It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of young entitled people discussing with Judge Judy why they get free rent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

The publix shouldn't be allowing them to buy booze and cigarettes with their ebts cards.

So either your friend is lying or the store should be reported.

Also, a lot of people don't use banks. That money could be their rent. You have no idea what it is for.

Funny how someone sees something and automatically assumes the worst.
edit on 1-3-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I can't watch the video, but did she not pay the last three months because she can't afford it without that kid's contribution?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

I wasn't being racist, yet here you are ready and willing to whip out the race card not once but twice.

....says the guy who wishes that he was a minority, so that he can receive an alleged free ride through life because he is ignorant enough to believe that 'minorities' have it easy and get free money. You don't have the slightest clue about life for anyone outside of your little box and the ignorant views that your moronic parents beat into your head.

You may not be racist, but you're clearly lacking intelligence.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I realize that Music is a tough degree. I know many who took music theory thinking it would be an easy class and ended up failing it. Talented musicians can get scholarships, one of my cousins got one.

That $70k + was how much that person received in government aide for his 3 years and counting. Even though Music is a tough study, and probably most hopeful music majors just don't have it in them, I do not think it is the kind of field that someone should be given a small fortune in government funds to pursue. Especially when you consider a talented musician coming out of high school can get a scholarship.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
reply to post by kawika

The above poster said that he "wished he was a minority" because he is delusional enough to believe that somehow his life would be easier if his identity and or ethnicity changed, which is a load of whiny bull#.

There are many, many minorities that go through what the young poster above is complaining about, and they do so without help just like the young poster. What he said was bloody ignorant.

edit on 1-3-2012 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

I am partly Hispanic and I couldn't get grants when I was young even when I disclosed that. I knew plenty of other minority students who couldn't get grants as well because their parents made too much for us to qualify. I can qualify now because I have a child and that makes my EFC 0 (I will not disclose my husband's income, ain't your business).

Yep I am a parasite, hate me now. Seriously 70K, I call fake on that. I only get 5,500. That's the max you are allowed unless you get aid from the state. Furthermore they are only going to pay for your housing if you live on-campus.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What's with all his sniffing? Drugs?

Nice to see him, to quote the kids, get pwned.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Plus to add to your response, nowadays temporary cash assistance and food stamps will go onto the same card.

Food gets minuted from the food stamps, everything else comes out of the cash assistance.

If there is any issue here it is the fact that the GOV just gives out cash.

If we want a government to pay for things they need to pay the collector not the debtor.

Give the money to the landlord directly, dont give them their bill money and expect them to pay up. They're broke and don't get to buy things like everyone else, giving them cash is handing them more problems basically.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

At this point in history, the only growth industry seems to be the Gov.

Not sure how to advise young people anymore. Nothing seems promising.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

This belongs in a different thread...

They aren't buying booze and cigs directly from EBT cards. Food stamp allowances can only be spent on food. However some people qualify for a cash balance on their EBT/SNAP cards that is suppose to be spent on items like diapers and is seperate from the food fund. Publix can not restrict someone from taking money from their EBT balance, which is done at the register, and when they have the cash in hand they are free to spend it on whatever they want. Also people will take food items back they bought with EBT hoping to get a cash refund, it is store policy to credit the difference back on their EBT food balance, which results in an angry 'scammer' demanding cash.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

You didn't watch the entire video did you. The 70k was the estimate that the honorable Judge Judy threw out there.

Fast forward to the 5:00 mark if you don't believe me.
edit on 1-3-2012 by jrod because: addition

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What really got me was that this young man (and I use the term "man" loosely) was that he obviously has no concept that what he was doing was wrong. Brilliant.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
reply to post by antonia

You didn't watch the entire video did you. The 70k was the estimate that the honorable Judge Judy threw out there.

1. It is TV and will be dramatized for TV.
2. 5,500 is the max you can get for one year from the Fed's for school. Over three years that would be 16,500. A 21 year old male cannot qualify for other aid unless he has a mental or physical disability or kids. This is little more than fake TV drama.
3. JJ is fake, the cases are real in the sense that they will find people who are litigating with each other to bring in the show but beyond that it's not real. The "payout" is from the shows funds. None of the people who appear will pay anything out of pocket. In fact, they have been accused of using actors and fake cases to pad the show before.
edit on 1-3-2012 by antonia because: forgot something

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

He was getting 22K a year for his tuition in government aide, grants, ect,,. $5500 is the max an honest person can get.

I am well aware how the show works, each party is paid about $5k for their appearance and the settlement is taken from that to pay the plaintiff if they win. She is a real judge and deals with real people. Sometimes people make up claims just to get on the show, I do not believe this case was a fake given how happy the defendant was when she said "Case Dismissed."

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Oh man... way to throw down the gauntlet. Judge Judy fake.!
Take that back. I'll pound you...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
HA! Dismissed because the plaintiff didn't pay rent either. What would really have been the kicker would have been if we found out that the plaintiff was collecting welfare and HUD! I've seen that scam too, a welfare/HUD recipient charging rent for what they get for free.

edit on 1-3-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by antonia

He was getting 22K a year for his tuition in government aide, grants, ect,,. $5500 is the max an honest person can get.

No, you fill out one form. All aid consideration comes from that one form. If you've gone to college you know how it works.
www.ehow.com...

The maximum Pell Grant award for the 2011-12 award year (July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2012) is $5,550. The amount you get, though, will depend not only on your financial need, but also on your costs to attend school, your status as a full-time or part-time student, and your plans to attend school for a full academic year or less.

studentaid.ed.gov...

Here is funding for the other grant he may have qualified for?:
www2.ed.gov...

Still not 70,000

If he's getting more than 5,500 he's got a loan and he has to pay that back. I don't believe this mess for one second.
edit on 1-3-2012 by antonia because: math

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There are local and state level grants one can qualify for too. The Pell Grant is not the only form of financial aide out there.

I've gone to college so yes I do know how the system works.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I am all for government aide for college tuition, but they should be paying for degrees our society needs. I love music but this guy has been given over $70,000 in government aide so he can study music.

I study music, and I do it for free!
you don't need money for that, except maybe an internet connection and a keyboard piano.

what a waste of time and money, to learn music? seriously. although if I had $70,000, I would probably be the next Hans Zimmer, pumping out tunes like theres no tomorrow, I need a Mac.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

There are local and state level grants one can qualify for too. The Pell Grant is not the only form of financial aide out there.

I've gone to college so yes I do know how the system works.

And that has nothing to do with the feds so why send it to congress? And why proclaim it's all her money paying for it when it's not? That's a little disingenuous. Still don't buy this crap though.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Not sure how much of this is going on.

$5000 would not pay for school and living expenses any place I know of.

Some of the posters have written about personal experience with this.

It seems likely to be true. It rings true to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join