It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Rebukes Limbaugh, Thanks woman called a "slut" and "prostitute"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Not really. It is the difference between looney neocon shills and everyone else.
Libertarians, liberals, and most intelligent conservative all take the same stance on birth control.
Bravo though. Praise for Obama doing nothing but a simple thanks. Thanks for clearing some things up concerning who you support.

Neocon..."conservative"...is there a difference anymore???

And I have never hidden who I support...but I do stay on topic in threads...which is why I never discussed it in Ron Paul threads.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
A memorable quote from Ms. Fluke's testimony.

In the media lately, conservative Catholic organizations have been asking: what
did we expect when we enrolled at a Catholic school? We can only answer that we
expected women to be treated equally, to not have our school create untenable
burdens that impede our academic success. We expected that our schools would
live up to the Jesuit creed of cura personalis, to care for the whole person, by
meeting all of our medical needs. We expected that when we told our universities
of the problems this policy created for students, they would help us. We expected
that when 94% of students opposed the policy, the university would respect our
choices regarding insurance students pay for completely unsubsidized by the
university. We did not expect that women would be told in the national media that
if we wanted comprehensive insurance that met our needs, not just those of men,
we should have gone to school elsewhere, even if that meant a less prestigious
university. We refuse to pick between a quality education and our health, and weresent that, in the 2st century, anyone thinks it’s acceptable to ask us to make this choice simply because we are women

Remember, the person we are discussing was trashed by Rush Limbaugh, called a slut and a prostitute while he insisted on watching her in sex tapes. Way to distract people from what she was actually saying.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Where was all the uproar when Bill Mahr called Sarah Palin a c#nt?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Ok, this girl goes to George Town law school; very expensive college. So she wants birth control supplied by the university health care plan. which is not covered. Gosh I would think her being 30 years old she start thinking about graduating already, than worry birth control. I'm sure her parents have the funds to buy them or maybe she does.

She may have a good point though. George Town is very expensive. you think they would also have a plan that covers this; then again maybe she opted for a low pay plan that did not cover birth control. Sound like she needs to be addressing the president of the university and board of regents on this matter, not the media or any other source other than the one I mentioned.

This is nothing but a diversion attempt by the democratic party. And who started all this... George Stephanopouls, when ABC news was hosting one of the GOP debates. This sounds like a very well planned election issue to keep peoples attention away from the real election subject, (The Economy.) The Dems want you to think contraception and religion; gosh they got the pope lured into this. what does it matter anyway were all getting you know in the economy anyway. Do we really need a contraception debate, or do we ? ('
')
edit on 3-3-2012 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Because people claim it to be unnatural and all sex should lead to children. At one point it all traces back to religion. Some people consider it abortion, which is completely wrong. I feel like a business should cover birth control in their insurance the same way they include nicotine items. If someone can smoke and then get their nicotine gum covered by their employer's insurance come the time to quit, a woman should be allowed to have birth control provided to her for the same price or free to prevent pregnancy that could cost her and the company more money when she takes on more hours to support her child.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Using birth control doesn't make you a slut or a prostitute. It makes you responsible. Just because some sluts and prostitutes use it doesn't mean all women who use it are sluts and prostitutes. Politicians need to stay out of my uterus and the uteri of women everywhere. It's our business and, quite frankly, there isn't enough room for a grown man in there.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70
Where was all the uproar when Bill Mahr called Sarah Palin a c#nt?

Brilliant point.

2ND LINE, BRILLIANT POINT!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This is Rush's "Imus" moment. Remember Imus' comment about those "nappy-headed hos"? Imus was wrong then, and got his justice. Rush was wrong for his comment. People can now see what kind of person he is. He has revealed what kind of person he actually is. Anyone supporting him will do the same. Rush is losing all manner of sponsers (has lost them); people supporting him in light of all of this could lose "sponsors" in their personal lives. Listen, when a male-dominated business like an auto parts store backs away from you, you know you've crossed A HUGE LINE.

To Rush: thank you for showing your true nature.

OPERATION CHAOS FAILED.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I haven't seen the transcript, but I know that the left loves to bash this guy. I actually turned out liking him after finding out all the bashing were lies (that I had personally heard friends and family say).

It was about the time I turned to my other left so to speak

I bet if you read the transcript he doesn't use those words. But then again, he could surprise me.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This whole thread and situation makes me just sit here and sigh. Sadly, he may have advertisers pull away from him until they realize this doesn't hurt him at all. You all know the saying "There is no such thing as bad press." The fact is this, with this whole situation, he's put himself into the lime light. Right or wrong is irrelevant, he's front page news now. The people who think he's vile are going on and on about him, and the people who would agree with him, but do not currently listen will start listening to him. And each and everyone of us (myself included) is just feeding into this. Don't believe me, when I posted this, this thread was on the 10th page. Most threads have an average shelf life of 6 pages.

Keep hating his actions, or loving his actions. Either way, you're helping keep this man on top and making him rich. Is this what you really want to do?

On another note, don't you all realize this is nothing more than a mere distraction from the real crap that is going on. We still have massive unemployment. Government spending is through the roof (both sides are responsible). Our country may very well be going to war with Iran soon. Yet us, the enlightened public, can't get over the fact that some idiot who makes money on people paying attention to him called someone a sl#t. It isn't right, but is this really what we want to be paying attention to when there are so many pressing concerns. I may not post often on these boards due to the fact I usually have nothing useful to add, but I watch them on a daily basis. It makes me sad when the 'free thinkers' are getting sucked into the MSM trap that is this whole fiasco. Shame shame shame. If ATS is the last bastion of non-sheeple, then this country is FUBAR.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I was wondering if there was a iphone app listing free contraceptive locations, low and behold there is.

Google it. It will be on the first page in Google. All she had to do was download this free app for the Iphone. This women needs to take personal responsibility, and not make it the tax payers.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

It's not being thrown onto the tax payers. The misinformation campaign is working I see. Telling insurance companies that they have to cover contraception has NOTHING to do with the tax payers.

Yes it is being forced onto the taxpayers. It isn't free and will just put the taxpayers premium higher. and from page 1, who is being denied birth control and how? Rubbers are cheap, abstinence is free. If the parents can afford to pay for Georgetown, they can pay for her pills.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
You can always tell who is new here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

You're probably right when it comes to me. Maybe I was placing my hopes for the site above what it really was. And if your comment wasn't directed towards me, then ignore this post then...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger

It's not being thrown onto the tax payers. The misinformation campaign is working I see. Telling insurance companies that they have to cover contraception has NOTHING to do with the tax payers.

Yes it is being forced onto the taxpayers. It isn't free and will just put the taxpayers premium higher. and from page 1, who is being denied birth control and how? Rubbers are cheap, abstinence is free. If the parents can afford to pay for Georgetown, they can pay for her pills.

Bang On Baby!

No pun intended...but it does fit.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Listen guys, Limbaugh is the #1 radio talk show for a reason. You should just listen and find out why. There is a reason for everything, 10 million people can't all be insane. He was simply making you think, and yes I believe he did use the word "slut". Let's think about it for a sec:

A college student goes in front of congress, complaining that she has so much sex that she is going broke, on top of that she wants other people to pay for it.

What else would you call that? Why should I help her have more sex? What about gay people, should they pay for birth control pills for women? Did you know her college is 45K+ a year, she is only complaining about 1K? Open your minds, don't take everything at face value. For a conspiracy site, a lot of guys here are knee-jerk, and don't think outside the box IMHO.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Greywey

I think this has been covered many times in this thread but...

1. If you are on the pill, the most common form of birth control, you don't need to take it every time you have sex, you take it every day whether you have sex or not, fail to see how the amount of sex she has is really going to reflect the cost.

2. The pill can be used for a variety medical uses, which were also listed in page 1 or 2 i believe. Things such as heavy flow, ovarian cysts, and many other things which can be quite debilitating. Infact her testimony focused on this, referencing a story of another student she knew who couldn't afford the pill and couldn't have it covered despite it being the treatment for her ovarian cysts.

3. I'd rather someone on birth control than popping out 10 kids they can't afford. ends up costing the tax payer a hell of a lot less.

edit: also you are presuming because she goes to the college she must be rich or could easily afford the money for contraception. Maybe she is on a scholarship, maybe her parents are sending her to a good college despite hardly being able to afford it, maybe she works several jobs just to afford to live and go to the college, these are a few situations i know many people are in so don't presume.
edit on 3-3-2012 by bonnieprince because: extra information

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Oh my god, can we leave religion out of this please, god you people are just like a book I already know what your all going to say. It's pathetic.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Why would anyone want to deny women birth control?

That's not accurate. We don't want to support birth control with our own money. Having sex is not a medical emergency.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Forget for a minute the religious question and look at who wins big here: Big Pharma. This mandate is not really about condoms or generic versions of “the pill,” which are available free or cheap in lots of places. This is about brand-name birth control drugs and other devices that some consumers swear off because they are too expensive. The Health and Human Servicesmandate requires health insurance compaanies provide contraceptive coverage for all FDA approved contraceptive methods. It does not insist on generics. And it does not offer any cost containment!

The mandate prevents health insurance companies from having copays or deductibles for the benefit. This is the perfect set up for big pharma. Since the drugs will be paid for by a third party (insurance companies, who will pass the cost on to employers and the rest of us), the consumer won’t worry about the price. expensive brand names will no doubt see demand rise.

Back in 2009, many people were surprised when bbig pharma came out in favor of obama’s health care reform bill. The industry spent millions running television ads in favor of the law and industry lobbyists pushed hard for it. One important reason they did so was the promise that with the new law they would have a new market of millions of new customers. The contraceptive mandate is only the beginning
edit on 3-3-2012 by bo12au because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join