It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Stratfor's content is freely available for the moment. No subscription required. There may be some goodies in there, but for the most part they are mundane. Stratfor accepts emails from anyone about anything. There are probably a few of mine in there. I'm quick to take them to task when they screw up a Carrier Strike Group's whereabouts, for example. I am a subscriber to their service. Compared to some place like Debkafile, they can be quite accurate. I find some of their analyses to be on the shallow side, particularly their weekly "Above the Tearline" videos which leave you rolling your eyes because of their simplicity. Sometimes I think they like to play at being wannabe spies.

They are certainly better than the NYT or CNN, though. Maybe not so good at securing their web site. My credit card was compromised because of their failure, so I had to scramble to cancel and change it. They knew what happened early December and didn't tell anyone until December 24th. No harm done to me, personally, but these guys could have done better. I also have the Lifelock service. They told me my credit card and email had been compromised in late January. Obviously they are useless and won't be getting my renewal.

The way front organizations work is by actually running as front organizations. If in fact Stratfor is doing what is suggested, they simply run as a mundane intelligence service *AS A FRONT* and then carry on their shadow intelligence gathering in the background.

The way this is done like that is that people are very easy to mislead by "openness", as you have demonstrated in your post.

-rrr

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Now we see the truth about Mega Corporations...

DOW was paying Stratfor to spy, as part of its attempt to stop US gov from regulating dangerous chemicals in their plastics..

All you Paul fans still think deregulation is a great idea??

This is some very #ed up stuff going on here...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Live stream www.ustream.tv...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by herenow

The sad part is, as an IT/security type, you basically have to be right 100% of the time, where as hackers only need to be right 1% of the time to gain access. it really is a losing war when you consider the odds.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
All you Paul fans still think deregulation is a great idea??

Yes, very much so. If we cut back on Government Control we also cut back on Corporation Control. There is power in being a citizen as well as a consumer.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Absolutely false.

Deregulation would simply allow corporations to shape governments to their own ends... If it suited them to make gov large again they could, if no regulations... silly argument...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Look at what you're saying. How could they shape Government if the Government themselves have little to no control over the people. It's like telling a dog owner to tell his dog to "sit" if the owner hasn't trained their dog, it won't "sit" therefore the owner can not comply. Paul and the supporters want it back to where "The People" rules the Government. You do realize that is how it was meant to be right?
edit on 27-2-2012 by Mizzijr because: literary

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
+++ Stratfor set up own hedgefund with Goldman Sachs bigwig to make money off of classified intell data... and hid it via offshore accts +++

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
It can be quite revealing, especially if talking about corruption or wrongdoing ..
. So its ok to illegally obtain emails, as long as it is catching someone doing something? So they wont take emails with personal information and use it against gou smehow? So taking my emails is ok? Or just large companies. Honestly, if you have something secret to say to someone, you tell them in person. Phones are tapped. Emails hacked.. Theres only in person..

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

WRONG.

Once corporations completely control government they'll simply re-instate whatever legislation/controls they want...

It's absurd to think that corporations will behave within rule of law...

There's no reason to think corporations will simply leave gov alone once they are deregulated.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Pakistan bashing continues. How convenient it is to ignore the huge size of India cocuss and the campaign funding they receive from India through Indian Americans acting as conduits. No one talks about the covert and overt influence israel enjoys through funding American congressmen and the control Israel has on American policies through coercion and fear of Jewish lobby. Since FBI is involved the blessing of US administration is obvious. Unfortunately this PAK bashing is earning hatred for US in a normally pro US country specially it's Armed Forces. This campaign to browbeat or pressurize Pakistan will have an opposite effect in a society where respect is valued and enmities leave memories for generations

Email-ID 5505395, found that one pretty interesting.
edit on Mon, 27 Feb 2012 06:59:35 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

It wouldn't matter how much they bribe the government. They could still try but if there is a break in the chain plans will fall short, if the government can't reach the people it will fail. It could only happen the way it is now. The system is designed to keep the people from implementing control. Through a corrupt government, corrupt corporations can pretty much do as they please because the government is greedy. The government just has to implement fear and make the people relinquish control and *boom* it starts. It's already happened, right now, and it started in a way I'm describing. It starts with a corrupt government. It can't start any other way.

I don't know how else to break it to you. You do speak Native English right?
edit on 27-2-2012 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Below is a statement from Stratfor on release of company emails by Wikileaks:

In December, thieves compromised Stratfor's data systems and stole a large number of company emails, along with other private information of Stratfor readers, subscribers and employees. Those stolen emails apparently will be published by Wikileaks. This is a deplorable, unfortunate — and illegal — breach of privacy.

Some of the emails may be forged or altered to include inaccuracies; some may be authentic. We will not validate either. Nor will we explain the thinking that went into them. Having had our property stolen, we will not be victimized twice by submitting to questioning about them.

For subscribers and friends of Stratfor, we stress that the disclosure of these emails does not mean that there has been another hack of Stratfor's computer and data systems. Stratfor's data systems, which we have worked hard to rebuild since the December hack, remain secure and protected.

As with last year's hack, the release of these emails is a direct attack on Stratfor. This is another attempt to silence and intimidate the company, and one we reject. Under the continued leadership of founder and Chief Executive Officer George Friedman, Stratfor will not be silenced and will continue to publish the geopolitical analysis our friends and subscribers have come to rely upon.

Full Statement

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
What really annoys me is that the BBC are making no mention of it at all on their news, there's not even a short piece on it on their interactive service, yet they are happy to talk about HSBC making 13bil+ profits.

Total media blackouts i really hate, it just proves what is being done on purpose and shows you exactly what the real issues are. The fact that these leaks are being completely blocked from the BBC tells a huge amount.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Equ1nox

Maybe they are all a little scared, Who knows what media is involved in all this mess!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
i foudn this intresting
http://__._/gifiles/docs/347043_insight-mccain-5-internal-use-only-pls-do-not-forward-.html

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equ1nox
What really annoys me is that the BBC are making no mention of it at all on their news.

They have, they just didnt go into any detail.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It is being covered on MSNBC.com

And they had this little bit to say.

It said Friedman had not resigned as CEO, contrary to a bogus email circulating on the Internet.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Wow looks like the vice president of the company is a racist!

On 9/14/11 9:15 AM, Fred Burton wrote: Good skinny. This is what is defined as a credible source. Not some windbag Paki academic belching and passing gas.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow i found another real intresting doc.

http://__._/gifiles/docs/5280688_re-fwd-re-pls-fwd-to-fred-.html

email to the CEO, the position of the house they are talking about is here "Ulenweg 6 49453 Hemsloh, Germany"
edit on 27-2-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

This "deplorable, unfortunate — and illegal — breach of privacy" is what ordinary people are expected to accept without complaint. Our Internet freedoms are being destroyed as we speak. For us and them:

If you have nothing to hide, why worry?

Yeah Asala. S&F&

edit on 27/2/12 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join