It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silence Gun: Strange weapon of the future immediately quiets you, whether you like it or not

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by YodleAjax
www.youtube.com...
Got a demonstration for u guys if you've not seen it in practice yet

The device is real and works but the stuff about strokes and seizures bit seems so far to be completly unfounded.

The US have been experimenting with sonic weapons, one of wich looks like a gray panel tha they can put on drones, and aim very accuratly or use a crowd mode for a normal loud speaker.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
As well as plugging your ears, what about covering your mouth?
If the point of interest is your mouth, and it is a very directional microphone.?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
As well as plugging your ears, what about covering your mouth?
If the point of interest is your mouth, and it is a very directional microphone.?

I guess a clear plastic cover would stop it working but you also wouldnt be talking very loudly in the first place

Like a weed wacker helmet, or somthing.

HOwever the using noise cancling headphones would certinly work way better to help reduce the effect, but might be hard to consentrate on what your say too.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

If you aren´t talking there would be no reason to use the weapon, or do you mean covering your mouth while talking?

I don´t see how that would change anything.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

Yeah just covering your mouth and speaking.
A directional microphone, gathers sound from a point rather than ambient sound.
This jammer utilizes a laser pointer, which leads me to believe the mic is very directional.
If you cover the point of aim, it may just pick up mumbles or nothing at all.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Ok, I see what you mean but I don´t think that would work. If people could hear you talking clearly while you cover your mouth, the device could still find the source, I think.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well this would not work on politicians, as they don't use their brain to produce the crap that comes out of their mouths.

Plus it would be great, when a long winded speaker would not shut up and everyone was quite for fear of being shot, then someone lets off a giant unstoppable long winded fart.

This thing will never be practical, people would plan to say only one word in groups to get past this. This is like stupid technology. This is stupid ideal it's a lie, it would have to cause sever pain to work.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 persons plan in advance to get point across.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchPlayer

This really is not a great invention at all IMO.

What right does someone have to use something like this? Surely a lot of cases will be bought to Court!!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Given the in-ear monitor systems that reporters use it is quite likely that they were just experiencing a delay between speaking and hearing what they just said. Live tv uses a 5 second delay as I understand.
Maybe it was just a simple technical glitch that gave them a delay in hearing what they were saying.

No secret tests, just some audio technicians error or perhaps even one playing a dirty joke on them?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Or security guards at a club who don't feel like communicating with a drunk patron.

It obviously wouldn't work on a drunk person. They don't know what they are saying anyway, so the gun echoing back their blabbering voice wouldn't confuse them any further!

You can achieve the same effect by instantly repeating what a person is saying next and shout it back at them as they have said it.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It makes me a little uncomfortable knowing someone could silence me with a gun... I don't like the idea possibly getting into the hands of law enforcement or government agencies.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I can think of a few good uses for this.

Can I buy one to use on my kids?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
God these replies are getting dumb & dumber...
This isn't YouTube people.

Derrrrrrrr, they may be able to shut your mouth sound off, but you can still let out a really LOUD fart like Clint Eastwood... JAJAJAJAJA whoot wooot... Mitt Santorum 2020...

Go Bearsssssss.. They could just get a polish ssssauauauasage stuck in my aorta... that'd silence me DERRRR!!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

WHAT WILL WE DO IF THE BAD GUYS MAKE US NOT TALKS OH NOES

Seriously all it is, a mic, a speaker, and a simply circuit board with a delay.

My unborn child could make this.

The fact is, it wouldn't work that well looking deeper into it, humans do have the ability to ignore things.

Have you ever seen a kid plug their ears and scream what they want to say?

Same principle would apply here. The brain hack is only going to work on simple minded people.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Im trying to work out when would be a good time to use this device to basicly snipe somones voice, baring their ability to keep the dot on the person of course.

People rallying a potential riot crowd or somthing?

Does it still work if they are using a megaphone or does that just make it way worse (heheheh)

Seriously, besides a "fun" gadget for messing around with, because you can. What actual situation would it be used?!

edit on 3-3-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The theory behind the device is ingenious I can't argue with that, but the fact is it is not as powerful as people are making it out to be.

It just a simple computer, that does simple things with simple electrical signals.

Yes your brain would have a hard time discerning between speaking and hearing, but only if we allow ourselves to focus on hearing and not speaking.

That is determined by your character.

Some people stop talking if themselves and another start at the same time...to listen.

...others, ignore and continue talking until the finish...rudely sometimes.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
A lot of you people are missing what I said in my last post.

If the tech is there for this, then the tech is there for sonic engineering to truly mess with our brain waves. Quit passing this off as "a thing my unborn child could make" or "this isn't youtube people....you can still fart" and some of the other retarded commentary I've seen.

The fact of the matter is, if they can show us this simple tech, then there is going to be something MORE powerful that can truly disrupt the way our brain processes thought as well as sound.

And as a few other posters said, a crowd of pissed off protesters being taunted into gibberish can unleash within the legal ramnifications of the law police to act in a major violent manner. Especially a crowd of bumbling mumbling idiots who really are going to go ape # when they start hearing a delayed feedback that is NOT related to having a mic in their ear like reporters.

My point was WE SHOULD be concerned about this tech as there is more than meets the eye. Designs like this should concern us all as there are obviously sonic devices created as well as existing that can trigger any type of spasm in the brain cortex by altering the way the brain processes information. Is it the silence gun, no. Is it the silence gun 2.0.....THAT is what we should be hypothesizing on.

Waiting until they reveal the tech is WAY TOO LATE to talk about devices bringing on seizures or schizo attacks. I don't know about SOME of you, but I really ain't to comfortable with the military, let alone the local police, being stocked with any of this.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchPlayer

If the tech is there for this, then the tech is there for sonic engineering to truly mess with our brain waves. Quit passing this off as "a thing my unborn child could make" or "this isn't youtube people....you can still fart" and some of the other retarded commentary I've seen.

I appreciate you being involved here, however don't insult my intelligence Sir.

In fact your post could be considered redundant and ignorant seeing as you call my thoughts on this simple piece of tech "retarded," IN WHICH YOU AGREE TO IT BEING SIMPLE, obviously seeing that is your groundwork for the THERE WILL BE BIGGER AND BETTER TECH.

No duh sir no duh.

You would be wise to use the proper term ignorant, seeing is retard is rather insulting.

Better yet yo you'd be smart to check yoself
edit on 3-3-2012 by sykonot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchPlayer

Nobody is reading anyone else's posts... the thread has gone to ludicrous speed where nobody pays any attention to anyone else. May as well give up.. doesn't seem like Sykonot's trying to have an intelligent conversation.

I'm an audio professional and every single one of the "delay" type devices brought up so far, would not work and are total BS. I have been dealing with digital recording latency for like 15 years or more and it will not stop someone from talking.. and no you can't just yell back what someone's saying and shut them up.

This discussion has devolved into 5th grade garbage. C'mon people!!! Put your effin thinking caps on here!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Oh man, this is one more example of science gone wrong.

BUt this means is can also be sure to disrupt any kind of meeting, as well as despots while they make speeches... interesting!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join