It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head's Up Arkansas, Missouri, eastern Oklahoma

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
So let me get this straight.......................

If I randomly cast the weather on ATS I will get stars and flags out the a$$?

It's called being helpful. You should give it a try if you're looking for stars and flags. Your current brand of ignorant trolling probably isn't going to get you many.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The weather has been extremely crazy in Arkansas lately, we use to get tornado warning 3 times every year, but now we're getting at least one or 2 a month, since about November.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Good job OP! Way to be on top of the game and tell it hear on ATS.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Aw, you don't have to feel that way! Weather prediction is part science and part intuition. I am retired and have all day, every day, to study the weather, to examine the skies, feel the wind and humidity (or lack of it), and check my hunches against excellent sources such as the pros at the weather channel and online.

As I wrote before, the severity of the low spinning just north of Texas is what pulls the wind up from the southwest, and the nastier the low, the higher the winds out here. The lower the pressure, the higher the wind gusts being pulled into it....and when they meet up in a humid, warm area, it can get explosive.

As vicious as our winds were yesterday out here, I knew it would get uglier than the tor-con on the weather channel indicated. The highest tor-con was 5 out of 10, and I knew that was underplaying it. I could have been wrong, but my gut told me I wasn't, so I took a chance and posted.

You were not wrong in your post, you just forgot to take the rotating low to the north into account. No harm, no foul.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
300 injured; 9 dead....

More and more, tornado's are becoming more deadly than they used to. Time to face the fact that things are a' changin......

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I just read that the tornado that hit Illinois was an F-4! An F-4, that far north, in February?? Unreal. I think you're right, ButterCookie, the weather is going to get nastier. People are going to have to pay closer attention to the weather. Antar posted earlier that the local weather in Missouri underplayed this danger yesterday, and I have to agree.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Wind in Saint Louis is spectacular and amazing...

Nothing like this in the beginning of march since I can remember....

2012 will be a major year for extreme weather...

EVERY ONE, PAY ATTENTION WHEN SEVERE WEATHER IS A POSSIBILITY THIS YEAR, difference between life and death.\

Add a severe weather conspiracy section loL! because you were dead on, literally people dyin...

Hope there is NOT another Joplin or something similar this year.... Pay attention everyone!

Tornado Siren means YOU SHOULD ALREADY BE IN BASEMENT.

edit on 2/29/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Agreed!!

We have the tendency to downplay weather events, mainly because we feel that 'nothing bad will happen to us'.....time to get over human arrogance and acknowledge the true power of nature.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

The weather men ( or politically correct meterologist ) around here pick the forcase out of a hat. ( I am pretty sure anyway) and hope that they are correct. LOL. Seems your method is a bit more accurate.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I think its more a sigh of higher population centers in the midwest and the population continues to grow so these statistics will probably get higher as time goes by. Not more tornadoes just more people in their way.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This says uploaded an hour ago.
Dutchsinse.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

I think its more a sigh of higher population centers in the midwest and the population continues to grow so these statistics will probably get higher as time goes by. Not more tornadoes just more people in their way.

I dunno. They were considering adding a new level to the tornado scale just for Joplin. It only goes to F-5 currently, but all of the experts think that tornado exceeded F-5 by so much that it deserved a new designation. Maybe an F-6!

Also, if you look at last spring's tornado outbreaks, and the last few years, we went for many decades with no increase, and in the past couple of years we have broken record after record! 50 year old records broken twice in the same season.

I don't believe in Global Warming, but the storms are definitely on a severe cycle at the moment. Hopefully it doesn't last long!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

It's most unfortunate that you were correct

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

I know it. I take no pleasure in being "right". My purpose in making this thread yesterday was to cause people in that area to check their local weather and keep their eyes on the skies, because the winds here were insane.

I notice this evening that they are chemtrailing heavily in advance of another front current going northeast. The winds are picking up and the chemtrails have made the skies look milky and dull. I guess this means more moisture wherever the rain does decide to fall. Currently the humidity is 10%, so it won't fall here.

The weather channel is sounding the alarm about Friday, so I hope people don't let their guard down.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The weather service is already showing
severe storms in my area on Friday.
Keep an eye on your local weather as
the next system may show up by Thursday.

edit on 29-2-2012 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

I notice this evening that they are chemtrailing heavily in advance of another front current going northeast. The winds are picking up and the chemtrails have made the skies look milky and dull.

You mean that you noticed aircraft flying and their engines are producing completely normal contrails. Contrails that produce cirrus-cloud. Persistent contrails are not a recent invention or phenomenon. I realise that it is hard to comprehend, but it is fact.

How do you explain Geoffrey de Havilland, Jr, test pilot, witnessing the effect even with propeller driven aircraft during World War II?

From 1942

VAPOUR TRAILS Views of Well-known Test Pilot I WISH to correct the various erroneous statements that have appeared in the correspondence columns of Flight concerning the origin of aircraft vapour trails. The trails referred to are, without doubt, due to the condensation of the water vapour content of the engine exhaust gases; this condensation will always occur under favourable conditions of humidity and temperature at high altitudes. I have myself frequently observed these trails from the cockpit of a high-flying aircraft in the very act of formation at the exit of the exhaust pipes. The formation of a short trail, or, as Mr. Dixon has expressed if, a trail "like the wake of a boat," is merely the prelude to the formation of the familiar "permanent" condensation trail which will occur when the aircraft in question runs into more favourable atmospheric conditions. Another type of trail which may be induced by the passage of an aircraft through air of high relative humidity may well be termed an " adiabatic trail," since it has its derivation in the adiabatic cooling of the air concerned to below its dew point.

www.flightglobal.com...

Tens of thousand of Allied and Axis aircrews and ground observers during WW2 witnessed the effects of contrails. It isn't exactly rocket science but I suppose people love to cling to a bogeyman.

www.techtransfer.berkeley.edu...
edit on 29-2-2012 by tommyjo because: Malformed link corrected

edit on 29-2-2012 by tommyjo because: Malformed link corrected

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I have a tornado watch right now in Ohio. Some storms are starting to pop up. Doubt anything big though.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Sorry, this is not a chemtrail thread, and I will not allow it to be derailed by a known chemtrail nay-sayer.

I know what I see, and I know what normal contrails are. I knew that someone would come on and start a "only a kook thinks a contrail is a chemtrail" argument because of my last post. Clinging to boogeymen? Pffft....save it for somebody else. I don't appreciate your insults.

I decline to debate chemtrails with you on this thread, thank you very much. Save it for the geoengineering / chemtrail threads..

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Hopefully it's nothing. Stay safe!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join