If You're On Food Stamps, You Should Lose Voting Privileges?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Are you saying the military does not work for their money and benefits?

Because last I checked sitting on your fat ass stuffing your face with food bought by tax payers wasn't considered "working"

I'm saying your logic was that people on a government program shouldn't be able to vote because of conflict of interest.

Then that should apply to everyone who could potentially have a conflict of interest in voting...say like soldiers voting for a candidate because he has campaigned on ending all military involvement around the world and bringing all troops home???

I guess using your logic, all government employees should also not be able to vote...conflict of interest and all.

OH...and taxpayers...you know...they might vote in a candidate that is promising to lower their taxes...conflict of interest.

In other words...I'm just trying to point out how idiotic your logic is.
edit on 29-2-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Well they are the lowest of the low in society so i wouldn't care if they did lose their privileges.

If they had their privileges taken away years ago then Obama would of never of got into power since most of his supporters were ghetto trash.

People like you are trash. Nobody WANTS to be in the ghetto. It's a struggle, a way of life you've been blessed not to experience. You shouldn't speak of things you haven't the SLIGHTEST clue about. They are the lowest of low, wtf?? Those Elite bastards that put up "glass ceilings" are the lowest of the low. Those same ELITE BASTARDS who steal our money for WARS we don't belong in and BIG BANK BAILOUTS are the lowest of the low.

They bring shame and despair to this once GREAT country. Have some damn respect. What people do here and abroad just for their families is sad. Just be grateful that you are wherever you are... for now, because from what the economy looks like, you may just become what you speak quite soon.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Again, I'd love to see you in a position to where you would need assistance.

How would you feel being subject to bi-weekly visits from child protective services? I'm sure you wouldn't like the fact that other people (who just happen to be in a better position financially) are dictating how to raise your children.

Basically you are saying anyone on any assistance is a bad parent. Gee, must be nice to have all the options you had growing up and have now to be in a position to be able to make such judgments on other people.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

On and off of unemployment between "military jobs" while getting their mortgage paid?

Source please?

What is with the Progressives like yourself that are so against the military? I can understand being against those that order the military (like Obama...) but individual soldiers? Accusing them of not working? Comparing them to freeloading citizens living off of other peoples money while doing nothing productive to society?

People like you disgust me. It's clear, when you use government benefits you support them fully. When you're like me paying thousands a year in taxes you're against free hand outs.

Not a coincidence.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ideasarebulletproof

I would never accept assistance. I've been laid off in this recession, and I refused to even accept unemployment benefits.

I will never rely on the State.

I will never accept a hand out.

I will never demand services from my fellow citizens without working for it.

I tightened my household budget, supplemented my food with what I grow myself, and discovered other ways of making money to survive.

I guess that's the difference between people like me, and those who take for free without hesitation.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ideasarebulletproof
dailycaller.com...

Just read this ridiculous article.
So according to this guy, people on food stamps should:
1. Lose voting privileges so "they couldn’t vote for greater benefits or easier terms (most of them don’t vote, but now they couldn’t)."

2. Be forced to shop at "Government Stores" so they feel the humiliation of being "wards of the state".
Oh and the "Government food products" would be easily recognizable, to further humiliation for people on food stamps.

3. Be subject to monthly tobacco and drug screening, and if found with tobacco or drugs in their system, be dropped from the program.

I really hope this is a joke, but I'm guessing it isn't. The sad thing is, a lot of people on this site will probably agree with this reprehensible person.

edit on 2/29/12 by ideasarebulletproof because: (no reason given)

Yep I guess im going to fill you with sadness. Its about time people start pushing for this, this is absolutely necessary. The whole thing about "my feelings are hurt, because I have to by government food" is not an argument.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Well they are the lowest of the low in society so i wouldn't care if they did lose their privileges.

If they had their privileges taken away years ago then Obama would of never of got into power since most of his supporters were ghetto trash.

What an absolutely asinine, arrogant, and idiotic statement.

being on foodstamps makes one the 'lowest of the low'? You've never fallen on hard times?

Then again, your final statement reveals you as a troll, so perhaps i shouldnt bother....

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

That's called a straw-man fallacy. A straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.

Welfare recipients: Don't work for their services and accept services for free paid by other people.

tax payers: Work for the money and deserve the right to keep as much as possible.

the military works for their money, and your straw man being incorrect in that an isolationist policy (supported by Paul) would in fact shrink the size of the military, thus effecting their own jobs..

Government workers, again, working for their money.

Straw men suck. don't use them, it only serves to express your own ignorance.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

That is all info from someone I know personally that is in the military. Sources wise, you're going to have to give me some time.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

reply to post by ideasarebulletproof

I would never accept assistance. I've been laid off in this recession, and I refused to even accept unemployment benefits.

I will never rely on the State.

I will never accept a hand out.

I will never demand services from my fellow citizens without working for it.

I tightened my household budget, supplemented my food with what I grow myself, and discovered other ways of making money to survive.

I guess that's the difference between people like me, and those who take for free without hesitation.

Yep unfortunatley your not of this time. People like you are rare, and it always makes me happy to know your still out there.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

##SNIP##

Society is society. We all have EQUAL rights. You do not remove the rights of a person based on what assets they hold.

EVER.

I guess you don't like freedom very much do you?

You know the elite at the top think you are as low as the foodstamp users. I guess since they figure you are low, you should have all your rights removed as well, right?

One day, your gonna have kids and a wife and 500k saved up in the bank, a house and a 100k+ a year job and your going to get into a car accident, your kids are gonna skip school and become drug addicts, your wife will leave you, you will not be able to work -- you will lose your house and need foodstamps.

It'll all happen in about a years time, you'll go from your high horse to the lowest of the low and only THEN when you need the help you won't get it, because of people like you.

Or do you think it can't happen to you? I've seen it happen to people in my life, numerous times to no fault of the person, short of an accident that kick started the entire downward spiral.

You make me sick,
edit on 29-2-2012 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

If we were an equal society I'd get all the tax breaks, free healthcare, free food, rent assistance and tuition assistance that the poor get.

But I don't.

Even though I actually pay for it...

Equal indeed.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Well I'm gonna have to call BS on this. Oh I know, I know you are a tough guy. "I grow my own food, I tighten my belt, I never accept a hand out, I find other ways of making money" Yeah well sometimes you look, and look, and look, and try as hard as you can, and not find other ways of making money. All the while you have bills piling up, some have kids who need to eat. Oh but that's OK, Rockpuck would have your children taken away from you! "Whew! Glad their gone, now maybe I can afford a F*CkING iPhone!"

Car breaks down? Need to decide on buying food, or fixing your car so you can get to your minimum wage job or get fired? Oh well, Rockpuck made the decision for you: You don't get assistance because he got lucky and can afford life without it, so you have to as well.

Rockpuck for President 2012!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

And that's called moving the goal posts.

Your original issue was

voting while on Government programs is a blatant conflict of interest.

And now it is only those that are on "government programs" who are in the worst possible situation and need support in order to survive.

Your over the top hatred for those in the worst possible situation is a bit disturbing. Think of it this way...your taxes can go to paying the soldiers...my taxes will go to welfare...and there...we are all happy.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Laokin

If we were an equal society I'd get all the tax breaks, free healthcare, free food, rent assistance and tuition assistance that the poor get.

But I don't.

Even though I actually pay for it...

Equal indeed.

You have no idea how economics work. I bet you believe that Medicare isn't an entitlement, and that since you paid into Social Security that you deserve it -- even though you take more than you give.

Amirite?

If money translated to productivity you'd be right, but it doesn't.

When you can get paid 20$ an hour to be a welder, and I work in the same place with the same job getting paid 11.50 an hour as a welder, and I actually weld BETTER than you, how is that equal?

You got more money for the same time and an inferior quality. When this happens all around the world the people at the bottom even though they work their asses off can't afford the basics, whilst somebody who lazily does a job who is tight with the boss at the bare minimum competence level gets more money and can afford all their basics, and thinks that the person who needs help getting their basics is being treated fairly?

Then you want to cut off their rights and privileges kicking and screaming that you don't get your fair due?

The problem is, you don't understand what "Fair" means.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

There are many people here who would say the same things about the troops. Getting all those benefits and money for doing "nothing".

Unless you've been in their shoes, you can't possibly know as much as you think.

This is not directed specifically at you, but to everyone who thinks they know the whole story,but in reality, just hearing it heresay.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Must have mistaken me for someone who gives a crap about opinions of posters on here not relevant to the topic being discussed.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

"Yet I actually pay for it"

I was on foodstamps for a while. Before that I a had a good job making $42,000/yr then got laid off.
Maybe you should come over to my house and ascertain the situation here. Give me your valuable feed back on how I should live my life. I mean, Gee golly whiz you are so successful and all, I guess I'm too stupid to be as awesome as you. Maybe we poor folk should just off ourselves, ya know, stop being such a burden to you successful folk. Hey! Maybe you can come by and help! Make sure I do it right, ya know, don't want to end up in the hospital, inevitably putting even more of burden on my Betters such as you.

It warms my heart, knowing there are such stand up people like you in the world, making it such a great place.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I love the way people bash the poor in America. It's amazing that no one ever mentions those who have received vast somes of tax payer money in the form of corporate welfare, literally trillions of your hard earned tax dollars dolled out to private banks and business's. Yet it is those of your fellow American citizens, people in your own communities who you want the boot to come down on hardest.

What a joke

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Society is society. We all have EQUAL rights. You do not remove the rights of a person based on what assets they hold.

Oh that is another hilarious comment considering all the "eat the rich,tax the rich" rhetoric on here.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join