It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I AM" ... Are you Freakin' Kidding Me?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

I apologize; but, I am not sure what you are trying to tell me. I was attempting to support the OP and say that I am tired of people being so fake just to get a response. If you were attempting to say that I am my heart, my actions and my intent then I agree. I like what Shakespeare said, I am a man, if you cut me do I not bleed. Yeah, we all bleed and we are all mortal, we are our choices, they define who really are, we are who we choose to be once we stop justifying our actions and take responsibility for our choices. Peace.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The sad thing about those topics is the fact that those people really ARE delusional and won't accept that they need help or medication. I visit a hypnotherapist and am preparing to go get myself certified and we covered this topic just this week. If you tell yourself something for long enough, you start to believe it. If these people tell themselves every day that they're a wizard or an angel, they'll begin to believe it. The subconscious doesn't care what information it takes in because it can't distinguish between fact or fiction.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I AM wondering why people even reply to there posts and keep them going?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus

I think your missing the point as the claims of a "90 year old gabriel angel who is involved in HAARP and time travel as well as grey aliens" is more focused with role playing in fantasy than conspiracy theories and alternate news/ideas which are considered here. (AKA clearly trolls)
edit on 2-3-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

I understand heavy criticism of that thread. But the OP wasn't directing it solely at that thread...he was directing his rant towards ALL of them. He seemed to suggest that he thinks they are all fake.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I AM...not surprised. Whereas this site is great for knowledge and information...its also "ground-zero" for kooks who want to explain, convince and defend their interpretaion of truth.....and 90% of it is based on Wikipedia, YouTube and Delusions of Granduer. And just plain psychosis.

Thanks goodness for for most part...we can tell the difference.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

I apologize; but, I am not sure what you are trying to tell me. I was attempting to support the OP and say that I am tired of people being so fake just to get a response. If you were attempting to say that I am my heart, my actions and my intent then I agree. I like what Shakespeare said, I am a man, if you cut me do I not bleed. Yeah, we all bleed and we are all mortal, we are our choices, they define who really are, we are who we choose to be once we stop justifying our actions and take responsibility for our choices. Peace.

Just read the link and you'll understand what i mean

I wasn't diggin on ya... just sayin read the link

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
People saying crazy things on a conspiracy forum. Stop the presses!

If you don't like a topic, don't click on the link. To say that certain topics shouldn't be allowed on this forum is an attack on free speech.

And what do you know? How do you KNOW that a couple of them aren't true? Isn't it possible that people come here to leak things? I mean, this site seems like the most logical place to leak controversial material.
Most of them are probably B.S. but isn't it possible that at least one of them is true?

I do agree with you that people shouldn't be flagging a lot of these threads. But you know, if someone writes something truly creative, they probably deserve a flag, even if it isn't true.

edit on 2-3-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Never said it shouldn't be allowed. That's censorship. A big No-No in my books.

BUT...to feed these threads which are clearly a cry for attention or as another put it, a Gubment dis-info ploy, is the issue here.

And yes, some may be true but the ones that state something and then say "Ask Me" are clearly just looking for ammo with which to reply as they know nothing of the actual claim. Let people talk long enough and they will give you what you need kinda thing.

Leak info...ok. Invite people to ask before saying anything? Nope.

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I think your missing the point as the claims of a "90 year old gabriel angel who is involved in HAARP and time travel as well as grey aliens" is more focused with role playing in fantasy than conspiracy theories and alternate news/ideas which are considered here. (AKA clearly trolls)

I understand heavy criticism of that thread. But the OP wasn't directing it solely at that thread...he was directing his rant towards ALL of them. He seemed to suggest that he thinks they are all fake.

I referenced about 30 of the recent irrationally popular threads in the past 6 months with that string of words. I think I'm in coordination with the OP in that regard.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I referenced about 30 of the recent irrationally popular threads in the past 6 months with that string of words. I think I'm in coordination with the OP in that regard.

I caught the references and yes, you are dead on with your post.

Funny as hell also...

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The I am A ..... ask me anything. threads are copies of threads from a forum (or rather a group of forums) called reddit, where they have a lot of these threads.

However on reddit you have to provide proof of who you are to the moderators of the site, for example they recently had I am Woody Harrelson ask me anything, that didn't work out too well for poor woody link
although a lot of the ask me anything threads aren't celebrities they would be things like "I am a glass blower ask me anything"

If you have never heard of reddit, it's the 66th most popular web site in the whole of the USA compared to ATS's ranking of 2200 and something

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I have never claimed to be the brightest bulb in the chandelier but when a kook comes out begging for a spanking....what can I say, it's reflex! We live in hard times and it is very easy to be lead from proper manners and decorum, just for the chance at a good ol'e guffah!

ETA : I am truly sorry for anyone I may have offended in this way, so in repentance, I willingly offer my arse to you for a good boot! I'm thick skinned anyway.

edit on 3-3-2012 by ajay59 because: to add

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Epirus

I didn't say i know everything...

But i know what i know....

And fight club rules!

I am the one who knows of such things. And the first rule of fight club is you never talk about fight club! So pppbbbtttt !!!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

You're right!!

edit on 3-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I agree -HEAR HEAR!, or, HERE HERE, or, HEAR HERE!

I think we should come up with something right here, right now!

If you see in a thread title some outrageous claim, and you know which ones I mean and those of you who start these threads you know who you are...but if you see in a thread title a claim like is mentioned here, "I Am," plus the phrase "Ask Me Anything," I don't think we should click on it unless it's uploaded in the "Short Stories" section.

No one here is Gabriel, Christ, Satan, Santa Claus, Satan Claus, etc.!

In the Gabriel thread I read the response by someone saying, paraphrasing, " It's funny those who claim I am something or another come to ATS to tell the world and not go to a News Organization." How true that is and I'm glad someone said it because I've been thinking that for some time now.

So, all in favor, of not feeding the trolls and not clicking -especially NO FLAGGING THOSE THREADS, then flag me here, flag me now!

And in the future to anyone who is going to make a Thread title with a claim like one of those, I mean, come on man! Do you REALLY think you are the entity you are claiming to be? If so, in a nice way, you may need to seek some help --ask others around you and get their opinion.

And if you're creating those threads for attention, then again I say, come on man! Surely (yes I know, and don't call me Shirley!) there are other, more productive ways in gaining attention --like inventing something that'll earn you a Peace Prize, or getting a promotion at work where everyone notices, or getting a job where everyone says, "Nice job (literally)", or something of the like. Write a poem and make a thread for that, write a song and make a thread for THAT -something besides "I am" and "Ask Me Anything!"

With all that being said: I AM...done. Go ahead -ask me anything!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I am Jesus. Yep, you heard it here first

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
All I can say is that I'm glad these fads come and go--and I can't wait for most of them to GO.

I think what's most disconcerting to me is what ATS is becoming. The count of crappy, disappointing, bizarre, and downright idiotic threads just keeps climbing. There's very little gold among all the s**t anymore.

On the brighter side: I daresay if you're the owner of the site, and selling ads based on the number of members, it's probably not nearly so bad....

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
I am Jesus. Yep, you heard it here first

Been done in a few threads...

Sorry. Maybe you are Jeebus 2.0?

Peace

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

On the brighter side: I daresay if you're the owner of the site, and selling ads based on the number of members, it's probably not nearly so bad....

Hammer...Nail...Head...Bam!

Peace

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

They were imposters
I made sure that my father smited them

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by jude11

They were imposters
I made sure that my father smited them

We've seen that thread a few times too...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join