It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Cut to the Chase - Iran Must Be Stopped

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

Damn, man. If I could explain things like that I guess I would not be working in a skid yard lol. Kudos man.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by curedby432

I prefer to put it this way. You cannot take another life without killing apart of yourself, and watching a whole village burn alive kills you inside many times over. It's bad mojo man.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Bull #. Who appointed you boss? Are you willing to go give your life? Are you willing to see your son die an agonizing death calling for mommy as he bleeds out in the desert?

Or are you another armchair warrior stirring up emotions like an agitator? Screw Israel. It's about time they elect leaders who follow the scripture and know how to love their neighbor. It's about time to ask just who was behind the execution of their last leader who believed and embraced a vision of peace and tollerance.

The world is maturing rapidly. People are waking up to the fatalistic pronouncements of people like you yelling "Kill them. If it was not for 'THEM' everything would be good.

Why not try instead looking into your heart and examine the emotional reaction to external events that could allow you to entertain for a second that I send my son to cry out for my wife as he realizes he has been robbed of his inheritance on earth by greedy, sinful, wagers of war like you.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I'm not saying that Iran didn't say those things, just that Israel isn't the lily white innocent that it pretends to be.

Nobody fits that bill…not countries...not our elected officials...not even us!

Iran DID do these things, Israel and the US are NOT saints (or innocent) and this IS our current situation…like it or not. Let’s all call a spade a spade! The question is what to do.

I’ve stated my position on Iran and (in other threads) my dissatisfaction with the US government. Currently I fear the consequences of a nuclear Iran AS MUCH as I fear our current domestic situation. I am working on the domestic situation (I’m active in politics and political action groups…local and national). The two have MUCH more in common than most here are willing to admit. If we get the wrong President in office (Carter, BUSH 1, BUSH 2, CLINTON, OBAMA, RON PAUL
) then we’re going to be screwed even longer!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I hate to break it to you, but you suffer from the same problems that you claim that everyone that disagrees with you has. The plain truth is this: Nothing posted on this site is 100% verifiable unless you have either alot of AeroPlan miles or millions of dollars tucked away somewhere. Get used to it. You're just scared to death that you might be wrong, I bet, eh Pogey?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You have family that served, but one thing I learned about people is they say they understand, but unless you learn of war with your own eyes, you will never understand, plain and simple. It's just not physically or mentally possible to imagine what goes on in times of war. That argument is null. I really don't care what your daddy told you about war, I guarantee you the truth is 1000 times worse.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Well said, my man.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

I prefer to put it this way. You cannot take another life without killing apart of yourself, and watching a whole village burn alive kills you inside many times over. It's bad mojo man.

Agreed, what is bad is that the DoD is spending millions trying to find out what is causing PTSD and how to cure it.... Their answer is to make your mind numb by altering you with psychoactive drugs..... It is just sickening....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Bull #. Who appointed you boss?

ME!

Are you willing to go give your life?

YES!

Are you willing to see your son die an agonizing death calling for mommy as he bleeds out in the desert?

That’s his choice…

Or are you another armchair warrior stirring up emotions like an agitator?

You must be describing yourself because you don't know my background.

Screw Israel. It's about time they elect leaders who follow the scripture and know how to love their neighbor. It's about time to ask just who was behind the execution of their last leader who believed and embraced a vision of peace and tollerance.

What country has Israel been shooting rockets into for years? OH WAIT…that’s the Iranian funded Palestinians doing that against Israel! My bad!!

The world is maturing rapidly. People are waking up to the fatalistic pronouncements of people like you yelling "Kill them. If it was not for 'THEM' everything would be good.

It’s funny you say that because your ilk say the same thing about the good ole US of A!

Crawl back under your rock, dude.

edit on 23-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

It especially sickens me when the answer should be obvious, as to what is causing so much mental anguish in us, but these masters of war have not even sufficient moral solidity to understand what the cost of so much death and destruction is on the minds of those who witness it. That's the problem with having sociopathic jackoffs who know nothing about war, but send other people's children off to die for reasons that they don't even believe themselves. The whole thing fills me with the kind of anger and sadness that one can barely contain at times.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Russia, an attack on Tehran is an attack on Moscow!
www.israelnationalnews.com...

Israel, Iran already has enough refined uranium for four city destroying bombs!
www.reuters.com...

You will just usher in a nuclear armed Iran and welcome them to the club in a state of war! Peace and normalized relations should be the goal here! We should protect the 15 million in Israel not rush for their destruction!

It is all fine and dandy in theory, but if you pick the wrong fight war will visit our shores! If you invite open war with Russia you obligate China to come to their aid and like it or not America will not weather that storm!

Iran is already a nuclear power, and you cannot occupy or force a regime change. Why would you want to incite a revenge attack?

I think maybe you want to see Israel burn! I think enough liberty has been lost and a million dead in Iraq is plenty for this century!

edit on 23-2-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I wish we could downflag threads like this that bring no value, but instill more fear into the populace.

We are already on our knees and are barely surviving living in fear of losing our houses and having enough to eat for our families. I feel like I am consumed with fear and America has now become the fear state of the world. Can we quit worrying about foreign policy, we need to focus on what we could be spending the money it would take to bomb Iran and rebuild after we bomb them. We need to take that money and build our infrastructure.

Take the money that we would use on a new war and spend it on high speed rails across the whole US.

Take the money and spend it on R&D for technology that helps humanity, not destroys it!

It is up to us to make the change and to break free of the fear! Be the change we want to see!

I can see you’re very new to ATS so let me give you some advice, professor. If you’re going to respond to the OP (Original Post) then you should counter the material and sources posted in the OP with your own material and sources rather than just stating you don’t ‘agree’ with it. Otherwise, you have no argument and I have nothing to refute but your lack of substance!

Welcome aboard!

Is that so? Just what rules are you speaking of? I was unaware that this was a scientific or legal debate. Your very premise was based on your opinion that it's about time.

Nothing could be more subjective than your opinion, as opposed to facts such as the speed of light @ 186,000 m/s.

Being a forum for the debate of political opinions and ideas, no single persons opinion is any more worthy than another's. It's up to the reader to CHOOSE whether they concur or not. So for the newbie, if he thinks, feels or otherwise intuits that your opinion is wrong, his feeling is no less valid, lacking any evidence, than yours.

Btw, I think you're wrong.

link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by sonnny1

You have family that served, but one thing I learned about people is they say they understand, but unless you learn of war with your own eyes, you will never understand, plain and simple. It's just not physically or mentally possible to imagine what goes on in times of war. That argument is null. I really don't care what your daddy told you about war, I guarantee you the truth is 1000 times worse.

Cut your "Ive been through hell" stick..... You wouldn't survive,where I was raised,let alone deal with the crap I suffered,so get off your soapbox.

Ive seen people die,Ive seen murders,Ive seen more then the average marine in combat.Thats a fact.

Regardless,You want Iran to have Nukes,because you believe that will be a deterrent. YOU ARE WRONG. Wrong to want them having those weapons.Wrong thinking that they will just hold back,and not use them. They are a theocratic regime. A regime that places its existence in God,and bases ALL decisions by it. So if prophecy dictates using these weapons,to bring on their 12 Iman,do you REALLY believe they wont use them?

Please...............
edit on 23-2-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by seabag

sigh...

lets just get this over with then shall we...so be it...destroy Iran whatever...

at least in the end I won't have to hear anymore anti-Iran tripe from the OP...there will be no more Iran to fear...

But alas the fearful and paranoid will find yet another thing to be fearful and paranoid of...Iran version 2.0, and make no mistake they will not stop until they are the only thing left standing, and since there are more than one, they will inevitably have to segregate divide and destroy even themselves...

Self destructive logic that isn't realized until their killing their own families....oh wait nm its not even realized then as the fearful and paranoid are still willing to send their brothers and sisters over seas to die...so they feel safe, from a BANNER!!!

If only they would realize to have the safety/security and peace that they seek they need but start the war with themselves.

edit on 23-2-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The funny thing is, you spend all your time here picking apart little insignificant bits of responses, and give flak to anyone who does the same to you. You truly are hopeless. Way to put the P in POG. If you really did serve you will know exactly what I meant there. You're whiskey tango banter may work on the idiots at work, but it will not work here. Here, you are not the don, you are the lowly bottomfeeder.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

I hate to break it to you, but you suffer from the same problems that you claim that everyone that disagrees with you has. The plain truth is this: Nothing posted on this site is 100% verifiable unless you have either alot of AeroPlan miles or millions of dollars tucked away somewhere. Get used to it. You're just scared to death that you might be wrong, I bet, eh Pogey?

Let me explain the difference to you, youngster. If I’m wrong and we act on it then some dirt bags (the radical Islamic leaders in Iran) DIE an unnecessary but justifiable death. If you’re wrong and we don’t act then you and I (and millions of others) die an unnecessary and painful death.

I’ll stick with my scenario and you can cry about it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

The funny thing is, you spend all your time here picking apart little insignificant bits of responses, and give flak to anyone who does the same to you.

That’s called ‘out debating you’ and you’re welcome to attempt the same!

You truly are hopeless.

Please!! Your weak arguments are hopeless.

Way to put the P in POG. If you really did serve you will know exactly what I meant there. You're whiskey tango banter may work on the idiots at work, but it will not work here. Here, you are not the don, you are the lowly bottomfeeder.

Thanks for the advice! Where did you serve?

I’ll even fly my colors for you…why don’t you fly yours? I’ll wait………

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Bull #. Who appointed you boss?

ME!

Are you willing to go give your life?

YES!

Are you willing to see your son die an agonizing death calling for mommy as he bleeds out in the desert?

That’s his choice…

Or are you another armchair warrior stirring up emotions like an agitator?

You must be describing yourself because you don't know my background.

Screw Israel. It's about time they elect leaders who follow the scripture and know how to love their neighbor. It's about time to ask just who was behind the execution of their last leader who believed and embraced a vision of peace and tollerance.

What country has Israel been shooting rockets into for years? OH WAIT…that’s the Iranian funded Palestinians doing that against Israel! My bad!!

It’s funny you say that because your ilk say the same thing about the good ole US of A!

Crawl back under your rock, dude.

edit on 23-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Being new to ATS, I should perhaps cut you some intellectual slack yet your self proclaimed position of boss betrays an arrogance that's in need of a slap.

Seeing how I know nothing about you, why don't you enlighten me about the branch of military that affords you the luxury of giving your life.

While you're at it, please explain just how my son has any choice in being dragged into what many people believe would be WWIII.

You might touch on the fact that suicide rates for veterans and enlisted soldiers has never been higher. Doesn't seem to jibe with the concept of choice or volition or even righteousness, now does it?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Why are marines like bananas?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well, that said, I'd say you are the epitome of everything that is wrong with this godforsaken rock. Also, I probably experienced more in my 4 years of service than you will experience in your entire life. Do the world a favour. Enlist. Get taken out by an IED without ever seeing the enemy and the world will never know you existed at all.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join