It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silence Gun: Strange weapon of the future immediately quiets you, whether you like it or not

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I am peaked about the app idea. Is there a way to try a home version of this? A mic and software, maybe we can practice to adapt and shrug this tech off. Try some freaky effects like screaming Ohm! Play some binural beats man.
Silliness aside, all these technologies that are being made to take away our rights and make us angry or scared. Finding the right hack to these technologies and turning the tables will cause THEM fear.
Something tells me that a true revolution would be one where we become unpredictable, playing with opposites. Playing on the psyche of the ones who find comfort in controlling others. Besides if 40 million Indians can show up demanding a change, expand that globally. We can just by sheer numbers and being absolutely silent make all the statements about power, control, freedom and change that is needed. Make a date when the 99.9% stand still and watch the reaction, like in chemistry, reverse.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LeonoraTenen

Thank you for reading...finally...an intelligent rebuttal.

I just wanted people to take it beyond what is presented. My logic is, if they are saying "we have a device that can shut you up" I was trying to encourage people to think outside of the box. TPTB are telling us something, but not telling it ALL. Anything involving lasers to me, is involving a potential for the tech to be more than they are letting on hence why I want to explore the topic further.

Brain waves are nothing to scoff at, especially when we all know they are looking at some tech to quell the protesting masses to justify force.

The news title should scare everybody "Silence Gun: Strange weapon of the future immediately quiets you, whether you like it or not". There is more there gang. Now lets solve the mystery! And give the lamens some scooby snacks.

Again. Thank you.

edit on 3-3-2012 by ArchPlayer because: Every time somebody listens to Lil Wayne a book commits suicide loudly.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
this is a godsend to married civilians world wide

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
this is a godsend to married civilians world wide

If's:

1. If you perused the thread, you would notice that joke has occurred to at least 10 people so far.
2. If I had a nickel for every ATS username that sounds like a pseudo-masonic Dn'D handle or a Transformers/Matrix character name rip-off... my last name would be Rockefeller.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I need one of these for my first and third ex wives

But sadly I will just have to put up with them.
edit on 3-3-2012 by ga-`tv-gi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Use of this against the basic employer group of any free country, and fasicsm is illegal it violates basic common laws and virtues against harming others, is TREASON. The people are the employer group.

I would not advocate protests, phone calls or letters But letting them know they have exaclty 1 day to vacate their positions or they will be hauled out. So hopefully they never plan to employ this.

Obviously this is what happened to the reporters who's voices were scrambled.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
In the general public I can see this messing with free speech.

As a student having been in a number of classes where the Professors are to scared to tell the waste of space idiots to shut up I can see a use for this.

We talked about "Ways of Seeing" by Berger(sp) at least 2x a week in class.
One idiot kept saying Burgers I want some Burger King every freaking time the Authors name was brought up.
It got to the point where the professor would say "take out your thinnest book" that stopped the idiot for a few classes until he realized that our thinnest book meant it was time to make a Burger King comment.
It was more than just that he would ramble on and on about anything just to slow class down.

Every student who spoke up was booed down my has friends even called racists and followed after class and harassed, the Professor had no control.

Free speech is universal, but there is a time and a place for it.
At other times people need to STFU!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia
We talked about "Ways of Seeing" by Berger(sp) at least 2x a week in class.
One idiot kept saying Burgers I want some Burger King every freaking time the Authors name was brought up.
It got to the point where the professor would say "take out your thinnest book" that stopped the idiot for a few classes until he realized that our thinnest book meant it was time to make a Burger King comment.
It was more than just that he would ramble on and on about anything just to slow class down.

Every student who spoke up was booed down by his friends even called racists and followed after class and harassed, the Professor had no control.

That is disturbing! I can't stand when *certain* (I'm not saying all or "pre-judging" which) minority groups... usually young men with teen angst, (or pre/post-teen) pull the race card and use accusations of racism to get away with something when they are in the wrong... It's a big reason for the worst and most common problems of all heavily populated cities.

But regardless, I see what you are saying, it's just that it's a question of how invasive people can be to take away your right to speech and if it will be abused if it's created and just create one more pitfall/weapon for people to use to destroy themselves.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I am not sure which side I am on with this kind of development.

I foresee a time when the poor will be submitted to this kind of policing. If you can imagine yourself relaxing in your home when a machine comes floating to the side of your house. You'd be lucky to hear the sound of a lawn mower before its arrival, but the countless flash-lights shining through your windows will be a dead give-away. Your neighbors won't hear you scream, because your voice won't work. Your arms will raise themselves into an arrest position. You realize the machine is scanning your body from the outside of your home while you are completely frozen. If you are deemed the target you will be compelled to open your front door.

Maybe the higher-ups are calculating how much resistance they will encounter at this stage of society. If they encounter too much resistance...well I can see several distractions placed, so that the average citizen couldn't careless about these kind of advancements. They are testing us to see how we would react when the world is relatively calm.
edit on 3-3-2012 by MasterAndMargarita because: Bad format

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

edit on 3-3-2012 by MasterAndMargarita because: Duplicate

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emeraldous
reply to post by SunnyDee

I am peaked about the app idea. Is there a way to try a home version of this? A mic and software, maybe we can practice to adapt and shrug this tech off. Try some freaky effects like screaming Ohm! Play some binural beats man.
Silliness aside, all these technologies that are being made to take away our rights and make us angry or scared. Finding the right hack to these technologies and turning the tables will cause THEM fear.
Something tells me that a true revolution would be one where we become unpredictable, playing with opposites. Playing on the psyche of the ones who find comfort in controlling others. Besides if 40 million Indians can show up demanding a change, expand that globally. We can just by sheer numbers and being absolutely silent make all the statements about power, control, freedom and change that is needed. Make a date when the 99.9% stand still and watch the reaction, like in chemistry, reverse.

My smartphone App idea was sillyness, but you got my point!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Imagine all the control freak teachers getting a hold of these

Or mall cops
Where can I get one. It would be nice to shut the Bum-Animals up in San Francisco so I can sleep a full night without having to hear them howl like howler monkeys all night long.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This tech will be installed covertly in all televisions,...then the plan will be complete...muhahhhahah!!! Remember Halloween 3?

...I'm not kidding... Muhaahahahh!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This should be built into telephones.

"Hi, do you have some time to talk about double glazing.."
*activates the shutup button*
"Ha........*silence*....*dialtone*"

Please do it... PLEASE...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndMargarita

Never thought of it from that angle...but scary in theory.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

I'm glad that I'm Deaf then. It won't have much effect if I read the article correctly.

Still, this should not even exist.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
It says the "gun" attempts to confuse your brain by off-setting synchronization of speech and hearing. Well, I feel that if someone was already aware that this would happen could just keep shouting and over-power their brain with willpower easily.

Just keep shouting.
edit on 2-3-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: Typo.

They must of used this on G.W. Bush when he was in office

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I would be flattered by such experimentation.....

you have all the luck... makes me feel unimportant....

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Maybe it could be used to defuse a suicide bomber.

"ALLAH AK........."

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Some people still aren't getting the fact that this has nothing to do with messing with your brain waves,it just exploits a very basic psycho acoustic phenomenon that temporarily corrupts the brains auditory feedback system.

A similar effect to effectively silence people (or objects/machinery) can be done using phase cancellation.Used with some success for housing estates that were troubled by noise from the fans in big cooling towers,a microphone picks up the noise from them close to the towers and is re-transmitted from PA speakers close to the houses but put out of phase by 180 deg.A difficult effect to describe in words,but if you use DSP to measure the exact arrival times of the sounds and manipulate the phase shift by the amount needed to effectively cancel them out completely,it works surprisingly well.
A similar thing is most noticeable in cars with more than one subwoofer in them,get them out of phase (one moves out as the other one moves in) and you get no bass at all because they cancel each other out,get them in phase and the bass comes back agaain.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join