It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You're On Food Stamps, You Should Lose Voting Privileges?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I agree 100% with the original article.

there should be monthly tobacco/drug screenings, and government commissaries similar to those on military bases for food stamp/WIC recipients.

good article and I agree with it.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by ideasarebulletproof

I wonder do people understand, or simply fail to realize, that it has never, and will never… in the history of earths existence, ever be enough jobs for every able body person that is in America to work. It’s the biggest lie ever not told and obviously will never be explained.

Over 7million or more jobs was lost within the last 5 years

Over 30 million jobs were lost within the last 20 years because of policies, and greedy stealing people, let alone in the last 40 years:

Minimum wage is $6.50 to $8.00 dollars an hour = 8x40 hours a week =$320 dollars a week, and after Uncle Sam takes his money out, in a month you made a 1,000 a month.

I wonder how many people can survive off $1,000 a month. I wonder how those 7million people felt in the last 5 years that went from middle class to having to resort to minimum wage.

I looked at a lot of videos and specials on families that went from making 50 thousand to a quarter million a year ,to having to work 2 or three jobs just to keep there family together and having to resort to food stamps.

‘It has never, and will never, be enough jobs in America for every citizen that’s able to work, never’

The system of greed and evil do not care, and will never care about the poor or the people that live deep in the gutter sewers of the ‘United States’.

Black and Spanish people have been living deep in the sewers of life for a very long time, and now white people are feeling how it feels to be them.

Just Because some one is on food stamps, doesn’t make them any less then the silver spoon breast fed, ivy league spoiled brat that was born into money, or was blessed to have family and help…some just aren’t blessed.

edit on 29-2-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

I think oil companies that receive billions in subsides should lose their person-hood status :lose their right to contribute to super packs and contribute to political campaigns directly :lose their privileges to hire lobbyists :lose their oil leases on public lands. etc etc etc.

I think anyone making over a million dollars a year should lose their right to vote until Eisenhower era tax rates are restored.

What do you think, Nephew?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I appreciate your reply but you didnt answer my question,

As the OP what do you find so wrong with the Article you linked, what makes it so ridiculous?

Forget the authors tone or if he was exaggerating to make a point, the core message was anyone on benefits should lose certain luxuries and those benefits should be as difficult as possible to obtain.

Why exactly is this wrong or ridiculous?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
A great many of the people receiving food stamps (and, by the way, they're no longer food stamps or paper coupons, but a magnetic debit card) are either employed or retired/disabled. And an appalling number are the families of servicemen currently on active duty. It's not as if all food stamp recipients were just deadwood.

Deciding that people, because they are poor enough to qualify for food stamps, are unworthy to vote is the height of Class Warfare. Yes, make elections the exclusive privilege of the wealthy, and you'll make violent revolution the sole option of the poor.

Degrading the poor more than the mere absence of all the creature comforts they cannot afford guarantees that they'll strike back at such cruelty by deliberately cheating the system, and by other crimes enacted by the legislators that they weren't allowed to vote for.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hmmmmm............lose their right to vote sounds good. The humiliation factor needs to be there but it could be toned down a little bit, like maybe a seperate aisle in the grocery store for food stamps. Actually I feel that unless you've served your country, i.e. Military service or some other form of REAL civil service you shouldn't be allowed to vote anyway. You haven't proven your worthy of the responsibility. In all actuality though voting doesn't matter anymore, and soon a new Constitution will be written or the one we have shall become the law of the land again.

The tree of liberty needs to be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots from time to time. The real question is who do you support?

To receive welfare, drug screens should be mandatory, things like medical MJ can be dealt with on the local level.

peace

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I hope this is not true. I am so sick of hearing these idiots running for President talking about taking Food and Housing away from people. There is no-one in this world that should have to go without Food!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by mastahunta

What a load of Bullcrap as we have seen the liberal pet projects for the past 3 years.

Does Green Corporatism ring a bell?

How about Solyndra?

Or Lightsquared?

OR the bailouts of Gm and Chrysler and others!

Yawn more OWS tripe got some house cleaning yourself to do eh.
edit on 29-2-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Ya and which liberals do you see defend it like you guys defend wall street and the banks?
You would jump in front of a bullet for them

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cito

there should be monthly tobacco/drug screenings, and government commissaries similar to those on military bases for food stamp/WIC recipients.

Ya, and we should tattoo numbers on their arms and make them wear stars on their clothes, for easy identification.
And if they are long term abusers, we can move them all too one spot, and put walls around it.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Ya, and we should tattoo numbers on their arms and make them wear stars on their clothes, for easy identification.
And if they are long term abusers, we can move them all too one spot, and put walls around it.

Hell, I'm for it.

Here in my town they force sex offenders to wear identifying tags on their wrist, and they are forced to live in 1 spot in town segregated from the rest of the city population.

I'd be all for it for welfare as well. And when they get off it they can rejoin society.

And to hell with your godwin's law point btw...
edit on 3/1/2012 by Cito because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Hell, I'm for it.

Here in my town they force sex offenders to wear identifying tags on their wrist, and they are forced to live in 1 spot in town segregated from the rest of the city population.

I'd be all for it for welfare as well. And when they get off it they can rejoin society.

And to hell with your godwin's law point btw...
edit on 3/1/2012 by Cito because: (no reason given)

Not quite, after they are in the "ghettos" , your supposed to starve them , them bomb them.
See "Warsaw Ghetto" for the official playbook.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

I appreciate your reply but you didnt answer my question,

As the OP what do you find so wrong with the Article you linked, what makes it so ridiculous?

Forget the authors tone or if he was exaggerating to make a point, the core message was anyone on benefits should lose certain luxuries and those benefits should be as difficult as possible to obtain.

Why exactly is this wrong or ridiculous?

You think? Remember where we came.

Now we are here.

www.ourfuture.org...

www.nytimes.com...

The rich and big business which they own should lose the right to.

Lobby

Contribute to super packs and political campaigns

Solicit would be politicians to run for public office

Access elected officials

Write legislation for congress persons benefiting their interests such as enabling corporate welfare subsidies.

VOTE

How about revoking citizenship for those who make money from corporate welfare including all that are invested in assets of any and all entities that participate in receiving corporate welfare in their 40ks. DO YOU?

I think 40ks that include corporate welfare benefits should be seized and the owners of such described assets should be jailed indefinitely without trial as it is a form of economic terrorism waged against all citizens of this country.

So if you want to be a proportionate of the guy's point of view the OP illuminated in the linked article go right ahead. There are more people who would be against such craziness that do vote if they had the opportunity to read such insanity.

Keep antagonizing the 99%. See where it eventually leads. In the end the 1% and their hypnotized codependent enablers will lose.

Signed, "WE THE PEOPLE"

edit on 1-3-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Why do you keep calling it democracy when it's actually demoncrazy? It's ruled by greed fools who know nothing of Democracy or the meaning of it. I bet that when you study politics you get taught more on how to fool people than how to help them.
It's sickening and pathetic that you call America a democracy.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I have no problem with people who need welfare. I'd sooner give a man a handout to help him pay for food than fund another one of these ridiculous wars. Really it kills me that when our country as a whole is strapped for cash we choose to stop helping those in need instead of stop trying to police the world.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
reply to post by Laokin

Basis of my belief, is what I see, no one told me. I know a lot of people on welfare. My family is on welfare. I am a student, live by myself, and I work very hard for little money. I've sacrificed my car, and other things to get by. I live with 5 other people in a 2 room apartment. I don't get any payments from the government, with the exception of tax refunds when they're there. Most of everyone I talk to, who is on welfare, don't really need it. NONE of them have sacrificed as much as I have, becasue they are unwilling to lower their standard of living. Listen to a radio show, where the host tries to help listners with their money. Most of the listners are on some type of welfare program, and most if not all of them have a car payment that takes up 40% or more of their income, and a house mortgage payment that takes up the rest. Sure some are in real hardship, but not most. And if I find my self to the point where I need government assistance, I don't mind sacrificing my rights for the little time I would need the assistance to get back on my feet.

What a load of bs! Did not know fantasy role playing was considered a valid argument on ats.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
If You're On Food Stamps, You Should Lose Voting Privileges?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I do understand that a lot of people take advantage of the system. However, there are people in every tax bracket which take advantage of the system. Second of all, my family recieved food stamps for a year. We are not lazy. Both me and my husband work. However, I had to give up a full time job to care for our child. We have given up school, only one of us has a car, and he is a smoker. But you know what, he doesn't drink, he doesn't do drugs, and so what that he has one vice? Also, just because you recieve food stamps doesn't mean you don't buy groceries. Our monthly food stamps covered maybe a week and a half of groceries since baby food is expensive. We pay taxes and just a needed a little help to feed our family. Does that really mean I should have lost my right to vote because as a parent I admitted that my family needed a little help to feed our baby? We are doing much better now that our child can share our meals, but without that extra assistance we would have gone hungry. I think its offensive to condemn everyone in a program, because some shameless use the system, and I think that its incredibly idiotic to think people should lose their right to vote over it. I think the only ones who should lose their right to vote are those who think they should be able to take away some one else's rights.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
This is the classic example of the age old trick of Divide and Conquer. Instead of people voting out a corrupt Government, they turn on each other based on one's economic position. What if people now recieving food stamps have worked previously for 10, 20, 30 years on minimum wage, payed their taxes all through out their working lives, yet get laid off due to no fault of their own, then lose their right to vote just because they got laid off and now recieve food stamps.
Maybe people should be looking a little closer at the clear over-spending by Government, the excessive spending on military used in unjust invasions and then they might realise that there would probably be enough money to provide assistance to these people on food stamps, wihtout losing their right to vote ???
Libiya went from being the poorest country in the world, to being able to give its citizens free electricity, petrol prices of 15 cents, $50,000 for married couples buying their first home etc. Yet it didnt affect the countries bottom line in a negative way and no one lost their right to vote.
Stop turning on each other and start focusing on the real problem.........over-spending by Government who get to retire on a nice Government pension and never have to live on food stamps or experience that way of live that they have contributed to making for others !

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Well they are the lowest of the low in society so i wouldn't care if they did lose their privileges.

If they had their privileges taken away years ago then Obama would of never of got into power since most of his supporters were ghetto trash.

Wow. I really hope that one day you end up in financial trouble and up being amongst "the lowest of the low"

I don't live in America but sometimes I have to accept charity to help feed myself and my mum. I work, I don't take drugs, I study in order to get a better job down the track and I also have to accept welfare to supplement my low income so I can afford to pay the rent and bills. My mum is ill and I take care of her and the house.

After paying the rent and bills, sometimes there is no money left for food so my mother and I have to accept food from churches and charitable organizations. Sometimes we get food vouchers that can be used in supermarkets. I guess that they would be the equivalent of food stamps. It doesn't happen all the time but sometimes we have to and we are very grateful. The vouchers can only be used for food, not cigarettes, not personal hygiene or cleaning products or anything else, just food.

I can't afford to donate to charity, but sometimes I volunteer my time to help out charitable organizations but unfortunately between work, school, taking care of my mum and running the house I don't get to do it that often. I do it when I can to repay the help that I have received and also because I enjoy it.

I don't understand how I can be considered "the lowest of the low" simply because I have to accept charity sometimes and also supplement my low income with welfare. I work hard, study hard, I am a kind hearted person, I don't do drugs, steal or do anything illegal.

I would have to say that it would take a pretty low and very ignorant person to make the comment that you have.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Only Billionares should be allowed to vote,

regards

George Soros
edit on 1-3-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Myself. I'll go homeless if I have to.

Yeah yeah of course you would (sarc). You're full of it.

Famous last words and all that.

Instead of bashing people and their families who have done nothing wrong only to find themselves in unfortunate circumstances, why not try being a human being by not begrudging help for other human beings?

Is there any need to be so hateful to others who are not as fortunate as yourself?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join