It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock And Metal Musicians You Would Choose To Form The Ultimate Fantasy Supergroup?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by blocula

Here is my list for the ultimate fantasy group.
Singer...Tie between Robert Plant and Ozzy Osbourne.
Guitar...Jimi Hendrix
Bassist...Geezer Butler
Drums...John Bonham
One of the choices that i thought of also included robert plant as singer and jimi hendrix as guitarist,although jimmy page in Led Zeppelin was the most amazing guitarist of all time...imo...

Heres another fantasy lineup that would really rock...

Bon Scott...Vocals
Jimi Hendrix...Guitar
Geezer Butler...Bass
Keith Moon...Drums

That band would have one helluva Punk/Metal "additude"...
edit on 26-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Roger Daltrey...from 1971...Vocals
Jimi Hendrix...from 1967...Guitar
Geezer Butler...from 1973...Bass
John Bonham...from 1971...Drums

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Ozzy
Eddie Van Halen
Cliff Burton
Keith Moon

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
al jourgensen (lead rhythim, vocals)
roger daltry (duet vocals with al)
tim skold (lead guitar, bass, backing vocals)
pickles (drums)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Robert Plant...from 1971...Vocals

Randy Rhoads...from 1981...Guitar

Steve Harris...from 1984...Bass

Neal Peart...from 1980...Drums

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Thinking of a fantasy supergroup thats surely off the wall and way outside the box,imagine these guys together in a group during their prime...

elvis presley...vocals < no introduction necessary

jimmy page...guitar < the mystical riff machine himself

john taylor...bass < hes from duran duran and listen to his awesome bass playing in their song "rio" > www.youtube.com...

buddy rich...drums < perhaps the greatest and fastest drummer of all time
edit on 20-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Bloc, your indecisiveness is mine X 100. You canny make a supergroup because you'll dissect it and try to remake it over and over.

Well I'm here to make things worse for you -

Just what would you call this ultimate fantasy supergroup?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Bloc, your indecisiveness is mine X 100. You canny make a supergroup because you'll dissect it and try to remake it over and over.

Well I'm here to make things worse for you -

Just what would you call this ultimate fantasy supergroup?
There is and has been so many talented singers and musicians,how could i ever choose just one,when theres so many to maneuver into position? Just change any one of them and you'll end up with a different supergroup with its own unique and awesome sound.For example,imagine watching and listening to a group thats 1/4 the beatles,1/4 led zeppelin,1/4 iron maiden and 1/4 the doors...Wow...

And as far as supergroup names go,jimmy page said he thought that it didnt matter what any groups name was, that the music is what really matters and that they could have called led zeppelin the mashed potatoes and it would'nt have made any difference...

While i think that led zeppelins sound and image probably would'nt have changed whatever they might have been called,i disagree about the importance of a groups name.I think that every group should have an awesome sounding,meaningful and provocative name...

Off the top of my head,my three favorite music group names i have ever read or heard of are the bands "Angel Witch" and "Armored Saint" and "Savatage"...those names are powerful,meaningful and intense...

Long ago i thought of an awesome name to use for a rock/metal band,or for any one of the fantasy supergroups i designed and its still my favorite one that i've ever thought of,with its own unique spelling..."Wykd Wych"...
edit on 21-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
Long ago i thought of an awesome name to use for a rock/metal band,or for any one of the fantasy supergroups i designed and its still my favorite one that i've ever thought of,with its own unique spelling..."Wykd Wych"...

Lol, I'm wondering if that's new and boring like text speak, or does it have a vintage ring to it? Like Slade - Cum on feel the noize, and stuff like that. I remember a band called wytchfinder or wytchfynde? Not sure if that's how you spell it.

If I could have my time over I'd definitely be in a band. I might even create Iron Maiden.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

Originally posted by blocula

Lol, I'm wondering if that's new and boring like text speak, or does it have a vintage ring to it? Like Slade - Cum on feel the noize, and stuff like that. I remember a band called wytchfinder or wytchfynde? Not sure if that's how you spell it.

If I could have my time over I'd definitely be in a band. I might even create Iron Maiden.
Yes your right and the band was named Witchfinder General a metal band from england < where else? > www.sputnikmusic.com...
edit on 21-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

We were both close - these are them

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Although its their music that really matters,how could anyone not love metal bands who have given themselves names like...

Eternal Tears Of Sorrow > en.wikipedia.org...

Armored Saint > en.wikipedia.org...

Goat Whore > en.wikipedia.org...

Molotov Solution > en.wikipedia.org...

Angel Witch > en.wikipedia.org...

Between The Buried And Me > en.wikipedia.org...

Savatage > en.wikipedia.org...

Pig Destroyer > en.wikipedia.org...

Abominator > en.wikipedia.org...

Flesh God Apocalypse > en.wikipedia.org...

Impaled Nazarene > en.wikipedia.org...

Success Will Write Apocalypse Across The Sky > en.wikipedia.org...

Sadistik Exekution > en.wikipedia.org...

Prostitute Disfigurement > en.wikipedia.org...

Wykd Wych > The best "yet to be" name of all (*_*)
edit on 22-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I have to admit I've never heard of any of those bands you mentioned, except Angel Witch and Wykd Wych (and they were poor) lol.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Not mentioned in my links list above is the band Mastodon,whos perhaps the most talented metal group in the world right now and their music is praised by fans and critics...

All Music Guide - Mastodon > www.allmusic.com...

Mastodon "divinations" > www.youtube.com...

edit on 22-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join