It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silence Gun: Strange weapon of the future immediately quiets you, whether you like it or not

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

So the noise cancelling headphones then

2nd

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Yes,just a long winded way of saying noise cancelling.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I think you need to re-read the original report. Its not noise cancelling at all. They are not recording the sound, inverting it and playing it back so there is a destructive wave effect.

They are playing the sound back without alteration,juist 0.2seconds after they've spoken it, which confuses the brains audio/language center, and makes it very difficult for them to continue talking, so they shut up.

Its a psychological effect, not a physical one.
edit on 4/3/2012 by BMorris because: Typo correction

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I want one! If anyone has worked on a movie set then you know that when the AD calls rolling, there is always one! One parent, or grip, or background actor that just won't shut up! These types of people RUIN the perfect shot, or they ruin the 45 seconds of background noise, 22.5 seconds in! LMAO They get one chance.....then out comes the silence gun! YAY!

seriously though, some people need this gun pointed at them all day, every day! These people know who they are! They spout out bull and lies everyday. most politicians need this to just shut them up.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
In China they have a guy at all the meetings and in the library with a bamboo stick. His silence stick is just as effective and much cheaper.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BMorris
I think you need to re-read the original report. Its not noise cancelling at all. They are not recording the sound, inverting it and playing it back so there is a destructive wave effect.

They are playing the sound back without alteration,juist 0.2seconds after they've spoken it, which confuses the brains audio/language center, and makes it very difficult for them to continue talking, so they shut up.

Its a psychological effect, not a physical one.
edit on 4/3/2012 by BMorris because: Typo correction

I did read all of it,and if you read back to my post on page 6 you'll see that I said just about all of what you said above.
I was talking about other ways of making sounds inaudible on this page just to try to further educate people when stuff like this is nothing to do with brainwaves or similar mumbo jumbo.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
They need to use these on reality tv since it's pointless yip-yap anyway.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis
They need to use these on reality tv since it's pointless yip-yap anyway.

ooo use them on talk shows, and even cable tv interview shows when the person being interviewed won't shut up long enough to be asked a question.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

This was posted on wired today. Interesting.

Two Japanese researchers recently introduced a prototype for a device they call a SpeechJammer that can literally “jam” someone’s voice — effectively stopping them from talking. Now they’ve released a video of the device in action.

Source

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchPlayer

Hi,

Silence Gun: Strange weapon of the future immediately quiets you, whether you like it or not

We've had one of those for years! Its called an

ATS MOD

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchPlayer

Did you actually read the artical? All it does is cause an echo. This is very common with cellphones. It cant actually make you be quite.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
I'll tell you one thing.

If I was in a library, or wherever, and somebody pointed this device at me, I would walk up to the person, take this device, and promptly smash them over the head with it.

I'm quite serious.

Hahaha...I would do this too.

Im running over scenarios in my head....

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join