It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Arizona Republican debate tonight at 8pm ET

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

You are exactly right. Apparently if charged for a crime in a Court of Law you cannot use the excuse of not knowing a Law existed as your defence, yet not one single Law-maker or Law-enforcer, or citizen could even come close to knowing evey Law that exists. Some very intellgient people may be able to cover many categories of Law, but no one person can claim to know them all.
I think its called 'ignorance of the Law', which is not allowed to be used as a defence, but its not exactly ignorance if no one person can know all Laws. Something thats beyond our capabilities is hardly ignorance !

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by phishfriar47

The reality is simple:

Deregulate all business + Allow corporate monopolies + Privatise all vital public services = End of democracy in America.

IF you think that equation would equal a "government that actually listens to people" you're massively delusional.

What that would equal, what Libertarians want, is a country where corporate tyrants can play king. Not sure why you think Rupert Murdoch or any other business tycoon is gonna be responsive to you. He cares about, justifiably, profits. Bottom line.

You're proposing, well Libertarians publicly propose, for no reason, that magically business will be better rulers than governments.

It's BS.
edit on 24-2-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieDingus

Thanks, I agree. However, and I hate to say this but I feel it's true... Ignorant (under-informed) people are the only ones that vote for more lawmakers.

peace!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 1yearning2bfree

THAT POST STILL DESERVES MORE STARS!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join