It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rising gas prices are due to free market forces...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

Originally posted by mastahunta

There is no competition between drug dealers because you personally do not see them on every corner? How the hell does anyone come up with that?

Well because drug dealers usually wear signs and giant pink track suits

This is nonsense. There is no competition in the black market drug trade? OK BUDDY! I guess they murder each other out of good sportsmanship.

No competition what so ever, if fact they usually buy each other roses.

LMAO.

I guess my problem is being involved with all the wrong types of drugs and or dealers of them. I need to move where JP is from where the drug cartels and individual dealers all work together as part of a community outreach program to help promote each other's wears at the lowest possible prices.

That sounds fantastic! Here I am stuck in reality with you.
edit on 26-2-2012 by LErickson because: (no reason given)

yes, I like the doughnuts at the end myself, or is that church I'm talking about???

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Semicollegiate

reply to post by mastahunta

Submit, fight or go elsewhere.

Actually a monopoly means that the consumers were asleep at the switch. Which implies that education is the most important single cultural requirement.

But as the game demonstrates, there is a point where the act of competition become a futile
endeavor

I certainly know the state can grant monopolies, but the same state could also determine
that one company is only allowed to hold 3% of the market place.

4'11'' people are never professional basketball players. In a free market, each person should find out what they can do successfully and do it.

The state can't make decisions locally (at the level of your life) as astutely as you, because it can't percieve and evaluate all of the data that you can, because it's not you.

But in a free market, I can dump my chemicals in your ground water, give your family cancer
and then burry you in lawyers fees so you can't do a goddamned thing about it.

Or I can shut of my oil electricity producing plant in the middle of summer so that I can charge
everyone more because "supply is Low".

The best part about the free market is there are millions of foot soldiers ready assassinate
anyone who see flaws within the system.

Free Market has, free body guards

edit on 26-2-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LErickson

The Tea Party was not upset over who was taxing them, how much, and why, just that they were being taxed?

That is what you wrote. There is a noticeable difference between the Tea Party and the historical event the Boston Tea Party.

The tax act placed upon tea that sparked the Boston Tea Party was actually a tax imposed to pay for the British military forces sent to help the Colonists - at the request of the Colonists - to help with the French Indian War. It is arguable that our Founders were a bunch of opportunists who used anti-tax sentiments and the notion of "taxation with representation" to stoke the fires that led to the Boston Tea Party, but tellingly you hope to ignore the initial point I made, which was that in 1773 "Americans" were violently protesting a tax on tea and this became the signal for revolution, but today "Americans" fight desperately to have an income tax. You're a real piece of work, sport.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Monopoly (registered trademark) is a game that is designed to have a winner.

The free market is not?

The free market is a way to trade a surplus for something else.

A farmer grows food. If he grows more than he wants to eat he can trade that surplus for whatever he can get for it.

That's a free market.

You did not answer my question.
Care to try again?

Are you serious?

No, the free market is not designed to have a winner.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

That is what you wrote. There is a noticeable difference between the Tea Party and the historical event the Boston Tea Party.

Seriously? You wrote something about the Boston Tea Party to which I responded referring to only one Tea Party in the EXACT CONTEXT YOU HAD and you got confused and that is my fault?

What the hell did anything in my post have to even do with the teabaggers? It was a direct response to what you wrote about the BOSTON Tea Party. I did not think you really needed me to point out that even though I was talking about what you were talking about and nothing about modern teabaggers, I um am talking about what you are talking about and not modern teabaggers.

Come on. Some one has to try to be that stupid.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Sorry OP. I should have known better. I already went down this road with this poster. I know this can turn into pages of arguing over whether or not it was clear I meant Boston in a thread that has no reason to mention Teabaggers and really little reason to discuss the actual Tea Party (the one in Boston, that is. Sorry I do not give in to Glenn Beck co-opting of terms just yet, BAGGERS!) I knew before I hit the first reply that derailment and obfuscation were soon to follow.

Why do you keep twisting my words with impunity?

That is apparently all he does here. I thought he was more interested in intelligent conversation but I see a barrage of personal attacks aimed at others as well as personal experience with the lying and the twisting. My bad for getting involved there.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Monopoly (registered trademark) is a game that is designed to have a winner.

The free market is not?

The free market is a way to trade a surplus for something else.

A farmer grows food. If he grows more than he wants to eat he can trade that surplus for whatever he can get for it.

That's a free market.

You did not answer my question.
Care to try again?

Are you serious?

I don't think it is designed with intent, design would mean it was contrived and therefore not free.
But I think it produces ultimate winners... Just look at the economic activity in this country.
The more money you have the faster and larger your entire economic horizons grow.
Meanwhile the people with less money are starting to experience a complete reversal of the
same trend, just like in monoploy. In order for those at the top to grow, the bottom seems
to shrink which, I think, is the true nature of monetary competition.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

You are no doubt trying really hard at it, it shows. You've now twice completely ignored my point just to play this stupid game of yours, and of course, none of this game has anything to do with rising gas prices and free market forces, but that's your game isn't it?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

May a god bless you.
Have a great night.
Please go back to spilling your vile poison on others.
Had my fill for now, thanks!
Love ya!
hugs and kisses
-Lilly

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

You are no doubt trying really hard at it, it shows. You've now twice completely ignored my point just to play this stupid game of yours, and of course, none of this game has anything to do with rising gas prices and free market forces, but that's your game isn't it?

OK, so if Oil speculation is not a free market force, do you agree that it should be eliminated by
the government? (because it is not free market and it is also crooked)

I am sure you will have no problem criminalizing something that is not free market, like
Oil speculation...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Are you serious?

Always and only. Deadly so. See that look in my eyes?

OK.
The free market is not "designed" nor a game.
I will give you that.
Now just explain to me how it is any different than a game designed to have a winner.

My car and my sledgehammer are incredibly different things but if only used to smash things, the difference narrows down to little more than quantity of the exact same purpose, process, and result.

So I am listening.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Gee Thanks...

I wonder who he is gonna to bestow that blessed honor upon?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Gee Thanks...

I wonder who he is gonna to bestow that blessed honor upon?

Better not get the #ing # on my fro though

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Submit, fight or go elsewhere.

Actually a monopoly means that the consumers were asleep at the switch. Which implies that education is the most important single cultural requirement.

But as the game demonstrates, there is a point where the act of competition become a futile
endeavor

I certainly know the state can grant monopolies, but the same state could also determine
that one company is only allowed to hold 3% of the market place.

4'11'' people are never professional basketball players. In a free market, each person should find out what they can do successfully and do it.

The state can't make decisions locally (at the level of your life) as astutely as you, because it can't percieve and evaluate all of the data that you can, because it's not you.

But in a free market, I can dump my chemicals in your ground water, give your family cancer
and then burry you in lawyers fees so you can't do a goddamned thing about it.

Or I can shut of my oil electricity producing plant in the middle of summer so that I can charge
everyone more because "supply is Low".

The best part about the free market is there are millions of foot soldiers ready assassinate
anyone who see flaws within the system.

Free Market has, free body guards

edit on 26-2-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

That is not a free market problem. That is a problem with the legal sytem.

In a free market there would be another source of power because of that.

Soldiers come from training, not free markets.

Do you have any assumptions that you base your economics on?

Any basic truths?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Awesome!
We do not even have to play variable games of if and maybe here.
FRACKING.
Go for it.
Work that back into your answer somehow and please explain to me how this would not be a free market problem.

Keep in mind we have reality here to work with. I know ATS is averse to that more often than not. At least that is what my shadow people channel to me from my Pleadian overlords.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Awesome!
FRACKING.

Simple, In a free market you can re arrange the letters and add new ones

Remove the R and the A and insert a U

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Like i said before, a person in a free market should understand economic principles. Money is only a convienient way to trade one product for another. You have to make or contribute to making a product. The more of it you make the more you can trade for.

It's not a game.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

lol.
The only thing I hear from the "conservative" talking heads about this is how we have no morals for begging at least for a touch of lube; Hedonist sodomites that we are. Half of us would not even need it if we at least enjoyed ourselves or wanted it but again its # the people while you know, actually #ing all the people...LIKE IT OR NOT, knaves!
edit on 26-2-2012 by LErickson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Like i said before, a person in a free market should understand economic principles. Money is only a convienient way to trade one product for another. You have to make or contribute to making a product. The more of it you make the more you can trade for.

It's not a game.

Are you trying really hard to not answer what I ask or do you actually not understand the words I write?
I hate repeating myself just for fun so let me know because I would love it if this response actually mattered by being an actual response to the post it seems to be trying to answer.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Awesome!
FRACKING.
Go for it.
Work that back into your answer somehow and please explain to me how this would not be a free market problem.

Keep in mind we have reality here to work with. I know ATS is averse to that more often than not. At least that is what my shadow people channel to me from my Pleadian overlords.

Your great-grandaddy sold mineral rights to some body. And right now most people are selling their grandchildren to the world bank, who knew?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join