It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of young entitled people discussing with Judge Judy why they get free rent

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Reminds me of people who get $150 in food stamps and buy cola, chips, chocolate, sugar drinks, etc. 125 pounds later they need serious health insurance for checkups and $175 in food stamps (they're starving).

If they're lucky they won't need meds to compensate for lack of exercise and good health.

Hey, a person has to get fat and into the hospital. It's america, land of the fat people.
edit on 1-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

Originally posted by jrod

I have a background in avionics from the Navy and I can't get a penny of free money from the government to pursue an Electronics Engineering degree and I already have over 100 college credits. Maybe I should re-apply for aide after I switch my major to Music studies.

This is exactly what is wrong with my generation and our government does enable this kind of waste.

you sound a little bitter. just because you couldn't get a free loan, don't begrudge a fellow citizen who is playing the game better than you.

he hasn't done anything illegal.

I AM angry about the real problem. It is pefectly stated by the attitude that is ruining this nation:

you sound a little bitter. just because you couldn't get a free loan, don't begrudge a fellow citizen who is playing the game better than you. he hasn't done anything illegal.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
college is a waste of time and money anyway...

there is a new hire where i work, she has a masters degree, and she is working at my job making $12 an hour...a college degree isnt what it used to be anymore, i laugh when i see all these people bragging about the fact they are going to college like if it automatically makes you superior to others

college and pretty much school, is one big money making JOKE.

you cant learn common sense in college, a big trait needed to survive in the REAL WORLD...because ladies and gentlemen without common sense and some street smarts, this world will tear you appart..

now with online classes the notion of a college degree, has fallen into the G.E.D category, just drop out of high school, and get your G.E.D in 2 months...

school, and colleges are desgined to take your parents hard earned money, and to keep you in debt as soon as you graduate...

plus the kids use college generally as an excuse to not do sh** "hey look mom and dad, im in college studying for my art degree"

what a joke

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

When everybody goes to college, a college degree becomes worthless. It should be only for those that earn it through hard work and ablity.
Now it's just a way for colleges and textbook companies to make $$$.

Taxpayer money for music students is the biggest waste of money I've ever heard of. I see street musicians in New Orleans who'll blow you away with their talent and dropped out of school in the 8th grade.

Most liberal arts programs should be off the table for taxpayer funded aid/scholarships. And I was a history student. Amazingly I eventually found a job in my profession. After bartending for 10 years.
I would have been much better off getting a trade. Electricians and plumbers actually have a useful, marketable skill and contribute to society.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
reply to post by kawika

The above poster said that he "wished he was a minority" because he is delusional enough to believe that somehow his life would be easier if his identity and or ethnicity changed, which is a load of whiny bull#.

There are many, many minorities that go through what the young poster above is complaining about, and they do so without help just like the young poster. What he said was bloody ignorant.

He was engaging in what is commonly know by most people as hyperbole. I believe you missed his point, which is that favoritism and handouts of minorities are out of control. People will never bootstrap themselves out of the trenches if the are provided everything for nothing. By doing so everyone loses.

edit on 1-3-2012 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2012 by bladerunner44 because: misspelling

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
reply to post by k1k1to

When everybody goes to college, a college degree becomes worthless. It should be only for those that earn it through hard work and ablity.
Now it's just a way for colleges and textbook companies to make $$$.

. I see street musicians in New Orleans who'll blow you away with their talent and dropped out of school in the 8th grade.

. Electricians and plumbers actually have a useful, marketable skill and contribute to society.

you outlined my point perfectly....

1*everyone and there grandparents(literally) are going for a college degree, wether its in person or online, thus watering down the "status" of owning a degree, to a mere novelty... you are "in" and "cool" and you "fit-in" if you have a college degree.

2* a piece of paper in music, or the arts, doesnt translate to an actual learned skill, which can be aquired without having to take algebra, and social studies to play a guitar, or to learn music theory, theres been a little invention called the internet some people should check it out one day.

3* you have a degree in criminal justice, the reality is the way the economy is jobs now want people with EXPERIENCE, not a piece of paper...

heres an true example:

i have 4 years of "real world" law enforcement experience, mind you i never attended college
im sitting next to some guy with a 5 o clock shadow, and i ask him if he is also here for an interview..he says yes...i ask if he has any experience...he says no he has his bachelors in criminal justice.....

long story short......

i got hired...

im glad there are still some people with common sense left in this world

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I do just want to point out one thing though....

We are moaning because we are paying for this "idiot" to go through college which apparently is doing nothing for him.

Around where I live, plenty of idiots get signed up into college cuz its the next thing to do in life apparently and just drop right back out because they are STUPID!

Don't think we are paying for stupid people to go to school, the stupid people drop out, the ones who are smart but like to play around and act like they are still a dumb kid homie bro are the ones we are paying for.

Don't trip yet, these types have a chance, if we motivate them and not shun them.

Completely off topic, he is sucking free money and blowing it is still the truth, but we cant just claim him to be stupid, if he was then he wouldn't be able to make it in college at all.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Don't you know it's a crime to not capitalize and punctuate!

JUST KIDDING...dont hurt me

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

So ummm wow, REALLY? I get money because "It's me". How in the world has this guy not won a Darwin award? I never really had a chance to go to college, my cash flow is really in the NON Flow position

Also I never want to be that person who enters the job market with no experiance and a student loan on my back (basically a morgage) and no job due to awful job market. But this is a whole different case no work but free money? NOT ON MY WATCH!

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I signed up for college at StrayR University, BSIS in Computer Security. Being from a low income single family home I got the Pell and put the rest into Sallie Mae loans.

Everything was good, I was able to attend school for free. I was set.
When I signed up for schooling I was unemployed, I soon found a job, in fact two, and was going to school and holding down two jobs. I was a walking success story.

Well I went one year out of five and all of a sudden even though I got some grant money and loans, I had to pay out of pocket to go to school. I dropped out. Honestly I did.

With having jobs I was going to have to pay to go to school. I wasn't making a ton of money and had to support myself, that's what getting the jobs was for. But no, if I were to have sat on azz while going to school I would actually have been getting paid to do it.

I got excellent grades but after seeing that clear hustle happening before my eyes I wanted nothing to do with college. I am a very smart individual with the power to learn anything I want. All I have to do is prove myself and I will always be able to find work. I prefer to work for free anyway.

Try to get a job to survive while bettering yourself means you have the money for school. Its backwards as hell.
edit on 1-3-2012 by sykonot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sykonot

Not sure if inner city colleges are the same everywhere but SUNO (Southern University of New Orleans) accepts everyone (no kidding- there are no standards beyond a diploma or GED!) They graduate people from their Master's Programs who cannot read or write at a 4th grade level.

This is not an exaggeration. I couldn't believe it when some some of the least capable and most incompetent people I've ever met claimed a Master's Degree. Now, I'm used to it, and when someone tells me they're a SUNO grad, I know they are completely useless (at least in the workplace). The vast majority of them end up working for municipal government or go into primary and secondary education in the city (!!!!!!).

Of course, the majority of these students are funded by the federal government (AKA we the taxpayers). Then, once in the only jobs that will take them (local government) they cost taxpayers vast amounts of money due to incredible incompetence and inability to do basic math. Of course they are extremely rude to the taxpayers that dare expect them to earn a paycheck.

Then, of course, there are the school administrators and teachers who make sure that the next generation is just as pathetic. Really, though, it is the fault of the federal government and us for putting up with it

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

I truly feel the rearing and duncing of the olden school days played a major factor in the learning process.

Let a teacher smack the shat out of a 10 year old who is acting up and see how quick his azz picks up that textbook and gets an A on the next test AND ACTUALLY KNEW THE ANSWERS

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This reminds me of something I saw a few years ago outside my work. Our building is right next to a Centrelink (Welfare) office. Some camera crew were interviewing some young guys and I happened to hear one of them say "I'm 24 and i've been unemployed for 4 years". I felt like going and slapping him in the face.

Jobs are out there, some people just don't want to go and work at any job to get some money...they'd rather just sit on their asses and get money for free. I know that if I lost my job i'd do whatever job to pay the bills.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

I honestly don't know how Judge Judy keeps her composure, I watch her show pretty regularly and it is an endless parade of moochers that are "between jobs" or "self-employed" (when pressed they inevitably reveal that they're either on disability, welfare or unemployment, but I guess calling themselves "self-employed" makes them feel better about themselves). As entertaining as the show is it's depressing to see how many sponges there are in the world that apparently have nothing better to do than sue each other for a few hundred bucks, choking our court systems and burning tax dollars in the process. I have no doubt that their little low dollar squabbles cost thousands per case in tax dollars to resolve.
edit on 2-3-2012 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
i honestly don't care anymore. the govt might as well take all the money i make put it in a suitcase and catchit on fire. as long as my internet stays on, i really don't care

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I skimmed over the thread so excuse me if this was already stated.

The biggest slap in the face, in my opinion, is when potential employers tell you that you are over qualified. I personally don't fall into this category since I got a really nice job right out of high school that paid equal if not more than your typical degree would net you. I have friends tho, I hear it all the time, they just want something. They are at the point where the loan payments are due and they just need some job, any job, to make ends meet.

What kind of sick twisted society do we live in that a college degree would actually make you non hire-able?

I thank my lucky stars everyday that I skipped college; no debt, own my house, own my vehicle and on my way to retirement.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

When the economy picks up those with the most advanced degrees will be first in line for new, higher paying jobs..

When I was laid off, and banks began hiring again, I couldn't work my same position because there was a new mandatory 4 year degree requirement in a specific field.

In a new industry I'm transitioning into without a specific degree I could get a job, make about $15 an hour. With a 4yr degree I can work for larger corporations, starting wage about $25-30/hr.

With a Masters degree in the same field $45-50/hr

The reason being is that there is no local college that offers a 4 or 6 year program, anyone with a degree in the field automatically has an advantage over those without degrees, and will bypass them for promotion.

A college degree anymore isn't necessarily about "what you learn" ... it's a status symbol that puts you above those without degrees. Nothing more. It's a sham, a corrupt system, a diluted system.. it's a game really..
edit on 3/2/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

You work or worked for a bank? Your post record shows that you are still the banksters' pet.

Lol

Jk

Not really.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Go Judge Judy!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Yeah people get money from the government, never heard of them getting money specifically for rent. Usually they just have you live in government housing. Oh and by the way...The judge judy show is fake, nobody ends up having to pay anyone any money they actually get paid to go there and make up lies. They don't make it up as they go along they already know what there going to say.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join