god. Thats the justification they have. lol. How is that any less extreme than muslim "extremists"?

First off I truly believe the powers in Iran want a war to usher in their Mahadi who they believe will bring peace to the world ,.

And you know this how? Hannity ? O'Reilly? Wolf? Rachael? I ask this because I can almost certainly guarantee that you didn't hear it from the Iranian government themselves.

Stop believing the brainwashing. that's why it is called brainwashing.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think it illogical to believe Iran has 'built' a nuclear weapon, (not that they can't given enough time) and all of Iran's inuendos and threats are just that and they are a 10th rate military power in the world, so little if anything to back it up.
Even a tiny kitten growls and hisses when threatened.

However, I believe given Irans links and historical background with direct ties to known terrorist groups, there is an unknown probability, not a possibility that Iranian regligious zealots could purchase a ready made nuke on the black market.

I also believe the Iranian religious zealots or terrorist groups by proxy or on their own which Iran backs would use this nuke 'inside' Israel without question.

I would mention here one of my favorite sayings (which I forrow from other sources) which I feel presents a perfect anology of Iran, " you can put a tuxedo on a goat, but it is still a goat".

Finally... IF Iran were to attack Israel, or any other middle eastern country with nuclear weapons then without question... employing conventinal weapons, destroy the infrastructure and the military capabilities of Iran, what there is of it and then insist on a negotiated truce to include non aggression by Iran in the middle east and the world.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
An Israeli attack would be bad enough.But what if they strike these nuke sites and radiation is released upon the public?What a mess.Simply the Iranians want to change the balance of power in the region.I myself fear a nuclear armed Iran and their intentions but worry what an attack could lead to.

I'm not stating my support or disagreement with an attack only trying to point out a fact. These nuclear sites are hundreds of feet underground, to the point that our best bunker buster bombs may not even be able to penetrate them. The chances of radiation being released are minuscule. As I learned going thru chemical/radiation training in the service, 3' of topsoil is sufficient to protect you from radiation. If the sites are attacked there will be sufficient topsoil to seal off the radiation.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by VBarbarino

First off I truly believe the powers in Iran want a war to usher in their Mahadi who they believe will bring peace to the world ,.

And you know this how? Hannity ? O'Reilly? Wolf? Rachael? I ask this because I can almost certainly guarantee that you didn't hear it from the Iranian government themselves.

TextA documentary that ties the current events in the Middle East to the soon coming of the Islamic messiah figure known as the Mahdi has just been released in Iran. The video contains one of the most overt calls to war yet seen in the Iranian media, perhaps pointing to the anxiety and desperation of the present regime in the midst of the many regional uprisings, including one in its own country.

No I do not watch the main stream news I go to the web and usually foreign countries news medias to get the truth, it is common knowledge this is what the leaders of Iran want , so stop your lying .

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

First off I truly believe the powers in Iran want a war to usher in their Mahadi who they believe will bring peace to the world , war is a terrible terrible thing but in this case it will happen sooner or later , so I say hit their military hard and fast without mercy leaving them little to respond with and then see if the people truly wanted them out of power

To answer the quote above the Koran speaks of the land of Israel belonging to them , Islam does not like this dirty little secret to get out and if you confront a Muslim with this verses which are 5:20&5:21 amongst others. They ignore you on the subject because they know this to be true and it takes away from their justification for hating Israel .

Did you even watch the video where the Chabad guy was telling Netanyahu to hasten the coming of the Mosiach? How is this any different?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by VBarbarino

TextA documentary that ties the current events in the Middle East to the soon coming of the Islamic messiah figure known as the Mahdi has just been released in Iran. The video contains one of the most overt calls to war yet seen in the Iranian media, perhaps pointing to the anxiety and desperation of the present regime in the midst of the many regional uprisings, including one in its own country.

No I do not watch the main stream news I go to the web and usually foreign countries news medias to get the truth, it is common knowledge this is what the leaders of Iran want , so stop your lying .

Sorry, you'll have to do better than that. I have no need to lie when all I hear min after min are infinite voices all over the web, the tv, the radio, in public stating we should bomb Iran , bomb Iran, Bomb Iran and yet, Iran has done not a damn thing. NOTHING

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

TextDid you even watch the video where the Chabad guy was telling Netanyahu to hasten the coming of the Mosiach? How is this any different?

I am very familiar with Hebrew eschatology given the fact it is our ollie testament , their is no way to usher in the return of the messiah or as the Jews see it the messiah coming for the first time. So I don't know what you think you seen with regards to the messiah but no Jew with any knowledge of his religion would make such a statement .i think it is safe to say you are mistaken or reading from a propaganda website made to make Jews look bad.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I do not support Western imperialism. I do not like the USA's attempted conquerance of the Middle East.

Well, I say I do not support Western imperialism, but it's really all imperialism. It's just the USA is the one who currently is practicing this. USA wants control of the region, alongside its proxy of Israel. Much war will be avoided is this does not happen. Iran knows that, alone, it would not stand strongly against the USA if conflict occur. So it allies itself with us, for instance. To make war on Iran, would not involve just Iran, but Russia too. And probably its other allies.

Anyone who supporting a military action is crazy. Thit would be, like, starting a third world war. And the USA itself does not want to make military strike. It had to chide Israel for its warlike tendencies. The USA is not stupid and does not want war to happen. But it must keep Israel in line, and if it continues like this, Israel's actions would trigger conflict.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
the dude who so far was the most accepted jewish massiach was Shabatai zvi
I doubt he was "forced" to become a Muslim....he "Infiltrated" - "forced" is just a face saving ummm.....Wiki edit obfuscation

Sabbatai Zevi (שַׁבְּתַאי צְבִי Shabbetai Tzvi, other spellings include Sabbatai Ẓevi, Shabbetai Ẓevi, Sabbatai Sevi, and Sabetay Sevi in Turkish) (August 1, 1626 – c. September 17, 1676[1] in Dulcigno (present day Ulcinj, Montenegro)) was a Sephardic Rabbi[2] and kabbalist who claimed to be the long-awaited Jewish Messiah. He was the founder of the Jewish Sabbatean movement. At the age of forty, he was forced by the Ottoman Sultan Mehmed IV to convert to Islam. Some of his followers also converted to Islam, about 300 families who were known as the Dönmeh (aka Dönme) (converts).[3]
www.abovetopsecret.com...

you have Jebus the Jew ....Christian...

the shaw was installed the mullahs were installed bush and Obama were INSTALLED
the saud INSTALLED
Saddam INSTALLED
etc

the bankers are behind ALL OF THIS
and then behind them are the people who own the money....
then behind them...
what or who the heck knows

THIS IS ALL WRESTLING FOR THE SHEEPLE
till you get to the falujah babies...

These people LOVE to stuff stupid people into cannons just to watch em go SPLAT against the brick wall,,
then they send in a flunkie like Soros to prize the gold teeth out of the dead skulls.

so in a word Bomb iran?
NO!!!

edit on 4-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

TextDid you even watch the video where the Chabad guy was telling Netanyahu to hasten the coming of the Mosiach? How is this any different?

I am very familiar with Hebrew eschatology given the fact it is our ollie testament , their is no way to usher in the return of the messiah or as the Jews see it the messiah coming for the first time. So I don't know what you think you seen with regards to the messiah but no Jew with any knowledge of his religion would make such a statement .i think it is safe to say you are mistaken or reading from a propaganda website made to make Jews look bad.

That video is from a pro Jewish source. They are not hiding anything.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Iran's new president created a sense of outrage in the west yesterday by describing Israel as a "disgraceful blot" that should be "wiped off the face of the earth". Mahmoud Ahmadinejad who is more hardline than his predecessor, told students in Tehran that a new wave of Palestinian attacks would be enough to finish off Israel.

www.guardian.co.uk...

“The Zionist regime will be wiped out soon the same way the Soviet Union was, and humanity will achieve freedom,” Ahmadinejad said during Tuesday’s meeting in his offices, according to the official IRNA news agency.

www.msnbc.msn.com... 6149717/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/t/iranian-leader-says-israel-will-be-wiped-out/

Iran's new president has repeated a remark from a former ayatollah that Israel should be "wiped out from the map," insisting that a new series of attacks will destroy the Jewish state, and lashing out at Muslim countries and leaders that acknowledge Israel.

articles.cnn.com... madinejad_1_israel-jerusalem-day-islamic-world?_s=PM:WORLD

there are tons of places to find where he said it, but since is all MSM your probably going to say something like "they are just giving people another reason to invade iran"

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

Indeed I would back it.So long as it was done for the right reasons.No matter what many here think a country like Iran should NOT have nuclear weapons.Atleast not until they've had a change in government.And advance past 1795.

I'll get a lot of # for that..but every single one of you know's it true.You can bash the American government all you want but you know it's a fact that we don't treat out people nearly as bad as they do.

ETA : DOWN WITH AMERICA AND ISRAEL!!! The worst countries in the world!! Long live IRAN!!

Had to add that.As it seems to be the standard sayings here on ATS.

edit on 4-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
NO

Line 2

I'm assuming you're female.Or else this post would've been removed and deemed a one liner.If you're not some of the idiots here aren't reporting it because they think your avatar is you.Yet that post got two stars for a simple "no"

edit on 4-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
In a heart beat.

Wants reasons maybe?

First, i am a zionist.Secondly, a country with religious leaders, who are also nation leaders, Iran must meet tomahawks, B-2's and w/e else needed to destroy thei nuclear sites.
Third, Iran must be bombed, so an arms race in ME (which was, is and will be unstable as hell) will be stopped.

Anyway, an atack on Iran is just around the corner...and i support it.

Hey Jingo. Why don't you go fight that war if you are so hot headed for a war. Don't worry about ATS - we won't miss you. Good luck with that!

Persian saying: "Kalash booye ghormehsabzi meedeh", in essence meaning someone who is a young "hot head".

Deny Ignorance. Learn Persian.

edit on 3/4/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: tags

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
obviously the are making one. if you're going to get attacked either way, you might as well build one and have at least some sort of defence.

it is a brilliant strategy by the u.s. that can only lead to one outcome: war.

they are steering the iranians into forcing them to attack them, while slowing gaining public and international support.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

I don't care what the msm says. Show me a word for word translation. You'll see the translation is bent to serve an agenda
edit on 4-3-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I think I found my future avatar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join