It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Rising gas prices are due to free market forces...

page: 14
19
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by mastahunta
 





Its funny that moralists want to force impoverished women to have children, yet they are firmly against the material support welfare provides to support that same life.


Is that right? What do the "moralists" do, take impoverished woman, wait until they're ovulating then force them to have sex with virile men? Wow.



No actually moralists talk about the virtues of Christ's teachings, but then side with bankers in every
argument and then regularly complain how the wretched unaborted children are stealing their money
when the state pays for the incidentals of life.

Or how about the moralists in virginia that wanted to force woman to get camera's stuck up
them if they wanted to get an abortion. Sounds small government to me, raping with with camera's
sounds very moral too I might add.




posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by mastahunta
 


Are you seriously pretending that you haven't made the argument that the rise of kings in Europe came from free markets, or are you pretending that feudalism is just another word for free markets. Dang, you just keep digging that hole deeper and deeper.


Tribalism proceeded feudalism, in tribalism free trade existed almost exclusively.
Yes, I am saying free trade evolved into monarchy through various forms of conquest.

I think pure free trade here would evolve into feudalism


Not really tribalism was pretty much monarchy with a chief and his lieutenants as head over the tribe controlling things and getting the lions share of any trade.



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta
 


Of course all your histrionics don't support your contention that "moralists" force impoverished women to have children. Again, if your cause is so just then why are you so intent on lying to sell your cause?



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye
 


Ah, you see the world I seek to achieve.

I think we could get there if those who seek the truth could come together.



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by mastahunta
 


Of course all your histrionics don't support your contention that "moralists" force impoverished women to have children. Again, if your cause is so just then why are you so intent on lying to sell your cause?





If a woman wants and abortion, but the moralists have used the state and big government
tactics to bar her efforts they have forced her to have a child. They did not force her to have
sex which is where your fallacy begins and ends.

I am not hysterical, I am very relaxed drinking a beer, thanks for your concern though.

Why do you keep twisting my words with impunity?



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by mastahunta






Tribalism proceeded feudalism, in tribalism free trade existed almost exclusively.
Yes, I am saying free trade evolved into monarchy through various forms of conquest.

I think pure free trade here would evolve into feudalism


In tribalism the chief "owned" everything and doled it out in a way that most people liked most of the time.

In between tribalism and feudalism emergegd civilization.

In the beginning of the agricultural revolution all graves had the same amount of stuff. Over time some graves had more than others. After that city states emerged.

The problems you ascribe to free trade are really problems with society.

In an imperfect society-- society,and so government, should have as little power as possible.



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by hawkiye
 


Ah, you see the world I seek to achieve.

I think we could get there if those who seek the truth could come together.



I'd like to think that, but not if they believe in a religion based on economics,
if the truth does not fit their religious beliefs they will attack you, unfortunately
we already know that is the case.



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by mastahunta
 


Are you seriously pretending that you haven't made the argument that the rise of kings in Europe came from free markets, or are you pretending that feudalism is just another word for free markets. Dang, you just keep digging that hole deeper and deeper.





Tribalism proceeded feudalism, in tribalism free trade existed almost exclusively.
Yes, I am saying free trade evolved into monarchy through various forms of conquest.

I think pure free trade here would evolve into feudalism



Tribalism definition:


1. The organization, culture, or beliefs of a tribe. 2. A strong feeling of identity with and loyalty to one's tribe or group.


Google the search word tribalism free trade and the first entry will be your own post in this thread. Wow. You come at the top of the list for sites that claim tribalism was the same as free trade. Reification does not make your statement true.



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta
 





Why do you keep twisting my words with impunity?


Ha ha ha ha ha! Seriously, sober up! You claimed "moralists" force impoverished women to have children, and now you backpedal pretending that a woman has no responsibility for their own pregnancy.



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by poet1b
 


The Revolution of 1776 really did not establish our freedoms. Certainly not for the slaves, and it didn't take too long for the Alien and Sedition Acts after the establishment of a strong central government. Further, the Revolution for Independence was sparked by a tax on tea. At the time income tax was nonexistent. Income tax exists now and nary a fight against it other than protest. Why? It ain't because we're free. We're just told we are and generally told by tax supported officials, employees, and teachers. Sigh.





No one was freed by the revolution?
The revolution was sparked by sales tax?
The Tea Party was not upset over who was taxing them, how much, and why, just that they were being taxed?

You have a lot to teach me.



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LErickson
 


That's right, sport let's pretend like the pretentious "Tea Party" is just like the actual Boston Tea Party which was a direct action against a tax. Let's pretend like the poser "Tea Party" fought the 2nd Revolution for Independence. Let's pretend like you really are interested in being taught anything at all.



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Further, you nonsense that the "kings of Europe won the competition game which began as a free market system is pure Marxism and has nothing at all to with actual free market principles. If your cause is so just why do you feel compelled to distort the truth as you do?





There is no competition between drug dealers because you personally do not see them on every corner? How the hell does anyone come up with that?
Drug dealers are not going door to door and offering great sales deals for a reason.
They do not have to.

What you wrote sounds like a great sentence in that it appears to make sense and involve information but the reality is that you pulled it from your backside just to try and keep up your half of the argument.

I would love to see you demonstrate how there is any validity in what you said in your next post. I just already know that you cannot respond to people on ATS without making up things they said and insisting they have said them so I am not even really interested in your response.

This is nonsense. There is no competition in the black market drug trade? OK BUDDY! I guess they murder each other out of good sportsmanship.



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Further, you nonsense that the "kings of Europe won the competition game which began as a free market system is pure Marxism and has nothing at all to with actual free market principles. If your cause is so just why do you feel compelled to distort the truth as you do?





There is no competition between drug dealers because you personally do not see them on every corner? How the hell does anyone come up with that?
Drug dealers are not going door to door and offering great sales deals for a reason.
They do not have to.

What you wrote sounds like a great sentence in that it appears to make sense and involve information but the reality is that you pulled it from your backside just to try and keep up your half of the argument.

I would love to see you demonstrate how there is any validity in what you said in your next post. I just already know that you cannot respond to people on ATS without making up things they said and insisting they have said them so I am not even really interested in your response.

This is nonsense. There is no competition in the black market drug trade? OK BUDDY! I guess they murder each other out of good sportsmanship.


Dude, first of all you quoted me for saying one thing and then speak to something else entirely. Secondly, I never said there was "no competition" among "illegal" drug dealers. My point was that because of drug prohibition laws most people do not enter that market to compete, thus the cartelization of illicit drugs.



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by mastahunta
 


Are you seriously pretending that you haven't made the argument that the rise of kings in Europe came from free markets, or are you pretending that feudalism is just another word for free markets. Dang, you just keep digging that hole deeper and deeper.





Tribalism proceeded feudalism, in tribalism free trade existed almost exclusively.
Yes, I am saying free trade evolved into monarchy through various forms of conquest.

I think pure free trade here would evolve into feudalism



Tribalism definition:


1. The organization, culture, or beliefs of a tribe. 2. A strong feeling of identity with and loyalty to one's tribe or group.


Google the search word tribalism free trade and the first entry will be your own post in this thread. Wow. You come at the top of the list for sites that claim tribalism was the same as free trade. Reification does not make your statement true.



You just keep up with the twisting of words don't you?

Tribes were not subject to a state or regulations, you could trade based upon the laws of supply and
demand.

Your mistaken in continually personifying a practice.



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by mastahunta
 





Why do you keep twisting my words with impunity?


Ha ha ha ha ha! Seriously, sober up! You claimed "moralists" force impoverished women to have children, and now you backpedal pretending that a woman has no responsibility for their own pregnancy.



Again with twisting my words, you are really good at that.

You are pretending that religious zealots don't use the political system
to legislate their sense of morality upon women. And in the case of
rape I KNOW women do no have that responsibility, but you might
have been to busy twisting to think outside your little box.



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta
 


Twisting your words? So, you are not claiming that tribalism was the free market system that led to feudalism. Dude seriously, sober up.



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson



There is no competition between drug dealers because you personally do not see them on every corner? How the hell does anyone come up with that?

Well because drug dealers usually wear signs and giant pink track suits




This is nonsense. There is no competition in the black market drug trade? OK BUDDY! I guess they murder each other out of good sportsmanship.


No competition what so ever, if fact they usually buy each other roses.



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by mastahunta
 


Twisting your words? So, you are not claiming that tribalism was the free market system that led to feudalism. Dude seriously, sober up.





No I am saying that before laws and governments were established men traded
in a free market manner. But I am saying that the competitive principle eventually
evolved into consolidation of power through centuries of competition.

And yes, I am stinking drunk because I had a Bud, it totally invalidates everything I have
been saying for the last six hours.

You have unleashed ad hominems six or seven times already, maybe eight is a charm?

edit on 26-2-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LErickson
 


English Colonists were isolated from Europe by the Atlantic Ocean. The colonists recieved neccessary supplies from England in the beginning but after 100 years or so had developed ther own industry and economy to the point that they were getting nothing from England but taxes and restrictions on trade with other nations. Also England wanted to control the colonial currency.

The American Revolution was to keep our independance more than to start our independance.



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

edit on 26-2-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
19
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join