It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I AM" ... Are you Freakin' Kidding Me?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It seems to be an epidemic of idiots and the "I AM....ASK ME ANYTHING" threads.

In the last few Months there have been so many to even count of these types of threads. And to top it all off, they rise to the top of the boards with people feeding these...dare I say...Trolls? Just enter "I am" into the search engine and the pages are numerous.

I am Illuminati
I am the Second Coming
I am an Alien
I am Anonymous
I am the Anti-Christ
I am the Elite

I am...ASK ME QUESTIONS!

And on and on and on...

What is going on here and why is ATS suddenly attracting this kind of crap? People sitting at home in mama's basement with nothing better to do but attempt to get a rise out of strangers in cyber.

These types of threads take up space on ATS...Front Page Space! And the more interesting, developed, researched and informative threads get pushed to the bottom because of this nonsense.

I guess the whole point of my OP is to ask the ATS community to...

STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS!

Rant Out.

And no...Don't ask me anything cause I ain't...

Peace

ETA: After reading the posts I will have to clarify that I DO NOT believe all of these "I AM" threads are BS...just about 90% IMO.

But I will say that when it starts with "I AM...ASK ME ANYTHING"...I will call foul. If the OP truly had something of importance to share and just had to get it out for the benefit of Mankind, they would do it without asking to be fed.

And again,

Peace

edit on 3-3-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I Am Jack's Complete Lack of Surprise...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I AM still trying to wash the *I AM Gabriel the Arc Angel* thread out of my head.....

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I AM still trying to wash the *I AM Gabriel the Arc Angel* thread out of my head.....

ooh...forgot about that one...

I have to give that one a prize for being the most (insert expletive here)

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

lol! so am i! im just not clicking on that crud anymore.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Because like any forum, sadly to say so, ATS is being infiltrated more than ever by government drones (trolls) that want to shoot down our ideas and make the entire spectrum seem inadequate and folly.

It's all a ploy. Still a good site but, as an old friend of mine who currently works cyber-something for DHS told me once: "We aren't cutting through the internet. We're trying to blister it." He is like-minded to a point but makes too much money securing gov't sites to quit, plus, he's not doing anything THAT wrong individually. And he's really good at programming and html and such.

And that's the point. Want a gov't payroll and pension, especially in these (gov't/elite created) touchy times? Can't beat em, join em...

I happen to think i can beat em =)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
reply to post by Destinyone

lol! so am i! im just not clicking on that crud anymore.

The problem with that decision is that we all click on those threads...gotta...see...the...Nonsense!

The REAL problem lies in responding. Kinda like on the Simpsons..."Just Don't Look" and all the advertising goes away...lol (have to be a Simpsons fan to get that one)

One peek...ok. One word in reply and it's all over.

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I AM the mom of a teenager, so don't ask me anything because I know nothing!

I have also wasted too many minutes on some of those threads...
edit on 2-3-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
That is to say, people get PAID BY THE GOVT to come on here and make the site look like a piece of bird poop, and (with any knowledge of html you know) can put different tags and keywords and whatever, things you'd use to help your website, to get their derelict pages higher karma.. ah.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by andboycott
Because like any forum, sadly to say so, ATS is being infiltrated more than ever by government drones (trolls) that want to shoot down our ideas and make the entire spectrum seem inadequate and folly.

It's all a ploy. Still a good site but, as an old friend of mine who currently works cyber-something for DHS told me once: "We aren't cutting through the internet. We're trying to blister it." He is like-minded to a point but makes too much money securing gov't sites to quit, plus, he's not doing anything THAT wrong individually. And he's really good at programming and html and such.

And that's the point. Want a gov't payroll and pension, especially in these (gov't/elite created) touchy times? Can't beat em, join em...

I happen to think i can beat em =)

And there it is! Bingo and star.

We all know many of these threads are of that Gubment nonsense. But...many are just butt-wipes out for attention because the real World won't give it to them.

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Dear jude11,

"I Am" in total agreement. I am "AQuestion" and don't know everything, I am tired of people telling us that they are something or someone that they are not. I am an old bald man and that is who I am. Peace.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Has the world gone mad? I've been wondering why people are swarming, flagging and staring people for simply saying hey I'm 90, I'm the angel Gabriel and by the way I worked on every top secret project known to man...I'm here to save all man kind.

People are jumping on the threads without any proof or anything resembling truth...they even go so far as to defend the trolls when you question the insanity of their claims.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by jude11

Dear jude11,

"I Am" in total agreement. I am "AQuestion" and don't know everything, I am tired of people telling us that they are something or someone that they are not. I am an old bald man and that is who I am. Peace.

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f***ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Heh... apparently this thread reminds me of fightclub....

YOU... are not your body...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by jude11

Dear jude11,

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f***ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Heh... apparently this thread reminds me of fightclub....

YOU... are not your body...

Always remember that you know nothing and you will always learn something as no one can know everything. ;P

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
People saying crazy things on a conspiracy forum. Stop the presses!

If you don't like a topic, don't click on the link. To say that certain topics shouldn't be allowed on this forum is an attack on free speech.

And what do you know? How do you KNOW that a couple of them aren't true? Isn't it possible that people come here to leak things? I mean, this site seems like the most logical place to leak controversial material.
Most of them are probably B.S. but isn't it possible that at least one of them is true?

I do agree with you that people shouldn't be flagging a lot of these threads. But you know, if someone writes something truly creative, they probably deserve a flag, even if it isn't true.

edit on 2-3-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

I didn't say i know everything...

But i know what i know....

And fight club rules!

edit on 2-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

If you don't like a topic, don't click on the link. To say that certain topics shouldn't be allowed on this forum is an attack on free speech.

And what do you know? How do you KNOW that a couple of them aren't true? Isn't it possible that people come here to leak things? I mean, this site seems like the most logical place to leak controversial material.
Most of them are probably B.S. but isn't it possible that at least one of them is true?

I think your missing the point as the claims of a "90 year old gabriel angel who is involved in HAARP and time travel as well as grey aliens" is more focused with role playing in fantasy than conspiracy theories and alternate news/ideas which are considered here. (AKA clearly trolls)
edit on 2-3-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Well....Jeebus did join ATS at least 6 times that I know of....you might be right...but, I have healthy doubts....

Des

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The way I have always seen it, even before I enlisted, is that if someone comes right out with information like that without people asking them for it, it screams of insecurity and a need for attention on one hand, and on the other it reeks of dishonesty. I think you described it a bit better though lol.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Epirus

I didn't say i know everything...

But i know what i know....

And fight club rules!

edit on 2-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

I didn't say that you said you knew as such your respone is all in your head. More of a general response meant for the masses intended to respond to all the classes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join