It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You're On Food Stamps, You Should Lose Voting Privileges?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Some people are incapable of getting jobs no matter what skills they have? Sometimes they can't get a job because they're over qualified for that job, and that person wants to take away their voting rights just because they can't get get a job? (Not being able to get a jobs means food stamps).

What utter trite.

This is one person I won't be voting for.

I'm sick and tired of the GOP's "if they're down keep them down" mentality.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ideasarebulletproof

First off, voting is not a privilege... it is a right. Rights come from God or natural law, and that is superior to man made law. Government does not grant rights, it only grants privileges. Having said that, this is the same logic as a person who does not own property being able to vote to raise property taxes. That person does not pay any property taxes, but they can vote to raise them or on how to spend them? That person is called a Zero Liability Voter, and should not be allowed to vote on property tax measures. I agree with the article to the extent that a person who is benefiting from something that they do not contribute to, should not be allowed to have a say in the matter. As far as the humiliation is concerned, I think that a person with any pride would be humiliated just by being on food stamps. A person without pride or a person who sees nothing wrong with benefiting from the labor of another will not be humiliated. Bottom line, with rights come responsibilities. In the case of welfare, a person benefiting from welfare is not owning up to their responsibilities, although there are extreme circumstances and exceptions to every rule, but those aside... "if you can't feed em', then don't breed em'" pretty much sums it all up as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Well they are the lowest of the low in society so i wouldn't care if they did lose their privileges.

If they had their privileges taken away years ago then Obama would of never of got into power since most of his supporters were ghetto trash.

Lowest of the low?

I have you know that my mother was just laid off after 47 yrs of being an ER nurse... Does that sound like low life ghetto trash to you? or are you one of those snobs who can't offer a homeless person a smile because it might make you feel something...

Not to mention my mother was also a professor teaching EMTs and Paramedics, a volunteer fire person, a representative/organizer for M.A.D.D./P.A.D.D. and rode the Ambulance on time off to make extra money...

What have you done for your society to give back?

The gull...

BTW she never supported Obuma...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

So the people who STRUGGLE and need a GOOD leader on their side are to have no say in his election this has to be a sick joke indeed. SMH
@ the thought are they not citizens of the Americanaz???

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dmartini24
Because there is NO excuse for my tax money to be going to people who use the assistance for drugs.

Since when do drug dealers take food stamps???

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Everyone should vote, but the problem, as some others have pointed out is that elections are very likely to be rigged. As to the social status of the voter... well that should not matter AT ALL. What's next? Large(Obese/Fat)/Disabled people delay voting because they take longer to get to and from the polling stations? Only those of a certain colour or creed and income will be the only ones allowed to vote?

Ridiculous

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How about this: If you have an opinion, people will be more likely to listen to you if you argue your opinions based on its own merit, not based the authority of those who said it first. Because it just sounds like you don't really know what your talking about, only parroting others.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The problem is that what if a lack of voting is what put you in that position to begin with. You can see this never ending cycle of being stuck in hell.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

I appreciate your reply but you didnt answer my question,

As the OP what do you find so wrong with the Article you linked, what makes it so ridiculous?

Forget the authors tone or if he was exaggerating to make a point, the core message was anyone on benefits should lose certain luxuries and those benefits should be as difficult as possible to obtain.

Why exactly is this wrong or ridiculous?

Sometimes people have it hard enough already, without having their worth as a human being, and a Untied States citizen brought into question because they have less money than others.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DCPatriot

You're not helping your argument. All those "extra" requirements for voting were to discriminate against others.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Hey IABP... this is a great post, and as vindictive as it sounds, I do hope every person who agrees with the title:

If You're On Food Stamps, You Should Lose Voting Privileges

has an opportunity, SOON, today or tomorrow to lose everything they've own, everything they've worked for and then get to walk in the shoes of those folks 'forced' into the social services system.

Flag and star for you... again, great post... thank you so much

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop

If You're On Food Stamps, You Should Lose Voting Privileges?

No. But you should have to submit to drug testing and common sense monitoring. If you're on Food stamps & driving a nicer car than the rest of us, your car should be confiscated and sold off to pay for your food stamp thievery.

Are you kidding me? I have a truck now, paid off. If I got laid off today and had to receive food stamps, you have them take my truck away and sell it?

I can't believe I have to say this for the umpteenth time on this thread: Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Well,just another example of the "nazification" not just of the US but the Western world.look out for the erosion of rights for the mentally ill and disabled as well,or the classification of various ethnic groups as subhuman,yes Hitler would have been delighted!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

You start correcting the article by saying voting is a right, not a privilege. The you go on to say that some people should not be able to vote on certain issues that do not pertain to them? THAT'S EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO HAS EVER VOTED FOR ANYTHING. So good idea buddy, lets just make this country a monarchy and forget all this voting crap

"Can't feed 'em, Don't breed 'em". Nice. Math too complicated to figure out how to help people in trouble? F*ck it! Eugenics.
edit on 3/1/12 by ideasarebulletproof because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Well they are the lowest of the low in society so i wouldn't care if they did lose their privileges.

If they had their privileges taken away years ago then Obama would of never of got into power since most of his supporters were ghetto trash.

Holy #! this is BS! if this is the kind of posts ATS wants then this is no place for thinking folks!
2nd line......deny ignorance? how bout deny hate while we are trying to better ourselves?
APB

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

So the people who STRUGGLE and need a GOOD leader on their side are to have no say in his election this has to be a sick joke indeed. SMH
@ the thought are they not citizens of the Americanaz???

Americanaz? That's a new one.

I was still under the impression that our new name was Amerikaanistan.

Interesting. I'll have to ponder that for awhile.

link   

Originally posted by ideasarebulletproof
reply to post by neo96

How about this: If you have an opinion, people will be more likely to listen to you if you argue your opinions based on its own merit, not based the authority of those who said it first. Because it just sounds like you don't really know what your talking about, only parroting others.

The reason he keeps sounding like he doesn't know what he is saying is because he doesn't.

link   
I thought this thread was a joke to start with, but there are serious comments on here suggesting that people on food stamps should be deprived of voting rights and other things as well. That's alien to me - hard to see where those arguments are coming from. Why? Is it something to do with the "worthiness" idea, that maybe people who fall on hard times do so through their own fault? Maybe there are some people on food stamps now who would once have argued the same way because they thought it would never happen to them. In reality, I think it could happen to anyone.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This is not the first time I have heard this. I kind of see where one would feel this way in a sense its no different from a kick-back or a conflict of interest, both being frowned upon in society even though it happens all of the time.

In a perfect world it may of worked, but there are too many variables to take into consideration now. With higher unemployment rates and the under employed with the cost of living creeping up everyday we have people on assistance that would not usually be one it.

The only ones that I would actually consider this with are the lifers perfectly able to work and take care of themselves but choose not to. Of course excluding those in retirement who have paid into the system and now living on SSI, at least that is what they are hoping for...poor bastards.

We are draining our funds on illegals and those who are too lazy to do for themselves... We are idiots, I guess this makes me a heartless bastard...

edit on 1-3-2012 by the4thhorseman because: sp

edit on 1-3-2012 by the4thhorseman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

sounds like a great idea

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join