It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You're On Food Stamps, You Should Lose Voting Privileges?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by ideasarebulletproof

Cruel, vicious, with no heart...............not everyone on food stamps wishes this.

You again are cruel and non empathetic.

A true reptile though and through.
edit on 29-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

Uh, are you meaning me? I don't agree with the article, hence my statements below the link.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
[more

WTF kind of a threat is that ? Sorry but I don't think voting rights make any kind of a bargaining chip.

This is like telling a kid if he eats to much ice cream, he won't have to go to school in the morning.
edit on 29-2-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
OK. I think this thread is going a little sideways.

First of all, the topic is about food stamps. Not welfare checks, SS or any other assistance programs.
Although I understand that you can debate the merits of all assistance programs, it just doesn't make sense arguing against food stamps by bringing up welfare checks. They are two different things.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

It's not "benefiting" when it's your own money......I am for gutting SS and giving people a choice...but for people that had their money forcibly taken from their checks, they should get it back.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

If someone requires food and I have enough, than I am willing to share.

One's opinion of whether they are "worthy" or not does not matter.

A fellow human being in need is a fellow human being in need.

Cruel, heartless, judgmental is irrelevant.

Love is the answer, everything else is irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
English writer and journalist Harriet Martineau said,
"If a test of civilization be sought, none can be so sure as the condition of that half of society over which the other half has power."

It appears as we are heading towards an F.

Nothing more needs to be said really does it ?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

If someone requires food and I have enough, than I am willing to share.

One's opinion of whether they are "worthy" or not does not matter.

A fellow human being in need is a fellow human being in need.

Cruel, heartless, judgmental is irrelevant.

Love is the answer, everything else is irrelevant.

Now any logical being should fight to protect such idealism.....

No matter how emotional that sounds when read..

I agree, that is why the article the op is focusing on is so screwed up, YET.. The food stamp program, is very corrupt, not to mention it has way to much benefit associated with it, as I wrote hours ago, using ebt cards at 711 for a fountain drink or junk food, is bullcrap, this program, should just be used for staples of food, bread, milk, meat etc. at the grocery store.. Not be used as a debit card at 711, or used to scam monetary gain.. In 2012, this program, is all screwed up.. For most people with class, hell its embarrassing enough to use a ebt card at a grocery store... fact of the matter its not our fault food stamps have gotten to a state it has become, it is our civil leaders..

No sense in us arguing with one another about it,
if you want to get mad at anyone lets not get mad at ourselves, but the politicians who have aloud food stamps to become what they are now...

I think most people on food stamps feel bad enough, and the last thing they need is being treated even worse for having to use them, taking voting rights away or any right period for it is unconstitutional whatever that means in 2012, not much if you ask me, unless you have money in the first place..

The state of the American citizen is pretty sad for most of them in 2012, and they do not know any better...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

None of the founders would support anything this country does today NOT A SINGLE ONE especially what passes for welfare.

because if they did they would have put rob from the rich give to the poor over 100 million Americans can't survive without a Government paycheck.
edit on 29-2-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Simple. There should be a standard math test on every ballot. If the voter clicked the wrong answer on a few of the basic math questions, the entire ballot should be discarded right then and there.

Its the morons who vote but don't know how to balance their own checkbook or handle their own credit cards that has allowed this countries budget to be handled in the manner that it is.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

This is exactly what I would expect to hear from the low-life individuals that think they are high life.

Oh, and I would love for him to say that directly to my face.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

I'd be totally fine with a treatment program. But, what's your fix when they don't go, or get right back on the drugs? Should we pay for their food so they can use their own money to buy drugs? Aren't we simply funding their drug addiction then?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

See that is the madness in me as well, if your not responsible enough, to pass a drug test, you should not get food buying drugs etc Then chances are their are kids associated with that what do we do with them? More money raising them, and dealing with a drug addict who will turn to crime to get the fix...

YUCK..

exactly thou, on a sociological stand point its a mess, in this situation, but I dont think most food stamp recipients fall into this category..

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You presume to speak for the founders of this country? Sorry, but you have no clue what they would say about anything happening today. They were around over 200 years ago. The world has changed by an unimaginable amount since then.

They, unlike most, would be intelligent enough to change their opinions and views based on new information.

So please stop talking from the founders high horse, you do not belong there.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

None of the founders would support anything this country does today NOT A SINGLE ONE especially what passes for welfare.

because if they did they would have put rob from the rich give to the poor over 100 million Americans can't survive without a Government paycheck.

Government is instituted for the common good; for the protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness of the people; and not for profit, honor, or private interest of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, the people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government; and to reform, alter, or totally change the same, when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it.
John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776

Hmmmm.... seems you are incorrect.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

There is a thing call free speech i can say whatever the hell i want the founders made sure of that and get a clue America is no different now than when it was formed.

Same problems same BS different day.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

That is hilarious that is really HILARIOUS!

A 15 trillion dollars deficit over 114 trillion of social programs that can never be paid for, people can't even take a whiz without Governments permission, The Government spies on everyone they take what they want and they continue to take whatever the hell they want in moneys and freedoms.

Incorrect? hardly where is the freedom and independence today?

All there is is Government is the master and the citizen is the slave.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ideasarebulletproof
dailycaller.com...

Just read this ridiculous article.
So according to this guy, people on food stamps should:
1. Lose voting privileges so "they couldn’t vote for greater benefits or easier terms (most of them don’t vote, but now they couldn’t)."
2. Be forced to shop at "Government Stores" so they feel the humiliation of being "wards of the state".
Oh and the "Government food products" would be easily recognizable, to further humiliation for people on food stamps.
3. Be subject to monthly tobacco and drug screening, and if found with tobacco or drugs in their system, be dropped from the program.
I really hope this is a joke, but I'm guessing it isn't. The sad thing is, a lot of people on this site will probably agree with this reprehensible person.

edit on 2/29/12 by ideasarebulletproof because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/29/12 by ideasarebulletproof because: (no reason given)

What if they did that would be total maddness thats not right and infridges on people who go on food stamps!!!

What's going on with this world now days???

Soon or later they will make it were we won't be able to go to the restroom without having to pay money jeez!!!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

They wouldn't support the military industrial complex or the rampant corporatism either, both of
which are conservative pet projects, so, if you want to be all founding fatherish why don't you
guys, the ones who are bitching, clean up your own house first, huh?
edit on 29-2-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I guess they also assume that anyone poor on food stamps pays for tobacco. HOW did tobacco get in there? It grows as a weed and is perfectly legal to grow for your own use.

This guy is stupid. I don't have time for stupid people.
That's some throw back to where only the land owning rich could vote. We got rid of that crap.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

What a load of Bullcrap as we have seen the liberal pet projects for the past 3 years.

Does Green Corporatism ring a bell?

How about Solyndra?

Or Lightsquared?

OR the bailouts of Gm and Chrysler and others!

Yawn more OWS tripe got some house cleaning yourself to do eh.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join