It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Cut to the Chase - Iran Must Be Stopped

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Originally posted by METACOMET
Go ahead, stop Iran. I honestly don't care. Just don't involve me in it.

That being said, I don't think this is what you have in mind. I think your intentions are to involve me in this.

I have a feeling that your idea of how to stop Iran is for the government to put a gun to my head and either force me to go over there and kill a bunch of people I have nothing against

Regardless, he wants us to pay for it.

You fail to understand the OBVIOUS! That is, we (US) are going to pay for it NOW or LATER and the longer we wait the more it’s going to cost in blood and treasure.

Hitler?? Does that name ring a bell, sir??

Same plot…different bad mustache!!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
So what if they want a nuclear program. They are being bullied by the biggest of all of the bullies in the world and do not have the army to resist the US.

The jury is still out on its "peaceful" Nuclear program. Again,there is NO reason to have a secret Nuclear Facility,especially if its for peaceful purposes.BTW,I think EVERY nation that surrounds Iran,wouldnt want them to have a Nuclear Bomb.Justifying a Nulclear weapon,because they dont have an army to "resist" your fabricated idea that the American Army has "bullied" them,is just insane. Iran shouldnt have ANY Nuclear bombs. Heck,America,and the rest of the World shouldnt either! I always wondered why,those who say America wants war,cant comprehend America had a standing ARMY next door,in Iraq,twice!! Why didnt the so called "warmongers" go into Iran? Chew on that,for a while.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

If it is not okay to have secret facilities, than guess what, you just negated your own argument, as the US pretty much monopolized on that idea long ago. You think they report everything? If you do, you are incredibly naive. I say let Iran have nukes if it gives them a viable way of protecting themselves. Do you not realize that Iran is one of the very few nations in the world that don't use a Rothschild-mandated central bank? Before Iran, Libya was also one of the last who wanted to keep their currency nationalised, and we all saw what happened to Qaddhafi. AQ (the same people who supposedly attacked the Trade Center, who we now openly fund) militants paraded his barely-recognizeable corpse through the streets. How can you possibly side with organizations that pull sorry crap like that. I, for one, will never trust a single thing that comes out of NATO or the UN ever again. They are controlled by the dollar, just like everything else.
edit on 23/2/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well I already commented on my opinion about the Iran situation on another Iran fearmonger thread the other day, but since that thread disappeared quickly after and my post never really garnered a response, I will repost it here, because it applies to your thread as well.

The fact is Iran is a sovereign nation and if they want to develop nuclear bombs so be it, it's their business, not the worlds. And, really it is hypocritical for the nations that are part of the nuke club, to keep their own nuclear arsenal, build it up and continue to develop and improve it, while telling other nations that are not part of the club, they can't have nukes.

Furthermore, if I was a leader of any small nation, I would be developing nukes myself, just to protect the sovereignty of my peoples nation. I mean the war in Afghanistan is a perfect example of the power of nuclear bombs to protect the sovereignty of a nation, after all the US had no problem rolling to Afghanistan like avenging angels, but when Bin laden hoped the border, the US army stopped like it hit a stone wall and began opening lines of diplomacy with Pakistan. What was that invisible wall, it was the nuke wall of course.

And as far as Iran getting nukes and threatening Israel, let them then those two nations can sit back and not openly fight, like Russia and the US during the cold war; MAD does work, and the fact is the leaders in Iran are like leaders all over the world, they love power and money more then God, so contrary to what a lot of people say they won't be nuking Israel, who will retaliate with their own nuclear arsenal full force. And if America is so worried about Israel getting nuked, then just give them the tech for a missile shield and other nuclear counter measures.

Edit* Of course if the US did just give Israel, nuclear countermeasures and missle shields, it wouldn't allow them to continue beating the drums of war and trying to turn the world on Iran and other middle east nations, allowing the US to continue to try to reshape the region in their image.

That is what I think about the whole situation. Though, having had time to think about it more since then I will add another example, the indo-pakistani war, since I think it has relevance to the topic

source

Since the partition of British India in 1947 and creation of India and Pakistan, the two South Asian countries have been involved in four wars, including one undeclared war, as well as many border skirmishes and military stand-offs. Additionally, India has accused Pakistan of engaging in proxy wars by providing military and financial assistance to violent non-state actors.

As, you can see India and Pakistan have been fighting wars for a while and now both are nuclear powers and one is a muslim nation; I know it must terrify you, and yet neither have bothered to nuke each other and frankly in my opinion neither will Iran and Israel.

edit on 23-2-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Ever been to Iran buddy? Cause guess what, I have, and I can tell you from first hand experience that 90% of what the MSM tells you about them is just flat out lies.

Dude, if you can’t read the QUOTES and listen to the SPEECHES by Iran’s leaders and hear their OWN WORDS then you are being dishonest. I don’t care about your supposed first-hand knowledge because it aint a report from the MSM I’m reading…It’s coming from the MOUTHS of the irainian leader!! How much more direct can it get???

So what if they want a nuclear program. They are being bullied by the biggest of all of the bullies in the world and do not have the army to resist the US. What would you do? Just give in? That's exactly what you expect them to do, from what I can gather, and that is one thing that they will not do.

Bulllied???

How are they being bullied? Why, because the world expects them to KEEP THEIR WORD??? They signed the NPT and they’ve violated it ever since. This isn’t a peaceful program and the video in my OP shows the SUPREME LEADER OF IRAN HIMSELF basically admitting they are pursuing nukes!

They have a very strong sense of nationalistic pride, just as you do, and will not hesitate to protect that which is theirs, again just like most people over on this side of the pond. But that's ok, keep spreading your racist rhetoric, I'm sure you'll find someone who believes you and you can have a big back patting session.

Now I’m a racist too??

Why, because I don’t want the US economy to collapse or my family (and our allies around the world) to suffer? That is asinine, sir! Sorry!
edit on 23-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
I say let Iran have nukes if it gives them a viable way of protecting themselves.

Not only is this ignorant,its plain wrong.NO country should have Nuclear weapons. I hope the Iranian elections brings peacefull change,so people with like minded thinking as you,are not in power anymore.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Just my two cents on the matter, but who's right is it to dictate what a country and can and can't do scientifically. So it's ok for us to mess around with TESLA's sound waves, The Hadron Collider, Nuclear and Nuetro Weapons, Chemical and Biological weapons that we were supposed to have done away with but yet we still have them and we still have a branch of the military that is focused on disease research. Yea I'm sure that US AMRIDD is all about finding cures. *cough**cough*

However, if any country in the world other then the US, UK, and other select countries start to research anything that we TPTB deem bad they are suddenly villains bent on destruction and mayhem. If Iran was so bad then why haven't they attacked someone yet? Why haven't they threatened to nuke Israel or America or anyone else? The only people threatening action of any sort is Israel and the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Can anyone show me a treaty where it says we are to defend Israel?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
3 - There is no evidence that Iran is developing nukes

There is plenty-o-evidence, you just choose to dismiss it.

Here is the latest!

Iran Set to Expand Nuclear Activity in Bunker

Who in the hell has a peaceful nuclear energy program in a BUNKER?

At some point the denial becomes ridiculous, and that time has long since past!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

unfortunately as stated in a previous thread. The only real treaty I know of is the bible. There really is and never has been a separation of religion and how the world is run.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well golly gee, if you think Iran MUST be stopped, than put your money where your mouth is and join the military, and get the job done.

Seriously, anyone who thinks military action with Iran is necessary at this point in time, and who won't join the military or isn't willing to die in the process of said action (because other people WILL die), is a chicken hawk.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Because some countrys checks and balences,are better then others.

We keep these biological timebombs,study them,for reasons of "other" countrys actually making them,refining them(silly right?).
Having a cure,is better then starting from scratch.Personally,I would do away with all these types of weapons. But if there is a country I would want to protect them,or study them,it would be America.Country like North Korea? Not so much.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

you gotta be doing glue to believe this war propaganda ( and I know some of you do, you know who you are:lol

Damn, you beat me to it

ATS members should channel their energy against the real enemy, such as their governments who fund these murderous campaigns. I guess decades of propaganda can be very effective when the general public has absolutely BS filter whatsoever.

In Mr T's words..."I pity the fool" (who supports a strike on Iran).
edit on 23-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Well aside from the Geneva Accord banning the use of biological weapons. Granted it said that you could possess and research, but do you honestly believe even the US wouldn't use them if they were cornered? And if we have no intentions of using them in the future what is the purpose of creating more and developing more?

I don't buy that for a minute. I mean we are supposed to be doing away with Nuclear weapons yet we continue to test them and i am sure we have made more, sure not publicly but privately yea. Low Yield Nukes are the wave of the future warfare. There is even some evidence that they were used against Iraq.

I live in America and I love my country but even I am not blind the atrocities that America has carried out over the years, and swept away with bureaucratic silver tongued politicians. How about the rebels we helped train in Iraq and then left behind to be gassed by Saddam. Yea we didn't know that was going to happen... The weapons we supplied to the Taliban for years and years against the Russians. Then they are deemed supporters of terrorism and hunted down. America is just as bad as any of the other countries we just have better PR.
edit on 2/23/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Well golly gee, if you think Iran MUST be stopped, than put your money where your mouth is and join the military, and get the job done.

Been there and done that…had the sand in every orifice of my body. I spent 8 years in the Marine Corps, a few months in Bosnia drinking beer and a few months in Iraq playing beach volley ball. I have an old ‘seabag’ in my closet today that I bet still contains some Iraqi sand.

I’d gladly suit up again if need be but there are plenty of young warriors ready to chew dirt for our freedom. They don’t need a pat on the back from you and neither do I.

Seriously, anyone who thinks military action with Iran is necessary at this point in time, and who won't join the military or isn't willing to die in the process of said action (because other people WILL die), is a chicken hawk.

Well, the “chicken hawk” title has been shot down already…someone beat you to the punch! Better luck next time!

By the way, since you throw around the chicken hawk title…when did you serve? Because the last guy who used that term NEVER served and I bet you haven’t either!

He's still on this thread talking it up with very little perspective and I'm sure you will continue to do so too.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Iran has threatened no one right? So everything in the OP said by the Iranians is BS? So all the threads pointing out Iran’s intentions are bogus?

Look at it this way. Your still here, I'm still here, we are all still here. Iran is not going to do anything, what is wrong with them being ready anyways? We are the ones who are about to attack them...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The problems you've listed, are not problems with Iran, but the Islamic regime. It is that religion that makes Iran act the way it does, not the other way around. If we stop Iran, some other Islamic regime will pop up and do the exact same thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Double Post...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rukas

The problems you've listed, are not problems with Iran, but the Islamic regime. It is that religion that makes Iran act the way it does, not the other way around. If we stop Iran, some other Islamic regime will pop up and do the exact same thing.

I completely agree. The Iranian people have suffered greatly under the Islamic regime in Iran. In the OP I clearly stated:

The time has come for Israel to take care of these sick leaders in Iran and prevent the rise of Islamic fundamentalists.

If you think they will keep popping up then please explain the rhetoric from Muslims in America who say these are just aberrations; Muslims are a 'peaceful people' acording to them!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join