It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Back A Military Strike On Iran?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Krono

No I wouldn’t attack Iran, for the reason that the youngest and bravest of our youth have been at war killing and dying for decades, lets give it a rest, Let the diplomats earn their crust for a change.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Krono

If there was any credible evidence that supported a military strike on Iran, perhaps, but probably not anyway.

Too much war. It solves nothing, creates only more problems. How is the United States or her allies safter after 9/11? It's not.

There is less respect among other nations for the West, there is more fear and hatred of the West by extremist groups. There is a higher likely hood of a group wanting to attack the United States or it's citizens, because of the actions of it's government over the last 2 decades.

When is does it end? When does a nation realize that you are hurting yourselves by continuing this (poorly executed) emperial conquest of the Middle East? When do you as a nation realize that you are one conflict away from your economy imploding?

It's sad really.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think the question is would the US soldiers?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
War=Genocide

Warmonger=Intellectual accessory to Genocide

So, are you warmonger?

Nice propaganda. Untrue, but all the same I have to acknowledge it.

Are you suggesting that Persians might all die off if they are missing some nuclear infrastructure? That seems a bit over the top.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Krono

No.
I absolutely would not support a military strike on Iran.
The Israeli attempts to sway world opinion by repeatedly lying about a speech given by the Iranian President, in which Israel and her supporters claim President Ahmadinajad said Iran would wipe Israel off the map.
Anyone who understands the Persian language of Farsi, knows Israel has once again lied in order to build support for an illegal and unjustified war.
Iran has not attacked any nation in over 200 years.
Iran is not building an atomic bomb, in fact President Ahmadinajad has said to build or deploy such a weapon is sin.
Iran's building of Nuclear facilities is within their rights, Israel's nuclear weapons however are not.
Iran has allowed international inspectors free reign to inspect it's nuclear facilities, and to acertain that Iran has no nuclear weapons, and is not building nuclear weapons.
Israel on the other hand not only has an obscene number of Atomic warheads, it also denies access to weapons inspectors.
The secret war in which Israeli agents have murdered scientists, and bombed research facilities is disgusting.
The false flag operations in which Israel plants small explosive packages on the vehicles of their own diplomats, and attempts to lay the blame on Iran are laughable.
Any who would care to look at the area given to Israel in 1948, and compare that to the Israel of today will at once see where the problem lies.
The claim that there was never a Palestine is revolting.
The claim that Palestinians waged terror attacks against Israel are lies that any student of middle east history recognizes as propaganda utilized by the true aggressors, the ones who killed many British subjects, the ones who attacked innocents in the King David Hotel, the ones who perpetrated the massacre at Sabra and Shatila.
Israeli "settlers" bulldoze homes, and olive groves belonging to the Palestinian People.
How can any person see these things and not feel a sickness in the pit of their being?
How can any person see children machinegunned by laughing Israeli troops and not be outraged?
How can a people (the Palestinians) be removed from their ancestral homes by force, and be separated from their own lands by a monsterous wall, as Israeli thieves build "settlements" to enforce their unlawful claim on the lands of True Inheritors of Moses, The Palestinian People, without international forces coming to the defense, the aid and relief of those people?
How can christians say they are Zionists, when Jesus himself condemned the Israelites as a generation of vipers?
How can a christian justify what Israel does because of the establishment of Israel by men, when the prophecy says Israel shall be established by God?
How can christians forget the Biblical warning against "those who say they are Jews, but are NO Jews, and worship in the synagog of Satan?"
Upon whose hands is the blood of innocents?
Against whom does the spirit testify?
You all know, and those who would call themselves zionists have turned their backs on the teachings of Christ, and seek to curry favor with the God of Israel, believing that they must bless Israel to recieve the blessings of God?
But the Bible doesn't say to bless Israel, the bible says "Blessed are those who bless the Jews".
Perhaps these christians should visit with some Hasidic Jews, some Orthodox Jews, and learn the error of their ways.
But this shall not be.
Man is prideful, and even when certain knowledge shows his error, he shall not correct his ways.
For he is given over to deadly sin, and will not turn from it, indeed, he will hate any that bear witness to the truth, and seek to murder them, because his soul is forever cursed, and he may protest that he heard not the word of God, or that his eyes were blind to the great evil, but He who holds the Book in his hand will say "Go Away From Me, For I Have Never Known You",and his name is no longer found in the Lamb's Book of Life.
Why does the Bible say Persia shall not be conquered?
This diatribe is for the Christian Zionists who rejoyce at the thought of killing others, but it will gather only hateful replies, and so I leave it with you, but I, being a non-believer, tell you what I read, and what I know, and I know it will fall upon deaf ears, so I wash my hands of you. Rave as a mad dog against the summers sun, I shall not return to wipe the frothing spittle from your beards, look in all corners to find me, for I am not there. I do not care to converse with you. Know that you will have your reward. Inshalla. .מרנא תא

edit on 5-3-2012 by Luminaught because: Cat Stevens made me do it.

edit on 5-3-2012 by Luminaught because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The persian infidel ayatollahs could have chosen peaceful co-existance, but for decades, it had sought for the extermination of mankind through its funding of terrorism and the terrifying building up of nuke weaponery deceptively in order to dominate the world, as in history it once had and was destroyed for it.

Israel had done nothing to Iran, but the infidel persian ayatollahs had consistantly made use of jews as the bashings boys to rouse up muslims fooled and misused by a peaceful religion to support persian perfidy.

Those persian die hards are not only hell bent on the destruction of mankind, but equally the enslavement of the iranian masses and muslims today, through the misuse of religion, intentional ignorance upon a people and torture to those whom courageously stood up for freedom, as the good prophet Muhamad had courageously stood up to Persian and Arab infidels' perfidies in his time.

There will be no place in our evolution after 2012 for evil doers such as the persian ayatollahs had done. The battle between light and dark forces had been going on for millenia since creation. And the light had never lost. So too will this battle against the dark forces represented by the ayatollahs whom had misled and murdered children/creations of our common Creator.

I only pity those whom had been fooled by them, and are willing to die for the dark, just as those persian infidels readily sacrifice humans, for that had been their atrocious attitude to humans, an abomination to our Creator.

The only times mankind had been willing to sacrifice themselves was when freedom was involved. Better to die free than to live as slaves serving the dark, as Gandhi, Mandela, Suu Kyi and many other courageous humans across time and space had proven to our world.

No human wishes for war, but when tolerance is stretched, patience ends, more so when innocent lives had been destroyed. Humans can only bend backwards so far.....

edit on 5-3-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by VBarbarino

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'll take a slightly different tack than my previous posts here by how direct the Headline/OP question is.

Yes. I would support a military strike on Iran. Under two conditions I doubt we ever see happen.

1). Provocation must exist and must be so clear and so blatant that the average American citizen can view the evidence and agree without having it explained. It it needs to be explained, even by some simple power point, then war is by no means justified. Not even a limited raid.

Oh ,,,pshawwwwww

all they have to do is fly a few planes into buildings full of civilians and kill them and by some miracle before the fire even clears find magical iranian passports in the burning rubble and a few blocks away.

That might do the trick.

I put a lot of thought into what you said here because that is precisely what led to 10+ long years of war and a staggering Death toll with both sides combined that still isn't over. Not by a long shot. I don't think that kind of stunt will work this time. Not for the public. I could be wrong, but I'd like to think enough people have woken up in the last 10 years to demand the right questions be asked and by the right qualified people, right from day one.

I absolutely don't believe the public of 2012, as a whole, would react anything like the public of 2001 did. I recall a nation at peace and the largest problems being what this new idiot in Office had in mind. The only attack America had seen since 1812 had been a series of screw ups for something that COULD have caused major problems with the WTC Attack in 1993.... The most painful thing for me on 911 was the heart wrenching loss of innocence I knew had just happened in changing America forever. 1993 pissed me off with everyone else. 9/11 just caused pure, deep shock. Didn't it? It wouldn't be shock this time.

Today? We're cynical, callous and generally skeptical of our own shadows. How did it get there? Could it be hiding something?

I mean, that's a bit over the top, but not by much for the difference in American perceptions in what I've seen change since the Towers were hit.

It'll have to be something leaving no question what so ever. Period. No doubts....or the public might just outright rebel this time around. 11 years of war really is enough....everyone is tired and irritable. We need peace. America at peace is one hell of a nation. America in more war is just hell, period.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
No.

Iran is no threat to the U.S.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Would you back a military strike on Iran?

Not just yet. I still have some work I need to do on my underground bunker. It's not ready yet so hold off on any strikes until I get it finished and then PLEASE give a little warning so I have enough time to hide.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
No, because I'm not an idiot blinded by propaganda.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You're absolutely right, Armed Forces are purely for DEFENCE, but politicians fail to see that. They instantly think "ooooh, there's money to be made here.".

Unfortunately, things won't change unless there was a world wide revolution where the PEOPLE won and get in to power and actually have rights.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Israel

So that is what was actually said and/or interpreted. If you read that wikipedia entry about it, you'll see that even though he might not have said "we want to wipe Israel off the map", his intention is to destroy Israel.

Personally I believe the world would be a much better place without the Islamofascists in Iran and everywhere else. I am not saying to "kill them all", but they really do need to learn that some of us (speaking for myself) do not believe the same way they do and that we don't care for, or want the lifestyle that they wish to impose upon us.

One thing that really bothers me about all of this is Taqiyya. Please read about that. It makes all the difference in the world when dealing with Iran. It is after all an Islamic Republic. I don't trust anything these people spew forth. Do your homework on Iran, they aren't all "butterflies and rainbows" as some would have you believe.

It may not be up to me to decide whether or not I back such a strike. And I submit to anyone reading this, that you may wish to consider that as well. Like it or not, you may be placed in a position to have to decide. If it were up to me, I would gather up a group of my friends and proceed to teach these people a lesson. Yes it would not be nice, and they would hate me but they would know not to mess with me afterwards.

Last thing before I click out, beware pro-Iranian propaganda. It is everywhere.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Yes Iran is a world threat. I would nuke them if I were Israel

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Propaganda is meant to make us believe that we are well informed when, in fact, we are being fed a continuous stream of manipulative lies by those who have power and want to stay in power. It is a fact.

The only people calling for an attack on Iran are either Zionist or Military Industrial related. Or Fox News. It's like having a hamburger, some cheese and a bun. They call that a WW3 sandwich.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
Propaganda is meant to make us believe that we are well informed when, in fact, we are being fed a continuous stream of manipulative lies by those who have power and want to stay in power. It is a fact.

The only people calling for an attack on Iran are either Zionist or Military Industrial related. Or Fox News. It's like having a hamburger, some cheese and a bun. They call that a WW3 sandwich.

Hm. I'm none of the above, and think that allowing Iran to continue on with its current course is poison.

But if you like nuclear proliferation throughout the Islamist Pan-State, and poorly maintained reactors in Africa and the obvious conclusions that both things will cause......how can I argue with you? I would have to ask though which of us is really asking for destruction.

edit on 2012/3/7 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The problem is the whole region is nuts and they all would be racing after Nuclear bombs if Iran gets one.The whole scenario is disturbing if you ask me.If you attack Iran it likely will esculate into a regional war as well.

So it does not sound that great either way.

I kind of doubt that Israel will take a chance on the entire region getting nukes.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

Hm. I'm none of the above, and think that allowing Iran to continue on with its current course is poison.

But if you like nuclear proliferation throughout the Islamist Pan-State, and poorly maintained reactors in Africa and the obvious conclusions that both things will cause......how can I argue with you? I would have to ask though which of us is really asking for destruction.

edit on 2012/3/7 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

So, if you are not Zionist or Military Industrial, what are you?
---
Where did I promote "nuclear proliferation throughout the Islamist Pan-State" in this thread? Or any thread?
Where did I promote "poorly maintained reactors in Africa"?
---
Conclusion.
---
You are having a fantasy conversation. I am here to tell you that, in no uncertain terms, I do not promote "nuclear proliferation" of any kind.

And I do not support a military strike on Iran. I do not support a military strike on anybody. Get your facts straight.
edit on 3/8/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: response to poorly constructed straw man argument

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Would you back a military strike on Iran ?

No .. because im not delusional to back off war crimes
im not soulless

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Krono

i support a tatical strike on Iran. I don't care what anyone says i believe that iran is trying to develope nukes. If they get them they will claim that they did it to defend themselves from the west and Isreal. If Iran has nothing to hide why all the stalling and why don't they let Nuclear inspectors go into key areas.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Yes - 110%

Not only have I backed it intellectually, spiritually and emotionally, I have backed it with my money.

I donate $100.00 per month automatically from my chequeing account to the IDF.

I will continue to do so until the threat is erased.

Thanks

Stay frosty

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join