It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by miniatus

I got a question about the releasing of emails, who cares? What do these emails do for anyone, besides spammers & ad companies? Anon and other hackers do this too and I never see the point in it besides hackers showing off their ability to hack.

Who cares about emails?

They did not just take emails.

They have their address of where they live. Their work/personal phone numbers. Their credit card information. Their work/personal emails. Work and Personal usernames and passwords. And, Their real names

In the hands of the wrong people and they just put these these families in danger.

Some are the US military men. How is it fair to them after they busted their arse fighting for a country? They had nothing to do with what is going on in politics and stratfor.[
edit on 27-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Here's the Wired coverage of the release which supports the assertion that Wikileaks intentionally ignored main stream media.

Members of Anonymous with direct knowledge of the hack and transfer of data to WikiLeaks told Wired that the group decided to turn the information over to WikiLeaks because the site was more capable of analyzing and spreading the leaked information than Anonymous would be....

.....Anons also told Wired that future collaborations with WikiLeaks could involve a series of hacks that will be announced, one after another, every Friday for the foreseeable future. If that happens, the Stratfor e-mail release could be the first sign of a new, powerful alliance between the two groups, each of which has vexed and angered the world’s most powerful governments and corporations.

A document provided to Wired that could not be authenticated indicated that the media partners of WikiLeaks agreed to parcel out stories on the leaks over the coming week and a half. Those media partners do not include previous partners such as the Guardian and U.S. partners The New York Times and the Washington Post.

Wikileaks Pairs with Anonymous to Publish Intelligence Firm’s Dirty Laundry

link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Quantum Logic

Im probably one of the more positive people towards wiki leaks and blowing open conspiracies.

But this leak is yet to have anything of substance.

Peoples opinions, thoughts, idea's, beliefs and assumptions at stratfor as as critical as peoples at ats.

The fact that the CEO stepped down just 30 minutes after the release is pretty damning to Stratfor IMO. And makes me think this has legs.

link   

Im probably one of the more positive people towards wiki leaks and blowing open conspiracies.

Peoples opinions, thoughts, idea's, beliefs and assumptions at stratfor as as critical as peoples at ats.

You are overlooking the fact that these people deal in prvillaged information on a daily basis!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Thing are heating up from Twitter

✩ Syrian Commando ✩‏@syriancommando

URGENT: Russian television: #Russia-n special services foiled a terrorist plot to assassinate Vladimir Putin. America is desperate.

Retweeted by Anonymous Sweden

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

That type of reverse psychology will not work on me. It is an intelligence gathering company, and as such their opinions are at the very core of what they do. And again, you are downplaying the importance of the event. Wait until the GS mails come out in a short while.....

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Thing are heating up from Twitter

✩ Syrian Commando ✩‏@syriancommando

URGENT: Russian television: #Russia-n special services foiled a terrorist plot to assassinate Vladimir Putin. America is desperate.

Retweeted by Anonymous Sweden

Putin assassination attempt link

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Someone might have posted this one already.....but if not, I found it really interesting about the Arab Spring...It's basically suggesting that it was orchestrated by the Egyptian Military, rather than being an uprising that started with the people of Egypt...

"To understand the Arab Spring one must first understand the factors that
led to it. This is a discussion that must begin, not with the aspirations
of those that protested in Tahrir square, but with the strategic
imperatives of the military, the true vanguard of the Egyptian state."

"On the day that Mubarak
ultimately stepped down the protests reached their peak. By the most
aggressive estimate only 750,000 people -- less than 1 percent of the
population of densely populated Egypt a** took to the streets. In true
revolutions such as that which overthrew Communism in Central Europe or
the shah in Iran, the proportion regularly breached 10 percent and on
occasions even touched 50 percent. In short, Egypta**s Arab Spring was a
palace coup, not a revolution."

http://__._/gifiles/docs/309308_re-for-comment-conclusion-to-egypt-monograph-contemporary.html

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by miniatus

I got a question about the releasing of emails, who cares? What do these emails do for anyone, besides spammers & ad companies? Anon and other hackers do this too and I never see the point in it besides hackers showing off their ability to hack.

Who cares about emails?

They have their address of where they live. Their work/personal phone numbers. Their credit card information. Their work/personal emails. Work and Personal usernames and passwords. And, Their real names

In the hands of the wrong people and they just put these these families in danger.

Some are the US military men. How is it fair to them after they busted their arse fighting for a country? They had nothing to do with what is going on in politics and stratfor.[

If they are participating in illicit and illegal activity, they should be brought to justice. If you do not see that, then your unwillingness to see the facts is only compounding the situation. Don't think for a minute that those involved with this group of individuals doesn't know EXACTLY what they are doing.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

they will for one, show what is really going on in Syria.

I was waiting for something like this before even touching the Syria issue. STRATFOR is behind Syrian uprisings.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
has any one opened up any of these 4 files yet? it wants to download and im not sure i want to

global intelligence files

wow on some the info that is released. i cant stop reading now...
edit on 27-2-2012 by NISMOALTI because: (no reason given)

never mind...
edit on 27-2-2012 by NISMOALTI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by drivebricker

Yeah but watch yourself. She seems like a real femme fatale.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I am talking about the service men who lay their life on the line everyday. For peoples rights. When they hacked STRATFOR, they had access to all that information, whether innocent or guilty. And when released, it can be seen by anyone. Just like we are seeing now. So, the innocent will suffer just for being affiliated, to catch the guilty. It's all fun and games until someone who is innocent gets hurt in the end. That's all I'm saying. It's not fair to them.

Besides, some things should be kept secret. Why would you want to give out your location when your fighting a war?

Look at the whole big picture. They are not just hurting the guilty parties. They are giving away intelligence information that other countries shouldn't be aware of, or have in possession. It's stupid on their part.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

So, the innocent will suffer just for being affiliated, to catch the guilty. It's all fun and games until someone who is innocent gets hurt in the end.

Were you going for the irony there or was that just a brilliant accident?

The entire theme of our military aggression for the past half-century has been to kill innocents in order to catch a few that are guilty. If you want to stay out of it, don't sign up to kill people. If a person's morals are flexible enough to invade a sovereign nation for a discount on college tuition, then I'm sure that same person can't fault somebody else leaking their information for something that is actually noble.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
IMO, the little fish should be thrown in the freezer for now. When the the dust settles, we should go after the big fishes behind all this. Do to them what they planned for us for ceturies! I would very much like to see the likes of the supra-elite, (to not name any names) spending their nights in a FEMA camp and by day shoveling in a pizz-ditch till their hands bleed and then shovel some more for 1 meal a day!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Wow! They're talking about Israel (Izzies?) penetrating one of Iran's nuclear facilities and trying to blow it up.

By the way this is from:
185945_re-alpha-s3-g3-israel-iran-barak-hails-munitions-blast-in.html

On 11/14/2011 8:06 AM, Kamran Bokhari wrote:

Penetrating a major military installation and causing a blast is a
totally different ballgame. Not saying it can't happen. But we
can't assume that because they did stuxnet that they are capable
of doing this blast as well. It is a huge leap in capabilities.

==================================================More

"If a direct conflict between Iran and Israel erupts, Russia and
Saudi Arabia will gain the advantages on oil increasing prices.
On the other hand, China and Europe are expected to loose from
an oil crisis as a result of a conflict. Based on Israeli plans,
the attack on Iran will last only 48 hours but will be so
destructive that Iran will be unable to retaliate or recover and
the government will fall. It is hard to believe that Hamas or
Hezbollah will try to get involved in this conflict."
edit on 27-2-2012 by questforevidence because:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
is there any possibility of the internet going "off line" in the next few days due too all this leaking.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

No. What will most likely happen is this. The US Government and its allies will investigate who leaked all of this information and they will arrest them. Same thing with Anonymous. We are going to see more Bradley Mannings in the world. The only problem I see is the public of America. As a whole, most of them are familiar with Wikileaks but they don't want to know about it. Kind of like "the truth is a bitter pill." Granted the people on Above Top Secret and others are committed to investigating the truth, a large population of us don't care what the truth is. If there is any really juicy information being released, and this information has devastating effects, then most Americans will want to know the truth.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by questforevidence

actually they are just talking if this could be the case....they seem to be talking about some smaller occurance and saying this blast occurance could be a much more difficult task....

Been reading through a lot of this stuff meself so far...and really it seems to reading more like...a ATS bulletin board discussion going back and forth with a bunch of paranoia kicked in there for fun....now if these are actually how the intelligence based community works ....then we are all in trouble as it is so full of speculation and what if's it is rediculous.

But please keep on looking as there might be that special gem that comes forwrd....and remeber to check the names of whom is sending and who is receiving as it will help to define the level of the coverstaion going on....aslo remember this is emails...and can be one sided and taken out of context.....so really...IMHO....no real wow moment on this one.

go here and you will see how this view point came about.

SOURCE

I would say there is some bias there would you not.....
edit on 022929p://f39Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

After having gone through and looked at some of what is online, I agree entirely with you about being real concerned. This isn't a helpful hack and this could be worse than anything Manning did. Some of what I saw there would be classified top secret and then some if it existed in a formal intelligence agency. Not for the content as much as, like you say, identifiable details of who is who.

I got a bad feeling even reading the stuff and I'm not sure how much, if any, I'll be reading of what else comes. It almost feels dirty... Hard to describe. This leak is different from all the others though. This isn't good.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join