It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head's Up Arkansas, Missouri, eastern Oklahoma

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

The one in ...jumped my house (prayers?) and now Lebanon is in a dangerous situation, that is east of us. This is a fast moving storm. At least one on the ground there now.
edit on 29-2-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The weather casters just said the language the NWS is using is indeed 'sobering' to say the least.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Arkansas mo. line under warning now.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Large tractor trailer blown off I44. east of us. This is so fast moving. Please take shelter those east 65.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Looks like significant damage in Lebanon. Christian and Stone counties now under the gun.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Debris balls mean heightened radar signatures, could be shingles or trees, also sounds like more semis getting hit.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Though my warnings are till 3 am, I find it frustrating that all channels have different info. I dont know if its for ratings, but this is peoples lives.

Is this just my area, or are people beginning to notice that the stranger the weather pattern the less informed the news gets?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I have been hearing sirens going by, this means injuries from the Buffalo mo. region headed to the hospital....

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Take these warnings very serious, I have been through many warnings, this was different. It is short lived and fast moving, take it seriously.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Thanks for all the reporting.
This link has numerous maps and live coverage of the affected areas. Scroll down to see them all.
www.livewxradar.com...
Hope folks are able to stay safe!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I am fully aware and taking this very serious, I have about 8 local channels going and all seem to have different perspectives, one channel says Im in danger, and others say its ok. Just in the last 10 minutes they lowered down the warning time an hour.

I get anxiety when this happens and it doesnt help with elevating my fear just based on a different channel.

Peace, NRE.

BTE I was just making a mental note, as this is keeping me distracted.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

You know I said the same thing about my area which is devastated, we will not know the extent until morning, my property was in it as well.

What got me was how the news casters played this down allllll day, I felt something was up, but according to them, it was a slight risk.

I know what you mean. So you have a couple hours before it hits? Please be safe and know that others are here at least online with you.

Funny, sat tv kept going off but I never lost computer, so this thread was my lifeline.

Thank you OP.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
here is a little something to add to the mix

www.haarpstatus.com...

parallel thred here

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29-2-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
in Saint Louis here.. hope it passes without incident.. prayers to those impacted.. I think we here are all too used to the tornado sirens and most of the time ignore them.. could have severe consequences one of these times.. Good lookin out friend..

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Mason

Hi im from phoenix, az and the wind started early yesterday morning. It was windier than usual. just looked out my window and its not windy right now.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Governor declares “State of Disaster” emergency for Wabaunsee County

Link

Stay safe buddy.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Just freking great, another ahem pardon my french, day in the weather walking to class.
Seriously, they should close the schools. So, unfair. We are in the red zone. But noooooooooooo, they'll wait till I get there to announce it, then all the teachers will cancel while I'm sitting in my car waiting for class to start. UGH. What a waste of gas. And like I want to get drenched. Again.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Here in the Kansas City Missouri area, the rain and winds were vicious but no tornato sirens.
I went to get a coffee about 3:30 (helps me sleep when I have insomnia) and there were limbs and dibris but I did not see any damage.
The wind is still blowing the tree limbs against the house (need to have them trimed obviously) and the streets are almost dry from the wind.
Good luck Illinois! Its headed your way...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Hey Guys, just wanted to check in to say things are ok here with me. There were 6 tornadoes in areas around me. Lot of damage to property, I have not heard of any deaths or injuries. So far it looks like smaller tornadoes, nothing like what hit Joplin last year, Thank God.

Edited to add, 1 death, dozens injured
edit on 29-2-2012 by Iamschist because: see above

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
just saw a bit on the news and came here to check this post. the OP cure was right! i don't have time to see what all everyone has posted yet. i hope everyone is okay!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join