It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Arizona Republican debate tonight at 8pm ET

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 1yearning2bfree

That post deserves more stars.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnswerTo1984

Originally posted by knightrider078
So everyone that are not Ron Paul drones are trolls? kind of like everyone who are not obama supporters are racist is that right.
edit on 22-2-2012 by knightrider078 because: (no reason given)

" To be as honest and direct as I possibly can, if you don't support Ron Paul, you're either a complete moron who has absolutely no idea what America stands for or you're a sellout, traitor, troll or shill. There is no in between here.
edit on 23-2-2012 by TheAnswerTo1984 because: (no reason given)
"

Yep , you said it All in a " Nutshell " there . If Elected POTUS, Ron Paul will Protect and Restore the Freedoms All the others have taken from Us because he Truely Is LIBERTY Personified . The People who just don't See that have Blinders On and will eventually become Duped by those who Prey on the Uninformed Masses.........

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

So everyone that are not Ron Paul drones are trolls? kind of like everyone who are not obama supporters are racist is that right.

" To be as honest and direct as I possibly can, if you don't support Ron Paul, you're either a complete moron who has absolutely no idea what America stands for or you're a sellout, traitor, troll or shill. There is no in between here.
"

Yep , you said it All in a " Nutshell " there . If Elected POTUS, Ron Paul will Protect and Restore the Freedoms All the others have taken from Us because he Truely Is LIBERTY Personified . The People who just don't See that have Blinders On and will eventually become Duped by those who Prey on the Uninformed Masses.........

It sounds like you worship the man.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacklondonmiller

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

"

It sounds like you worship the man.

Ron Paul is great. But it is not the man and it never was about the man. It's the idea that he stands for. And people have every right to be passionate, or even "worship" the ideal America that Ron Paul envisions.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by literofcola

Ron Paul is about as close as we're going to get to Thomas Jefferson.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I completely agree. I love the man; I'm young and I've never been so involved in politics until I heard about Ron Paul. I just hate when people see his passionate followers as "worshippers". Since you mentioned it, I wonder if people also thought that of Thomas Jefferson's followers.. and look what we think of him now.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnswerTo1984

Don't worry that Jefferson woulda hated Ron Paul and disagreed with him, and his Libertarian brethren, on almost everything.

Just keep parroting the same tied BS.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by literofcola

I completely agree. I love the man; I'm young and I've never been so involved in politics until I heard about Ron Paul. I just hate when people see his passionate followers as "worshippers". Since you mentioned it, I wonder if people also thought that of Thomas Jefferson's followers.. and look what we think of him now.

I don't think people would have been as excited about the founders as some would be today. Alot of people thought that it was better to stay under the crown. The ideas of freedom and liberty were still something new. We look at Ron Paul today and think "man I wish politians were always this honest and cared about the constitution" but in reality, this is just par for the course when in comes to our species. We have always been ruled by an iron fist so much so that it becomes normal, very quickly, to fall back into those ways and think that the ideas of freedom are "radical".

I'm not trying to downplay the man for what he's doing. But someone like Jefferson or Washington wouldn't want people worshiping them. The message is more important than the man and even if we don't get Paul into office, Ron Paul has already won. He has reawakened the spirit of true liberty and freedom and I think that's whats most important.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

Don't worry that Jefferson woulda hated Ron Paul and disagreed with him, and his Libertarian brethren, on almost everything.

Just keep parroting the same tied BS.

Hate is a strong word. I don't think they would have hated him, but they wouldn't have seen eye to eye. Mostly because nobody fully agreed with anyone just as it is today. The thing about that time period was that those men were traitors to the crown and they knew that the penalty was death. So even though they may have disagreed with each other (our founders that is), it was still more important to achieve a common goal which was freedom from the crown at any cost.

You can say I'm sitting here parroting BS but at the end of the day what am I doing? This country was founded on the idea of freedom, liberty and justice for all. We don't have that today. I don't care who you support be it Obama, Romney or Paul. We don't have what our founders fought and bled for anymore. At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I think that if Jefferson would have heard all the Ron Paul supporters claiming that Jefferson was against public funding of education, or deregulation of corporations, it would have approached, "hate". Jefferson was a passionate guy.

It's ironic that Jefferson promoted states rights as a way to protect people from corporations whereas most Libertarians/Republicans support states rights as a way to lessen regulation on corporations, giving them more control over citizens.

Like I always say, because it's true, most Ron Paul supporters believe in a reading of the constitution that is fringe, at best, dishonest at worst. Pretending that they are the only ones that know what makes someone patriotic, and that only people that lock into step with their extreme ideology are patriots is offensive and on it's face, wrong.

For instance, Libertarians would completely privatise all schools. It's in their party platform. Strangely most of the founding fathers believed in state funded primary and secondary education. Jefferson spent years fighting for it.

Yet people go around and claim that Jefferson was a Libertarian AND that their reading of the constitution is the only accurate one and that school should be privatized.

At some point theirs is just a battle of ideologies, not based on facts.
edit on 23-2-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Look, nobody is perfect. And people are going to differ when it comes to politics. It's always been this way. But when you look at the GOP field, what other option is there? Santorum is a clueless warmonger. Gingrich is, at best, a disgusting human being that walked out on his family, and Romney is a ruthless business man that does infact enjoy firing people (I'm not using his quote I'm basing this on his actions). Who else do we have then? Obama thinks he's a King. He goes to war without going to congress and walks all over the constitution likes it's a floor mat. The man should have been impeached months ago.

There is no other option. We have been given the worst of the absolute worst to choose from in one of the biggest times in our nation's history. When I say you have to be a moron or a shill not to vote Paul it's because we have no other choice. The Fedal Reserve shouldn't even exist. Our founders were strictly against a central bank. We should have troops on our border and not fighting wars for Israel. I can go on and on all day long here. It's not the repeat of BS it's the fact that we have no choice here. There is literally no alternative.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

No bud, coming on here specifically to start an argument is being a "troll". And well that's the attitude you've had.

Sorry, but don't start making broad negative statements about all Paul supporters like they're one entity, and not expect a little friction.

Leave the room, and come back in.

We're happy to listen to your opinions! Jus beez nice.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

You don't need perfect, but I'd never vote for someone that believes in the privatisation of everything and the deregulation of business. In fact I won't vote for Republicans full-stop.

I don't like 75% of what Obama does, but he's a better choice than any of the GOP options.

Paul is not a good option. He's an extremist and he's either delusional or a liar... neither is good. On top of that, he doesn't ACTUALLY have a chance in hell of ending up on any ticket. No matter what Mr. Whiny, Rick Santorum, might think.

The GOP is out of ideas (aside from moaning and stirring up social conservatives) and the Democrats are gonna stick with Obama. There's not a lot of options. I didn't make that happen, but it's happened.

If you want better options use your energy to help fledgling parties get off the ground. It's absurd that a country with 500 different kinds of mustard only has two viable parties.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

Sadly, many many many Paul supporters on ATS are not interested in a discussion. Though I'm always happy when I run into one that is.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

It is absurd that we don't have more options, but how many more "teams" do we need here? I'm not even going to attempt to argue with you about Ron Paul because to honest, it would be a waste of time. But at some point, the people of this country, including yourself, are going to need to understand that there's more to politics than simply voting for your own team.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by dannotz

Sadly, many many many Paul supporters on ATS are not interested in a discussion. Though I'm always happy when I run into one that is.

I'm a Ron Paul supporter on ATS and I have no problem discussing issues or opinions when it comes to politics. If you're actually going to listen without the blinders of a life long Democrat, I'd be more than happy to sit here all night long and talk to you. But sir, if you disagree with 75% of what Obama does, why are you voting for him (besides being a Democrat)?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
After watching this I have just one request..

My dear American friends with the right to vote..

Would you do the world a favour and vote for Santorum, pretty please!

He is funny as S**T.. Not that I'm particularly prone to crack up.. when looking at fecal matter .. but the resemblance between that and this Santorum creature is uncanny! Where do you grow these guys? And why was there not an X-files episode explaining that? .. Anyway.. Again.. I urge you to vote, if you can, for Santorum and give the world it's very, well after W , second Live Sitcom!

Thank You..

A European ..

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Zetteke

Dear European:

I'm glad you as a European can find such comic relief in our politics. Most Americans cannot. Some are idiots. Please do, in the future, recreate the Roman, British and Holy Roman empire along with a second coming of the dark ages and Adolf Hitler so that we as Americans can view in horror as you fail.... yet again.

Thanks!
An American.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I'm not a Democrat. I'm an independent that has no one to vote for.

I disagree with Obama on about 75% of things because I find his centrist tendencies to be ridiculous and unhelpful.

That being said I disagree with Newt, Santorum and Romney on about 95% of things and Paul on about 94% of things.

So...

Obama is my vote.

Not a great situation, but one I can do nothing about at this juncture.
edit on 23-2-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I would implore you to take an hour out of your life and listen to Ron Paul speak. And then listen to Obama speak off a teleprompter for another hour. Then tell me who you're going to vote for.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join