It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

Originally posted by Equ1nox
What really annoys me is that the BBC are making no mention of it at all on their news.

They have, they just didnt go into any detail.

I'm talking about on TV, not the web. Their 24hr news service just churns out the same few stories over and over repeated endless times throughout the day, there is also a red button to bring up the interactive section so you can click individual stories. There no mention at all of the leak, not even a tiny snippet, they are happy to just repeat the same old stories over and over non stop and black out what they choose to. Some of the stories they tell are so pathetic they are nothing compared this leak.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

They can't all be afraid. The beauty of 'the media' is that it is much more than a few international news outlets and television stations. What we call Main Stream Media is quickly becoming Lame Stream Media as the world is now much more connected through the internet.

Information is the new black.

As governments try to control the internet and the free flow of information, the blow back against such restrictions have so far negated any such attempt.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

As governments try to control the internet and the free flow of information, the blow back against such restrictions have so far negated any such attempt.

Good thing too, huh? What's that line about spyware in our computers, phones and everything?

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.

...Suck on that one Stratfor.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Quite a growth over a four year period. Source

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
http:///w0uQ1XX1

The CEO of Stratfor resigned 18 minutes ago...

Edit for better link - www.dailykos.com...
edit on Sun, 26 Feb 2012 20:21:48 -0600 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

To: [email protected]
Subject: Draft

Date: 2012-02-26 19:02:07

It is with great personal disappointment I have to inform you that I will resign from my position as CEO for Stratfor to immediate effect.

It's a hoax. In January, Stratfor sent an e-mail to subscribers warning of communications from this e-mail address attempting to solicit personal information from Stratfor customers:

Note this part of their press release:

Under the continued leadership of founder and Chief Executive Officer George Friedman, Stratfor will not be silenced and will continue to publish the geopolitical analysis our friends and subscribers have come to rely upon.

edit on 27/2/12 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by Mizzijr

WRONG.

Once corporations completely control government they'll simply re-instate whatever legislation/controls they want...

It's absurd to think that corporations will behave within rule of law...

Seriously, man, what year are you living in? Do you live under a rock or something? You just described exactly what has already happened. Corporations (and unions) already have complete control over government.

Who decides who gets to run for office?
They do - they buy candidates.

Who writes the legislation?
They do - through lobbying.

Who owns the media?
They do.

Deny ignorance.

As far as this whole email thing goes, it honestly reeks of hoax. I hope I'm wrong, but it all seems too good to be true. A couple of other observations:

1) The intelligence crowd is dominated by many ex-military types (I've known quite a few in the field). Yet, there seems to be a a distinct lack of military jargon in these emails, looks a lot more like 'civy' language to me - might just be me over analyzing, any other military military types notice this?

2) To be honest, this struck me as exactly the kind of thing you might expect anon to be involved in: fabrication of emails to further their cause.
edit on 27-2-2012 by CaptainIraq because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Paper terrorism

Now I done heard everything. From the FBI document found here

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Personally, I believe this all to be genuine and that Stratfor took a salvo in the bow! She's one sunk ship!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The USA originally had numerous laws, checks and balances to keep corporations from taking control and neutralizing democracy. All have been eroded or rescinded, and we're entering the final phase of a new era - the age of global corporate government.

Companies like Stratfor are helping secure global corporate government, and taking away what little democracy we have left. "Government by the people for the people" is NOT on the agenda.

This release is no hoax - Wikileaks is still trying. We need to respect that, even if we don't do anything to help.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
SO WHAT?!?

If and i strongly EMPHASE....IF!!
there were emails that would be
SMOKIN HOT...

NOTHING would happen anyway..

There will be no pressing charges.
No "see you in court".
NO ONE will go to jail.

If we dont burn the citys we live in, or bomb our
streets, or kill people..Theres NOTHING we say
that would change that..

We are NOTHING...

YET, without us, THEY are nothing..

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
" They" are falling, one giant at a time!.

edit on 27-2-2012 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
is it confirmed he's resigned?\

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Confirmation of what we already knew as to who was responsible for Stuxnet?

I quote
"On 11/14/2011 8:06 AM, Kamran Bokhari wrote:

Penetrating a major military installation and causing a blast is a
totally different ballgame. Not saying it can't happen. But we
can't assume that because they did stuxnet that they are capable
of doing this blast as well. It is a huge leap in capabilities."

One of the first emails I have read in reference to the explosions in Iran
http://__._/gifiles/docs/185945_re-alpha-s3-g3-israel-iran-barak-hails-munitions-blast-in.html

PS it is an interesting insight to read their jargon
http://__._/IMG/pdf/The_Stratfor_Glossary_of_Useful_Baffling_and_Strange_Intelligence_Terms.pdf

I like NSA
National Security Agency. Also called The Fort. Owns
Sigint and Elint. Completely out of control. It is so
compartmentalized they refer to other offices as B1 or D8
and genuinely don’t know what anyone else does.

Completely out of control you say?

edit on 27-2-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Oh #, I was way off. I mixed these guys up with another company in my head. Kerley is right about it's analytical functions. The main public platform they are selling can crunch a lot of data and is used to identify and track fraudulent activity. These guys also came up for working with HBGary in trying to monitor wikileaks. I think Palantir is up to some shadier stuff to. Including funding facebook........ (palantir's CEO is even depicted in the movie)

This was an interesting read

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainIraq

It has NOT happened completely.

Where it HAS happened it has happened due to previous deregulation and lack of meaningful legislation in the first instance.

The solution to the problem is NOT deregulation. That would remove the rest of the barriers to a completely corporate controlled government.

At this point (as per these leaks) DOW has to try and subvert government, if deregulation happened DOW (e.g) would control the government.

Fix government, don't cede it's power completely to unaccountable, undemocratically controlled business.

Think of it like this:

The cops are corrupt, yet we need policing. Option A) root out corruption in the police. Option B) let an unaccountable and monopolized business police the streets.

edit on 27-2-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Saw this on twitter last night. That list of terms/definitions is comedy gold

My fav definition:

Duplicitous little bastards=Israeli intelligence. Truer words were never spoken

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Oh #, I was way off. I mixed these guys up with another company in my head. Kerley is right about it's analytical functions. The main public platform they are selling can crunch a lot of data and is used to identify and track fraudulent activity. These guys also came up for working with HBGary in trying to monitor wikileaks. I think Palantir is up to some shadier stuff to. Including funding facebook........ (palantir's CEO is even depicted in the movie)

This was an interesting read

Yeah this
I think Palantir is up to some shadier stuff to. Including funding
facebook........ (palantir's CEO is even depicted in the movie)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You know what they say,"birds of a feather....Maybe in the case of corporate interest and gov, one bad apple does spoil the whole bunch!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Assange press conference

sherriequestioningall.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by reenie217
Assange press conference

sherriequestioningall.blogspot.com...

Oh nice grab!!

watchin'

new topics