It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Rebukes Limbaugh, Thanks woman called a "slut" and "prostitute"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I dug this up, seems like Rush and I think alike.
Because Feb 25th, I wrote

I see a dangerous shift to what we'll see as "contraceptive rights".

Where someone will interpret the Constitution to include the Pill, rubbers, spermacides, and IUD's as inaliable rights.

What's next? I mean, if contraceptives bcome "rights" then having a sex partner must also be included in that as well, right?

This is just plain silly.

Great minds. . . .

You know, your not fooling anyone..we know your a writer for the show.

As a brit, you should be fully on board with the contraception thing..your tiny island is all but arm to arm with people at this point.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Its Friday night
its almost midnight
I am at home talking on a conspiracy website about politics..

I just realized that I am officially old

-cries-

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Saturn, we can't "cut and paste" someone elses healthcare model into our system.

It's not that simple. It'd be like transplanting a plant from one environment to another. You needto cultivate the soil, have the same level of light, the same temperature. . . .

If we adopt a european model of healthcare, then we'd have to adopt a european model of taxation, social construct in order for that "transplanted" system to thrive.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

As a brit, you should be fully on board with the contraception thing..your tiny island is all but arm to arm with people at this point.

No. Hell, the anglican church lost it's voice for reason and sensible approach years ago.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

Dull indeed, taxing small businesses that are barely surviving causes them to fire their employees and get by with the minimum. Jobs are destroyed by taxes and fines. Raises don't happen either.

This is getting deeper (in the bs mind you about that statement), but more importantly, its somewhat in danger of drifting off topic...but nevertheless, I will respond to this.

Here is a factcheck report on it.
You can read through it and of course educate yourself.
Day Tuk R Jerbs linky
-WARNING: Reading and comprehending may have you question your programming. beware.-

In saying that.
I quite like this part:

nd the GOP is clearly pushing the "job-killer" claim. House Speaker John Boehner used the phrase "job-killing" to describe the health care law seven times on Thursday in a press conference that lasted less than 14 minutes — that’s once every 2 minutes. He also used the phrases "destroy jobs" and "destroying jobs" once each when talking about the law. Perhaps not surprisingly, the Republicans named their bill to repeal the health care law: "Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act."

Say a lie enough times, its still a goddamn lie.

You want to know where our jobs and economic possibilities are currently at?

The discussion of the economy, jobs, etc..all of that is utter BULLS---. Until tariffs are slapped so corporations bring jobs away from chinese and indian shores due to their slaves, then what we are doing is screaming about how the color of hubcaps on the car should be different to get the car running again.
No..we need to get the engine back in.

But corporations like how things are working out
Corporations have made the west little more than an eater..pay next to nothing in taxes, use outsourced labor, and cripple the entire west. So what are we the west (America) doing? We are demanding corporations have even more power.
What utter tripe...its like demanding we try to put out a fire with matchbooks and gas. I am almost offended that we, the west, are even discussing this. Have we as a nation/people/identity truely become this blind and stupid?
Yet I turn on the news and see this crap:

And it dawns on me...
Yes..we have.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
reply to post by Believer101

Ya, but Rush Limbaugh's vagina hasn't told him about this yet, so he doesn't know about such things.

Damn good point!!!!!!

Hahahha

And thank you. I know plenty of other women who use birth control as a means to regulate their hormones. Hell, my best friend, a VIRGIN, has been on birth control for 6 years because her hormones get soo messed up, she actually bleeds more in a month than she doesn't. Plus, she also has endometriosis, which the birth control helps stop it from getting out of control.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We will be a united world eventually.
You cannot deny this simple truism.
We must adapt, and hopefully adapt to the best in the system.

Right now, we are pushing (it seems) a system likened to Europe, but the alternative is what? aiming towards the bottom of the barrel? Want a somolia style health care system?

Yes, we must keep ideas in tune with realities of the differences, but if we are seeing something amazingly superior..it is in our best interest to see how much of that we can fit to our own model.

Progress comes by stepping on the ladder others built before you and improving on it..Your suggesting we ignore the ladder completely. I don't accept that type of thinking.

The Western nations are the greatest nations on earth...for now.
I think its high time we act like that...Some have, why is America not willing (or rather, several americans) to improve their standards?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
NIce try, I am not a Republican and I am certainly NOT a neocon. I support Ron Paul.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

This is so easy and so clear. We (the west especially the US) have been great for one reason, and that is free enterprise. You are advocating moving away from the very things that have made us great. This makes me question your motives.

Logic is we should move back towards what has always made us great. Innovation liberty, and progress are what have made the United States world leaders. Stifle that and you destroy the nations infrastructure. No we should never, ever become conformists and group thinkers.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

We will be a united world eventually.
You cannot deny this simple truism.
We must adapt, and hopefully adapt to the best in the system.

Agreed. We'll lose the Constitution, Bill of Rights eventually. (topic for another thread) But I agree on this point.

Right now, we are pushing (it seems) a system likened to Europe, but the alternative is what? aiming towards the bottom of the barrel? Want a somolia style health care system?

Why not adjust/fix th system and keep it to standards that are set towards the American system? Why adopt an entirely different system to accomidate the healthcare needs of the US? You wouldn't use MAC solutions to fix a PC, would you?

Yes, we must keep ideas in tune with realities of the differences, but if we are seeing something amazingly superior..it is in our best interest to see how much of that we can fit to our own model.

But what do Americans sacrifice as a result? Wha is given up, to accomidate this amazing system?

Progress comes by stepping on the ladder others built before you and improving on it..Your suggesting we ignore the ladder completely. I don't accept that type of thinking.

Not at all. Butnot all ladders are built equally. We must focus on a system that fits the parameters set by the Constitution. Not adjust the Constitution to adapt to a new system.

The Western nations are the greatest nations on earth...for now.
I think its high time we act like that...Some have, why is America not willing (or rather, several americans) to improve their standards?
Agreed. I believe there is a solution. But I also think that our current "fix" is not the right one.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
While I don't think it's the governments position to be buying anyone birth control.. I don't see anything "immoral" or wrong about it.

But the government isn't really buying anything. It's the taxpayers that will be buying it.

The question is whether there are certain personal items that people should be buying for themselves instead of expecting the public at large to be buying it for them. Health coverage is intended to compensate for treatment of illness, not to compensate for safety equipment or drugs used for daily recreational activities.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It was really wrong of him, and it was mean spirited.

But it was mean spirited of Bill Mahler to call him whale and make jokes about how he looked having sex.
I mean - how much more nasty and personal can you be?

I tend to lean left but I don't like all this meanness from ANY SIDE.
It reminds me of playground bullies that are 8 year old.

This country has a serious problem with meanness. We - the public - needs to quit putting up with it.

Rush should make a BIG personal apology to that woman.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
It was really wrong of him, and it was mean spirited.

Tone aside, he said it to prove a point. He was trying to break through the sugar-coating to tell it how it really is in plain, simple terms: "I intend to have a bunch of recreational sex and I expect the public to pay for my supplies."

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

It looks like Rush has just become the new poster boy for Obama'sCare

The fact that Sandra Fluke is actually not a "fluke" caught the Right completely off guard this time

I had suspicions when she appeared before that House Committee.
(She had that "I'm innocent please help me look on her face !)

She seems to be an activist, and I don't recall that fact being mentioned at that "hearing" last week !!

Meet The Georgetown Law Student

In reality, Fluke would not have been a very effective witness. As a student, she wouldn't even be affected by the Obama policy on employer-provided health plans. Georgetown actually offers contraception in its employee plans.

Moreover, Republicans could have easily dismissed Fluke as a feminist activist.

According to a bio on Georgetown's website, Fluke's professional background is in domestic violence and human trafficking advocacy. At Georgetown law, she is the former president of Law Students for Reproductive Justice, an editor for the Journal of Gender and the Law, and vice president of the Women's Legal Alliance. She has a bachelor's degree in Feminist, Gender & Sexuality studies from Cornell.

Under normal circumstances, this resume would make Fluke an easy target for Republicans. But Limbaugh's misogynistic vitriol has made the 30-year-old feminist virtually untouchable, and Democrats couldn't be happier.

At least they are willing to go to these great lengths to stick up for what they believe in !!

Sandra Fluke wiki

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The "spirit" of the constitution is quite simple
Life, Liberty, Pursuit of happiness.

The rest is an endless cycle of words that keeps getting amended over and over. I like the document and its intentions and keeping with the spirit of that is important.
But keep in mind, the founding fathers were not anti-fed...they were the fed. they wrote this amazing thing and planted a seed not as some group of dudes, but as a demonstration of what a government by and for the people can achieve.

It is this spirit that we should collectively work towards ensuring ourselves as the top of -all- positive lists while maintaining our personal space and liberties...its not that hard.
Taxes are fine so long as your represented...the whole no tax thing is something the originators did not say, nor believe in. your district gets represented to make sure your not being overly taxed in order to make a golden palace for a senator or something..
If people come together and say...you know, I don't like people dying on the streets..it messes up my shoes" then guess what, they tell their rep, the rep gets healthcare going, and voila...universal healthcare..taxed and implemented.
We could have many huge and glorious social programs now that make America the shining light on the hill..but instead, we have many people wanting the whole system that the founding fathers started to simply shatter and a big freaking walmart be put on that hill instead.
Where is our mars missions? Our moon colonies (yes, I actually thought the newt was right on when he said that..and only that mind you). Our tube transports? our etc etc etc (things only a massive government initiative can do)

ok, gonna stop waving the flag for a bit and deal with reality.

We have gone off topic, and are now simply spouting ideals over substance...that to me is a sign that its movie time.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Just when I thought ATS members were smart!
This Fluke woman claims to have spent over $3,000 a year on contraceptives right?
Since the pill costs about $60 a year for generic (more or less), Ms. Flukes must be talking about rubbers/condoms then.
A pack of 48 “snug” condoms at the price of $25.95 sells on www.allcondoms.com..., so Ms. Flukes’ $3,000 will buy her 115 packs of 48 snug condoms, or a total of 5,520 condoms.
Therefore, Ms. Fluke, a law student, is somehow managing to fit a total of 15 rolls in the hay a day into her busy learning schedule.
May be she is trying for the world record on "the sexual partners in a year", someone call Ron Jeremy!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

It looks like Rush has just become the new poster boy for Obama'sCare

The fact that Sandra Fluke is actually not a "fluke" caught the Right completely off guard this time

I had suspicions when she appeared before that House Committee.
(She had that "I'm innocent please help me look on her face !)

She seems to be an activist, and I don't recall that fact being mentioned at that "hearing" last week !!

Meet The Georgetown Law Student

In reality, Fluke would not have been a very effective witness. As a student, she wouldn't even be affected by the Obama policy on employer-provided health plans. Georgetown actually offers contraception in its employee plans.

Moreover, Republicans could have easily dismissed Fluke as a feminist activist.

According to a bio on Georgetown's website, Fluke's professional background is in domestic violence and human trafficking advocacy. At Georgetown law, she is the former president of Law Students for Reproductive Justice, an editor for the Journal of Gender and the Law, and vice president of the Women's Legal Alliance. She has a bachelor's degree in Feminist, Gender & Sexuality studies from Cornell.

Under normal circumstances, this resume would make Fluke an easy target for Republicans. But Limbaugh's misogynistic vitriol has made the 30-year-old feminist virtually untouchable, and Democrats couldn't be happier.

At least they are willing to go to these great lengths to stick up for what they believe in !!

Sandra Fluke wiki

I agree that she was strategicly placed. But remember, a panel of all men testified and Sandra Fluke was not allowed to speak at that Congressional Hearing. She was brought back, by Nancy Pelosi, as a rebuttal.

Leader Pelosi, Members of Congress, good morning, and thank you for calling this
hearing on women’s health and allowing me to testify on behalf of the women who
will benefit from the Affordable Care Act contraceptive coverage regulation. My
name is Sandra Fluke, and I’m a third year student at Georgetown Law, a Jesuit
school. I’m also a past president of Georgetown Law Students for Reproductive
Justice or LSRJ. I’d like to acknowledge my fellow LSRJ members and allies and
all of the student activists with us and thank them for being here today.

Here's the full transcript. abcnews.go.com...

Why wasn't the virtue and family choices of those men, who were allowed to testify before congress, not questioned and mocked?
edit on 3-3-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
According to Limbaugh’s definition, his own mother is a slut because she used birth control that she probably didn’t pay for 100% out of her own pocket. Too bad it didn't work.

counterpoints?
edit on 3-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: to be nicer.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Not really. It is the difference between looney neocon shills and everyone else.
Libertarians, liberals, and most intelligent conservative all take the same stance on birth control.
Bravo though. Praise for Obama doing nothing but a simple thanks. Thanks for clearing some things up concerning who you support.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Risqman

Just when I thought ATS members were smart!
This Fluke woman claims to have spent over $3,000 a year on contraceptives right?

Wrong

Without insurance coverage, contraception can cost a woman over $3,000 during
law school. For a lot of students who, like me, are on public interest scholarships,
that’s practically an entire summer’s salary

Since the pill costs about $60 a year for generic (more or less), Ms. Flukes must be talking about rubbers/condoms then.

A pack of 48 “snug” condoms at the price of $25.95 sells on www.allcondoms.com..., so Ms. Flukes’ $3,000 will buy her 115 packs of 48 snug condoms, or a total of 5,520 condoms.
Therefore, Ms. Fluke, a law student, is somehow managing to fit a total of 15 rolls in the hay a day into her busy learning schedule.
May be she is trying for the world record on "the sexual partners in a year", someone call Ron Jeremy!

Wrong again, try $60 per month

Another man who doesn't know how birth control works, sigh.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join