It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Thanks for sharing, Smyleegrl! Weird, indeed!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

You have "the shining" like the boy in that awesome movie by stanley kubrick...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Okay, time for another one of my experiences....

When I was around 20 years old I took a job as a caregiver for this woman who was in her late eighties. The family needed someone to stay with her on weekends, so I was hired. She lived in a very secluded area in the woods off the main state highway, and next to a river. The house was a very large white two story with a wrap-around porch, large yard, and the peaceful sounds of the river flowing could be heard from the porch. I was excited to get to work at such a lovely place. The house was probably built in the late 1880s. It had a large living room with a very large kitchen off off to the right. The inside wasn't as nice as the outside. It was furnished in a style from the 1940s, and very dark. Straight ahead on the other end of the living room were steps that led up to the bedrooms where I would share a separate bed in her room.

My first day there I felt like something was "off"; the atmosphere felt heavy, and I felt uneasy. That night before bedtime as we sat in the living room I thought I heard pots and pans being moved around in the kitchen, like someone was cooking. Yet I knew there was only the two of us there. I looked at her to see if she heard it, but apparently she didn't. I tried to brush it off, and tell myself maybe it was mice in the cupboards. I knew it wasn't but I didn't want to freak myself out!

When she was ready to go to bed I helped her get ready, and up the stairs. She went to sleep immediately, but I had such an uneasy feeling I could only lie there. I knew we weren't alone... I felt the presence of some invisible energy with us. After lying there maybe ten minutes I heard heavy footsteps coming up the stairs! I thought my heart would stop! She was asleep, and I didn't want to wake her so I just closed my eyes and pulled the cover over my head. I heard the footsteps come into the room, and then it stopped beside my bed, and I felt it standing there staring at me. Then it walked over to the woman's bed. I never heard it leave. I must have fallen asleep at some point, but when I woke up I called the woman's daughter and told her I was sorry, but I couldn't stay another night. I made up some excuse... don't remember what it was. After cooking her breakfast, and doing the dishes, I was outta there as soon as her daughter showed up!

I hated to do the family that way, but I lived in fear with a ghost the first sixteen years of my life, I wasn't going to go through that again if I had a choice! :@

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I had 'paranormal' experiences for most of my life up until about 4 years ago, that was the last time.

I wrote a thread about it here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've come very close physically to 2 'ships', craft, UFOs...whatver you wanna call them.

I've seen about 8 UFOs in my life.

I had a possible experience with an 'entity' at 14 which I remember seeing something at the end up my bed and blacked out, woke up in the morning upside down on my bed and the back of my head and nose hurt for 2 days like I got punched. But I'm very skeptical about 'abductions'...I think most stories are BS.

I lived with a 'ghost' for about 4 years. I saw it's silhouette on my wall sneaking up behind me. Had dishes crash in my kitchen that weren't there when I rushed in to look. And it jumped in bed with me 2 times when I first moved in that apartment.

Glad I don't experience those things anymore. Don't miss it a bit.
edit on 2-3-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I would never have believed in a Ghost unless I had seen it with my own eyes....I won't go into details other than...it surprised the Hell out of me. I though at first someone was fooling with me as this was in the daytime.

What happened was not a trick...it was impossible to be a trick and it happened right next to me and was vivid as if I was seeing the hands of a living person. It was not a shadow but fully illuminated as I was in the middle of the day.

Nothing happened for a long time after that....and my next experience was in a different house....where I know I am currently living with a Ghost. It doesn't bother me and I don't bother it. But I made sure to lay down the ground rules...this is my house now...you are welcome to stay...don't mess with me or anyone else. It has worked so far and I get a feeling of good vibes when I go into my remodeled Bathroom.

It is the living that people have to worry about and Ghosts are just like any other person...some good...some bad...some with humor or other traits...the key is to be strong of mind and heart....nothing can hurt you if you will not allow it to. I do not believe in Hell or Heven in the way most people do....but I can't discount what I see with my own eyes. One thing I am fairly certain of...if a person generates fear....it is reflected in a negative way by any entity...just like any person. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
My most recent experience was in early May, 2011. My husband and I were separated, and I had rented a three-bedroom mobile home out in the country. There was a cemetery right at the edge of yard! I didn't notice it when I first looked at the place because of trees and shrubs blocking the view. I probably wouldn't have chosen that particular home if I had seen it then.

I always felt uneasy in the back bedroom (the end closest to the cemetery), like something was in the closet. I always kept that bedroom door shut. Even walking into the bathroom next to that room gave me the chills.

So one night I was in the kitchen, and my food pantry door just opened up by itself. I felt a presence with me, and the hair stood up on my arms and neck. I had more knowledge about ghosts then after all the research I'd done over my life time so I didn't freak out as bad as I did on my last encounter at the old lady's house 34 years ago. I remained calm and walked over to close the pantry door. Then I told it to get out of my home! It did. I must admit I was unnerved for about an hour afterwards anyway. I walked over the same areas of the floor to see if there were any loose floor boards that may have made the door open for some reason, but it didn't open, and it had never done that in the four months prior when I moved in.

A couple of weeks later I came home from work (3rd shift) and had just gone to bed when I heard these incredibly heavy, loud footsteps starting at the opposite end of the trailer, and ran (very fast) toward my bedroom. I had double doors entering my master bedroom (on the opposite end of the trailer) which I kept closed to keep the light out so I could sleep. I sat straight up in bed just waiting for my bedroom doors to burst open, but when it reached the doors, it just stopped...... from a dead run, to a sudden stop.... nothing!

I sat there, unable to move in bed with my mouth open, and eyes probably big as saucers waiting to see if anything else was going to happen. When I composed myself, I told it to get out; I had to get my sleep!
I never heard another sound after that day, but I still had an uneasy feeling in the back bedroom.

I moved out three weeks later, and moved back in our house with my husband (we worked through our problems).
I see shadows here at the house sometimes, but it doesn't bother me at all.
There is a sweet little old lady that resides with us. She stays in my bedroom closet most of the time. I told her once to leave. Immediately, I could feel her crying, and begging me not to make her go. So I told her as long as she didn't scare me she could stay. And she never has in the 24 years we've lived here.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

I bet you don't miss it! Thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I like your outlook on things! Thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

I like your outlook on things! Thanks for sharing!

Thank You for the kind words.
Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I wont press you for details but is seems like you saw very real looking ghostly hands very close to you...wow...and why do some people have multiple paranormal sightings and experiences,while other people never even have one throughout their entire lives? because some people are psychic and clairvoyant with their inner eye open,while some people are not and surely there are lots of people who have experienced bizarre and hard to explain things who will never admit it and who will never tell anyone.Are they in denial? or just terrified of reality? or where they warned by their ghostly intruder never to tell anyone?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I love threads like these!
Awesome hearing everyones stories and ideas!

I can't say that I have ever had anything weird or paranormal happen to me at all. Nothing... hahaha
So I can't talk from any sort of experience but I think these things don't just happen at random. There must be some part of you, however small, that might be drawing these experiences to you?

I think that, maybe, people who have multiple paranormal experiences have an extra sense or gift that they themselves are not aware of but everyTHING else can sense and are therefore drawn to them?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Wow... Thanks for sharing your story. What an incredibly facscinating world you must live in... Will you share a few more of your stories? I would love to hear them. There have been a few replies to this thread where people report hearing chimes/bells... What do you think it means?

Ciao

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamKels
reply to post by blocula

Wow... Thanks for sharing your story. What an incredibly facscinating world you must live in... Will you share a few more of your stories? I would love to hear them. There have been a few replies to this thread where people report hearing chimes/bells... What do you think it means?

Ciao
Beyond my control,i have experienced the very real paranormal world thats all around us during my entire life and through the years i have told a few people about several of my sightings,encounters and happenings and they have all told me more or less the same thing...

"How can you or anyone else expect you to be anything near normal after having experienced all those weird things?"

What is "normal" anyways? I didnt want or ask for any of those "weird things" to happen to me,but obviously someone or something wanted me to hear them,to see them and wanted me to know of their very real reality...

Those sounds i heard were so haunting that i can still hear their spell binding afterglow all these years later and perhaps they were the strangest paranormal experience i've ever had...

Those very bizarre and somehow almost unearthly sounds of ringing bells and chimes were outside above our house,as i layed in bed in the dark listening to them in my third floor bedroom,on a summer night with the windows open,when i was around 10yrs old...

They were emanating from above the house,from up in the sky,not from the surrounding area and they may have been music from another dimension,or from an alternate reality,or perhaps those haunting melodies were the ghostly sounds of music once played there where i heard them,long before i was born...
edit on 2-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Here is another one of my experiences, probably the most mind-boggling of them all...

I had a ring setting that was made from Kentucky coal that my husband gave me (ex-husband now). He said it was one of a kind. About a year after we were divorced I lost the setting in the ring at a local club. Three months later my cousin and I went to a drive-in theater (this was in the mid 1970's). During intermission I went to the bathroom located inside the concession building . As I stood and looked up, there was something black dangling in mid-air in front of my face. I thought at first it was a spider hanging on a web, but then it fell to the concrete floor and made a noise, so I knew whatever it was, it was a solid object. As I knelt over getting a closer look, I realized this was the setting from my ring that I had lost three months prior in a totally different place! It was like it just materialized in front of my eyes, stayed there until I saw it, and fell at my feet. I picked it up and put it in my pocket. When I went back to the car my cousin asked me if I was okay because she said I was pale as a ghost. I told her what happened, and she was speechless! When I got home I placed the setting in my ring, put the ring away in my jewelry case, and I have never taken it out again since that day! Still don't know what to make out of this! Anyone ever experienced anything like this?

If you read Edgar Mitchell's "The Way of the Explorer" there is something very similar. He was testing a psychic to try to get scientific evidence of paranormal. Apparently he lost a tie pin while he was travelling around the country as an astronaut. Over several days bits and pieces of the tie pin showed up. For example part of it was in somebody's mouth while they were eating ice cream. In another case a piece seemed to appear in mid air and fall on the floor.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

Thanks for the info, Cloudyday. I'll find the book! I've had one other member that sent me a link about this type of experience. It is a great site where a bunch of people have had this happen. These are the only two replies I've had concerning this post. I appreciate it. It has baffled me ever since it happened. Maybe now I can learn what happened!

Here is the link, for anyone who missed it: amasci.com...
edit on 3/2/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
reply to post by sled735

I had 'paranormal' experiences for most of my life up until about 4 years ago, that was the last time.

I wrote a thread about it here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've come very close physically to 2 'ships', craft, UFOs...whatver you wanna call them.

I've seen about 8 UFOs in my life.

I had a possible experience with an 'entity' at 14 which I remember seeing something at the end up my bed and blacked out, woke up in the morning upside down on my bed and the back of my head and nose hurt for 2 days like I got punched. But I'm very skeptical about 'abductions'...I think most stories are BS.

I lived with a 'ghost' for about 4 years. I saw it's silhouette on my wall sneaking up behind me. Had dishes crash in my kitchen that weren't there when I rushed in to look. And it jumped in bed with me 2 times when I first moved in that apartment.

Glad I don't experience those things anymore. Don't miss it a bit.
edit on 2-3-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

Thanks for linking to your thread PaxVeritas, I haven't been brave enough to start a single thread about my experiences.

I think it's so interesting that you say you think most 'abductions' are BS, especially when you have seen so many UFOs! Myself I have seen 3 and just missed an interesting one as I was inside when others saw it. It's also interesting that like me you write 'abductions'. I personally don't like this term and prefer 'experiencer', just because I think it's slightly presumptive and possibly wrong to label these things alien/ET related. There is a kind of widespread belief and prejudice about abductions that says it's always some backward hick that gets probed by greys, or someone who's a crazy attention seeker. I wonder if you feel like some of the sensational stories we hear are BS?

If you read books by Jaques Vallee or John E Mack you will see that the 'abduction' phenomena is complex and maybe by design not strictly physical. It may also be something almost shamanical in nature that has been going on as long as the human race has. This of course gives the uber sceptical, nuts and bolts reality people something of a headache as they demand physical proof, I understand this, as they have never experienced anything like it. However they label people that report these things as nuts. Generally I am sceptical as in I don't believe anything without asking sensible questions but the things that have happened all my life make me doubt that what most people think is real.

When you wrote that you blacked out, it reminded me of my last and quite recent abduction type experience. I had the amnesia feeling I have described before for a couple of days. Then the memory came back to me, It was at night and I sat bolt upright in bed. I had been woken up by the urgent sense that something was going to happen. My husband woke up a few seconds after me and almost at the same time a bright white light began to build in the room. At this point I said to him, 'Can you feel? Something's going to happen!'. He was groggy and confused and started to reach his hand out to me, at the same time I got an overwhelming buzzing in the front of my head, I felt as if I was being pulled backwards and the buzzing in my head became so intense I blacked out. I don't remember anything else. I asked and he doesn't remember anything!

edit on 2-3-2012 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

I just now visited your thread. Sorry it took me so long. What an awesome event!!!!!!!!

I don't know what I would have done! Do you think maybe this man was an "abductee" from long ago that they were bringing back? The way you described him, it just made me wonder.

Thanks for sharing your link. It took a lot of courage, like some others on here. You are in good company!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Here is, yet, another one of my experiences... I've had a lot of them!

One night a friend of mine called to ask me what that green florescent cloud was that was floating over my house (my parents house). I hadn't noticed it, so I went outside, and there it was! Very bright florescent green misty cloud looming over the top of the entire roof. It stayed there for almost two weeks, and no one else seemed to notice it, but my friend and me. Could it have been some type of gas emitting from the house, or do you think it could have been a UFO hiding itself in the mist?

Did anyone respond to this post (above)? I don't see any. I have been wondering about this ever since it happened.
Any ideas out there?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
/
edit on 3-3-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Sled,

You have a lot of company in experiencing multiple paranormal phenomenon.

I too have seen ufo's on two different dates (and countries). I grew up in a haunted house that was a "gateway" for spirits according to local indians and psychics. In that house I experienced moving shadows and black mist, orbs, faintly glowing air, poltergeist activity (lights turning on and off, small objects jittering around, displacement of small objects that would reappear later, hot and cold spots, a few guests and maids saw actual apparitions although I didn't). had a interaction with a wraith like shadow being (what I believe was possibly a extra dimensional entity, who was just as curious to see me as I was to see it) I have experienced some of this paranormal activity both alone and with other witnesses. for instance my sister was there with me when we were both in sedona and saw a group of UFOs in the night sky. the home I grew up in that was haunted had had multiple (more than a dozen) witnesses over time including one celebrity (a c list one, but still, bought the house off my dad), and my cousin saw the wraith entity on the second occasion I saw it.

Its a relief that others such as your self and other posters in this forum have experienced much of the same.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join