It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Rebukes Limbaugh, Thanks woman called a "slut" and "prostitute"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

1 1000th of a penny x how many women?

She is a law school student @ Georgetown. I doubt she will live her life in poverty.
edit on 2-3-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Really?

The healthcare bill has a mandate that employers with 50 or more employees must provide health insurance or pay a fine (read tax).Individuals who do not get healthcare via their employer (all those companies with fewer than 50 employees, 1099's etc) will be required to buy insurance or pay a fine (read tax).

All people below a certain poverty line, or unemployed will be subsidized by the government so that they can get "affordable care." Tell me how we won't be paying for the 47% who already don't pay any taxes?

Please remember that we are talking about 1/6 of the US economy when we talk about healthcare...

Oh yes we will be paying, and how.

edit on 2-3-2012 by MsAphrodite because: 47%

Going to bump this up since it seems to have been missed...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Well, yeah, if that is my only choices in the matter then I guess I'll opt for the donation for this poor, (but very voracious) woman so she can keep busy, although with her libido being so high (according to the way she comes across in this article), one would think she might be needing further medical attention)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Bravo Obama...good for you. Maybe some conservatives can take some notes on how to make a statement on the issue while staying above the pettiness.

And this is the difference between liberals and conservatives.

Liberal view on women using contraception: It is their right to be able to plan their future with contraception, it is a medical issue and thus should be covered under health insurance.

Conservative view on women using contraception: They are whores and sluts who should keep their legs closed.

The same type of thinking goes for homosexuals, the poor, and immigrants.

Liberals on homosexuals: They are people too, government shouldn't rule who you should love. Their HUMAN rights should be protected.
Conservatives on homosexuals: Screw em, They are disgusting perverts and should be shamed into conforming to MY views.

Liberals on the poor: We should help people who have fallen on hard times.
Conservatives on the poor: Screw em, they are lazy idiots that just want to leech off of us.

Liberals on immigrants: We should be accepting to people who want to come here and make a better life for themselves, we should make it easier on them to come here legally.
Conservative on immigrants: Screw em...they look different, speak different, and act different than "true" Americans...we got here first...they can go back to where they came from.

I really think people who have voted Republican for decades may finally be waking up to the fact that they have been decieved to vote against their own, and fellow countrymens, interests.
edit on 2-3-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

i hear ya and i agree...

why do people vote against thier own interests, amazes me..

lol

well, i'm doing my best to be self sufficient...only way to be free

grow your own food, reduce, re-use, recycle, etc.etc.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I have spoken to 7 women this evening about this and shown them the article, and they all laughed and thought this woman was a joke, and they also don't like Rush too much, but they were siding with him on this...

Unless you were hanging out in the "Green Room" at Fox News, I don't believe you. His comments were full of false assumptions, untruths, exaggerations and lies along with unwarranted ad hominem attacks. No logical woman would agree with him on this, little alone 7.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Really?

The healthcare bill has a mandate that employers with 50 or more employees must provide health insurance or pay a fine (read tax).Individuals who do not get healthcare via their employer (all those companies with fewer than 50 employees, 1099's etc) will be required to buy insurance or pay a fine (read tax).

Funny thing...when I read "fine"...I actually read "fine"...not "tax".

You see, a "tax" is something you always pay if you meet a criteria.

A "fine" is something you pay as a penalty for not complying with a law.

Big difference.

All people below a certain poverty line, or unemployed will be subsidized by the government so that they can get "affordable care." Tell me how we won't be paying for the 47% who already don't pay any taxes?

We already do this...so no change in that department.

BUT...now these people will actually have good care...so instead of waiting until 8pm and going to the emergency room and having the cost written off (which costs us all money)...they can go to the doctors office during the day and use their insurance.

They can also get preventative care so they don't have to wait until they are about to die to go seek healthcare...which will also save money.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

1 1000th of a penny x how many women?

She is a law school student. I doubt she will live her life in poverty.

What costs more, a temporary cost of helping someone out get the pill
or 18 years of supporting a child...

You decide..your tax dollars...you chip in for a bit of contraception, or you chip in a hell of a lot more for a unwanted child...

Lets break out some calculators if we must..
And she is speaking, but don't focus in on that one particular woman...she wasn't there to ask personally for some cash, she was representing people whom have trouble making ends meet and need this bit of help
Seriously...you do know when people go in front of congress, they aren't going as individuals...right?

I mean...you do realize that....right?

my god..abandon ship!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

Well, yeah, if that is my only choices in the matter then I guess I'll opt for the donation for this poor, (but very voracious) woman so she can keep busy, although with her libido being so high (according to the way she comes across in this article), one would think she might be needing further medical attention)

You don't understand how birth control pills work...do you?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

Because I am wise enough to take a big picture view I vote for my best interests every time. I understand that free enterprise is what made this country great and I vote to preserve it. It is in my best interests to do so. I vote against entitlements that will destroy this country and destroy my opportunity to own and grow my own business. I know that this kind of thing is what is destroying the very fabric of this nation. I know that entitlements are like heroin. I know that people get trapped in the system of entitlements and they can never get out. They become dependent. I too grow as much of my own food as I can and I take care of the earth, we only have one. I know where the best future lies and it is not with entitlements and an oppressive tax structure.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Rush is completly right though, but everyone is so busy attacking the messanger and trying to be the big bad white knight saving the damsil in distres, that they dont see the facts.

Hey all you people out there, if you want to bone, then, protect yourselves! period, I dont want to pay for you to do it, whether the after effects or facilitating you to do it in the first place.

anyone who has ever had ears on this earth has heard all of the same old tired arguments, "What about rape?", or "Incest" or "Childhood prgnancy",,yea yea yea! those issues have been covered and have their own solutions, so stick to this subject, we dont want to pay for you to have sex, if you can afford to do it, then you can afford to do it safe, out of your own pocket, if not then you shouldnt be sexing but out there looking for a job.

This womans rights movement was the worst thing to ever happen to womens rights, I wish these hairy arm pit flannel wearing "We Stand for all Women" commi liberals need a solid punch in the face, I miss the old days when you could just beat a person awake, now anyone can just walk around like they know whats best for everyone else and their # dont stink and anyone who is oposit them is automaticly wrong without other having the option to kick the # out of them and show them the error of their ways.

I can wait till the reset button is pushed, a lot of these limp human know it alls, will all cower in pools of their own piss while real men and woman get things done, going to be goood times, good times indeed.

"Wait lets all be P.C. and not hurt anyones feeling even with the truth", I refer to that study that just showed that "stupid people are awlays too stupid to realize they are in fact actualy stupid", and anyone who doesnt see Rush is right, just might be one of those people. Oh and by the way I think Rush is a fat jackass, but if he is right then he is right, on this one.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

She can go to any Planned Parenthood and get free contraceptives right now.

link   

Mind telling me how much sex she is having? I don't remember her commenting on that at all..actually, I only remember Rush calling her a slut because she may or may not be having sex..or something..

The pill costs the same no matter how many times you have sex a month btw..its not like you are buying 300 packs of em per month..its one pill a day. a month supply costs around 60 bucks...and covers you no matter if you have just 1 time, or 5000 times that month...

link   

The neocons are still funding PP? Thats nice of them.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Well believe what you want, but it was my wife and 3 of her friends and my 2 sisters and my neice, who were at my house when I came home from work.. And they didn't really seem to pay attention to Rush's drivel, they just listened to the basic arguments , in other words, the points that were being presented..

There are a lot of people who cannot stand Rush, and they usually think everything he says is absurd and all lies, and they can't even stand hearing his voice for 2 seconds, and you may be one of these people which is perfectly okay with me, because I don't think Rush is anywhere near as smart as he used to be anyways...

His speech in this article today is just cannon fodder for selling all those products they sell, just like every other day....

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I even saw many women's posts about this on Yahoo, and they were all supporting Rush's side of the argument because they thought it was ludicrous for everyone else to pay for this woman's BC products just because she doesn't want to pay, or can't afford it..
I have spoken to 7 women this evening about this and shown them the article, and they all laughed and thought this woman was a joke, and they also don't like Rush too much, but they were siding with him on this...

Ok...I guess it's time to bring some reality into this thread.

www.kaiserhealthnews.org...

The other person claiming the "majority of women" don't suppor this...this is for you also.

Enjoy

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Ok with me but why should we pay for it?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Ladies & Gentlemen, just the facts.

[color=ADD8E6] ★ &
OutKast Searcher.

Well played.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

The neocons are still funding PP? Thats nice of them.

Um no the federal government is funding them. That means the tax payers BTW.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

You don't understand how birth control pills work...do you?

lol
Just read that...you summed up in one sentence what took me 2 paragraphs at the same moment.

ok..less is best...but seriously, get out of my brain!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
reply to post by RealSpoke

Ok with me but why should we pay for it?

Because sex is fun and enjoyable. And more natural than Rush Limbaugh's horizon deep water oil spill is. Do you believe that women should get pregnant each and every time they have sex? Babies born to families unwilling or unable to care for that child get financial assitance (taxes) to help with those babies. Why not offer an option to save tax payers from having to pay to raise someone elses kid?

Which costs less? A condom/pill ... or raising a child for 18 years?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join