It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You're On Food Stamps, You Should Lose Voting Privileges?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
dailycaller.com...

Just read this ridiculous article.
So according to this guy, people on food stamps should:
1. Lose voting privileges so "they couldn’t vote for greater benefits or easier terms (most of them don’t vote, but now they couldn’t)."

2. Be forced to shop at "Government Stores" so they feel the humiliation of being "wards of the state".
Oh and the "Government food products" would be easily recognizable, to further humiliation for people on food stamps.

3. Be subject to monthly tobacco and drug screening, and if found with tobacco or drugs in their system, be dropped from the program.

I really hope this is a joke, but I'm guessing it isn't. The sad thing is, a lot of people on this site will probably agree with this reprehensible person.

edit on 2/29/12 by ideasarebulletproof because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/29/12 by ideasarebulletproof because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Doesn't matter much anyway. The elections are rigged.

+40 more 
link   
Just add if you have a government job or have a government contract you should not have voting privilages due to the fact it will make you vote in order to gain more contracts or higher pay.
edit on 29-2-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
link   
Well That wouldn't work out too well for obama, that's half his voter base.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
That would be the end of the Democratic party.......

Des

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So it's ok to take their voting rights away, but we should give them back to convicted felons.

Well, that makes perfect sense.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Well they are the lowest of the low in society so i wouldn't care if they did lose their privileges.

If they had their privileges taken away years ago then Obama would of never of got into power since most of his supporters were ghetto trash.

No he would've gotten into power anyway much like Romney will take the GOP nomination.

You ever seen a Romney sticker? I haven't.

+77 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
post removed by staff

This is wildly inappropriate.

Lowest of low in society? Seriously guy, you need to adjust your priorities, you are clearly not speaking your own mind here. The lowest of the low, are the people who cause mass destruction, suffering and/or profit off it at the same time. That's low. Receiving assistance because you are broke.... well... I would say it doesn't compare well.

Second, ghetto trash? I can't stand Obama, much like I can't stand most politicians or presidential candidates, but most of his "supporters" are not "ghetto trash". The elections are usually rigged, and if not rigged, they are paid for via media saturation. The majority of his voters were just regular people who did nothing else but get drowned in media propaganda.
edit on 29-2-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Mar 1 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think any idiot that thinks a citizen should lose his privileges for any reason whatsoever should lose his voting privilege!

Oh wait...

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yeah, that nonsense will never fly and for a very good reason. How many people do you think in this country work at minimum wage jobs? A very large number, I assume popped into your head. Now consider this; someone working 40 hours a week at minimum wage can qualify for food stamps, or SNAP as it is now called. People that suggest these sorts of things are the same ones that want to take away all rights(at least those that won't affect them, aka I don't get SNAP so i'll be able to vote), like the legislature trying to remove fourth amendment rights, if you are a card holding medical marijuana patient. People that try to pass or promote such legislature do not belong anywhere near politics and law making, they are an extremist that needs to be on a agency watch list.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Darkchemistry because: sp

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Wow. You sound like such a nice person.
So now it's OK to take away peoples voting rights because they don't make as much money as you, or you don't agree with them politically?
It may not be nice to say, but I hope you one day find yourself in the same position as the people on food stamps. Then maybe you will see things from another persons perspective, and be a little more human.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn

Wouldn't be good for the GOP voting NASCAR trailer trash either. Or the Tea Party
with throngs of Ancient Patriots who get Government checks every month which help
pay for their government healthcare co payments.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Wouldn't be good for the GOP voting NASCAR trailer trash either. Or the Tea Party
with throngs of Ancient Patriots who get Government checks every month which help

Those *ancient patriots*, as you call them. Are for the most part over the age of 65. One hell of a long time they spent paying into a now failing system, don't you think. It's called Social Security...and no, they didn't have a choice of paying into it. I'm 4 years away from 65, still paying into the system. I wonder if all my years of investment for my retirement will still be there for me.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAnswerTo1984

I will have to agree. It doesnt matter either way.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ideasarebulletproof
dailycaller.com...

Just read this ridiculous article.
So according to this guy, people on food stamps should:
1. Lose voting privileges so "they couldn’t vote for greater benefits or easier terms (most of them don’t vote, but now they couldn’t)."

2. Be forced to shop at "Government Stores" so they feel the humiliation of being "wards of the state".
Oh and the "Government food products" would be easily recognizable, to further humiliation for people on food stamps.

3. Be subject to monthly tobacco and drug screening, and if found with tobacco or drugs in their system, be dropped from the program.

I really hope this is a joke, but I'm guessing it isn't. The sad thing is, a lot of people on this site will probably agree with this reprehensible person.

To be honest... this is a lot disturbing. This is nanny state gone wild. This is tyranny with a velvet glove holding a can of pork and beans.

S&F... hope this gets the attention it deserves.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The only thing I DO agree with 100% is the Drug Screening. I lived in a pretty bad area in a city in PA & I know these people are using drugs & still getting Foods stamps & SSI . Drug screening should be the FIRST part of applying for state assistance PERIOD. Because there is NO excuse for my tax money to be going to people who use the assistance for drugs.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by mastahunta

Those *ancient patriots*, as you call them. Are for the most part over the age of 65. One hell of a long time they spent paying into a now failing system, don't you think. It's called Social Security...and no, they didn't have a choice of paying into it.

Exactly, benefiting from a system they claim to want to gut.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Just add if you have a government job or have a government contract you should not have voting privilages due to the fact it will make you vote in order to gain more contracts or higher pay.
edit on 29-2-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

And whoever can still vote need to pass a test on current issues.

The founders wanted people to vote... but they wanted an informed population, which most voters definitely aren't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join