It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 279
<< 276  277  278    280  281  282 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Thank you to whomever gave me another flag. Just 10 more to reach my goal of 200! Yea!

Oops! I just looked to see what the highest flagged thread in the paranormal forums is, and it's 207. Sigh...
Guess I'm going to have to increase my goal to 208.

edit on 9/8/2014 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Hey Sled735,

Congrats on 190!

Wanted to share something that happened in 2012. I moved in an apartment next to Mercer Univ., the campus in Atlanta. Its a really wooded area and my apartment backed up to a swamp. My apartment was on the ground floor, and about 20 feet from the water. The place was teaming with wildlife. Lots of Blue Heron cranes, wood ducks, raccoons, squirrels, and snakes. Tons of snakes. Pretty peaceful place to come home to after driving around Atlanta for 12hrs a day for work.

I moved in during the spring, and kept the doors and windows shut most of the time. But when the fall came, I kept them open. So I was pretty familiar with different sounds coming from outside.

I was smoking cigs at the time, and single, so some nights I would open the porch door and the windows and turn on a fan to air the place out. One night I was watching a movie and IMing back and forth with a friend who was in the military overseas.

I heard the ping from my computer, got up off the couch to check the instant message, and was sitting at my computer with my back to the open door leading out to the porch. It was close to midnight. As Im sitting there, I heard something that sounded like a deer, quickly moving in the woods. And within just seconds it was at my back porch, about 10 feet away from me. The back porch lite was on, and the door open. There was a row of small bushes, about 5 total, along the back of the building, about 4 feet high. I turned around and this giant looking thing kind of came down out of the trees. It looked like it had wings. Maybe 8 feet tall or taller. It made a loud like "huff" sound. And within just a couple of seconds, it ripped the bush off at the base, looked like the wings opened up, and bolted back down into the swampy area. It was bounding away. But it looked like it had wings. What ever it was pretty massive. It was the size of an Elk (I saw elk all the time when I lived in Oklahoma next to the wildlife refuge outside of Ft. Sill), but it was not shaped like an Elk. Just comparing the size. It looked like it had feathers. I wasn't wooly looking, I didn't see hair. It was like a dark grey thing. So I know it was NOT a deer. And it was NOT a black bear.

I jumped up and slammed the door. Was freaked out the rest of the nite. The next morning I went out, and the only thing left of the bush was a 2inch stump. The diameter of the stump was about 6" across. There were no markings that looked like a saw cut it. It looked like it was pinched off and twisted. A few feet away, in the direction the thing took off in the woods, were some of the branches from the bush that was there. But nothing else. No foot prints, no feathers, no hair. Nothing.

I was on friendly terms with my maintenance man, and I showed him a day or two later that the bush was missing. He looked at it, and then looked out in the woods. I didn't tell him about "the thing" that was there. I just asked him what he thought happened to the bush, I think I asked him who would have cut it down. He was real quite. Then I asked him if any weird things had gone on around here. He just kind of stared at me. Then he said, "not that I know of, but the lady that used to live here before you, she moved out immediately one day. No reason. Up and left. The office personnel said she walked in, asked how much it would cost to break the lease, and paid it, and left. And she had only been there like 2 months," They asked her why she was moving, and she didn't give an answer. She paided like $2,500 to break the lease and didn't blink an eye." She moved out that day."

For about two weeks after the bush was ripped out, I would sense something around me. Like I was being watch. And the hair would stand up on my neck and arms. Which freaked me out, because the blinds were closed. Windows and doors close. But I felt like something was outside. One night, I took a shower and getting ready for bed, and I got this really strange feeling again like some one was watching me. I looked over at the window, and there were two big red eyes, in the woods looking at me through the blinds. I froze in my tracks. I literally rubbed my face with my hand, like maybe I was seeing something. But they were still there. I stood there frozen stiff, not sure how long, and then turned to grab my shotgun. And when I turned back around with it in my hands, the red eyes were gone.

And from then on, never had anything like that happen again. I could feel that whatever it was, was gone.

I was talking to someone at a coffee shop late on night, and told them about it, and they mentioned it sound like "Mothman". I looked into it, but, this thing didn't look man-like. It looked like a giant bird or something. But it ran or bounded threw the woods. I don't know what it was.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mackey88

OMG!!! Bless you for telling this story! I don't feel so alone now. I didn't see the "thing" outside my window, but it sounds very similar to what I experienced!
Here's my story. I told a shorter version here in the thread, but I got more feedback by doing a thread about it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here is a thread where others have had "beastly" encounters:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9/9/2014 by sled735 because: add link

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mackey88

I was talking to someone at a coffee shop late on night, and told them about it, and they mentioned it sound like "Mothman". I looked into it, but, this thing didn't look man-like. It looked like a giant bird or something. But it ran or bounded threw the woods. I don't know what it was.

have you looked into the jersey devil? I know you aren't near there but I do remember hearing there was more than just 1. And I do think that is how the jersey devil is described.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sandman441

have you looked into the jersey devil? I know you aren't near there but I do remember hearing there was more than just 1. And I do think that is how the jersey devil is described.

Did you read the threads I linked in my previous post? I think it was the Jersey Devil I heard too. Awesome that you should make that connection!

Good to see you are still with us, Sandman!

edit on 9/9/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
All I can say is WOW! I didn't know you had another thread about this. That's bizarre. I think I saw you lived up in Tenn at the time.

I lived in Dahlonega for years, and was military training in the national forest near Suches, GA. We were in a squad formation around 3am one night, and something "screamed" at us. We all fired blanks at it, and it took off. It sounded like it was running away to me and a couple of others in the group. But the lead guy said it was a Bobcat, and for us to not worry about, and to get back to our training mission. I was 18yrs old at the time, and didn't think much about it after that.

After reading through your other thread, something is out there. And it "ain't no Bobcat!!!"

a reply to: sled735

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Yes, Tennessee, at the foot of the Appalachian Mountains. Very dense forest all around me; a wonderful place for weird creatures to live and hide from the public eye.
I'm still in TN, but not in the same area.

Here is a picture of what the area looked similar to where I lived:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
That is beautiful!!! When I "retire", it will be up in that area. Unfortunately, its going to be quite a few more years.

If I were the "Jersey Devil", that is the area I would hide in. It makes me wonder about the "Face Jugs" the mountain men and women artist make. I've seen many of them with horns and distorted faces. I wonder if art was imitating real life.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

A great place to retire. I hope to go back to my childhood area when I retire too. The only thing that bothers me is it being so far away from a near-by town. I've gotten used to calling in for pizza delivery, and running to the store and back home in 10 minutes. LOL And the gnats are horrible in the summer!
Maybe have a little cabin to live in during the summer, and keep the house I'm in now during the winter.
Winters in the mountains can be brutal; one just about has to buy enough food for months at a time, and hibernate. Of course, that would be okay too, if I'm retired.

I sent you a couple of messages. Did you see them?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I keep forgetting about the u2u messages. I will check them. Ive been to caught up in the stories on here. Simply amazing. I was reading your other thread ,
"Have You Had a Mythical Beast Encounter?"
That's a really good one too! I clicked "favorite" on both of them!

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You can click on the "subscribe" link/icon to post it in your threads that come up on your "My ATS" page. That way you will see when anyone posts any new comments on the thread. If you post something in a thread, it automatically goes into your subscribed list.

Of course, flags and stars are ALWAYS welcome!

Just a bit of info for you to know about in the future. Thanks for the interest.

edit on 9/9/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735

I actually made some artwork about this dream. I will see if I can find this, and maybe post it at some point in the future. I made a couple of big paintings, but they grew legs and disappeared from the studio at the college. I know I have sketches in one of my sketch books from back then, but all that artwork is in a box somewhere at my parents house.

I would love, love, love to see your sketches when you have time to post them.

Did this "dream" have a different "feel" to it? Did it stick with you for days/weeks until the actual 9-11 event happened?
I think some dreams leave us feeling differently than just a regular dream does, when it has some type of profound meaning.
Sometimes it's a past-life memory, or a warning of future events, or even just a message from our guides... but they feel different.

I would "love, love, love" to see your sketches too, Mackey88.
Please don't forget to post them.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mindless1980

Thanks for the reminder, Mindless.

Which reminds me... I haven't come across my jewelry box yet. I'm going to dig through some places I haven't looked yet, maybe tomorrow, and see if it happens to still be in the house.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So had a dream about my dad I can't remember if it was last night or in the morning. Just because my nephews alarm went off at 5am and I couldnt really go back to sleep until later. Anyway it was a little weird, not scary but my dad was sitting at the table and I see his red jacket and he kept insisting I check dna for some reason. I dont know what that means but his red coat was pictured and it just kept saying dna.

The second one was just like pictures out of a photo album mostly it's been about what my mom has been doing, Ever since my dad died me and my sister (kind of) has been trying to keep her busy and to me it seemed that he was very happy with how we have been treating her. I think its to show that he is always there with her.

There was a third part too that I cannot remember, but it didnt seem to be too important which may be why I forgot it. I do have to say there was nothing said about my brother or my other sister. My brother in particular has been an asshole, a day or two after my dad passed my brother was like dad gave me all of his tools and his truck. And the tools are fine half are broke because of him but the truck he has 2 cars he doesn't need 3 and my dad didn't give it to him.

He did take it for about a week and I had to get it back (we are trading it in along with my moms car to get her a new car) but the other thing he did was that he went into our fishing cabin (his cabin is next door) and cleaned out every tool, screw, nail just anything he could get his hands on with a fine tooth comb and didnt leave us anything. It's not like there was just 1 set of everything we had alot of screwdrivers like 4 hammers, and atleast multiples or more of about everything.

Anyway the best way to describe him is hes selfish and a total asshole.

But to the dream he seemed at peace which is good because for atleast 6 months before he had major breathing problems and was just tired all the time and he looked good.

Anyway I think this was just the first one. It may take time to get used to being whereever he is, when my dog died it took a few months and I've had about 4 dreams of him so.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sandman441

There always seems to be at least one in every family that thinks they deserve more than the other family members when a loved one passes. I hope you get this worked out.

If your dad seems at peace, then that is good. Maybe next time you should ask him to send a message to your brother about being so selfish.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

There always seems to be at least one in every family that thinks they deserve more than the other family members when a loved one passes. I hope you get this worked out.

If your dad seems at peace, then that is good. Maybe next time you should ask him to send a message to your brother about being so selfish.

yeah unfortunately we have 2 and it just will not be resolved. He said things to my mom that she will never forgive him for, and his wife said things to my sister that my mom will never forgive her for. It's not like small things either.

not sure what kind of dreams my mom has had but I'm sure he knows and he may have already said something to my brother about it. It depends though, I think some people are easier to get to than others and my brother may not have that gift.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hey sandman,
thanks for posting. My thoughts about your dreams, is your Dad was trying to tell you "You don't get to pick your family, they are blood"....

I just got the feeling he might be trying you to tell you, YOU don't need to suffer what your brother is doing. You are your own man, and he's "sitting at the table with YOU"... that's kind of a big deal, you know, men have "serious" conversations at the dinner table for some weird reason. Well, at least the men in my family do down here in the south. The dinner table is like the unofficial meeting place were serious things are discussed.

And the dream about you looking through the picture album, I got the feeling, he was happy looking over his life with you and his family. Maybe like it wasn't all perfect, but it was a good, happy life. And maybe he wants you or him, or both of you to focus on the "happy" times the family shared together. The "memories" are more important than some shot out tools. A screw driver is a screw driver, ya know. You can get them at the pawn shop, 2 for 50 cents.

I had an Uncle, when our granddad passed away, him and his wife came down from North Carolina, and DEMANDED the old furniture Gramps had. He said it was "promised" to HIM. We were like "cool" take it. The bottoms are broken out of the drawers and the handles are falling off. He bought the junk furniture at some roadside garage sale, mainly because he was CHEAP. Glad I didn't have to move it.

We figured out why they wanted it so bad. They thought Gramps had hidden some gold coins in it. He had mentioned it to my Uncles wife years before at a Christmas get together... They were acting PSYCHO about it. So we helped them load that junk up, and off they went.

Then we went out in the backwoods behind his house with a metal detector to the "SPOT", and dug up his small silver coin stash he had forever... LOL!!! He was a prankster like that. I could picture him laughing about it, and it made me smile, and I didn't miss him so much.

I think that is what your Dad is trying to do. I think Hes up there, smiling and enjoying it all. I think hes telling you "Don't sweat those tools, I don't care about them!"

This is just my opinion!!! Thanks for posting, and I'm sorry about your lose sandman. I still miss my Grandpa. Almost got choked up thinking about it now, and its been a loooong time ago.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That makes sense to me. that would explain the dna stuff. Me I'm not worried about the tools I could care less just because they were all broken for the most part. It's just he went into the cabin to take them, and it just wasn't that they pretty much routinely go over there and "borrow" things without saying anything. Like I said I personally could care less about the tools they weren't that important to me it was just that he went in there and took everything without saying a thing about it. And he's done other things too.

And then with the truck my moms car is kind of falling apart and needs maintenance on it and it's just easier to take both cars in and get new car for her, which to me comes before anybody elses wants. I can read people pretty well and I can read auras too and the first time I laid eyes on his wife I told my dad that this one is trouble and my dad was like yeah I know. She is basically a gold digger which is funny because my brother has nothing.

Haha that is something my dad would totally do just to see how stupid some people are. I hope all they found in there was termites.

edit on 10-9-2014 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Thank you for your feedback to Sandman, Mackey. That makes total sense, now that you posted it. My mind was preoccupied, so I wasn't "getting the message" like you did.

That's why I love for others here to offer feedback. Sometimes if one of us don't get it, another person will.
Good job!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Thank you for your feedback to Sandman, Mackey. That makes total sense, now that you posted it. My mind was preoccupied, so I wasn't "getting the message" like you did.

That's why I love for others here to offer feedback. Sometimes if one of us don't get it, another person will.
Good job!

yeah exactly, the dna thing was throwing me for a loop, so what mackey posted was like oh ok now it makes sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 276  277  278    280  281  282 >>

join