It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of young entitled people discussing with Judge Judy why they get free rent

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Link to video is here

Video shows Judge Judy deciding a case where one plaintiff is claiming man owes her rent for a time when they shared an apartment. After establishing that he is getting $437 a month from the Gov to cover his rent she asked him if he did not give money to plaintiff for rent, what did he do with the money. He said he spent it on himself. The agreement was that she would pay the rent because she was 30 and he was 21, and his contribution was just being there.

Then Judge Judy asks plaintiff whether she in fact paid the rent that she is requesting to be reimbursed for. She answers that she in fact did not pay for Oct, Nov or Dec rent either.

Case is dismissed.

Judge states "send this tape to congress".

Stunning. There are a whole bunch of young, entitled kids out there, living off the Gov. If this is the case, it could not end well for us.

Mods, no idea where this one should go. Please feel free to move it to the best place.

K
edit on 1-3-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
know what im saying

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
she does not mess around. lol

i used to watch reruns of her show just to see her tear people down

click here for a good laugh
www.realmofdarkness.net...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

Yup,

She is a hoot. Good link, thanks.

K

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Not only that, the defendant was getting $20,000+ for his tuition a year so he can study music. Government money being wasted on this loser so he can get a music degree and pursue a career in what? Plus grants, a rent allowance, ect.. No wonder why this country is broke.

I am all for government aide for college tuition, but they should be paying for degrees our society needs. I love music but this guy has been given over $70,000 in government aide so he can study music.

I have a background in avionics from the Navy and I can't get a penny of free money from the government to pursue an Electronics Engineering degree and I already have over 100 college credits. Maybe I should re-apply for aide after I switch my major to Music studies.

This is exactly what is wrong with my generation and our government does enable this kind of waste.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Meanwhile, I'm 22 and bust my ass at a job that doesn't pay #, can't get any financial aid for school, and drive a beater.

I wish I was a minority. Free school, free rent, free food, free car.... They have it made in the *SNIP* shade.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/1/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

This video really pissed me off.

I work 2 jobs in order put myself through college because my teacher's aid mother and non-union construction worker father can't even afford to give me gas money to commute to class. I sit in class every day with parasites of society like the scum in this video, who basically go to school for free on the taxpayers dime while I'm denied financial aid because I didn't check Hispanic in the box when applying.

I have to work overtime this week because apparently I owe $300 dollars on my tax bill.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Well, what worked for me was finding a big company to work for with tuition assistance (TRW).

I got through it, BSEE, back to working as a tech though to survive. I like the work, and it is my old Navy skills, not my BSEE that won me the job.

TRW tightened up the whole tuition assist thing after I finished. And a year after I finished, they had paid my tuition, about $5000 twice a year for years, they laid me off. THey paid all this money to train me, and then discard me.

And then I am getting calls from them, how do we test this, how do we do that, for a F^@$#*& year... Dan told me the mucky mucks wanted this thing tested, can't we get Kawika to do it? Oh, we forgot, we laid him off....

Crazy. Big companies are crazy.

But the Navy was great. No regrets. Fair winds shipmate. I really miss the 80's

K

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Samsquanch

Well, I actually like working overtime, now. But school is over for me now. Still spending time studying though, need to pass my PE test. Passed the FE, have to pass the PE.

It was hard to go to school and hold down a job, and take the kids camping, and get proper exercise... But I did it.

The kids now, maybe not so much.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I am doing my general education classes at a community college. I think most of the people that go there are just simply going there for something to do. You see the same people down there ALL the time in the rec hall. I don't even know when they would be able to go to class. Needless to say, I'm sure 90% of them won't amount to # anyway.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have seen this personally. A receiver of a "generous" stipend that takes said money and uses it for purposes other than what it is intended for. In my viewing pleasure, I have seen this person get money for her children to eat upon and rent paid for her, as well as 2/3 of the total of all bills, all paid for by my taxes on behalf of my *grumble* government. Meanwhile, behind the scenes, this person has a $35,000 SUV, kids have 2 xboxes, 2 Wii's, 4 Nintendo DS's, 2 recently bought top-of-the-line laptops, amongst other various and numerous unnecessary things. And she BRAGS about it....

Now, as I sit here and write this, I own a car worth less than $1,500, have to pay for my own college courses (including books, fees, etc), clothes are shoddy and worn because my children get their clothes before me (no question), am working off a computer I had to build with various parts because I can't afford to just go buy the latest and greatest PC, and have to work double-shifts just to make sure my family has more than just ramen, eggs, and toast on the table.

Here's the kicker: I make HALF of what the former person makes in wages. H A L F.

I truly, sincerely, and heartfelt pray that the Honorable Judge Judy Sheindlin really does send that tape to Congress. But better yet, send it to all levels of government nationwide. Show the states, counties, cities, and townships just where our taxes go to and how they are being used. The system that reviews these cases should work 200% harder to justify the cause and yet still, keep track of all cases to see how they are developing. This welfare system needs a complete overhaul.

I'm saddened and appalled that this exists, but overjoyed that it ended up on national TV.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
Meanwhile, I'm 22 and bust my ass at a job that doesn't pay #, can't get any financial aid for school, and drive a beater.

I wish I was a minority. Free school, free rent, free food, free car.... They have it made in the mother#ing shade.

Guess what young sir? A lot of minorities deal with those same issues! You are not alone, nor are you special.

stop bitching and moaning kid, you sound ignorant.

I never thought that I would see the day when you have white folks wishing that they were minorities
This is what happens when Americans stand idly by and allow the wealthy elite to run rampant, thinking that everything is cool...guess what? In the end, EVERYONE got *SNIP*!! Stop bitching!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/1/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DrogusStillwater

Great post. Thanks for writing.

Hard to believe but they must be out there.

Wifey works at a drug store and she see's people in there spending Gov money, in CA they get a card that looks like a credit card. So there is no embarrassment of the gov food stamp coupons. Sometimes card is out of money, then she sees them pull out a huge wad of cash to pay.

K

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Don't think being a minority has anything to do with it.

And these folks are proud to stand on their own feet. Not wishing for a handout.

Thanks for posting though.

K

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

The above poster said that he "wished he was a minority" because he is delusional enough to believe that somehow his life would be easier if his identity and or ethnicity changed, which is a load of whiny bull#.

There are many, many minorities that go through what the young poster above is complaining about, and they do so without help just like the young poster. What he said was bloody ignorant.

edit on 1-3-2012 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
Guess what young sir? A lot of minorities deal with those same issues! You are not alone, nor are you special.

stop bitching and moaning kid, you sound ignorant.

I never thought that I would see the day when you have white folks wishing that they were minorities
This is what happens when Americans stand idly by and allow the wealthy elite to run rampant, thinking that everything is cool...guess what? In the end, EVERYONE got #ed up the ass!!! Stop bitching!

You must be one of the ones I bust my ass to support. It's cool though, I'll work some overtime this month so you can get that new TV.

P.S.- The "I wish I was a minority" comment was sarcasm.
edit on 3/1/2012 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Thanks, sometimes I wish I was still in the Navy.

My brother's girlfriend works at Publix and gets frustrated because of people are using their EBT cash allowance to buy booze and cigarettes. Also it isn't uncommon for someone to run out of food funds on their EBT and have no problem paying the rest of the balance because they have a wad of $100s on them.

The system is broken that is for sure.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
I support myself, you racist piece of #. And I am not "one of those".

I love how there is supposed to be an end to hate speech on this fraudulent forum, yet everyday the klansmen continue to spread their ignorance

And you're 22 years old working at a #ty job. You aren't delusional enough to believe that you're supporting anyone, do you?

...and so it begins. You know minorities are the only ones keeping racism alive, right? I wasn't being racist, yet here you are ready and willing to whip out the race card not once but twice. Brilliant. Top that off with a few personal attacks, and I think you're really starting to look like the mature one! You call me the "ignorant" one (you overuse that word, btw).

Also #ty job doesn't mean #ty payingjob.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Not only that, the defendant was getting $20,000+ for his tuition a year so he can study music. Government money being wasted on this loser so he can get a music degree and pursue a career in what? Plus grants, a rent allowance, ect.. No wonder why this country is broke.

I am all for government aide for college tuition, but they should be paying for degrees our society needs. I love music but this guy has been given over $70,000 in government aide so he can study music.

70 K? What school is he going to?
I doubt the guy will finish. Upper level studies in music are difficult and not what you would expect. Most collegiate courses are classical in nature. If he is studying music business or production he can go on to record or work sound for a TV studio, concert setup, etc. Most people who get degrees in music go on to grad school (where they can study medicine or law, surprisingly the statistics show music majors get accepted more than pre-med students.) or get a job in a field unrelated to their major. I study music and plan to perform and teach.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join