It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silence Gun: Strange weapon of the future immediately quiets you, whether you like it or not

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think using this device qualifies as assualt. Grabbing it and smashing it over the users head should be regarded as self-defence.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LeonoraTenen

yea.. was the first thing that came to mind..

still creepy

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Oh that .. I know the effect when you speak to someone over the phone and they have their speakers on and you hear yourself talking with a second delay. Drives me mad when that happens. But I doubt it will make people stop yelling ?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My .45 will silence someone quickly also.
The tech isn't so new.....

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchPlayer

Oooh pooh I need one I would shoot my wife right now and during every movie I try to watch in peace with her

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well Us Ron Paul supporters have done it now...why doesnt Obama strike out against this crap and make me like him again.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

LOL it only makes you stutter your words for something like.100 micro seconds. It can never really be improved upon either unless the brain is implanted with a device.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
While many are fascinated by such a weapon, we could have already seen what it does to people when effected by such a weapon.

A while back there were multiple incidents where media types on television began suddenly speaking gibberish on live TV.

Looking back at those reports of those media types suddenly talking gibberish could have been the actual test subjects of such a new weapon that effects your speech and what you say when you say it.

Such a weapon, could now explain the speaking gibberish mystery, that perhaps such TV types were all remotely targeted to test just how well such a weapon works. Since it works better than we knew, it now has come out of the shadows and is being discussed as if those tests that caused all those media speaking gibberish incidents were good enough to roll out the technology to all those that could use to stop unwanted speech.

I just wanted to mention and remind everyone that those media types talking gibberish could now be perhaps explained as to why they were speaking as they were.

Since this is pure speculation, I am only applying my memory of such media types speaking gibberish and associating its reported effects on those media types that creates such a stir when they were recorded a number of times being effected by something that effected their ability to speak and form words.

I thought this matter should be considered as a possible explanation.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack
A while back there were multiple incidents where media types on television began suddenly speaking gibberish on live TV.

... media types suddenly talking gibberish ...

.. TV types... media speaking gibberish...

... remind everyone that those media types talking gibberish ...

... my memory of such media types speaking gibberish ... on those media types ...

If only people would read the thread at all.. instead of seeing the first post and hitting reply immediately.

This was said and suggested already about 3-4 times and then you repeated the same thought over and over (like 5 times) in your post. Are you sure you're not gibberish controlled?

Makes for a pretty dull conversation when nobody pays attention to what each other are saying. Just logging on for a second to nail a slugger and then tune back out, never to return. Seems these busy threads are like that. Which makes them feel more like a classic bulletin board instead of a discussion forum where ideas go back and forth.

edit on 2-3-2012 by LeonoraTenen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Can you imagine a room full of protesters at a politcal rally that suddenly all start speaking gibberish? If this becomes a real weapon, protestors will talk through it, crazy sounding and all/, It would not take long for them to stop using it, that is, if we still live in a constitutional society.

Don't worry about this. If it becomes commonplace we will certainly be worrying about much bigger issues.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Sounds like someone has tapped into the Bene Gesserit use of VOICE.

Dune is the first word of my second line.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The most frustrating part is that there are real legitimate technological needs in our world from pollution to energy and instead those with the skill and capability build a silence gun that "librarians can use."

Although several other posters have touched upon this, I do wonder about potential side effects. I know the article states no physical harm can be caused, but would it be a stretch to say that psychological harm is possible?

Also, kudos to the person who posted about similar experiences when recording in the music industry. It was interesting to read.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Maybe its the sci-fi person in me, but I'm more convinced there is much more to this on the effects of the human brain than meets the eye. If you can create a weapon to make people speak gibberish, that is directly affecting the brain, point blank. The brain isn't communicating with the rest of your system in a normal way and the neurological long term effects are NOT discussed.

Saying this is just a device at face value is like saying GMO foods are healthy for humans to consume since they are already in 80% or more of the food supply and nobody has been proven to die from too much frakenfood.

I'm trying to think outside of the box here. We can't find technology to clean up that mess in the Pacific or the Gulf, but the tech is out there for people to point a futuristic silence gun and distrupt brain waves to make you sound as if you are schizo.

The legal implications of arrest and further torturing should be examined.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
This weapon will never be an issue because of the simple way to render it useless. Wear ear plugs. If you can´t hear the feedback it won´t mess with your brain.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I know a great place to test it out.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It doesn't mess with your brain waves or actually stop you talking.

It plays back what you are saying a veruy short time afterward, so you get an annoying echo of yourself, making it hard to focus on what you are saying.

You can do this yourself using windows sound recorder and enabling 'Listen To This Device' in Windows 7 sound control panel.

In Windows XP it's Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Device volume, Advanced. Under Microphone, uncheck the Mute button.

Try it and you will see exactly how this 'gun' works.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Be that as it may-this weapon,if ever put into use,would be a grotesque Human Rights violation..honestly,every time i think that nothing could surprise me anymore-i see something like this.Now,consider(like another member mentioned earlier in this thread) what would happen if used on a crowd of protesters? These folks are aready p-off enough to get off their asses+actualy start doing something about their grievances-then this weapon is used to debilitate their non-violent and god-given,basic human right to voice their dissatisfaction..Well,they will get mad as hell,totaly irate,as is only normal+understandable-and most likely become violent-giving TPTB and their agencies like the police and army,free reign-to hit back with superior violence,detainment,or maybe even eventualy, a ride on on a cattle-truck..Even in civilian life,its use can only beget strife+most likely violence.If sometime used that on me,he/she gonna be realy sorry they got out of bed that day,use it against my kids,you better have first-rate Medical Insurance..easy-peasy for TPTB to get an employee to use it to provoke violence from individuals that they want a legitimate excuse for, to lock up.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It is interesting as well as disconcerting. a perfect way to disrupt a good conversation with a supposedly girl friend.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I think I have a solution....
Earplugs anyone?

reply to post by bastardo

Ahhhh you beat me to it!
Or was I really trying a cyber form of this tech??

edit on 3-3-2012 by g146541 because: cyberjamming

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Got a demonstration for u guys if you've not seen it in practice yet

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join