It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Rebukes Limbaugh, Thanks woman called a "slut" and "prostitute"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

Originally posted by SaturnFX

reply to post by SaturnFX

She can go to any Planned Parenthood and get free contraceptives right now.

The neocons are still funding PP? Thats nice of them.

Um no the federal government is funding them. That means the tax payers BTW.

omg, taxpayer contraception?!!!!

nuuuuuuu!

yes, I was just making a bit of a joke considering the neos are trying to get PP defunded all together and destroy the organization.
Cause them thar womenfolk shouldn't be messin round with that thar immortal place!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Still waiting for a response to my post. I even bumped it up again to the last page...

edit on 2-3-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by alienreality
I even saw many women's posts about this on Yahoo, and they were all supporting Rush's side of the argument because they thought it was ludicrous for everyone else to pay for this woman's BC products just because she doesn't want to pay, or can't afford it..
I have spoken to 7 women this evening about this and shown them the article, and they all laughed and thought this woman was a joke, and they also don't like Rush too much, but they were siding with him on this...

Ok...I guess it's time to bring some reality into this thread.

www.kaiserhealthnews.org...

The other person claiming the "majority of women" don't suppor this...this is for you also.

Enjoy

I was never good at the maths or nothin
but
in an election year, when 63% of the country agrees with the stance of the incumbent president...what does that mean?

lets see
now..they all vote..one person, one vote
carry the 3
surely pi should be in here somewhere...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Thanks for posting that graph
Not a huge shocker, but definitely interesting and totally believable..

Although I personally would not support paying for other people's birth control, if it is or does happen, to where I could get a free "clip" I would go for it

I haven't priced a vasectomy lately, but If I could get it paid for, for me, I wouldn't complain even though I don't approve of the idea of tax payer funded things like this...

To me, It isn't a bad thing to take anything the government gives out.. The bad thing is the government giving these things out to begin with....

In other words, a lot of people hate people who are on food stamps claiming they are ruining the economy, when it is the government ruining the economy by having all of these entitlements to begin with, so their anger should be at politicians for passing these things, not the people who are accepting them.

Same with this birth control thing... Why are people in government doing these things? Is it because they really care about their constituants? or are they just using it to get more votes?......
edit on 2-3-2012 by alienreality because: edit

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Still waiting for a response to my post. I even bumped it up again to the last page...

Oh...the 47%
Right
Well, those whom cannot afford insurance will get insurance anyhow, and a kickback

They will use that to go get some preventative health care and get healthy.
Current system, those whom cant afford health insurance..go to the hospital anyhow, and uncle sam ends up taking the bill anyhow, along with the hospital trying to make ends meet (by upping the costs of a surgery). Also, when a person without insurance goes to the hospital, its usually serious and very expensive...so, a far greater bill that unkie sammah pays verses preventative medicine.

Point is, its already being paid for...this is just a logical method to overall reduce payments and get people doing more preventative health care verses wait for something to break and have to spend a fortune...

edit on 2-3-2012 by SaturnFX because: addededded sumfin

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Shhhhhhhhhh..............don't tell.

The whole idea is to make everyone see how important it is that these struggling students have the Catholic institutions they attend foot the bill for their birth control.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Shhhhhhhhhh..............don't tell.

The whole idea is to make everyone see how important it is that these struggling students have the Catholic institutions they attend foot the bill for their birth control.

Shhhhhh indeed

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Well maybe you should check the previous page again...cause I think you missed something.

I think I get to do a double
for that.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by digginforthetruth
While I don't agree with the manner in which he said it, I don't think contraception should be something thrown on the taxpayers. Why should I have to pay for it. I have been married for 10 yrs and we didn't have a kids until we were 5 yrs into it. We used condoms. We never used birth control, but even if we did, why the hell should I expect someone else to pay for it. I don't see birth control as health care. I see it as pregnancy prevention, not health care.

Women don't /just/ use birth control as a means to avoid pregnancy. I sure as hell don't. I use it to make sure I actually have a menstrual cycle every month. Without BC, my hormones go out of whack and I will sometimes go months without having a period. Birth control is a hormone medication and is a medical necessity for some women like myself.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Sorry I don't buy your logic. It is giving the federal government charge of 1/6 of the economy, plain and simple. There are much better ways to reform healthcare. When has anything taken over by the government ever reduced costs or improved efficiency, lol? This bill is a spending nightmare.

BTW, Obamacare is already destroying R&D in the pharmacy industry.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
In other words, a lot of people hate people who are on food stamps claiming they are ruining the economy,

Well, a lot of people are drooling idiots then.

Every dollar of SNAP benefits generates $1.84 in the economy in terms of economic activity. If people are able to buy a little more in the grocery store, someone has to stock it, package it, shelve it, process it, ship it. All of those are jobs. It’s the most direct stimulus you can get in the economy during these tough times.

Quick source

Best not to listen to the most dull of minds to form your world opinion I would think.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Laughing out loud so hard I actually took the time to print it out all the way instead of typing lol or lmao.

edit on 2-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Dull indeed, taxing small businesses that are barely surviving causes them to fire their employees and get by with the minimum. Jobs are destroyed by taxes and fines. Raises don't happen either.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

Ya, but Rush Limbaugh's vagina hasn't told him about this yet, so he doesn't know about such things.

Damn good point!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I dug this up, seems like Rush and I think alike.
Because Feb 25th, I wrote

I see a dangerous shift to what we'll see as "contraceptive rights".

Where someone will interpret the Constitution to include the Pill, rubbers, spermacides, and IUD's as inaliable rights.

What's next? I mean, if contraceptives bcome "rights" then having a sex partner must also be included in that as well, right?

This is just plain silly.

Great minds. . . .

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Interesting, I read that page all the way through and did not see that post until now. My apologies are of course in order and offered.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Dull indeed, taxing small businesses that are barely surviving causes them to fire their employees and get by with the minimum. Jobs are destroyed by taxes and fines. Raises don't happen either.

If a small business owner makes a business decision to hire or fire someone due to taxes...that person won't be in business very long because they don't know what they are doing.

You make hiring decisions based on one thing...if I hire one more person...will it increase my profit. Period.

If it increases your profit...the taxes don't matter...whatever is left of the increase in profit after taxes are paid is still an increase in profit.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

If a small business owner makes a business decision to hire or fire someone due to taxes...that person won't be in business very long because they don't know what they are doing.

You make hiring decisions based on one thing...if I hire one more person...will it increase my profit. Period.

If it increases your profit...the taxes don't matter...whatever is left of the increase in profit after taxes are paid is still an increase in profit.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

When has anything taken over by the government ever reduced costs or improved efficiency, lol?

this way it promotes personal responsibility.

edit on 2-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: fix link

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Sorry I don't buy your logic. It is giving the federal government charge of 1/6 of the economy, plain and simple. There are much better ways to reform healthcare. When has anything taken over by the government ever reduced costs or improved efficiency, lol? This bill is a spending nightmare.

BTW, Obamacare is already destroying R&D in the pharmacy industry.

Better ways to reform healthcare...
Yes, perhaps. Lets find out who has the best health care system and copy them
Here is a nice list...now, lets figure out exactly what they are doing so we can mirror image them.

List of best health care systems on earth

Now, to answer your second erm..statement (respond rather). We can start with the military (yes, they were actually taken over from a state to state thing to a federal thing..couple hundred years ago mind you, but point remains).
Phone service (AT&T, your only phone monopoly.)
Highways/Infrustructure for big projects like that (and railroads)
GM (see FDR and Detroit)
Space industry

Now, we could do better...but its my personal opinion that there are too many corporatists in -america- that will not allow big projects orchestrated by the government to successfully work (by corporatists, I am of course refering to the neocon culture warriors covering up corporate agenda's with nationalism jingoistic nonsense they spoonfeed to their base) "Drill hurr, Drill now" crap..yee-haw.

Lets look outside of the US and ask the same question (outside the US is a place that actually does exist..its amazing..they have land and people and all sorts..and almost half of them we don't have to bomb...yet). Lets look at the happy places on earth, like Denmark. Lets look at the amazingly progressive damn near future cities like Tokyo, etc...

Point is, Government...a non-corrupted government can do amazing things -for- the people and create a happy and productive society.
And so why are we saying government can't do jack...we should all say government is corrupt and must be replaced...do you oppose a working and transparent government doing great things for the people simply out of political decision making

aka, are you more partisan than logical?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join